Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Streets of Hogsmeade Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:36 pm
User Image

Regret ☂ Owens
Divinations Professor

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

Regret figured that someone might've noticed, but he didn't expect to be outwardly confronted about it. Usually, people would slowly inch away from him. Truthfully, he hadn't gone out much to say whether a situation is the norm or not.

"Nothing, miss," he said. "Thank you kindly for worrying, but everything's fine." He held out his thumb to show her, which had no sign of a bite wound there. It was just a normal thumb. "See? It's all healed now." Regret could've lied and told the woman that she was hallucinating. However, that would be preposterous, as it would most likely offend his father. If he was here, that is.

He felt his muscle tense as his jaw clenched slightly. He looked calm though, or as far as his wall of "I'm okay" could shield him. Regret really just wanted to go to some pub and drink until he pass out. But he can't do that, if he wanted to stay on track. Besides, it would be uncanny for him to be seen like that.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

ndure through the pain, to be rewarded with a gain.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:08 pm
Amata Harlowe
Professor of Mythology // Wandering Hogsmeade Village // Wearing
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

spaceShe shifted her weight from one foot to the other, her brows arched. She wasn't really talking about the bite, more about whatever was on his mind that had caused him to do it. But it was safe to assume that he knew that, and was deflecting. She bit back a sigh, not wanting to offend him or show how exasperated she was. As she herself was very open with her emotions, wearing her heart on her sleeve, it was sometimes frustrating to her when others kept their emotions bottled up. 'It's unnatural... unhealthy. But, I am a stranger to him, of course...' "If you're quite sure everything is alright... But, I'm sorry, I didn't introduce myself. Amata Harlowe." Amata held out her hand to him, offering to shake his. She didn't really care to leave him alone. He seemed like the type to get lost in his own thoughts, to dwell in his pain.

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:40 pm
User Image

Regret ☂ Owens
Divinations Professor

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

Regret did not like frustrating others, but he had no choice. Well, he did, but the truth would only hurt an innocent bystander, he believed. He just kept his smile as best as he could and said, "Pleasure to be your acquaintance, Miss Harlowe. My name is Regret Owens." He took Amata's hand, but instead of shaking her hand like any normal person would, he guided her hand upward and gently kissed it.

Perhaps the action was a bit odd, but maybe it would divert her attention slightly. Regret didn't quite know how to bring up a new subject otherwise. At least he wasn't rude. Or at least, he hoped he hadn't been.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:20 pm
Amata Harlowe

User Image

spaceAmata blushed when he brought her hand to his lips. It was so old world! Not many men would do something like that in this day and age. It caught her off guard. But, she recovered quickly. 'Regret... what an unfortunate name... no wonder he's so sad.' In response to his old world charm, she found herself regressing into a more flowery speech pattern, matching his attitude. "Lovely to meet you, Mr. Owens. What brings you to Hogsmeade today?" If nothing else, she could perhaps give him some company, take his mind off his troubles. She certainly didn't have any plans for the day. And it would be nice to have someone to walk with, talk to.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:13 pm
User Image

Regret ☂ Owens
Divinations Professor

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

"Hogwarts is lonely without many people," Regret said. "I simply came to take a stroll in Hogsmeade and perhaps buy a couple books I could enjoy." It was a piece of a truth though. He didn't speak his mind, yet he did speak his heart. But from his experience, the mind overruled the heart.

He found it funny how living was dictated by the mind, yet life was dictated by the heart. A brain-dead person could live on, albeit difficultly, while an inactive heart meant death. Perhaps he knew too little of the human body to say anything. He was sure that any muggle biologist would happily beat him down about being ignorant to the wonders of the body.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:20 pm
Amata Harlowe

User Image

spaceAmata's eyes widened, and she clapped her hands together in excitement. "Hogwarts? So, if you are living there, you must be on staff, correct? As a professor or something? I was just hired on, I haven't moved in, but I will be teaching Mythology there this fall! It is so nice to meet someone from the school!" As she spoke, the volume rose, and her words began to run together. Amata had been so sure, based on her own experience at the school, that she would be the youngest person on staff, and by at least ten years. She'd been prepared to be dreadfully alone during the school year, but perhaps she needn't be. If Regret was also on staff, there might be others around their age, and at least she would be beginning the school year with one familiar face at the Professor's table. It was certainly something to be happy about, at least to her mind.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:08 pm
User Image

Regret ☂ Owens
Divinations Professor

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

Regret chuckled as Amata grew more and more excited. He understood why she would be this joyous though, since he didn't expect to run into a Hogwarts professor like himself at Hogsmeade during the summer. Most of them, he heard, have already gone back to their families. Family. Ha.

He mentally slapped himself, then spoke, "I teach Divinations this coming school year. This will be the first year I will ever be teaching, so I hope I can survive." He thought about how each class had some sort of unprecedented incident. He would do his best to keep the class safe. Who knows? Maybe a crystal ball would magically fall on someone's head.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:42 pm
Amata Harlowe

User Image

spaceAmata smiled, her hands still clasped together, her eyes sparkling. "Oh, I'm sure you'll do fine! I mean, I'm the one to worry about, for sure. I'm so scattered sometimes... It'll be a miracle if I can keep my thoughts organized, let alone keep a class going." That was certainly true enough. She was dedicated, of course, but she did tend to get a little overzealous, and was known to ramble a bit whenever she really got excited. She thought she'd be an excellent teacher... if she could stay on track. She hoped that her students would be as dedicated as she was. If they were, it might help to keep her organized. "But, you're the Divinations professor? I recall that class being very popular when I was in school... I took it, in fact, with most of my house mates. This is the first year they're offering Mythology, I'm half scared that I won't even have any students. That would certainly be awful..." She trailed off, her eyes growing a little dimmer, her brows knitting in worry. It was a real concern of hers. She had such passion for her subject, had lived and breathed it as a child, so the idea that no one would care enough to attend the lesson sat ill with her. She rubbed a hand up and down her arm. 'Surely they wouldn't have hired on a professor if there was no one to take the class, though...' She brushed the thought away, perking back up. No sense in worrying now. Summer had barely begun. There was nothing to be done about it at the moment.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:23 pm
User Image

Regret ☂ Owens
Divinations Professor

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

"That's certainly not true, Miss Harlowe. If they didn't thought you were competent enough to teach a class, they wouldn't have hired you," Regret countered. The school had some of the best centuries and therefore expected newly hired staff to match the students' expectations. They were hired because Hogwarts needed their knowledge.

"Mythology is just as fascinating as Divinations. I wouldn't mind recommending your class to some of my own students," he said, assuming he had at least one or two students. A lot of students would drop Divinations after their first year. Some never bothered to even show up, as he recalled from when he was studying at Hogwarts.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:02 pm
Amata Harlowe

User Image

spaceAmata waved a hand in the air in a somewhat dismissive gesture, and shook her head. Not at him, but at herself. "I know that, of course. But, I can't help but be nervous. I mean, you must understand that, if this is your first year as well. And I would be very grateful for you to help me get students interested. I'm very passionate about the subject, so of course I would be devastated if I had no one to teach it to." She tilted her head thoughtfully, placing a finger to her chin and tapping it three times, a gesture she often made when something occurred to her very suddenly. "So, if you are teaching Divinations... are you yourself a seer, or are any of your family?" She supposed that, if he were gifted with the sight, it might explain his gloomy demeanor. People who saw the future often saw things that hurt them or depressed them. 'Perhaps he just has some sort of vision of something terrible that was going to happen and it upset him... ' If so, she felt a little better. And, it would explain his reluctance to share. Those who saw the future were often mocked for their predictions... until they came true.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:27 pm
User Image

Regret ☂ Owens
Divinations Professor

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

Actually, Regret hadn't thought about his position at Hogwarts until Amata brought it up. He didn't have the time to think about such things when he was so focused on his goal. Maybe it was a good idea to loosen up some times. However, the thought that his research had to be postponed really shook him up quite a bit.

"Perhaps you could educate me on the subject of Mythology sometimes. I'd be happy to learn," he stated. He remembered how he had spent weeks deciding what classes to take. Such blissful days. He thought for awhile, contemplating Amata's question. Didn't his grandmother mention that her great-grandmother was a seer? Though that was a long time ago, and his memories could be lying. He shook his head, "My family is filled with normal wizards and witches. I'm just passionate about the subject," he said. He did graduate the class with a NEWT in Divinations. Though he was more concerned about accessing the Hogwarts library than actually teaching, a fact he was slightly unsure about sharing with the youthful Amata Harlowe.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:54 pm
Amata Harlowe

User Image

spaceAmata's head tilted to the side. 'Hm, so much for that theory... I wonder, then, what troubles him so,' she thought. But, she quickly recovered from her obvious confusion, and straightened her head. "It was a rather fascinating subject. Divinations, that is. I rather enjoyed it, though I had no talent for the practical. Never got quite the hang of it all. I rather felt like I was taking a Rorschach test, to be honest." She gave a small laugh, and it sounded like the tinkling of bells. "As for my class, they're calling it Mythology, but to be honest, it's more like a class about fairy tales and legends. I mean, I suppose that legends and myths are one and the same, but I still feel like the class has been given a misnomer. My third year classes start with The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Following that we have... let me think... The Quintaped and Unicorn blood, and then some of the old stories about Hogwarts. The Chamber of Secrets, the Diadem of Ravenclaw, that sort of thing." Amata glanced up the road a ways, to The Three Broomsticks. She thought that she would quite like that Butterbeer now... perhaps something to eat. She was getting a tad hungry.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:45 am
User Image

Regret ☂ Owens
Divinations Professor

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

Regret understood how difficult Divinations sometimes was, but he had no idea what Amata was comparing it to. Rors-something? "May I inquire about what a Rorsech test is?" he asked, unsure if he pronounced the noun correctly. He nodded as she talked about her class, clearly dedicated to her teachings.

He followed Amata's gaze and noticed the little place called "The Three Broomsticks". It wouldn't hurt if he spent an hour or so there. "Miss Harlowe, would you mind joining me at The Three Broomsticks? My treat," he offered.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:33 pm
Amata Harlowe

User Image

spaceAmata blushed a little that Regret had noticed her glancing towards The Three Broomsticks. 'He probably could hear my stomach growl as well... I should have had more than a bagel for breakfast.' "I would love to join you. But, of course it's not necessary for you to buy for me." She tried to keep her tone pleasant, not wanting him to think she was being rude. She just wasn't particularly comfortable with him buying her a drink, or food, with them having just met. She hated to start any relationship, friendly or otherwise, by allowing the other person to take care of her in any way. It tended to be habit forming, and she had something of an obsession with gifts and the like. She absolutely loved it when people bought her things, took her to eat. Chalk it up to generous parents. She started to The Three Broomsticks, smiling as she recalled his question about the Rorschach test. "Are you at all familiar with Muggle Psychology? A Rorschach test is this test they give, where the doctor shows the patient an innocuous image, usually an inkblot. And the patient has to tell the doctor what they see. It's supposed to be indicative of their mental state and whatever is most on their mind. My father used to talk about them a lot. He thought it was nonsense, of course, but the concept always fascinated my mother." She blushed a little again, realizing she had just potentially revealed the details of her parentage. Not that she was ashamed, but you never knew how people would react... it might have gone over his head, but if he had picked up on it, he might not be so eager to join her for a drink. She'd suffered many a moment when someone would invite her along somewhere, only to hastily cancel their plans after learning that she was a half blood.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:01 pm
User Image

Regret ☂ Owens
Divinations Professor

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

"As you wish, Miss," he said. He wasn't the type of person to pester others to let him pay until they agree. It would ruin any budding friendship too. As he walked towards The Three Broomsticks, he listened intently as Amata explained what the test was. He tried to make sense of it, but his brain couldn't wrap around this peculiar method of determining a person's mental state. It seemed... odd.

But then again, he had never been exposed to enough muggle ideas. "I must apologize, I'm not very adept with muggle practices, but how can inkblots show a person's mind?"

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

User Image

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games