Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

KTweirdchick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:27 pm

Quick Notice:

I've moved all the locked classrooms to the White Tomb. I'll be deleting them all on the 21st of October. I suggest all teachers get any and all information needed from them before then.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:27 pm

SO, so far, we have semi-agreed on 10 points per week for homework.
Any other comments or input?

KTweirdchick

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:09 am

I like 10 points week. Then I usually give out extra credit where they can earn to 10 more points, but usually only earn around 5. My standards for extra credit are much higher...and I don't let them turn in extra credit late... I think finals should be worth around 20 points...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:12 am

Bah...I just hate it when I've been writting lessons and I come up with a new way to run my classes using the same lessons in different orders of years...grrr...

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:43 am

I think 10 Points is fair for an Assignment/Homework. I do agree that Finals or Exams should be worth 20. As for Extra Credit, for me it just depends on what I'm asking of the students. However I have noticed that last term more people took my class and did the work this term many people signed up but I think they didn't do the work because it was lower than before, which is fine with me but I think we should all agree on how many points will be offered, if everyone has the same amount maybe everyone will do the work they signed-up to do, that is my opinion anyway.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:23 pm

I have closed the Astronomy Classroom for the End of Term, it just needs to be locked. 3nodding

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

lizzieangel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:27 pm

I have closed Arithmancy class and there was too little interest to bother setting up a final. Next year can I teach two classes...??
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:16 pm

I'm not sure whether I want to close it or not. Only two people, both in Div I, have taken the final. I kind of want to give people the longest time possible to take it and advance levels.
When does it have to be closed?

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:30 pm

Term Ended November 10. The Winter Term was suppose to start on the November 27, however, it is now November 29. I'm not sure what is happening I'm not getting many PM's back. I think by now though that all of the classes from the Fall Term should be locked. I will be posting my Teaching Application and I'm going to set up my classroom, and if for whatever reason I'm not choosen to be a Teacher this Term it can be erased. I'd rather it be done and ready to start Lesson's, Assignment's, and Homework for the class then be set back again like last Term. If anyone has a problem with this please PM me. Thanks.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:33 pm

Hogwarts Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
I have been a part of this Guild since 11-12-05.

2. How many posts have you made?
I have made 414 posts in this Guild.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Yes, this Term I took Divination taught by Alutian and I did all of the assignments, homework, and quizzes. In the past I have also taken Charms taught by Voluptuous Jon, Ancient Runes taught by Celestial Archer, Defense Against the Dark Arts taught by Voluptuous Jon, and when I started in this guild I was in Cooking and Cleaning 101, however, I can't remember if Reese_Roper or lizzieangel who taught the class. At the end of a term I also did Lessons in Care of Magical Creatures and Muggle Studies for Extra Credit.

4. Class you are applying for:
I am Re-Applying for the position of Astronomy Class Teacher.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
My username is Avatar34. My RP name is Tina or Professor Tina Aurora.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
I want to teach here at Hogwarts, because it interesting to give an assignment & homework and have them answer but sometimes also put a note under their answer. Saying things such as: I thought it was the goddess ___, because _____. Or giving their opinion on the Story. Also, it is fun and interesting for me such as making a new lesson and learning something new. Anyway I like this information being told to someone else who is also interested in Astronomy or even people who are just taking the class for points.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
My class will have the same orangment as last term. The only difference is that this term there will be an Astronomy III, for those who have taken the class twice before.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
Celestial Archer and Eowuclya have both said I could use them as a reference.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
I have the time to make the lessons and grade them while keeping up with Events in the Guild and as an Instructor in the Dueling Club.

10. Anything else you would like to add:
No.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Eowuclya

Gracious Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:50 pm

I locked up last terms classes. This term should have already started by now, so I am giving teachers the go ahead to post their applications and begin classes.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:13 am

I don't think I want to do Divination this term...I just want to be a student this time around. Perhaps I'll restart Div next term or something.
If someone wants to continue divination, however, I can send them all of the Pre-Div and Div I lessons, as well as the stuff I used to 'build' the classroom.

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:43 pm

I would like to know if I could also teach 2 classes this term. I already have all of my lessons ready for this term so, I was wondering if I could also teach another class. Maybe Ancient Runes or maybe a spells class (I'm not sure if this would technically be Charms Class or not). However I don't want to step on anybody's feet so if everyone wants to keep or go back to these classes I would be fine with that. If I couldn't do any of these I would consider probably any class that needs a teacher. Thanks and everyone please give me your opinion. (If that was terrable wording sorry, I still want to be Astronomy teacher I'm just asking if I can also teach another class.)
-Tina
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:58 pm

I don't see a problem in this Tina. Do you think you can keep up with it all? We would need to know what exact class you would like to teach as well.

Eowuclya

Gracious Entrepreneur

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games