Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Harry Potter Guild of Gaia
The Hogwarts Monthly! May Issue 2015 [OPEN READ ME] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you ready for the new issue !?
  Yes!!
  I didn't know we had a paper.
  Can I please be a writer !?
View Results

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:59 pm
User Image

Issue Number: 3.12
EDITOR: Aunt Slappy

*Please do not post here and read the first page for rules thank you*
Table of Contents:
Page 1. Cover Page/ToB
Page 2. Birthdays
Page 3. Roll Call
Page 4. New Developments
Page 5. New Recruiting Thread
Page 6. Sorting SOON !
Page 7. The Guild In a Heartbeat
Page 8. Witch Weekly (entertainment)
Page 9. Be active
Page 10. Note from the Editor
Page 11. Thanks to HM Staff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:00 pm
╔╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╗

User Image

◘ Birthdays ◘

Here we go, if your birthday is in March, April, or May and is not listed here please post it in this thread. Make sure the guild knows of any name changes by posting them in the Student Message Board!

From you Fellow members of the Guild we would like to wish you a happy birthday!
*<(=D)
User Image

Decided to go back two more months just to give happy birthdays to more than one person.
March:
3 – Alutian
9 - Avatar34 (1990)
14-Sparkletorn
14- Aunt Slappy
28 – techpriest35 (1989)

April:
4 – anticupid16
5- RBlaqk
16 – GunBANG
18 - Jena Cassin
20 – Stardust Disaster
20- animefreak-01

May:
18 – Junimaia (1986)

╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:01 pm

User Image

User Image
Professor Adonis
Good Afternoon students staff and house elves,
A few months ago the decision was made to do a clean up the membership of the guild. Not in the sense that we are deleting all of our loyal members no no, but we would like to give everyone the opportunity to state if they would like to remain in the guild or leave quietly before we update all of our lists. I was also asked to bring attention to name changes, if you by any chance have had a name change recently and never reported it to the guild, please head to the Student Message Board and notify us immediately. As of right now we are being very lenient on post count requirements for members but please be informed once all the lists are updated fully we will strictly follow our post regulations once again and an announcement will be made at that time. Now if you haven't done so already, please head to the Roll Call forum that I have made on the main page and state if you would like to remain a member(noting that you must be active once declaring yes) or if you wish to leave. That being said it would break my heart to see any of our members go, but so far you all have filled me with joy and remained.
Sincerely,
Professor Adonis
Headmaster HPGoG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:04 pm

User Image

I was able to sit in a staff meeting consisting of the Heads of Houses and Headmaster, and this is a general overview sort of the inside scoop to what they have planned.

Revamp of the SFQ Forum
Wow this one is exciting, a revamp of the suggestions forum is soon to go under way.

Overflow of PM’s
After they organize the lists and members they will begin a system of sending around two PM’s to everyone, those who participated and informed the Heads of Houses of their status via Roll Call will only receive one PM. The information regarding the private messages they plan to send will be announced later on.

An event is in the works
Our active heads of houses are currently in the development stages of a summer event. If you have any ideas you would like to share regarding the event, please post in the Suggestions, Feedback, Questions Forum. Dates regarding the event will be posted once they have defined schedule. With your help we can make this event great!

Positions will be opening up
Sadly some of our Heads of Houses have decided to retire and because of that there will be openings available. DO NOT bug the headmaster or any current Head of House for more information, because they will not give up any information. Trust me I have tried, and I got no where. The dates for when this is to occur is even more unknown than anything else.

Return of Guild contests and everyday events
*If you have read previous Hogwarts Monthly’s we used to have a member of the month every issue it was a lot of fun and the mods would always pick someone new and exciting who were putting in effort towards the guild.
*We also had the house cup, which was students only who earned house points by posting, games, and taking classes, remember to follow all rules because you wouldn’t want to be the cause of losing your house points.
*Another fun event returning will be post count add up. The members who had the most increase in post count(activity) in the guild will earn a prize and a whooping amount of house points towards their house. Trust me this could be a major turning point in the event of who wins. Just the thought has me jumping out my seat. This also happens during a term, so every new term it renews.

So far that is all I have for you members. I will be sure to try to get the inside scoop for future events and dates to keep you aware of what is going on in our guild. The heads of Houses might even grant me permission to make a calendar of upcoming events. How exciting, Be sure to read announcements in the Entrance Halls, in your common rooms for you house elves that will be the giggling pear.

Tata for now,
Rita Skeeter

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:05 pm

User Image

◘New Recruiting Thread◘

Hello everybody, recently when I tried to post in our Epic Recruiting forum, well Gaia would not let me. It would say the forum has been moved to archives. It was probably due to inactivity in the forum. I am not entirely sure was happened. But soon after I decided to make a new recruiting forum. Hopefully one day it will be as epic as the original.
Any who as of right now, since we are in the beginning of revamping our guild. The heads of houses decided to give credit for house elves posting there (bumps don't count), students as usual get house points for participation. This thread really helped us recruit enthusiastic Harry Potter fans for our guild, and it would be great to get it going! Go HERE to start a conversation with fellow guild members, new people, and talk about shenanigans, and how everyone is doing. What are you waiting for go now! If you missed the link HERE IT IS again !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:06 pm

╫ Sorting Soon ╫

User Image

Dear House Elves,
If you haven't heard. Sorting will be commencing soon! That is right, al house elves who have hit the 25 post mark will be eligible to be sorted. Now if you haven;t hit that post count total yet, don't panic, because I heard Sorting will be open a little longer than usual. Be sure to keep checking the Great Hall, and The Giggling Pear for the date announcement.

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:09 pm

◘ The Guild in a Heartbeat ◘

Dear members ! I had a quite enjoyable time snooping around the hallways, but as I went around I realized some were having some trouble getting to understanding of the guild, well as a reporter I found an outstanding member who had written up this lovely topic called Come on in ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉ლ) in the Discussion Forum which, I decided to borrow with her permission wink

SO if anyone has not had the time to go visit the very informative and amazingly helpful topic, here is the main beef of it:

Basic rules:

• Follow Gaia ToS.
    • Post in your house colors.

(yellow/bolded black for Hufflepuff, Red for Gryffindor, Green for Slytherin, Blue for Ravenclaw, and Indigo/purple/default for house elves.) Different shades of the colors are allowed.
  • If you ever change your username, go on an extended break, or decide to quit, post in the Student Message Board saying so.
  • Everyone is a houself when they first start out. You must make at least 30 posts to be eligible for sorting. When you're eligible, you can take the sorting test to be sorted into your house.
  • Have fun! biggrin

For more info on the rules, BE SURE to check out the Entrance Hall.

The subforums:

• The Care-Taker's Office
        Here, you can find out how many points your house currently has or if you're in danger of being banned. Got any questions, comments, or concerns? Then head over to the SFQ thread and post about them!

• Heard It In The Hallway
        This is our discussion forum. Want to make a thread about a plot theory or discuss which book is your favorite or even eggs? This is the forum to be in! One popular thread would be the Official Chat Off-Topic thread, where members can chat about whatever whenever they like.

• Around Hogwarts
        This is where you go when you want to roleplay. It's where your house's common room is (make sure not to post in the wrong one!). House elves have their own area, the Giggling Pear.

• Halls of Learning
        The classrooms are located here. It's another area where you can roleplay and interact with fellow students! You'll learn lessons, turn in homework, and even have finals. As a student, this will be your main way of earning house points. And if you're good enough, you can even apply to become a teacher!

• Spinner's End
        Tired of taking classes and just wanna sit back and have fun? Then come here for the games and play with your fellow guild members! But make sure to read the rules of the games first before posting! And also, any new games will have to be approved by a crew member.

• The Event Forum
        Every so often, the guild will host an event of some sort (with contests and prizes wink ). You'll want to be in this forum when the events occur - be there or be square. There'll always be an announcement about when an event is being held, so don't worry about checking it constantly. Currently, there is a new event on its way! (Speaking of which, is it just me, or is it damp in here? ninja )

Written by Anime-freak

• PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:15 pm

* Witch Weekly*

Disclaimer: This post is for entertainment purposes only. These photos were found on Google, all credit and rights go to the original owner, if you are offended; sincere apologies.

Image ONE:
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Image TWO:

Image THREE:

User Image

Image FOUR:

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:17 pm

User Image

Hello Dearies,
    It has come to my attention as I was walking the halls that the only company I had were the spiders making the webs. After I cleaned up I did however notice many students and house elves lurking about. Well lurk alone no further, talk to your fellow members, play games, suggest any ideas you may have to the heads of houses, and head master. Participate in the re-awakening of our guild!

http://s3.favim.com/orig/39/fun-funny-harry-potter-love-smile-Favim.com-322746.jpg  
    PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:18 pm

◘ Editor's Inner Thoughts ◘

Hello EVERYONE! I am very excited to see the guild up and running as Adonis says. It's very important that every one actually reads the information given through out the monthly, in most cases it really is a newsletter for our guild, and it contains so much to absorb. SO please be a sponge and read the monthly in it's entirety. The best part is that it will be available for a whole month. How awesome is that!? I am exhausted from doing this monthly on my own, so if there are any writers who are interested in participating let me know that would be so great!.
    In the next post there is a link to the Editor's office, if you want to become a staff member, give criticism good or bad regarding the Hogwarts Monthly feel free to state your opinion in the Editor's Office! Which is in the SFQ Forum. Again I appreciate all of you to take the time to read this far. Thank You for listening in my inner thoughts until next time Amelia Grey

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:18 pm

◘ Thanks to our HM Staff ◘

User Image
    Aunt Slappy

If you would like to join our staff post in the Editors Office

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27