Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:18 pm
patch99329
There's a beautiful purple and silver Morrocan style teapot on the front of the HSBC leaflet that I really want. crying
I'm currently tempted by some "Turkish" styled tea sets.

Calixti
Is tea an important part of anyone else's routine?
ninja

Quote:
Will any tea you've got around suffice,
Depends on my mood.
Quote:

I can practically see Tea twitching as I type that!
~twitchtwitch~

Aino Ailill

How does it ruin the health benefits?
Link If the BBC won't do, let me know. I used to have the link to the English translation of the German article.

Aino Ailill

I wonder if there is a restaurant near me that serves loose-leaf teas. I'd like to know what it is that I am missing out on.
I serve tea at SummerStar. That may well be a way for you to try a number of different teas brewed to perfection. ninja

Ainwyn

What's the appeal of a glass tea pot? Is it just an aesthetics thing?
Angry was looking into Blooming Teas... the glass tea pots work better for those to show off the beauty of the leaves.
Quote:

I really liked how the iron pots looked, but I was wondering if the different materials changed the flavor of the tea.
Traditional ones do, yes. Modern ones tend to be coated on the inside to prevent minerals from seeping into the water.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:23 pm
TeaDidikai
patch99329
There's a beautiful purple and silver Morrocan style teapot on the front of the HSBC leaflet that I really want. crying

There is a local store here, Karavan, owned by a Turkish man who imports all sorts of goodies, Nazar eyes, classical veils, and best of all - real Turkish tea sets. Complete with little silver spoons. He said he'll give me a discount because I speak Turkish and my partner gives him cigarettes whenever we go in, but he almost always sells the last set just before I walk in. It's been almost two years.

I will have it though. I will.  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:26 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
patch99329

There is a local store here, Karavan, owned by a Turkish man who imports all sorts of goodies, Nazar eyes, classical veils, and best of all - real Turkish tea sets. Complete with little silver spoons. He said he'll give me a discount because I speak Turkish and my partner gives him cigarettes whenever we go in, but he almost always sells the last set just before I walk in. It's been almost two years.

What style?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:29 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
patch99329

What style?

I'm not much versed in the different styles, though I looked some up just now - this one sure catches my eye. heart  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:43 pm
Collowrath

I'm not much versed in the different styles, though I looked some up just now - this one sure catches my eye. heart
Those are lovely.

I've been tempted by those and the more kanaka/zarf styles of service.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:49 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Those are lovely.

I've been tempted by those and the more kanaka/zarf styles of service.

Zarf is more for coffee, no? Turkish coffee sets are very elaborate. The method of making coffee is very elaborate as well and is one that I absolutely adore.

Can you show me some sets you like?  

Collowrath

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:50 pm
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill

Link If the BBC won't do, let me know. I used to have the link to the English translation of the German article.

It works fine. ^^ However, it doesn't support that all of the health benefits of tea are ruined by milk. Only one.

Quote:
Aino Ailill

I wonder if there is a restaurant near me that serves loose-leaf teas. I'd like to know what it is that I am missing out on.
I serve tea at SummerStar. That may well be a way for you to try a number of different teas brewed to perfection. ninja

xD Assuming I can get a job to get some cash inflow. I need to turn my applications in. ^^

Quote:
Ainwyn

What's the appeal of a glass tea pot? Is it just an aesthetics thing?
Angry was looking into Blooming Teas... the glass tea pots work better for those to show off the beauty of the leaves.
Quote:

I really liked how the iron pots looked, but I was wondering if the different materials changed the flavor of the tea.
Traditional ones do, yes. Modern ones tend to be coated on the inside to prevent minerals from seeping into the water.

Is the change in flavor generally considered bad? Or is it more of a 'it just is' type of thing?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:03 pm
Aino Ailill
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill

It works fine. ^^ However, it doesn't support that all of the health benefits of tea are ruined by milk. Only one.
I know I'm healthier with milk in my morning tea, but that's a comfort/routine/habit thing.

And depriving me of my routines is a bad, bad idea. wink  

Calixti

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:50 pm
Aino Ailill
And only addresses red teas. ninja

Quote:
xD Assuming I can get a job to get some cash inflow. I need to turn my applications in. ^^
I'll plan on bringing my traditional Gung Fu serving set.

Quote:
Is the change in flavor generally considered bad? Or is it more of a 'it just is' type of thing?
Depends. Really, it's a bit complex. It has to do with the quality of tea, the style of service, the person being served and the person doing the serving, the traditions associated with it, the region and well... a lot of other things.

For me, given all those conditions, about three or five times a year I would consider it a good thing. The rest of the time I would consider it an unwelcome intrusion.

Calixti
I know I'm healthier with milk in my morning tea, but that's a comfort/routine/habit thing.

Could ween you.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:53 pm
TeaDidikai

Ainwyn

That's kind of what I figured smile And everything else I was going to ask was covered!  

Ainwyn

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:12 am
TeaDidikai
Quote:
I'll plan on bringing my traditional Gung Fu serving set.

*woosh*

Quote:
Quote:
Depends. Really, it's a bit complex. It has to do with the quality of tea, the style of service, the person being served and the person doing the serving, the traditions associated with it, the region and well... a lot of other things.

For me, given all those conditions, about three or five times a year I would consider it a good thing. The rest of the time I would consider it an unwelcome intrusion.

Ah, okay.

Does the flavor of tea soak into a cast iron kettle? I know that it can soak into the pots that are used to cook gumbo, jambalaya, shrimp/crawfish creole, etc. when it is cooked often and, as such, cooking it in a pot that has absorbed the flavors adds that extra bit of spice to every new dish.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:17 am
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill
...do people actually add milk to other teas? If so, ew.
Quote:

Calixti

Could ween you.
But I like my milky Irish Breakfast! gonk  

Calixti

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:20 am
Calixti
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill

I know people who add it to Chai tea and to Green tea. The former, at least in 'smoothie' form, is really good.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:21 am
Calixti
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill

I only add milk to my tea if I'm feeling down. Usually though, I simply take it dark and strong, with a cube of sugar. (not in it... the sugar goes in your mouth and you suck the tea past it - I'm not sure where I picked that up.)  

Collowrath

Calixti

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:25 am
Aino Ailill
Calixti
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill

I know people who add it to Chai tea and to Green tea. The former, at least in 'smoothie' form, is really good.
A note: "chai tea" is redundant, as "chai" translates to "tea." There are multiple types of chai though--I think masala chai is the most common, but I've got a lovely rooibos chai that I adore. And drink plain or with a teeny touch of honey. biggrin

Collowrath
I only add milk to my tea if I'm feeling down. Usually though, I simply take it dark and strong, with a cube of sugar. (not in it... the sugar goes in your mouth and you suck the tea past it - I'm not sure where I picked that up.)
That sounds really interesting, but I think that would be too sweet for me. I only use, like, half a teaspoon or so of sugar when I add it to tea.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games