Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:39 pm
In other news, are there any good games to look forward to besides Dawn of War 2? The void of being alone and having no friends needs to be filled somehow, so any good games coming out sooner or later?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:04 pm
Empire Earth 2 isn't new, but it's incredibly good. There's a tactical map that allows you to direct AI allies in intelligent strategies, territories to capture, differing unit looks by region, and beautiful graphics.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:38 pm
StarCraft II, Fallout 3, Call of Duty: World at War (Although I dread the return to WWII), Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, Endwar, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Gears of War 2.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:12 pm

Or, if all else fails, go back to great classics like Battlefield: 1942 or any of its successors. There are still huge communities for it and tons of clans that still throw down regularly.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:09 am
Diabo III, Deus Ex III.

I kinda want to get Battlefield 1942 (or whichever one) just for that 40K mod that they have. It looks pretty good, from what I've seen.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:24 am
Battlefield 1942 is a laggy as hell on-line and an unbalanced crapfest when you are on foot, which is always as those cunts never wait for the vehicle to fill up in the first place. I should know, because I have that BF1942, Road to Rome and BF Vietnam.

Empire Earth is not my cup of tea, I prefer Rise of Nations over that.

Lessee here: Fallout 3 has been preordered by my brother for the PS3, because after seeing the trailer we know that the game might be good. Bethesda is doing it though, they are known for ******** up in a great fashion. StarCrap 2 is not for me, CoD 5 might be skipped because Infinity Ward isn't behind it, Mercs 2 sounds good but I'd rather wait for a demo and that Star Wars game sounds promising, but again, I'll wait for the demo coming this month first before actually committing myself. Diablo 3 might be another click fest and Deus Ex II was less of a great game than the first one, so I'm adopting a wait and see stance on the third game.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:03 pm
Duke Nukem Forever.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:50 pm
There's the new snowboarding game coming out, and Fable 2.  

Syumerrt

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:35 pm
There's a lot of hype of a standard hack-n-slash game called Too Human. People are raving over the demo, so I think I'll download it soon.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:44 pm
im kinda looking foward to getting my hands on Spore.  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:15 pm

Spore looks friggin' amazing. I've had the creature creator for a long time now.

Also, pop over to the 40k forum. I put up links for a downloadable server to play 40k Online.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:07 pm
Lulz, Too Human only got a 7.8 on IGN. I knew it wasn't going to deliver on just the hack-n-slash premise.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Glorious Leader Luna

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:50 pm
My Video Card went Kaput Thus now only games what use ASCII Work
Or anything what needs not render

Still Doom, the Roguelike kick a** 3nodding

Might Get Two Worlds (for the 360) updates have been out for it so it should not be that bad...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:09 pm
Hehe, I just traded in my gamecube, two wireless controllers, 8 GC games, Halo 2, KotOR 2, Gears of War and Chromehounds in at Gamestop for a whopping $100 in-store credit. With that I put money down on a copy of Mercs 2 and I have yet to figure out what to do with the rest.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

The Black Messiah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:21 pm
Fools! Play Super Smash Brother Brawl if you follow Nintendo, any of the Halo series if you follow Microsoft and if you bought a PS3, hang your head in shame. Then go sell it, play a PS2 and a Wii with the money, then go get a copy of Rumble Roses for the PS2 and a copy of Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii, trust me, you'll thank me later  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games