Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Firu Nicorusu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:04 pm
While the reduction in damage form Fire Ball and Meteor are inconvenient it should put an end to the trend of magic users who built them selfs to abuse the times 3 damage it offered. And hopefully it will encorage people to pay some attention to all of their stats, and not just a select few.

Also none of these changes realy cripple any one as mutch as it evens the playing feild. The biggest change was to the abuilites and no one has realy had enuf time to load up on them to be affected.

It feels kinda weird right now, but hopefully it will all work out just like it used to. And if things suck too mutch we can always change back, right?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:57 pm
Of course. The whole point of the exercise was to fix an inequity; if it doesn't make things equal, it will be tweaked until it does.  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:47 pm
It was brought to my intention that Flameburst might be Nerfed. Before I spend a crap load of money and time on this I would like to know in what way.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:38 pm
And also I'm about to spend 700 gold to get Supreme Strike. If I do this I will also be spending and aditional 550 gold and my spirit bracer, to make a Sword of Nine Clouds also factor in I will be getting at least 2 more cp rather soon which I will spend on equip. That being said, 1250 chips poorer and 15 days later I will be able to do 104 normal damage with my first attack which will be carried from one opponent to the next until it is spent up. I will be able to do this every third round if I save all my ap and every other round if I borrow from the party pool. However I will probably only need that much damage for bosses and special situations.

Now, before I spend all this time and money I want to know if you will Nerf Supreme Strike If I do this. Keep in mind that for the majority of people this 3ap action does between 20-30 damage. However due to the nature of how I speced my character, with over 2/3rds of her cp invested in attack and combat, she stands to greatly benefit form this move. I want to know if you will Nerf it because of this.  

Tryani

Wedry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:05 pm
Supreme Strike hasn't been active long enough to be considered for nerfing. Especially as the system mechanics for it are relatively new as well. Although, it is a distinct possibility that a character who was so severely min/maxed to specialize in any one area could potentially ruin it for everyone. Not busting on you Daustau, just trying to give a honest perspective. Ultimately the system is supposed to be balanced as a whole, not because one character just happens to be really, really good with a specific style of attack. So as I've said in the past, let the actual trial and error of gameplay determine it's fate. And as Firu pointed out in Gerbo's House, you also have to account for multiple actions to make the big numbers...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:24 pm
Fury, I've done the math myself and Daustua is saying the 104 damage is for the first attack only! (80 without the help of the SNC.)

If we can n** this in the butt before it becomes a problem though, then the players who are going to be using this will not feel nerfed when it is eventually dumbed down... which it probably will be.

My suggestion was A*CD/2 which would make the attacks now 52 (or 40 without the SNC.) still cost friendly for 3 AP, but thats because its used on a character pretty much speced to get the most out of it.

If we take average numbers for stats (say a base of 5) then 5x5=25/2=12.

Compare that to another 3AP action with average stats, Meteor, 2x5=10 damage.

So that seems fair to me.

What does everyone else think?
Also Daustua, if we nerfed it now, would you be less likely to purchase it?  

-A M P-

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:27 pm
-A M P-
Fury, I've done the math myself and Daustua is saying the 104 damage is for the first attack only! (80 without the help of the SNC.)

If we can n** this in the butt before it becomes a problem though, then the players who are going to be using this will not feel nerfed when it is eventually dumbed down... which it probably will be.

My suggestion was A*CD/2 which would make the attacks now 52 (or 40 without the SNC.) still cost friendly for 3 AP, but thats because its used on a character pretty much speced to get the most out of it.

If we take average numbers for stats (say a base of 5) then 5x5=25/2=12.

Compare that to another 3AP action with average stats, Meteor, 2x5=10 damage.

So that seems fair to me.

What does everyone else think?
Also Daustua, if we nerfed it now, would you be less likely to purchase it?
Heck, it's your spell after all, Mr. Man... I support whatever you want to do with it; n** it now or give Daustau a couple shots at going for the record, it's all good to me... It's not like she isn't going to find the SNC or Supreme Strike COMPLETELY useless, either way... mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:01 pm
And here you go -AMP-

Before:
Character name: Gerbo [33] Tosscobble Posting Leader, Shopkeeper
Attack: 1
Defense: 2
Combat Dice: 1d3 (1)
Magic: 7
Life: 15 (3)
Equip: 5
Abilities: Magic Shield(2), Skilled Caster (4), Fast Caster (6), Speedy Magic (2)
Items:
- [Amulets] - Wizard's Amulet, Amulet of Spell Dispersion, Apprentice Amulet x2,
- [Staves] - Apprentice Staff, Staff of Mist, Priests Staff
- [Potions] - Healing Potion x2, Strength Potion, Potion of Defense, Potion of Endurance
- [Charge Items + Tokens] - Leo's Talisman (c 1/1), Mist Beast Token (Die c 2/3), Goblin Patroller Token, Charge Coin x14
- [Gear] - Armor of Mist, Spellkill Shield, Ring of Foresight
- [Non-Dungeon Items] - Shop Ticket, AP Fighter Mage

Spells: Fireball, Energy Burst, Singe, Stun Bolt, Counter-spell, Lesser Mana Shield, Living Mist, Heal, Frost, Chill, Mana Sheild, Twin Blast
Actions: Smash, Supreme Strike, Power Up, Call Mist
Special Locations: Order of Magic Preservation, The Red Dragon Lounge
Money: 35

AFTER
Character name: Gerbo [33] Tosscobble Posting Leader, Shopkeeper
Attack: 1
Defense: 2
Magic: 7
Life: 15 (3)
Equip: 5
Abilities: Magic Shield(2), Fast Caster x2(8 ), Speedy Magic (2), Magic Critical (2)
Items:
- [Amulets] - Wizard's Amulet, Amulet of Spell Dispersion, Apprentice Amulet x2,
- [Staves] - Apprentice Staff, Staff of Mist, Priests Staff
- [Potions] - Healing Potion x2, Strength Potion, Potion of Defense, Potion of Endurance
- [Charge Items + Tokens] - Leo's Talisman (c 1/1), Mist Beast Token (Die c 2/3), Goblin Patroller Token, Charge Coin x14
- [Gear] - Armor of Mist, Spellkill Shield, Ring of Foresight
- [Non-Dungeon Items] - Shop Ticket, AP Fighter Mage

Spells: Fireball, Energy Burst, Singe, Stun Bolt, Counter-spell, Lesser Mana Shield, Living Mist, Heal, Frost, Chill, Mana Sheild, Twin Blast
Actions: Smash, Supreme Strike, Power Up, Call Mist
Special Locations: Order of Magic Preservation, The Red Dragon Lounge
Money: 35

Master of Gladiators

-A M P-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:03 pm
Thanks! Lets see what Gerbo 1.2 can do then smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:04 pm
With the changes to fury Daustua needs her stats updated as well. They should be posted somewhere earlier in this thread.  

Tryani

-A M P-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:11 pm
Kowsauni
It was brought to my intention that Flameburst might be Nerfed. Before I spend a crap load of money and time on this I would like to know in what way.

If anything, it will be worded like the fire or frost potion.

Flameburst: 3MP
Use it to deal your magic power in damage to 1 opponent for every 3 magic power you have.

thats seems good for me!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:28 pm
I want to know for sure before I try to procure Bellamin's frost postion.  

Tryani

Tryani

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:53 pm
((Daustua's before stats.))

Username: Tryani
Character name: Daustua [28]
Attack: 10
Defense: 0
Combat Dice: 2d8 (6)
Magic: 0
Life: 25 (5)
Equip: 1
Abilities: Fury (6)
Items: Health Potion, Goblin Juice, Spirit Bracer (8/10 chg), Seal Charm, Council Badge
Spells:
Actions: Retaliate, Power Up, Defensive Hold, Stunning Blow x2, Smash, Chi Cannon, Pounce, Taunt
Special Location: The Red Dragon Lounge
Money: 460

((After))

Username: Tryani
Character name: Daustua [28]
Attack: 10
Combat Dice: 5d4 (8 )
Magic: 0
Life: 25 (5)
Equip: 1
Abilities: Fury (4)
Items: Health Potion, Goblin Juice, Spirit Bracer (8/10 chg), Seal Charm, Council Badge
Spells:
Actions: Retaliate, Power Up, Defensive Hold, Stunning Blow x2, Smash, Chi Cannon, Pounce, Taunt
Special Location: The Red Dragon Lounge
Money: 460  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:55 am
Old Stats

Username: Perrian
Character name: Perrian [28] Servant of Shiva
Attack: 0
Magic: 3
Life: 40 [8]
Equip: 4
Abilities: Skilled Caster (4), Heal (3), Angelic Sacrifice (3)
Items: *Blessed* Angel's Mark, Apprentice's Amulet, Sorcerer's Amulet, Shield, Seal Charm, Strength Potion, Combat Potion, Defense Potion, Health potion, Goblin Patroller Token, Charge Coin x14
Spells: Heal, Lesser Mana Shield, Counter-spell
Actions: Stunning Blow
Special Locations: The Order of Preservation of Magic, The Red Dragon Lounge
Money: 465 chips
CP 2

New Stats

Abilities: Fast Caster (4), Heal (3), Angelic Sacrifice (3)
Items: *Blessed* Angel's Mark, Apprentice's Amulet, Sorcerer's Amulet, Shield, Seal Charm, Strength Potion, Combat Potion, Defense Potion, Health potion, Goblin Patroller Token, Charge Coin x14, Shop Ticket
CP 2

Proof that I now have a Shop Ticket:
FARGORE
Perrian
The reason I got skilled caster is because it only cost 4 instead of fast caster's price of 6. Could I change my skilled caster to fast caster or do I have to stick with skilled caster?

And I brought the heal spell when it was in the ticket shop. Do I still have the ticket lost or do I regain that ticket?

Yes you can change and because it was so recent I will refund you a shop ticket.

Before:
Abilities: Skilled Caster (4), Heal (3), Angelic Sacrifice (3)
Items: *Blessed* Angel's Mark, Apprentice's Amulet, Sorcerer's Amulet, Shield, Seal Charm, Strength Potion, Combat Potion, Defense Potion, Health potion, Goblin Patroller Token, Charge Coin x14
CP 2

AFTER
Abilities: Fast Caster (4), Heal (3), Angelic Sacrifice (3)
Items: *Blessed* Angel's Mark, Apprentice's Amulet, Sorcerer's Amulet, Shield, Seal Charm, Strength Potion, Combat Potion, Defense Potion, Health potion, Goblin Patroller Token, Charge Coin x14, Shop Ticket
CP 2

Done!  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200