Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:12 pm
Collowrath
Fiddlers Green
Collowrath
I'm glad I know so many of you on Facebook. I will be bringing myself up in the contact thread to be current and available for anyone who wants me soon, because I don't think I'll be sticking around Gaia for much longer. It really depends on how the moderators continue to handle the issue of this item, and even then, I might just be sick of this constant fight. I know I can't shield myself completely from bigotry, but I don't want to ruin my relax-place by putting myself around it willingly.

crying

I love this guild though. smile

It's going to be hard to find a location that doesn't step on some toes. This is not to say one should tolerate behavior they find offensive. Indeed, if offended, take action to seek redress for it. However, just as there are ignorant or hateful people, most message board will be speckled with them as well. The ratio seems to favour ignorant here (Gaia), which may or may not be better.

I understand, it's just that I've been recently taking very active action to avoid that kind of behavior and talk as much as possible. My facebook is significantly trimmed because I was tired of seeing people post nasty things. If I stopped coming to Gaia, it would be part of the same pattern.

2 moderators have posted in the thread - one to say he didn't really understand but didn't have any experience with the Rroma. Tea responded to him but he hasn't replied back. Another moderator, apparently Romanian Rroma in the US, responded as well, Tea responded to her, then the mod responded again but not to Tea.

I think my decision will rest on their responses and the outcome of this thread (or the petition, if any of us can get the cojones to make one).

3 Moderators have responded to me. One first saying that he never knew it was an offense, encouraging me to make a thread in Site Feedback. 2nd, saying I shouldn't message multiple moderators because it wastes time and that I should post in Site Feedback. 3rd, saying that I should post in Site Feedback in a more productive thread, specifically"which does not go off into name calling and personal attacks. The thread which you have been arguing in gets perilously close to that line multiple times."

Whether that means she's point a finger at me, I don't know.

At this point, I don't view it as Cajones. I view it as time. Do I have the time to devote to it, to do the argument justice, to step back and breath when people literally attempt to break down my argument because I am "pushing thirty"?

I think I will have to take many of the links we've so far come up with, the previous petition, and a little altering. Most of the arguments still stand. With the recent events in France, I don't think it is in Gaia's best interest to use a racial slur that revolves around the negative actions happening across the pond.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:28 pm
The Hel with it!

I'm not a Tyrsman for no reason. This is worth the sacrifice of my time and sure as Hel is up there for being the right action.

I'm setting up the base of the petition. Tea, I'm using your thread as a backdrop, forming it around the structure and using many of the arguments. It is a very thorough and good presentation and feel that it gets the point across. Is this okay?

If any would be willing to help, either in supporting the thread, signing, giving links, arguments, quotes, etc, it would be appreciated.

I'm forming it not only that it would give consent for any troll to use the slur to harass other members, but also in light of France's deportations, continues the stigma associated with the Roma with it's continued use outside of the global understanding.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:11 am
saint dreya
The Hel with it!

I'm not a Tyrsman for no reason. This is worth the sacrifice of my time and sure as Hel is up there for being the right action.

I'm setting up the base of the petition. Tea, I'm using your thread as a backdrop, forming it around the structure and using many of the arguments. It is a very thorough and good presentation and feel that it gets the point across. Is this okay?

If any would be willing to help, either in supporting the thread, signing, giving links, arguments, quotes, etc, it would be appreciated.

I'm forming it not only that it would give consent for any troll to use the slur to harass other members, but also in light of France's deportations, continues the stigma associated with the Roma with it's continued use outside of the global understanding.

Dreya, if I could, I would kiss you right now.

I'm sick as a dog right now, but if I can help, let me know.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:02 am
saint dreya
The Hel with it!

I'll sign once you get it up, and if you need it, I can provide graphics.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:21 am
saint dreya
The Hel with it!

I'll certainly sign. I don't think I'd be much use for anything else though sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:23 am
I could kiss you now too dreya, but I'll mind my manners biggrin

I will definitely contribute in whatever way I can - like I said, I'm about to be packing up my life and moving to another city, and beginning some renovations on a house and some homesteading work.

I will definitely be there to sign and to answer people's questions and debates, and I'll try to provide whatever help you might want or need from me. I'm not sure how much time I have, but I'll make it count.

EDIT: also, dreya, I'm not surprised at all that the moderators practically ignored you over it. The few moderators that even posted in the thread didn't bother to skim it.  

Collowrath

Deandriea

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:07 pm
saint dreya
maenad nuri
Deandriea
graah. Not again, Gaia. Why did you have to use that term?

Because they never learn?

Does anyone have the thread/petition link for not using that term when they came out with zOMG?
I'm thanking you guys for not only knowing immediately what I was talking about but also for jumping on the thread with more sense in your typing fingertips than many other posters possess in their whole bodies.

I love the numbers argument they're giving, too. Ok, if you want to go by registered accounts, I have 30 accounts. I'm offended. So count that for 30 offended people right off the bat. *glare*

Also, I'll be signing and putting a link in my signature to the petition, count on it. I'll even see who else I can rally.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:54 pm
TeaDidikai
Dreya, if I could, I would kiss you right now.

I'm sick as a dog right now, but if I can help, let me know.

Gah! Not you, too! Honey for you and plenty of rest.

Okay. Tomorrow morning, I have my laundry to do on another barracks. I'll flesh out more of the post while doing it.

Collowrath - it's been weird, but there was a response I received today that sounded very hopeful. Didn't tell me of another route, other than Site Feedback, however, sounded considerably more encouraging as well as hopeful.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:41 pm
What the ******** is wrong with everyone this week? I'm minutes from "scorched earth, ********, scorched earth" at this point.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:49 pm
I get some Wiccans feel it's rude to take the words Blessed Be outside of the sacred ritual that gives it meaning. Some Wiccans don't- but if someone is upset, it's polite to stop, or at least stop around them.

I think it's really rude to do the same thing to Christians to show Eclectics taking ritual language out of Wicca is rude.

Responding to "Blessed Be" with "Blood and body of Christ to you" is just a d**k thing to do.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Collowrath

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:52 pm
@dreya, I'm glad one of them was more reasonable. Once the petition is up and it gets signatures, I'm sure their tone as a whole will change.

Celeblin Galadeneryn
What the ******** is wrong with everyone this week? I'm minutes from "scorched earth, ********, scorched earth" at this point.

Me too.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Esiris
I get some Wiccans feel it's rude to take the words Blessed Be outside of the sacred ritual that gives it meaning. Some Wiccans don't- but if someone is upset, it's polite to stop, or at least stop around them.

I think it's really rude to do the same thing to Christians to show Eclectics taking ritual language out of Wicca is rude.

Responding to "Blessed Be" with "Blood and body of Christ to you" is just a d**k thing to do.

I essentially stopped posting in the Witchcraft thread because of the three people who jumped on you. Got tired of their "they look new, lets get 'em!" attitude that they seem to think allows them to act like absolute children - and very badly behaved ones at that.

I posted, it probably won't go over well, but honestly, I got sick of reading it and thought something needed to be said.  

Collowrath

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:21 pm
Collowrath

I posted, it probably won't go over well, but honestly, I got sick of reading it and thought something needed to be said.

I appreciate the thought.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:13 pm
******** of the way I am now coded as an employee, I'm treated differently for pay. I thought losing my shift differencial would mean losing $5 a paycheck. Nope, $25.

Husband still unemployed. Medical bills will start arriving soon for his broken hand.

I HATE THIS.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:45 pm
OH HOLY ******** YOU SELF CENTRED a*****e.

I am NOT pampering someone when I am telling you to stop constantly reminding them of your pregnancy because it violently triggers them due to complications they've had. And yes, it's just you, because everyone else pregnant or child having talks about s**t other than that, while it's all you ******** talk about.

It's bad enough that you're a rape apologist, but we let you stay because one of your best friends was there, and to repay that, you say we're pampering her.

I know you ******** flounced off, but it was so satisfying to highlight that check next to your name and press the ignore button, I did it anyways.

You wanted your scorched earth you got your scorched earth.

Oh, and that person you're abusing just apologised to me for causing you to abuse her.

I can't even say the things I wish would happen to you right now.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games