Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:21 am
Deandriea
graah. Not again, Gaia. Why did you have to use that term?

And now we have a whole bunch of people who never got to see Tea's objections in this thread.

Someone else objected to the use of the word, and a whole bunch of people are saying that because the word isn't used in the United States as a slur *coughvomiteyegouge*, and because it's presenting a positive image *headdeskfacepalmtwitch* it's okay that Gaia use it...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:27 am
saint dreya
Deandriea

And now we have a whole bunch of people who never got to see Tea's objections in this thread.

Someone else objected to the use of the word, and a whole bunch of people are saying that because the word isn't used in the United States as a slur *coughvomiteyegouge*, and because it's presenting a positive image *headdeskfacepalmtwitch* it's okay that Gaia use it...

That's absolute bullshit. My partner drives by a billboard that uses it as a slur knowingly and purposely every ******** day.

And positive stereotypes are okay now? ******** that. Can you link the current argument?

*RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEFACE* scream  

Collowrath

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:40 am
Collowrath
saint dreya
Deandriea

That's absolute bullshit. My partner drives by a billboard that uses it as a slur knowingly and purposely every ******** day.

And positive stereotypes are okay now? ******** that. Can you link the current argument?

Blue hyperlink  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:44 am
saint dreya
Collowrath
saint dreya
Deandriea

Blue hyperlink

Thanks, I didn't click because I thought that was Tea's objection thread. =D  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:53 am
Petition  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:54 am
TeaDidikai

Thanks Tea. heart  

Collowrath

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:00 pm
*glomp* I missed you!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:03 pm
saint dreya
*glomp* I missed you!

I poke my head in now and then.
Reading the responses in that G~ Item thread, can you blame me for not hanging out?

Collowrath
TeaDidikai

Thanks Tea. heart

Welcome.
I really don't have the spoons to start another petition. Anyone willing to take it on and make it a group effort?  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:26 pm
TeaDidikai

Welcome.
I really don't have the spoons to start another petition. Anyone willing to take it on and make it a group effort?

I don't know if I have the spoons to start and maintain it either, since me and Partner are getting ready to buy a house and move to another city, and this next week will be busy for the Equinox.

I could help with the thread though - I just don't have the spoons to start it/be its caretaker.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:49 pm
TeaDidikai
saint dreya
*glomp* I missed you!

I poke my head in now and then.
Reading the responses in that G~ Item thread, can you blame me for not hanging out?

Not at all. I miss your logic though, as well as your insight. I see how it works, I just can't create an argument like you can.

TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

Thanks Tea. heart

Welcome.

I've generated a PM to one moderator of the Site Feedback forum. I'm thinking on copy/pasting and sending it to the others as well. I linked back to your first thread, Tea.

Trying to think what it would take for another petition.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:02 pm
~Waves at Tea~
Glad you're still alive (and {comparatively} well, hopefully). 3nodding

Seeky
But doesn't disliking rap give penalties to Streetwise rolls?

But it could give a bonus to Diplomacy, depending on the company. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:12 pm
I'm glad I know so many of you on Facebook. I will be bringing myself up in the contact thread to be current and available for anyone who wants me soon, because I don't think I'll be sticking around Gaia for much longer. It really depends on how the moderators continue to handle the issue of this item, and even then, I might just be sick of this constant fight. I know I can't shield myself completely from bigotry, but I don't want to ruin my relax-place by putting myself around it willingly.

crying

I love this guild though. smile  

Collowrath

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:54 pm
Collowrath
I'm glad I know so many of you on Facebook. I will be bringing myself up in the contact thread to be current and available for anyone who wants me soon, because I don't think I'll be sticking around Gaia for much longer. It really depends on how the moderators continue to handle the issue of this item, and even then, I might just be sick of this constant fight. I know I can't shield myself completely from bigotry, but I don't want to ruin my relax-place by putting myself around it willingly.

crying

It's going to be hard to find a location that doesn't step on some toes. This is not to say one should tolerate behavior they find offensive. Indeed, if offended, take action to seek redress for it. However, just as there are ignorant or hateful people, most message board will be speckled with them as well. The ratio seems to favour ignorant here (Gaia), which may or may not be better.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:58 pm
Fiddlers Green
Collowrath

crying

It's going to be hard to find a location that doesn't step on some toes. This is not to say one should tolerate behavior they find offensive. Indeed, if offended, take action to seek redress for it. However, just as there are ignorant or hateful people, most message board will be speckled with them as well. The ratio seems to favour ignorant here (Gaia), which may or may not be better.

I understand, it's just that I've been recently taking very active action to avoid that kind of behavior and talk as much as possible. My facebook is significantly trimmed because I was tired of seeing people post nasty things. If I stopped coming to Gaia, it would be part of the same pattern.

2 moderators have posted in the thread - one to say he didn't really understand but didn't have any experience with the Rroma. Tea responded to him but he hasn't replied back. Another moderator, apparently Romanian Rroma in the US, responded as well, Tea responded to her, then the mod responded again but not to Tea.

I think my decision will rest on their responses and the outcome of this thread (or the petition, if any of us can get the cojones to make one).  

Collowrath

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Collowrath
I understand, it's just that I've been recently taking very active action to avoid that kind of behavior and talk as much as possible. My facebook is significantly trimmed because I was tired of seeing people post nasty things. If I stopped coming to Gaia, it would be part of the same pattern.

2 moderators have posted in the thread - one to say he didn't really understand but didn't have any experience with the Rroma. Tea responded to him but he hasn't replied back. Another moderator, apparently Romanian Rroma in the US, responded as well, Tea responded to her, then the mod responded again but not to Tea.

I think my decision will rest on their responses and the outcome of this thread (or the petition, if any of us can get the cojones to make one).

Understandable.
And, although i may have quibble views left or right, I won't ignore injustice when it is brought to my attention.
Methinks my contact info is in the thread for such things, if it is ever desired.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games