Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
GGG Most WANTED ~ CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 ... 5973 5974 5975 5976 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New RN's. How bout it?
I desire to serve the Mistress and her ladies unconditionally
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
I just want a drink
35%
 35%  [ 16 ]
Say What?
24%
 24%  [ 11 ]
Oh gawd. How am I going to walk in those heels?
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 45

Ryzan Vixtul

Intellectual Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:33 pm

Bel'la dos, Amethyst.
*before picking up his latte, he's greeted by Psyzapp*

Vendui', jabbress~ *returns the hug*
Gi ussta~ I suppose I should really come around more often so I do not miss these things sweatdrop

*glances over at Amethyst*
My apologies. If I had known, I would have made it myself. It was mzilst kind of you to have done me the favor despite. Is there any particular reason you had decided to seek employment elsewhere?

*picks up his latte and carefully takes a sip*
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Amy looked up at Psyzapp and then looked at Ryzan. She didn't know if she wanted to share this information with Exor around, but she could talk softly to Ryzan and maybe he wouldn't overhear.

She leaned a little closer to Ryzan so that she could speak softly. "I... I didn't really feel like I belonged here. There were a couple people that I feel did not like me here, and while I know that should not have driven me out, it was more than just that. You know, I'm not rough, I don't like cussing, I'm just... I'm different, and I'm okay with that now. I think I fit better in GGB because I don't feel as if I have to label myself or be a certain way. They accept me for who I am."

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Exor Omega

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:49 pm

"Oh," Exor asked before he savored another taste, "is he a conniseur, too? I had no idea, but I suppose I should not be surprised, either. This whiskey is obviously stately, Mistress. It must be in the running for the best I've ever had, no doubt in my mind... And now I'm wanting shepherd's pie," he finished with a laugh.
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:53 pm

He likes Irish Whiskey. This particular Irish Whiskey is one of Jameson's Rarest Vintage Reserve and has been aged 25 years. I sometimes get him a Midleton Rare Irish Whiskey as well. I try to ensure it's been properly aged.

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Ryzan Vixtul

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:02 pm

Terini'nestg~ I believe I have only been to that tavern once, though I may have peeked in another time or two while looking for dear Quortek when I first arrived in this world. I distinctly remember the wine there being horrid sweatdrop I believe the bartender of the time had little to no knowledge of the drinks he had been serving.

*sips his latte*
I find it difficult to believe that you would not have been accepted mearly for "not being rough", as you say. Aside for my... *giggles a bit*... "spats", as they say, with miss Icy Reign, I have not shown mzilt "roughness", as you say.

Had you ever considered confronting those who you felt did not like you about this subject? Perhaps you may find you have the wrong idea.
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:11 pm

*She yawns and quickly covers her mouth.* Well, Mr Omega, I think I'm starting to fade fast here. I should really be off to bed. *She goes over to him and puts her hand on his shoulder.* Thank you for your insight. I know we will get everything squared away quickly. You take your time and enjoy your drink. I shall catch up with you tomorrow.

Goodnight all. *She goes into her office, though the security measures, down the corridor and into her Chambers where she is greeted by her dogs. She pets them and they follow her into the bedroom. *She sigh heavily as she sits on the edge of the bed. She puts her dagger on her nightstand and goes into her vast closet to undress.

When she returns to the bedroom. The dogs have already gotten comfortable on the floor on her side of the bed. She slips into the covers, fluffs up her pillows, turns on the faux star lit sky and she slowly falls asleep.*

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:12 pm

{{Ryzan makes some very good points!}}

Amy smiled at the first part of what Ryzan said. "Well, I don't know about the wine, but GGB has all of the ingredients that MW has, so I'm pretty certain I can make really good alcoholic drinks there as well. I'm also finding new ways to brew coffee from just a normal coffee maker. I've created a recipe for Mexican coffee where I put brown sugar and some chocolate syrup in the grounds while the coffee is brewing."

She chuckled softly. "I have also heard that many people did not like the previous bartender. In a way, it's easier for me that way since I don't have to try and fill someone's shoes who was exceptional. Less pressure, but also no challenge. So I just provide myself with the challenge."

Her smile dropped slightly, though she tried to keep it on for Ryzan's sake. "From what I know of you, Rzyan, no, you are not rough. But... and I really don't know how to say this and be politically correct... but you're also a man. Some women have been known to get along better with men than other women. That might be part of it."

She shrugged. "I also may have a character flaw that I am not aware of that repels people... Although, if that were the case, I don't think I'd have the friends in GGB as I do, like Kits, or be dating Kai. So I'm not sure about that. Maybe it's because I want to be liked so much and want to form female friendships. Maybe that comes off as needy and pushes people away."

She leaned her elbow on the counter and rested her cheek on her fist. She blushed slightly. "I've thought about confronting the women who I believe have a problem with me, but to be completely honest, I'm... a little... a lot scared to."
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:13 pm

{{Sorry the post turned out so long!}}

Amy waved to Psyzapp and smiled. "Night, Psyzapp. Sleep well."

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Exor Omega

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:15 pm

"I dare say you've ensured the quality of this sample, jabbress...!" He finished his drink with a sigh of contentment, then he got up and gave Psy a brief hug, "A superb whiskey is no small favor, and it is very much appreciated, Psyzapp." He then walked around the bar to rinse out his glass before turning to go for the night. "I'll think about alternatives for dealing with our target, Mistress, but for now, I must bid you all adieu. The sun rises far too early, and I have much to do when it does. Good night, all, and may fate shine upon all of us..." He smiled at Psyzapp in particular, "Thanks again, jabbress, for everything..." He kissed her hand with a smile and headed out the door.

<<< Night all smile Love you, R'zn! Wish I was able to stay up and talk with you more ninja >>>
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:17 pm

Amy raised an eyebrow slightly and watched Exor leave with a confused expression on her face. "What is with that guy, anyway? You know, I try to be nice so that people will like me, but... dang. He takes it to a whole other level. Some might even say 'sucking up'."

She shrugged and then chuckled softly. "Oh well. Maybe that's what it takes to move up in this world. If that's the case, though, I'm going to go down in flames."

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Exor Omega

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:24 pm

<<< And you wonder why nobody likes you here... When you have no idea of the background of what's going on around you and you go ahead and make commentaries and judgements when you in fact have no idea what's going on... Well, that reflects poorly on you, is all. Just thought I'd let you in on that 3nodding >>>
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:53 pm

*waves to Psyzapp and Exor as they leave*
Plynn kyon~ Sssinjin deis~

*turns back to Amethyst*
While I have made similar observations regarding women getting along in the past, I have also noticed this is a tendency mzilst prominent in adolescence. As they grow and mature, pettiness begins to subside. Of course, there are times when a person's mentallity does not match the age of their body, rilu'oh I would mzilst certainly not attribute such a characteristic to the women here.

*swirls his latte a bit*
There are those who would shun me for my sexuality and others who wished to associate with me simply because of it, so just because I am a man does not mean people will like me automatically. Sexuality aside, there are also those who shun men altogether. In my world, others also were ves ves particular with which races you spoke, and mzilst especially interacted intimately with. Hence where mzilt of dear Quortek's problems stemmed sweatdrop

In mzilst situations, it is your personality and actions that determine whether or not others wish to associate with you more than anything else.

*takes another small sip of his latte and sighs*
It is ves ves important to keep in mind when attempting to form friendships that one should have a sense of humility. Rather than believe you deserve their friendship or that you must make them want to be around you, it is best instead to attempt to earn it by means of conversation and trust building. While there is nothing wrong with having a desire for friends and companions, you should never let that desire alter how you behave around others.

I fear this may have been a problem our other bartender, Maune, had faced. He at times felt he deserved more than he had, even once just about commanding it of the ladies here. The more you try to pull someone in by force, the more it will push them away. There are few who enjoy being told who to talk to, how to act, and when to do such things.

*scratches his chin and tilts his head slightly at the comments regarding Exor*
Gi ussta... I hope you would not say the same of me if you were to see me speak with jabbress. It is not entirely too uncommon for me to kiss her hand and compliment her. She is mzilst dear to me. That man *nods at the door through which Exor exited* tends to be a bit of a gentleman, as am I.

Ryzan Vixtul

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:24 am

Amy couldn't help but frown slightly. She didn't think she ever tried to force a friendship. She just tried to be nice.

"I don't try to force a friendship or think I deserve anything. In fact, when I was working here, I tried to be as polite and nice as possible simply because that's how I am. I even remained cordial around Icy, the few times we talked, even though it was obvious that she had a problem with me."

"I knew that I needed to show respect to the MW Ladies. I try to show respect for everyone. I just felt like I was being judged all the time, and it just got tiring. And you know, I haven't encountered that once over at GGB. Sure, I haven't been over there nearly as long as I have been here, but I just feel like I can be myself over there. Ryzan, you can't tell me that you honestly think I walk around like I think I'm entitled to be liked. All I've ever tried to do is talk and be nice. What exactly do you think is the problem? Why do I rub some of the ladies the wrong way? Should I even care anymore? It's like a pet peeve of mine now. Although, it would be nice to know for Kai's sake, too. He said he doesn't care if others don't like me. He said that he likes me and that's enough for him. He also said he'd go to GGB since I'm there now. He'll obviously still come here occasionally, though, which is totally cool. I wouldn't dream of even suggesting what he should do. But I don't want him to feel awkward at all by being around people that might have a problem with me. So seriously, what is the deal? I honestly can't understand it, even though I really should let it go already."

She got up and got a pop from the fridge, a Sunkist orange. It was her favorite. She unscrewed the cap and then sat back down on the stool. She took a few drinks before she continued.

"And Ryzan, the way you compliment Psyzapp and the other ladies is out of respect and affection. It's cute when you do it. With Exor..."

She shivered slightly and set her pop bottle down on the bar. "I don't know how to describe it. Maybe it has to do with my first sighting of him being that night the knife fight broke out, which I thought was a gun fight. He was involved in that, even though it was the girl that was wielding the knife. But really, it's just... it's a feeling I have. His actions may be similar to yours, but the intention is completely different. You know how you just get feelings about people sometimes? I may not know Exor that well, and maybe I'm completely misjudging him, but, yeah... And the funny thing is, I don't try to judge people that often. At least, I don't think I do. But if I don't know someone very well and they just send off this vibe, I can't help but make an assumption about them, you know?"
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:29 am

If you truly wish not to be judgmental, then it would be best to try giving others "the benefit of the doubt", as they say. Even if you still feel within yourself that the person may be untrustworthy, it does not mean you have to voice it to others. Doing so is an insult to their person, even if the ones you speak with do not hold the same opinion. Additionally, you may find yourself altering another person's opinion.

*smiles slightly and lifts his eyebrows while looking into his cup*
Given the class I had chosen in my world, I would know mzilt about altering opinions. You may be surprised at how simple it can be at times.

*sips his latte for a while longer than the other times, wanting to enjoy the flavor a bit this time, then sets the cup down when he's finished*
Returning to the subject of you "rubbing the ladies the wrong way", as you say, I obviously cannot speak for all of them. They have their various reasons I am sure. With how scarce I have been, it is difficult to say what the problem may be sweatdrop *giggles* I had not even known you were no longer employed here.

I can at the ves least say this: Quortek and I have been here for quite some time. And though many of the ladies will not openly admit it, I believe to a degree they hold some amount of respect for the both of us... even Quortek. Since you had briefly come between us... *looks down and shifts a bit uncomfortably at the recollection* ... some things are not so easily forgiven, as mzilt as one may try. Just as your opinion of Exor seems to be forever altered by your first impression of him, your actions after that night could just as well have been scrutinized.

Ryzan Vixtul

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:02 am

Amy nodded slowly to what Ryzan said. She could definitely understand that last part. "Well, then that is just something they'll have to either get over on their own or not get over it at all. I apologized to both you and Tes, and you are the ones it concerned the most. I'm not going to keep apologizing for it when I knew I was in the wrong and made up for it the best way I knew how. Eventually, people just have to move on from their mistakes, learn from them, and live their life. A person would become neurotic if they constantly focused on all the bad things they had done in the past."

She looked over at Ryzan and smiled softly. "You know, you've given me a lot to think about. Whether you intended to pass this thought along or not, I'm beginning to think that I should just let all of this be. I can't control other people's opinions about me, and frankly, if someone has a problem with me, they just need to get over it and move on. They're only going to be hurting themselves now."

She stood up from her bar stool and hugged Ryzan. "Thank you, Ryzan. It was good to get all of that out and hear from a neutral party. You not being up here that often lately actually helped, I think."

She pulled back with a smile on her face. "Seriously, any time you want a drink and I'm here, I'll get it for you. It will be my pleasure. I should be heading home now, though. You have a great night, Ryzan."

With that, Amy walked out of the bar for the night, feeling quite a bit lighter.
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 ... 5973 5974 5975 5976 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games