Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:31 pm
[User Image]

o.o  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:13 pm
Thank you, only a week late razz
and
DAYYUM GURL Y U ALWAYZ BE GETEN HAXZOESRD?
and
I love going into the music library to print off drill because there is this guy always on Gaia and I really want to find out if he is in the guild lol.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Phantom of the Forum II

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:15 pm
>>;
I figured out that it was a really well-thought out scam. >>  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:43 am
teehee  

Tubariffic
Captain

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:06 am
Interesting request of the morning o.O

it would be asome to have a band of guys and guess what more friends freak it would be ******** asome crap please let me in please come on be my friend in my band so asome gothic asome trivilat asome^-^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:44 pm
[User Image]

Lawls, I think I accepted that one. ^^;;; I've seen weirder ones though...  

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Phantom of the Forum II

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:03 pm
Good god.

My marching band season's gone to crap.

I'm section leader, and the section leads itself better than it does when they listen to me.
But our director fails at life, too.
He's kicked out so many people and threatened to kick out two of our saxes for missing yesterday's practice.
It's not either one's fault, either. One was fired from work and then came straight to practice and then was chewed out by Hartmetz for being late.

The other was in the hospital with his mom, visiting her. Apparently she's got cancer and they just found it and she's dying. So he can't miss any more practices or he's out too.

It's...ridiculous. His no tolerance policy for missing practices is getting a little out of hand, if you ask me. :/

But I don't blame him.
We've come in last place in every festival we go to. (Except colorguard, but that's 'cause they're awesome.) It's just...band's starting to not be fun anymore. Never thought I'd say this, but I'm about ready to quit if given the chance, I can't stand a section that doesn't listen to anyone but themselves and then says I don't listen to them which is hwy they don't listen. -.-;

/rant  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:09 pm
Phantom of the Forum II
Good god.

My marching band season's gone to crap.

I'm section leader, and the section leads itself better than it does when they listen to me.
But our director fails at life, too.
He's kicked out so many people and threatened to kick out two of our saxes for missing yesterday's practice.
It's not either one's fault, either. One was fired from work and then came straight to practice and then was chewed out by Hartmetz for being late.

The other was in the hospital with his mom, visiting her. Apparently she's got cancer and they just found it and she's dying. So he can't miss any more practices or he's out too.

It's...ridiculous. His no tolerance policy for missing practices is getting a little out of hand, if you ask me. :/

But I don't blame him.
We've come in last place in every festival we go to. (Except colorguard, but that's 'cause they're awesome.) It's just...band's starting to not be fun anymore. Never thought I'd say this, but I'm about ready to quit if given the chance, I can't stand a section that doesn't listen to anyone but themselves and then says I don't listen to them which is hwy they don't listen. -.-;

/rant

dude thats sooooo dumb, he was with his DYING MOM, god ur director is on crack. ya know maybe if he wasnt so strict you guys would do better, maybe he is kicking out AMAZING people ya know  

Wicked Nitemare

Phantom of the Forum II

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:21 pm
Well, he's just being freaked out at this year sucking so bad while last year was so great.

He did kick one trumpet and a cymbal out, but they're allowed back for home games now.
The trumpet's sister quit of her own will and is never coming back. A sousaphone quit 'cause his knee was messed up, and the alternate that took his place quit for some reason I don't know.

It's not that he's being strict, he's always like this. But before he's only had to threaten to kick people out and they'd shut up. Now he HAS kicked people out and it's just making everyone hate him. We can't win and it's making everyone mad since he's always mad. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:26 pm
*NOW HAS MAIN BACK WOOOOOT*

We had States on Saturday. Despite the weirdness of the day, we got solid 2's. 8D
And then we went to Kings Dominion yesterday.

Epiccccc~  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:52 pm
Well, I found out that my high school band got 6th place (Out of a total of 30 bands) at State on Saturday! I am very proud of them, even though I know that they were probably a little bummed about dropping three places from Regionals. I wish I could've been there to support them, but I had to stay up in my college town and do a philanthropy event instead.

EDIT: Is anyone else having trouble accepting requests and moving topics? confused  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:35 pm
everything is being weird Oo

My highschool band is suck this year D=

Yay College!

We are learning an entire show in two rehearsals plus the thriller dance for a game on friday (which means no gameday rehearsal either Oo)

fun.

We marched Malaguena last week.

Epic.  

Tubariffic
Captain

WickedSong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:30 am
T i f a
Well, I found out that my high school band got 6th place (Out of a total of 30 bands) at State on Saturday! I am very proud of them, even though I know that they were probably a little bummed about dropping three places from Regionals. I wish I could've been there to support them, but I had to stay up in my college town and do a philanthropy event instead.

EDIT: Is anyone else having trouble accepting requests and moving topics? confused

I was just about to post about that. I can't accept join requests. I haven't tried moving any topics yet. Was this just with the new look or something? I wonder if it's gaia-wide?

My high school band did well at state this year - it's the second year they made it (last year we were 17 and 18th) and they got 15, moved up to 11th at quarter finals, and got 14th at semi-finals (so they kinda dropped back down after quarter finals). I'm so proud of them!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:29 pm
ninja  

RinoaHeartilly

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:54 pm
WickedSong
T i f a

I was just about to post about that. I can't accept join requests. I haven't tried moving any topics yet. Was this just with the new look or something? I wonder if it's gaia-wide?

My high school band did well at state this year - it's the second year they made it (last year we were 17 and 18th) and they got 15, moved up to 11th at quarter finals, and got 14th at semi-finals (so they kinda dropped back down after quarter finals). I'm so proud of them!
[User Image]

Whew, at least I'm not the only one having that problem. But still, Gaia should really fix it...  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games