Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:04 pm
[User Image]

Other than the syncing issues, my mouse freezes up during the games. I used to use a desktop, but this is the thing I'm taking to college next month, so I'm getting used to it now.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:00 pm
Ah.
Fun.
Good luck with that.
These games = fail.
There was a scoring issue earlier that, in a 'do not shoot' game, if you shot and hit some of the objects, you got a higher-than-ten score. o.0  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:56 pm
[User Image]

Wow.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:07 pm
Red laptop button+These games= epic fail D=

NEWS:
Tubariffic no longer plays tuba!  

Tubariffic
Captain

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:59 am
So now you're just Riffic then.
XD
Riffic Raffic.
*laughs at own stupidity*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:13 pm
[User Image]

One of my friends switched to tuba this year. Only girl in her section now. xd  

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:07 am

So you remember how I said we got a new director? Well, he sucks. I'm not sure I can name one person who likes him. The problem is that he treats us like we're young and stupid, to put it blatantly. My main problem with him is he tries to control everything. Like section leaders can't make people do push-ups, and we trumpets used to be able to lower our trumpets at attention if the section leader called it (if we were getting tried or what not). Instead we have to "ask" him. The section leaders are supposed to raise their hand at practice and say "I think we need to do push-ups". Push-ups already wasted time as it was and now we have to waste more time? It's just aggravating in general. Another thing is we take FOREVER to memorize something. Even after it's memorized, we go back and RE-memorizes it.

A lot of people are going to quit and our band is going downhill. Last year at this time we knew all of pre-game and at band camp we did an impossibly hard West Side Story show. This year? No pre-game yet and band camp starts on Sunday. For our first show we aren't even marching all three songs. The second one we just stand there and play.

So...how's your season? burning_eyes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:45 pm
[User Image]

Oh wow, I'm sorry. I hope things get better for you guys.

I'm not doing college marching band, so I don't really have a marching season to speak of. I'm still waiting for the band program to get back to me about the concert bands for non-music majors that don't require auditioning.

As for my old band's season, today was their last day of band camp. I went to see them yesterday.

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:50 am
Sorry i havent been active for a while. I finally got my new computer up and running and now i need to get a new router and modem cuz they're really old and outdated.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:36 am
Yay I just printed off a 40 picture pregame.
Poor trees D=
TIME TO MAKE A TOTALLY FABU DRILLBOOK!  

Tubariffic
Captain

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:41 pm

I just got from band camp...and I found out a guy in my band likes me. Seriously, this is the first guy that ever has... eek
I feel so young.
Anyway, he's really shy and I had to find out through his mother. But isn't that ironic that the first guy to like me is also in band? lol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:13 pm
[User Image]

Do you like him too? surprised

T i f a's only boyfriend in high school played clarinet (It was my freshman year, so I was in guard at the time; relationship lasted 5 weeks and the break-up wasn't ugly at all). 3nodding

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:31 pm

I'm not really sure...I've kinda stopped crushing on boys may years ago due to none liking me back. surprised To be honest, I've never even considered dating.

But evidentially this boy talks about me all the time and says he doesn't want to answer the phone unless it's me. *Sigh* I feel so loved.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:28 pm
As long as you don't date outside of the band I am ok razz
Yay my hair is purple gradient to teal in the front!  

Tubariffic
Captain

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:47 am

Do any of you with a Myspace play that Mafia application? I heart that thing, but no one will be in my mob...how sad. cry

Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games