Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:24 pm

dame returns to the apartment. She had been grocery shopping that day. Not much, just enough to make what she wanted to. A little something special to soothe the soul. A family recipe. She remembers making it with her mother when she was just small. And then with her grandmother in later years. She had also made it at least once, with L. It was a Thanksgiving tradition.

dame carefully saws through the tough skin of the pumpkin, cutting the fruit in half. It was a decent sized pumpkin, not too big, not to small. A nice, light orange colour. She hoped the flesh was just perfect. Soft, yet firm.

Earlier in the day, dame had sent off a text.

dame's Text to Karrie
Hey, it's dame. I was wondering if we could get together sometime soon. I need to ask you something. Thanks!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:52 pm

After scooping out the insides and placing them in a bowl of warm water, she had cut the pumpkin up some more to fit in her dish and removes the stem. Making sure the oven was ready for baking, she places the pumpkin in a baking dish and sticks it in the oven. While the pumpkin flesh is baking, dame goes back over to the bowl of warm water and rubs the seeds and goop between her hands, removing all the pulp and strings from the pumpkin seeds. After she drains out what she doesn't want, she spreads the seeds out on some paper towels to dry.

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:47 pm

*on his way home, Karrie remembers the text he got earlier in the day. Reading it, he smiles, glad to hear from Dame, and sends a response*

Karrie's text to Dame
Sure, whenever you want. I'm free tonight and tomorrow.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:01 pm

dame had already taken the pumpkin out of the oven and was softening it to perfection in the microwave. She hears her phone buzz. Looking at the microwave time, she goes over to the phone and picks it up. While she flips it open and clicks to read the message, she opens up the oven and checks the pumpkin seeds. dame smiles as she reads the message and takes her spoon to stir the seeds. Satisfied, she closes the oven door and responds.

dame's Response
Awesome. I'm at the apartment now and I'm free anytime in the evening. So...whenever is convenient for you, hon. ^_^

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:05 pm

*stops at Kits' house and while talking to her, gets another text. With Kits looking over his shoulder, responds to it*

text from Karrie to Dame
I can head over there now if that's ok. Mind if I bring Kits? She's with me.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:12 pm

dame's Response
Of course not! biggrin Kits is welcome in my house anytime! Hai Kits! -waves- I miss and love you!

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:14 pm

text from Karrie to dame
All right. See you in a few then. smile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:16 pm

*laughs when she reads the text from Dame* Let's go. ^_^ *she and Karrie leave, going to Dame's apartment, guessing that's where she is since she said her house, not MW. Mwee and big Smok follow them*

*a short time later, Kits knocks on Dame's door*

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:20 pm

dame's Response
Alright. biggrin

The pumpkin flesh is finally soft enough to be scooped out from the rind. She takes the bowl out of the microwave and brings it over to the counter, getting to work scooping out the soft pumpkin flesh and putting it into another container. After a moment or two, the time goes off for the seeds. She also hears the knock at the door, "Coming! Just a second!"

dame quickly takes the seeds out of the oven, stirring them, and closes the oven door, turning the oven to a different setting to get ready for the pie. dame adds some butter and salt to the seeds and stirs it in, vowing to add a few more spices after the door. She does another go around and then swiftly gets to the door, opening it.

((Edited))
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:24 pm

*sees Kits, Karrie, Smok, and Mwee on Dame's front porch and flies up beside them*

Hi Dame. smile A few animals decided to follow us...

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Hi Dame. ^_^ *steps forward to hug her*

*squeaks and flies up onto Kits' head*
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:33 pm

"Well that's not surprising coming from ya'll's lot!" dame chuckles and hugs Kits tight. "How are ya'll?! I have missed ya somethin' fierce," she says as she motions for them all to come in. "Velcore!!! I would hug you, honey, but I'm cookin'," she smiles down at the dragon, "I promise, as soon as I get done, I'll hug you posthaste. biggrin "

dame walks back towards the kitchen, "Ya'll can come in here, there ain't too much room, but I think we'll manage as long as the animals," she gives each one a pointed stare, "stay in the living room or the hall." dame nods and the heads back to the kitchen to finish spicing the pumpkin seeds.

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:38 pm

I was glad to hear from you. I haven't seen you for a long time. Kits said she saw you the other night at MW, but I haven't been going to the main bar much lately. *follows Dame toward the kitchen*

Cooking? *sniffs* Smells good. *sits on the ground in the kitchen doorway*
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:45 pm

*grins* I can't stop them from following me. Especially with Smok as big as he is.

*sniffs the air and plops down right next to Velcore, peeking into the kitchen*

*stares at the dragons now blocking her way* Seriously? stare Smok, move it. *nudges his tail with her foot*

*gives Kits a pleading look*

No, that's not going to work. Move, I'm not climbing over you.

*sighs and goes back to the living room*

*looks around curiously as Kits walks around Velcore to get into the kitchen*

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Opening the door to the apartment, Daniel stumbles in trying desperately to balance a large stack of books in one hand while working the door knob with the other. Regaining control of the book stack, he nudges the door closed with his hip. Whistling to himself as he walks over to the couch, he sets the books on the coffee table. As Daniel begins flipping through a thesaurus, he suddenly stops whistling. Leaning back, he peers towards the kitchen, eyes wide at teh menagerie that has taken up residence.

"Huh."
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games