Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:43 pm
Arcanist Angus
*snip*

Apathy is so much simpler.
Well- just to get this out of the way so that I can respond as fairly and frankly as possible: Wow. I think that's about the most stupid I've ever felt in my life.

There! Now that's out of the way:

If it were any of my business, I'd probably tell you that there's nothing shameful about doing what brings you joy, and that that's probably the best place to start on the road toward being honest with yourself. I might also say that it's no use looking to others for cues on how to be you- what, are they supposed to know better how you should live?

I might also suggest that you seek out a "safe zone" in which to experiment socially, sexually, etc. As in a setting or a group of friends in which you can give yourself permission to explore a transition to becoming more comfortable in your own skin.

If it were any of my business, or you wanted my opinion. Really done now.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:55 pm
Collowrath

@IRON HARLOT: I understand what you mean. Even here, where our Pride events are so huge, it seems the only real trans presence is as a huge joke. Somehow I can't seem to find it funny. >.>

We know we're not wanted. All over the Western world, the trans segment of GLBT has been "deprioritized" and is considered a "political liability", which is a nice way of saying "******** you trannies, no help for you" and "you're too freaky and weird for us to be associated with you."

Some of the worst, most heinous transphobia I have ever faced has been at the hands of gay cis men and cis lesbians. Our lives are stolen by both, so many trans women and MAAB nonbinaries are referred to as gay men and written into the history books as pioneers of GLB, stripping them of their gender. So many trans men and FAAB nonbinaries are referred to as lesbians and written into the history books in the same way, stripping them of their gender too.

There is no respect for us as a people. Only hate and dismissal. Even among our so called allies. Even from our so called friends.

It cuts deep and I can't blame a lot of trans folk for not wanting to participate anymore. I call the community GL... b.............(t?) for a reason.  

Iron Harlot

Iron Harlot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:57 pm
Ultramarine Violet

Iron Harlot - I am a big believer in taking strides toward equality and a sex-positive culture, but like any social reform, these things take time, and all shock factor does is... Well, shock people. It's not the thought-provoking tactic it used to be, because many Americans have forgotten how to think. I'm glad that you are proud of yourself, your love, and your body. Unfortunately, the current cultural standard does not equip people to handle that, so you must accordingly be prepared for people to make certain assumptions about you because of how you conduct yourself. Social reform isn't going to happen all at once, just because you ask it to- and even if it did, would you consider it a battle fairly and ethically won?

I get that people will make assumptions and react. That doesn't mean I have to like it. Or not fight it. Or not express myself to avoid it.

It isn't about shocking people. It's about being free to live the way I want. If people are shocked? That's their problem, not mine.

Besides, I'm a woman with a p***s. I shock people by existing. Not much I can do about people's feelings.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:05 pm
Iron Harlot
I call the community GL... b.............(t?) for a reason.

I feel a similar cut. I had an amazing relationship with a gal in high school who identified as Lesbian. We fell really hard for each other and were great together. A mutual friend pointed out I was Bi at a party.

I hate being screamed at. I'm still confused when I'm told that I don't exist.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:14 pm
Iron Harlot
I get that people will make assumptions and react. That doesn't mean I have to like it. Or not fight it. Or not express myself to avoid it.

It isn't about shocking people. It's about being free to live the way I want. If people are shocked? That's their problem, not mine.

Besides, I'm a woman with a p***s. I shock people by existing. Not much I can do about people's feelings.
Fair enough, so. Just thought the idea might warrant consideration. You're a braver and stronger woman than I.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm
Ugh, ******** me, as usual.

Well, not really. I'm not gonna torture myself this time.

I forgot forgiveness, and that's biting me in the a**.

One of my patients gave me a small prayer book he made. There's only several pages, but wow.

ALSO this knight of wands had a sparring match with his knight of cups. Pain, crying, forgiveness ensued, but I'm still shook up.

Even knights get lost. Just as I wish to be forgiven, so must I also forgive. Instead of seeking to be understood, first I must understand.

I still hurt tho.  

Gho the Girl

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:30 pm
Ultramarine Violet
Arcanist Angus
*snip*

Apathy is so much simpler.
Well- just to get this out of the way so that I can respond as fairly and frankly as possible: Wow. I think that's about the most stupid I've ever felt in my life.

There! Now that's out of the way:

If it were any of my business, I'd probably tell you that there's nothing shameful about doing what brings you joy, and that that's probably the best place to start on the road toward being honest with yourself. I might also say that it's no use looking to others for cues on how to be you- what, are they supposed to know better how you should live?

I might also suggest that you seek out a "safe zone" in which to experiment socially, sexually, etc. As in a setting or a group of friends in which you can give yourself permission to explore a transition to becoming more comfortable in your own skin.

If it were any of my business, or you wanted my opinion. Really done now.

Sorry, heh, I get so down on myself sometimes XD

But thank you for the advice. I am working on it and I probably need to seek out a therapist that I can be truthful with because I haven't been truthful with other counselors.

Sigh...I'll work through it and persevere as I always have biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:47 pm
Esiris
Iron Harlot
I call the community GL... b.............(t?) for a reason.

I feel a similar cut. I had an amazing relationship with a gal in high school who identified as Lesbian. We fell really hard for each other and were great together. A mutual friend pointed out I was Bi at a party.

I hate being screamed at. I'm still confused when I'm told that I don't exist.

Ugh. Yeah, there's wicked biphobia in the community. Hence the b pushed off like that.

And if you're bi/pan/non-monosexual and trans (like myself) well, welcome to hell. >.<

I get to be told I don't exist in two ways. *sigh* I'm just so bitter.

Ultramarine Violet
Iron Harlot

Fair enough, so. Just thought the idea might warrant consideration. You're a braver and stronger woman than I.

I don't have a choice. I'd be dead now if I wasn't strong.  

Iron Harlot

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:53 pm
Arcanist Angus
Sorry, heh, I get so down on myself sometimes XD

But thank you for the advice. I am working on it and I probably need to seek out a therapist that I can be truthful with because I haven't been truthful with other counselors.

Sigh...I'll work through it and persevere as I always have biggrin
Hey, it's all good. Just remember: 'better' isn't something that happens to people, it's something we strive for. There's not a belief or conviction in the world that gets as much done as good old-fashioned elbow grease.

I hope you find something that works well for you, and That you have the wisdom to recognize it when you see it. I'll think some good thoughts for you.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:06 am
Dear WSC-3(V)6 Lab Instructor,

Mocking my laugh is not professional. Mocking my need for reassurance that the signal is what it is, is just rude, especially when you told us to ask questions if we need help.

SA H.

Dear GSM,

Bite my a**, at least you failing my room in inspection gave me reason to scrub the floor furiously in bra and panties while making monster sounds. Good cleansing, fun stress relief.

207-B

Dear Base Stray Cat,

Thank you for letting me pet you today. I needed that more thank any human can realize. I hope you stay out of the rain tonight.

Ang.  

Seeky

Inquisitive Seeker

14,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Iron Harlot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:31 am
Wow, ******** you, Dad.

So you feel like I'm dead and someone else has replaced me? I'm just a Whedonite Vampire? I told you I'm the same ******** person, just a girl. I told you everything in that ******** letter that you couldn't be bothered reading.

I am tired of your ******** hate. I am tired of your bullshit. I am tired of your abusiveness towards me, my brothers and my mom. I am done with you. This was the final straw. You are nothing more than a sperm donor to ******** off forever.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:28 pm
I hope you know you're an a*****e. If you offend people with your words it's not "their ball game" if they are offended. You have a responsibility to correct yourself. I hesitate to say what I wish would happen to you because of my respect for Heka. Needless to say you have a lot of growing up to do.  

Bastemhet

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:35 pm
Another day spent arguing to no avail with an infuriating ******** wit. For the sake of my health, I'll not be servicing your massive e-p***s in the future, so find the precious emotional distress you survive off of from another, more willing ******** you, and your unwillingness to curtail painstaking formality, and ******** ED, for devolving into nothing more than the fetid cesspool of self-righteousness that it is today.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:13 pm
Iron Harlot
It cuts deep and I can't blame a lot of trans folk for not wanting to participate anymore. I call the community GL... b.............(t?) for a reason.
And of course, the 'q' is off in the corner wondering if anyone wants to talk to it. A local college's GSA didn't want anything to do with a trans friend of mine, either - so she started her own club. And then promptly lost it due to claims from the GSA that such a club already existed...that being the GSA.  

Hawk Atreides

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:58 pm
I really need teachers who are smarter than I am.
In Highschool I got so frustrated because I was stuck in a class I had taken at another school- but wasn't given credit for it when I transferred.

It ended badly.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games