Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:24 pm
"Well, aren't you just Mr. Easy-to-take-care-of?" she says as she traces designs across the fabric on her stomach.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:57 am
Daniel snickered to himself.

"Well, I guess I am at that, though...what do you mean take care of?"

Daniel arched an eybrow playfully towards Dame.

"I'll have you know I can take care of myself plenty well. Not all that hard really, all things considered."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:17 am
"Obviously," she finishes her idle design and then sits back up, bouncing up off the bed, "Well, what shall we do the last few days here?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:59 am
Daniel finally reaches down and grabs his vest from the floor. Sliding it on, he tugs it into place.

"Well I for one intend to keep my head down, mostly. I mean, no sense in letting that grumpy old Director man know I'm here. I mean, I can only imagine if he, or someone who really doesn't like me, ever found out about, well, what I do. And seeing as I've managed to go this long without winding up somewhere I'm not supposed to be, or being injured, I'd rather not tempt fate just yet."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:07 am
"So...basically you are going to be a big stick in the mud? wink " she asks, walking to her bed, a playful smile playing on her lips as she stretches above her head.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:28 am
Daniel rolled his eyes, though his grin had returned. He made a quick grab at the pillow he had been using, and tossed it playfully at Dame.

"Nooo. I'm sure I'll find something to do while doing my pondering. But as your question was as to my plans, I can't really plan for something random, can I. Can I? Hmm."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:21 am
"Ack!" dame exclaims as she gets hit square in the back with the pillow. stressed xp "You might could!" she says in a pouty voice, turning around and sticking out her tongue at Daniel as she chunks the pillow back at him. She plops down on her bed, crossing her arms and mock glaring at him, face pouting.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:11 pm
Daniel smiles back at Dame as he swats the pillow aside.

"Very well, then. Those shall be my plans. I'll come with you, and look for something to just come along. Hopefully it will be in my skill set. Hopefully I have a skill set."

Daniel carefully lifts the food tray and moves it to the dresser to avoid spilling anything. Setting it down, he grabs up the bottle of water before strolling back over to Dame. He doesn't open it right away, instead looking at it thoughtfully, rolling it in his hand.

"Maybe you could help me with a little something though, seeing as you have a propensity for dropping popular culture references. I've been trying to puzzle out that weird message that was apparently meant for me, but haven't had much luck."

Twisting off the bottle's cap, Daniel chugs the bottle quickly, and just as quickly recaps the now empty bottle. Carefully, he arcs the empty bottle over to Dame.

"So, does 'message in a bottle' mean anything to you? Cause it has me stumped."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:03 pm
"Well," she crosses her legs and starts bouncing one, "A message in a bottle is literally just what it says. A message in a bottle. Back in the day, supposedly, people lost at sea or on some deserted island or sommat would write a message on something and stick it in a bottle. They would then cork the bottle and throw it to sea, hoping it will wash up somewhere else and they would be rescued." She ponders a moment, "There might have been other uses, but it would still be the same principle, a message stuck in a bottle for someone else to read."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:56 pm
Daniel rubbed his chin as he considered the new context. It hadn't exactly broken a code, but every little bit helped.

"I see. So the 'message in a bottle' reference literally means to put a message into a bottle, or something akin to one, and then send it off. Well, I guess that kinda makes sense, though in this case it was a hologram in a gem, -device, -thing."

Going over to the bedside table, Daniel picked up a few scraps of torn paper that he had spent the last day or two scribbling on.

"So I had 'messsage in a bottle of similar quantity horse heaven'. And with my new information, maybe the second half is some sort of extended adjective. Or not? Gah, this doesn't make any sense, but I'm more convinced than ever that there is some puzzle here. Maybe it just refers to that, a message within the message. Hmm. So what about 'of similar quantity horse heaven'? Well, at least I'll have something to keep me busy."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:14 pm
"Welp..." she cups her chin and taps a finger on her lips, "All I know about that one is that horses are big. 3nodding And...I know jackshit about "horses heaven". The only thing that comes to mind when I hear horses and heaven in the same sentence is Pegasus." She pauses a beat and then mentally facepalms, realising he probably doesn't know who or what that is stressed , "...the white, flying winged horse from Greek mythology... stressed sweatdrop The Greeks were an ancient civilization, just fyi." dame shakes her head, touching her forehead.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:42 pm
Daniel nods as Dame speculates about the message. At the mention of ancient civilizations, Daniel simply clears his throat.

"Greeks? Ancient? Hmm, oh yes. Chaps with the great stories and fond of sitting round talking all the time. And much more liberal dress code. Well I suppose that's a possibility. I'll file it with the rest."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:55 pm
neutral dame raises an eyebrow at Daniel's statement but keeps her comments and her thoughts to herself.

((So...fast-foward either to the present or to the day of her release? Preferences?))

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:03 pm
damecharlie
((So...fast-foward either to the present or to the day of her release? Preferences?))

((Sounds good to me. I'll follow your lead.))  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:30 pm
((Cool. I'll put up a post tomorrow night. It's beddy-bye time for this girly. ^_^))  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games