Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Annalixa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:02 pm
ShadowSharrow
Right so what your saying is that my 9 year old has Aspergers Disorder...
oh and that he tested as very bright and needs to be kept busy and work arounds found for the behavioural stuff to keep him stable, happy and hence productive in his life... /Deep breathing.... Ok I can do that.

Oh it can run in families, the area of research in this country is new and
YOU WHAT!!!! You think I have it and you want to test me and it could be why I am not normal, well ******** you and the rest of your team I am not your ******** patient.

Not to be be...annoying, I guess, but what's so wrong with them suggesting you may have it? It might help you, and help you understand your son. Or do you just object to being tested?

My own boyfriend was diagnosed with AS by one of the leading professionals in the country (Sweden) about...ten years ago? So it's sort of a pet interest of mine.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:08 pm
I.
Hate.
Kraft.

That is all.

Edit: That's not all. I have an idea for a topic here, but my brain isn't working properly to put the ideas into a coherent thought to build a discussion upon it. gonk  

queertastrophy

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:25 pm
Annalixa
ShadowSharrow
Right so what your saying is that my 9 year old has Aspergers Disorder...
oh and that he tested as very bright and needs to be kept busy and work arounds found for the behavioural stuff to keep him stable, happy and hence productive in his life... /Deep breathing.... Ok I can do that.

Oh it can run in families, the area of research in this country is new and
YOU WHAT!!!! You think I have it and you want to test me and it could be why I am not normal, well ******** you and the rest of your team I am not your ******** patient.

Not to be be...annoying, I guess, but what's so wrong with them suggesting you may have it? It might help you, and help you understand your son. Or do you just object to being tested?

My own boyfriend was diagnosed with AS by one of the leading professionals in the country (Sweden) about...ten years ago? So it's sort of a pet interest of mine.

AS Disorders do run in families. My entire paternal side, with the exception of one aunt, has some degree of ASD.

Hi, I'm Nuri. I don't quite fit on the spectrum, but I'm not off of it either.

Like realizing that you ADD, getting diagnosed helps. It gives you a direction to into helping yourself with difficulties you may or may not have.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:10 am
Nuri
jaden kendam
I am getting tired of people telling me to get over other people raping religions or just ignoring the facts behind them. I may do what Deoridhe has done and take a long freaking break from here. Maybe just spend my time on Neopets again.

I have a better idea. Make topics that would have to take a wrecking ball to get some of those reactions. Frame them as discussions, rather than debates. Not something that is so polarized as Wicca/Not Wicca.

I got to do another one. My modern myth interpretation did alright, but I've been too busy to think of new ones.

Everytime I make a topic that sounds interesting to the regs, it gets railroaded by the Christians are Stupid, Atheists are evil, Satanists are Evil, and Wicca is the Awesomz Love Religion thread. It does get tiresome to try to keep coming up with good ideas that even the MODS say are awesome. I dont know, but this is part of the reason I dislike summer. All the school kids have more time to be ignorant. Not all school kids are ignorant, mind you, but enough are to make it annoying. And yes, I know adults can be just as ignorant, but summer time seems like we have more ignorant people than winter time.  

jaden kendam

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:33 am
There, two topics that are pretty decent, and hopefully wont be bogged down by people crying that the actual members of said religion are persecuting them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:06 am
I have grown immensely tired of people who interrupt fact with bullshit, then claim that they are being persecuted for their opinion when corrected. My ex-wife, for example, loved to do this.

Me & Joral: [Hours of conversation without ex-wife saying a single word prior to this point]

Me: "Hey Joral, saw something weird today. Did you know that the 'true story' behind Texas Chainsaw Massacre was that the (writer/director/producer, I can't remember and don't feel like looking it up) was wondering what would happen if he fired up a chainsaw while waiting in line at the hardware store?"

Joral: "Dude, that's stupid. So they took some serious liberties with the 'Based on a True Story' tag, huh? Man, some people will fall for anything."

Me: "Yeah, like the whole Fargo thing."

Ex: "What are you talking about? Fargo was based on a true story. I've read the police reports! It really happened. Why do you think that it's fake?"

Me: "Because the guys who wrote the story said it's fake. And I doubt you've read real police reports regarding that story, since it didn't happen."

Ex: "Why do you always attack me for my opinions? You can't make me believe what you believe, so stop trying! And stop correcting me in front of people; it's rude! Oh, and if it's not real, then where's the lawsuit for false advertising when people realized it's not real, because if it's not real and it says 'Based on a True Story' then someone would have sued."

Me: [...] (approximately half a second, long enough to draw breath and formulate a response) "Well-"

Ex: "That's right, you can't answer because there wasn't one which means the movie was based on a true story."

Me: (To self) Why the ******** did I marry you again?  

Henry Dorsett Case

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:24 am
OMG you used to be married to tropical Wilds ?!!!!1!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:39 am
ShadowSharrow
There are times I really wonder. TigressaMae, her predecessor, scared the bejeezus out of me - my ex-wife's name started with "Mae", and she identified herself as a tigress. If it weren't for the age and location, I'd have sworn it was my ex.  

Henry Dorsett Case

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:45 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
ShadowSharrow
There are times I really wonder. TigressaMae, her predecessor, scared the bejeezus out of me - my ex-wife's name started with "Mae", and she identified herself as a tigress. If it weren't for the age and location, I'd have sworn it was my ex.

I am pretty sure TW belongs to this guild, but Henry, what have you been told about mentioning TigressaMae round these parts?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:59 pm
jaden kendam
I am pretty sure TW belongs to this guild, but Henry, what have you been told about mentioning TigressaMae round these parts?
I just looked her up - if she was, she isn't anymore.

And TM's not off-limits in the bitchfest thread. Remember, this is where everything bad goes. wink  

Henry Dorsett Case

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:08 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
And TM's not off-limits in the bitchfest thread. Remember, this is where everything bad goes. wink

You got me there, and I do so agree with you that these people who are touting that people who barely practice something even remotely similar to a religion are still part of that religion is getting sickening. I am all for people enjoying the religion they are a part of, however, I am also against religion raping. It is a wonder that I have not been reported and banned for how many times I have used that phrase these past few weeks.

I am just going to start reporting those who make a claim and then never back it up. TW, ESPX, any of them. Heck, I will even report myself if people think that I am being serious when I really am not. Except if they take the Book Of Fabrications as fact again. I will never get how that happened in a part of my brain that can understand it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:12 pm
jaden kendam
I am just going to start reporting those who make a claim and then never back it up.
It's kind of funny. I'm the one who wants to beat sense into them with my own two hands until I feel the satisfying squish of brain accepting facts and knuckles...

And you're the one with the bat. wink  

Henry Dorsett Case

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:20 am
Henry Dorsett Case
jaden kendam
I am just going to start reporting those who make a claim and then never back it up.
It's kind of funny. I'm the one who wants to beat sense into them with my own two hands until I feel the satisfying squish of brain accepting facts and knuckles...

And you're the one with the bat. wink

Oh, is that irony? Sounds like irony to me. stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:10 pm
Tropical Wilds has gone off the deep end. Apparently, Gardner doesn't have the authority to determine the proper method of Wiccan initiation. Anyone who says otherwise is just masturbating on their monitor, I suppose. Oh, and if you can't answer the name of one of the ritually-necessary items of the religion, that doesn't at all invalidate your claim to the name of a religion. You can be Wiccan because you say so because TW says so. Yupyup. Funny that she one moment claims that none of us have standing or authority to debunk another's claim to Wicca, yet herself claims authority to say that self-initiation is valid, that Gardner is too restrictive, etc.

Oh, and of course she one minute claims to have so soundly trumped us horrible Traditionalists that we won't speak with her, yet won't respond to anything directly here on Gaia, even when she's mentioned - but of course she'll post details of the thread on WiccaForums.com. You know, it's hilarious when someone claims that I'm part of a group that's only focused on self-validation, but then retreats to her site where she is surrounded by those who already agree with her.  

Henry Dorsett Case

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:55 am
What is really irritating is her claim of no one providing cites, but even if you do, she never responds to them.

Also, she has said that she has provided sites with actual information, but going back through her post history, i have not found any.

Frankly, she says she is 25 and that we are all teenagers, but s**t, when I was 25, I kind of remember that I still debated better than her. Granted, I primarily dealth with spiritualism, but hey, at least I didnt make s**t up.

Or act like a freaking fan girl of some dude who is an admitted eclectic pagan, and hence consider him to be an expert Wiccan and smarter than everyone else on paganism.

I am done ranting. Is not worth it.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games