Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Lizardmen Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inenor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:17 pm
we got a big legendary battle for the closing of a GW in our area, and i'm bringing like 10,776 points of lizzies to the table biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:43 am
Pics or it didn't happen...

So make sure to bring a camera.  

Shinobi_8745

Yotomoshi

Hygienic Explorer

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:22 am
yep, Pics, or it didnt happen, that army would look sic as  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:59 am
it isn't all painted though ... so its apretty shotty looking army sweatdrop  

Inenor

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:25 am
Painted or not, we crave pictures. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:01 pm
i got most things set on a table so i should have the pictures by the end of the week if i don't get too busy.  

Inenor

Yotomoshi

Hygienic Explorer

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:09 am
Awesome, the army will still look pretty epic though, painted or not  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:28 am
What fun is that? Get pictures at the legendary battle instead! We craves pictures in this guild! D: <3  

Shinobi_8745

Inenor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:52 am
the pics are up in the painting forum  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:05 am
I've recently started re-collecting Lizardmen after about 10 years. They were the first army I collected, and I did a piss-poor job of painting them (Dark Angels Green and NOTHIN' ELSE), so this time I'm determined to paint them better. I'll post some pictures of a unit when I get time to take some decent ones.

I'm trying to work out an appropriate army list, currently I've worked it out to 500 points exactly:

Skink priest with Shield of the Mirrored Pool (95 points)

15 Saurus Warriors with spears, Including champion, standard bearer and musician. (210 points)

15 Saurus Warriors with hand weapons, again including champion, standard bearer and musician. (195 points)

One of the guys at my local GW suggested getting a Slann and a shedload of Temple Guard. I'm quite leaning towards a unit of Skinks with Kroxigors as well.

What do you guys think?  

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Inenor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:07 am
Quote:
I've recently started re-collecting Lizardmen after about 10 years. They were the first army I collected, and I did a piss-poor job of painting them (Dark Angels Green and NOTHIN' ELSE), so this time I'm determined to paint them better. I'll post some pictures of a unit when I get time to take some decent ones.

I'm trying to work out an appropriate army list, currently I've worked it out to 500 points exactly:

Skink priest with Shield of the Mirrored Pool (95 points)^1

15 Saurus Warriors with spears, Including champion, standard bearer and musician. (210 points)

15 Saurus Warriors with hand weapons, again including champion, standard bearer and musician. (195 points)

One of the guys at my local GW suggested getting a Slann and a shedload of Temple Guard. I'm quite leaning towards a unit of Skinks with Kroxigors as well.^2

What do you guys think?

1~ sorry to say that casters can not wear armor, unless they can in their basic profile ( so far warriors of chaos are the only ones), just load him up with rod of storms and a dispel scroll.

2~ the krox unit dose not work as well as you think. the skinks end up being turned into combat rez and breaking even the ld 7 krox. Its best to leave them separate. Use skinks to redirect charges and the kroxigors to flank on a charge.

i'd say dont worry about a slann right now, just build your army up in increments of 500, and soon you'll have enough variety to field anything you want.

hope this was insightful. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:45 am
Rather, characters who doesn't have armour in their basic profile or have access to it can't buy magical armour.

One example is that in the previous orcs and goblins book savage orc big bosses couldn't take any other armour but magical shields because they couldn't wear normal armour, and if you're not able to take a shield you're not able to take a magical shield either etc, you get the point.

Chaos Sorcerors can (but not in my opinnion) take enchanted shields though because the description is that it's just a normal magical armour and not a shield... Been discussed over and over at several forums and apparently it's legal, seen it in tournaments as well.

Edit: I've seen Krox's with skinks doing alot better than the sepparate units would... >_o They scare the ******** out of me!  

Shinobi_8745

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:30 pm
Well, pants. That's put a spanner in that plan. Regardless, I think my next purchase will still be a box of Skinks.

Or Saurus cavalry, I've been toying with the idea of getting some cavalry to harass my opponent with.

Actually, I think my next purchase should be a troop case for my Lizardmen as my Tyranids have taken up all the space in my current one. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:46 am
Inenor
the pics are up in the painting forum

can u give us the URL to the page  

Yotomoshi

Hygienic Explorer

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200

Inenor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:45 am