Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:25 am
Centigrade
Reddemon
Centigrade
Everlasting Chaos
Centigrade
Van Evok
checked the inventory of the army deal, it got about 1000 points of troops and 3 characters, looks like 1500 points to me. Of course you can buy KF and make it instant 2k smile but probably more regular stuff would be ok. Go with more cannons for shooty army, more knights for hand to hand army.

Ok advice taken aboard. I am probally going to get another big block of state troops next as I think one just is not enough. So I am eventually going to end up with 1 unit of 20 Swordsmen and 1 unit of 20 Spearmen. Overall I am going to go with an army that has a bit of everything. I am going to get KF soon as I want to pit him against Archaon who my friend has. So right now I am going to have to re-do my characters as I do not have enough units to make a 2000 point army.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Mommy!

Archaon... Eww... I'd highly recommend against using Karl against him though. He always strikes first, and if he unleashes his sword that's a whole lot of death flying at Karl. If you really wanna screw with Archaon take an Arch Lector with Speculum and Shield of the Gorgon. Archaon has a mighty 2 attacks. Wow.

Yes?

I actually did not mean put KF against Archaon directly just in the same battle.
Always go for your opponets special characters. I only have a Fey enchant, but I'm getting the Green knight to help agiansts stuff like Kroq-Gar, Archaon, Techlis, etc

Damn Brets is the army I fear the most. Very very scary on the charge indeed. I am going to try and get all the Empire SC just for the hell of it. But I have to say I like the looks of Kurt Hekborg the most. Yes I know statisticaly Karl Franz is better but I like the sound of Kurt Helborg leading a charge with a unit of Reiksguard Knights a lot more.
Mommy!

If you're scared of Brets grab some Pikemen. They LOVE fighting the Brets. Bring along a few Wizards of the Lore of Metal and a Helblaster or two and you'll be laughing.

Yes?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:40 am
well, I don't know if it still in the 7th ed. codex, but the item that gave you one-time auto passing break test (was it staff of command?) is tailor made against Brets. Take charge with big block of infantry, and after Bret knights are tied up, charge from the flank with own knights, or even outriders... usually enough to brek even Grail Knights.  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:45 am
Van Evok
well, I don't know if it still in the 7th ed. codex, but the item that gave you one-time auto passing break test (was it staff of command?) is tailor made against Brets. Take charge with big block of infantry, and after Bret knights are tied up, charge from the flank with own knights, or even outriders... usually enough to brek even Grail Knights.
Mommy!

Yep, the Staff of Command's still around. You could also try using the Steam Tank. Now that it doesn't cost Steam Points to turn the thing it's surprisingly mobile. You'll have some issues if your opponent's playing RAF though.

Yes?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:17 pm
RAF is an aberration by itself, not only they have heavy cavalry flying, but with multple units and heroes capable of using flying mounts...(compare them to carrion/fell bats/harpies/furies/warhawks and you'll know what I mean)
Still, application of gunpowder and lead usually helps (cough, Hellblaster anyone?)  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:04 pm
Van Evok
RAF is an aberration by itself, not only they have heavy cavalry flying, but with multple units and heroes capable of using flying mounts...(compare them to carrion/fell bats/harpies/furies/warhawks and you'll know what I mean)
Still, application of gunpowder and lead usually helps (cough, Hellblaster anyone?)
Mommy!

Or if you really wanted to be nasty take the Imperial Airforce. It's a fair bit more expensive but you slap all the Captains you can on Pegasi and give them various close combat magic weapons. It isn't quite as effective as the RAF, but if you can get all the Captains into the same combat you can do quite a bit of smashing.

Yes?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:55 pm
Pfft, I dont know what kind of horrible Bret player you guys go up agiansts, but a Bret player who lets his Grail knights get flanked hasnt done his homework. Can you say challenge every unit that trys to charge it?  

Reddemon

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:56 pm
Hrm, did anybody see a jackass around here lately? I've been asked to look into a post made recently about the following:

"also theres a mod out there... not going to name names but even if its none of my business hes a bit of a jackhole when it comes to his power as a mod... my friend was telling me how he denied someone's thread or soemthing based on the fact that he was talking about putting ogres in his empire army, the complaint of the moderator, "Post that in the ogre thread, it doesn't belong here" well lets see jackass, hes gonna put ogres in his empire army.... so could he not post it in the empire thread as well as the ogre thread... and wouldnt it make more sense if he put it in the empire thread due to empire being the prodominant race in his army?"

Now then, who is this rude person that would DENY something like that?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:32 am
Lt. Brookman
Hrm, did anybody see a jackass around here lately? I've been asked to look into a post made recently about the following:

"also theres a mod out there... not going to name names but even if its none of my business hes a bit of a jackhole when it comes to his power as a mod... my friend was telling me how he denied someone's thread or soemthing based on the fact that he was talking about putting ogres in his empire army, the complaint of the moderator, "Post that in the ogre thread, it doesn't belong here" well lets see jackass, hes gonna put ogres in his empire army.... so could he not post it in the empire thread as well as the ogre thread... and wouldnt it make more sense if he put it in the empire thread due to empire being the prodominant race in his army?"

Now then, who is this rude person that would DENY something like that?
Mommy!

Oh for crying out loud... I told him that you watched the threads to make sure people stayed on topic and gave him an example. It was meant as more of a "Don't be surprised if you make a useless topic and it gets locked" deal. I also told him not to complain about you because it wouldn't have accomplished anything anyway. sweatdrop

Then again no surprise, the guy never listens to me anyway... Though for the record I didn't use any insulting terms. No idea where he got those from...

Yes?

Everlasting Chaos

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:23 am
for best of results vs RAF, combine probably own "Jagdgeschwader" (pegasi-mounted heroes) with "88" (great cannons) and "flakvierling" (hellblaster) (just had to use german terminology from ww2, sorry if lt.Brookman will take offence)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:08 am
Why would I take offense at that? Besides, a better wording for it would just be "Luftwaffe", as all items mentioned were for the most part from the German air force in the first place. wink Besides, I have a classical world education damn it, I know my foreign martial history well enough.

Just stick to English for the most part, as people enough around here are having trouble with that as it is.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Reddemon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:31 am
I tink I ave nooo prooblems with tipings of engish ninja rofl xd  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:11 am
Wee shood bee getteeng thee neew heellbalstur preevuw suun. BORK! BORK! BORK!

Translation for the non-Swedish Chef: We should be getting the new Helblaster / Helstorm kit preview soon, seeing as GW is showcasing Giant Cavesquigs, plastic Black Orc regiments and new non-sucking Trolls.

Also, to which could or kits should I turn for some Pegasi?  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:51 am
Lt. Brookman

Translation for the non-Swedish Chef: We should be getting the new Helblaster / Helstorm kit preview soon, seeing as GW is showcasing Giant Cavesquigs, plastic Black Orc regiments and new non-sucking Trolls.

Mommy!

Bret Pegasus Knights. They're MUCH easier to work with than Balthasar's Pegasus. And you get pretty much all the Pegasi you'd need from that box. 3nodding

Yes?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:08 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Lt. Brookman

Mommy!

Bret Pegasus Knights. They're MUCH easier to work with than Balthasar's Pegasus. And you get pretty much all the Pegasi you'd need from that box. 3nodding

Yes?
You horrible freaks! You leave those ones alone! They are so innocent and pure, not like your empire Pegasus  

Reddemon

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:52 pm
Reddemon
Everlasting Chaos
Lt. Brookman

Mommy!

Yes?
You horrible freaks! You leave those ones alone! They are so innocent and pure, not like your empire Pegasus
Mommy!

We're the Empire. We aren't above buying what we need from others. xd Unlike SOME armies. xd

Yes?

Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces