Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:22 pm
User Image
Amanda Davis
Fourteen: Slytherin Chaser

Dammit! Amanda hadn't been able to steal back the quaffle as it plummeted through the air in a pass. At least Eretria managed to steal it from the first years. A grin plastered her face as she flew towards the goal posts, open for a pass if her teammate chose to make one.

Team: Silver
Armour Class: +16
Modifiers: (stealing quaffle +6) (shooting quaffle +6)
Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Good Arm
Total Roll:
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Score: + than keeper
Steal: + than AC

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:42 pm
User Image

I hate the world today
You're so good to me
I know but I can't change
Tried to tell you
But you look at me like maybe
I'm an angel underneath
Innocent and sweet

± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±
𝔈𝔯𝔢𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔞 𝔚𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯𝔫𝔢
Fourth Year - Slytherin Chaser
± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±

Eretria smirked as she dodged the attempt by Peter. Looking about for her teammates, she grinned as she spotted Amanda. She quickly made a pass to the other blonde, ready to steal the ball back if necessary.

Position: Chaser
AC = 16
Modifiers: +6 to all
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
{Life 1}{Life 2}{Life 3}
2/3 to Goal

----------------------------------
State: Hyped
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

So take me as I am
This may mean
You'll have to be a stronger man
Rest assured that
When I start to make you nervous
And I'm going to extremes
Tomorrow I will change
And today won't mean a thing

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:21 pm
User Image

Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Seventh Year
Quidditch Field/ Slytherin Practice

It was good to see everyone moving and doing their best up in the practice game, they all seemed to be getting into it which was what Ronyo was waiting for. They had started really wanting to play instead of trying to impress or look to build their pride for the sake of a team or getting a spot. They were all talented and it was pleasing to know that as the older students moved off that there was fine younger ones to take the spots and keep the team strong. Ronyo raised his wand and fired of a red spark to gain everyone's attention.

"Great work everyone! The roster will be posted on the boards so please check them. Practice will start up soon enough so be ready to work. You're going to get sweaty and I'm going to push you all to the point just right before you break, and that way when you're up there in a game it will fill like a walk in the park."

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:33 pm
Practice Times
Saturdays - Friday: will count as session of practice.

Yeah that's right I'm making a real time for practice this go around. Post as you feel like posting in each one they are not something you should fill need to do. We will do basic stuff from running, flying drills, and some drills where you get to make a nice amount of dice rolls to really get the mechanics down.

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:53 am
User Image

Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Seventh Year
Quidditch Pitch/ Normal Practice Time

First full practice of the season, they had eagles for the first game but every team this year should be considered on equal grounds. He wanted to win the cup this year, he wanted to leave the team with something good to remember about his term as captain. He waited on the pitch during their houses practice time for his fellow members. Today was going to be interesting for the new recruits and likely for the still somewhat fresh returning two. His normal team knew what was coming though, they were not fond of the first practice after try-outs as it was the endurance practice. To see how far they had let themselves drop over the summer and how much they had to do to get back into full status as a team. This was not a day to give just a small amount of effort or it would affect the rest of the years practices.

Ronyo Stood with green track pants on and a white t-shirt, he was going through his stretches while waiting. He had told everyone to leave their flying gear in the locker room and dress light and simple. He hoped some of the others helped them understand a little bit of what was about to happen to them. Not enough to spoil the fun but enough so they didn't come out in school pants and shirt or any of the girls in a skirt. He didn't think anyone was that silly to do that but sometimes simple idea can be taken in many different ways.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:09 pm
User Image
Peter Klein

First Year-Slytherin-Single-Half Blood

Peter changed out of his school uniform in the locker room. He put on some green shorts that had some white stripes going down. Then he threw on a white T-shirt and placed another green shirt over it. The team's captain hadn't been specific about what to wear, just simple. Peter walked out onto the practice pitch. He saw his Captain and nodded to him. "Hey Captain Ronyo. Do you mind explaining your plans for today? I expected us to get some more flying and bludger avoiding practice. Also can you show me the formations before anyone else comes? I want to be one step ahead of the game."Regardless, Pete decided to stretch. Ronyo had been stretching which meant the team would be doing at least some type of athletic activities. As an understudy or reserve, Pete knew there wasn't a high chance he'd get in the games this year. He focused himself on the long run. One chaser is a 7th year, so that spot would be up for grabs.

OCC: (None)

User ImageUser Image
User Image  

Sky0814

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:40 pm
User Image
Amanda Davis

Amanda knew exactly why Ronyo informed everyone on the team to dress lightly. Every year, she dreaded this practice. After sitting around all summer, the endurance practice would be death. Or at least, close to death. The moment she showed up, she stretched. Only two other people were here before her? Strange, she thought. Most students showed up way earlier than her. "Hey," she said simply, looking up at the captain and first year reserve.

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:27 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich
Sixth Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

Belle sighed as she reached the field; her hair was tied tightly behind her and she donned a simple cotton green shirt featuring the Slytherin crest and a pair of short black polyester shorts. The girliest part of her detested this day to her very core, while, another more sadistic part, loved the burn fired up in her every muscle. "Good morning," Belle greeted them all. Or was it noon already..?

Regardless, she stretched her arms high above her head and far to her side before sitting on the grass to stretch each leg out one by one.

Fashionably: Sporty
Troubles: Patience

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:39 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Third Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

Dominic jogged across the field to reach the quickly forming group in the center of the quidditch pitch; his stark silver shorts glinted in the sun as he swiftly joined them. A light layer of sweat already lined his brow because he spent that early morning jogging around the gardens, just like every morning. Having already warm up, he eagerly moved to stretch with the rest of his team. Hell, he knew the drills, and he knew how much everyone hated them... That said, he didn't want to be the one that couldn't keep up.

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 163lbs ☣ Age: 13
Quidditch Field

╚═══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:54 pm
User Image

Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Seventh Year
Quidditch Pitch/ Normal team practice

Ronyo smiled at the people who had showed up already, one of them being one of the first years which he was glad for. It would be good to see what the kid could do when put to some completely different styles of training and practice. No one was dressed to the point of needing to be sent back to the locker room so Ronyo though he would start slowly to allow a few more people to show up. he turned to Peter the only person who was not in the know as to what was going on.

"Slow down there, all in good time. We work as a team here everyone learns together and works together. Despite being the Slytherin team I am glad that we are among the best fit and also at times best coordinated team. We do that by all working together, no star players, the weakest person is how strong we are. With that we push ourselves to all be better and try and help the rest of our comrades were they need help," Ronyo looked to the others and smiled knowing they knew what was coming.

He took a bit longer to stretch himself out and pulled out a piece of paper with today's workout routine on it. As the rest of the team showed up he moved so everyone could see him and raised a hand so they turned to look at him if they were engaged in other conversations. Now he would see just how good the new players were and how much they could take in terms of endurance and stamina.

"Alright everyone, good to see you all here. The returning members know what's coming so bear in mind they have all done this before. In fact many of them have done this quite a few times before. Today there will be no flying, no passing, no chasing, and no hitting of a bludger. Today is endurance trial day one, with the other to come sporadically throughout the years practices. We will start with some simple running and then cool off with some aerobic conditioning before we get to the hard stuff. Alright let's get going, we will start by simply running around the entire Quidditch pitch ten times to get that heart rate up and really loosen up those limbs. Work at your pace, and don't try and sprint them all out because there is a lot more to come."

Ronyo nodded to the group and took off on the edges of the pitch and moved at a decent pace. He was used to these by now, and on top of his normal wand training and his own work outs in the forests at home he always had a nice bar to set for himself to beat each first practice. Ronyo had made everything seem fairly simple but the Quidditch pitch was no small field considering it was normally covered while on a fast broom in the air. Now they were running around the whole thing ten times, and this was just the start.

User Image

((OOC: using the basic classroom idea of having the second part of the post act like a professors intro in waiting for everyone and continuing once everyone is present. This is so those who can't make it are still considered here just like in classroom setting. Fill free to talk to other while you run but remember to keep it realistic in your characters physical capabilities. If they have not done a lot of running or physical activities this will show on them.))

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:36 pm
User Image
Amanda Davis

Amanda listened to the short, down to the point lecture Ronyo gave Peter, and she smirked. No one wanted to be the weakest player because that really is how strong they are. With only seven players on the immediate team, it took a lot of effort to stay above the weakest. The chaser continued to stretch until the captain called for everybody's attention. Endurance trial day one, the worst one, she thought, scanning the first years. It was probably the toughest for them as they did not even know what was coming. Knowing she would become really hot and sweaty soon, Amanda unwrapped her hoodie that was snugged around her upper body so comfortably. She began to jog around the pitch.. ten times.

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:18 am
User Image
Darius Silver
ᗡɐɹıns Sılʌǝɹ

Second YearSlytherinBeaterHalf-Blood

User Image
₯arius came to the club and and heard Ronyo smiling. He enjoyed a good workout when he had the chance to get it. Once they started Darius started to brake in a run. Darius wanted to push his limits and surpass them. He had also wanted to talk to Ronyo about one of the games. He ran until he was sore and breathing hard. Once his ten laps where done he moved to Ronyo.“Captain... I need a word.”
User Image

Xistund

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:40 am
I'm always screaming my lungs out 'til my head starts spinning
Playing my songs is the way I cope with life
Won't keep my voice down
Know the words I speak are the thoughts I think out loud

JASLYN ADDYSON ROSS

Wearing

|||Slytherin Reserve Seeker|||Pureblood|||Second Year|||

User Image User Image
Jaslyn walked onto the field and listened quietly as Ronyo spoke. For now she kept her jacket on, even though she knew she'd have to run 10 laps around the quidditch field. She loved running, it was one of her favourite past times along with dancing and sitting on rooftops. She started to run quietly, not really feeling like talking to anyone. If they hadn't been at Hogwarts she'd have her music plugged in and totally block out the world. Running was her time to think. As she ran, the simple chain around her neck beat a continuous rhythm against her chest.
User Image
OOC:...

Love interest: Chance?

Let's leave no words unspoken
And save regrets for the broken
Will you even look back when you think of me?
I know to keep my hopes up high
And my head down low

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:38 pm
User Image
Peter Klein

First Year-Slytherin-Single-Half Blood

The team captain believed in teamwork over individual skill. Quite surprising coming from a Slytherin. Peter just went to the main exercise of the day. Although he was athletic, Pete never had to run more than a mile. Ten laps would be an intense workout. He started at a steady pace, slower than the others.

OCC: (None)

User ImageUser Image
User Image  

Sky0814

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:18 pm
              I break tradition.
              Sometimes my tries are outside the lines.
              We've been conditioned
              To not make mistakes, but I can't live that way, no!
User Image
User Image

Running was by no means Jasmine's favorite thing to do. She could do it, and was pretty good at it, but she just did not like it. However, if it made her better, she would do it. Running was good for calming her. There was quite a bit for her to be worried about, and worry had no place on the pitch.

Jasmine checked her sneakers and set off running. The air slapped her in the face and pushed her hair behind her. She felt her feet barely touching the ground. She made sure to run softly, cautiously, and at a good pace. Ten laps could be hell, and Jasmine did not want to fall behind everyone or get injured. A keeper didn't need to move fast over distances. A keeper needed nimble, quick movements over everything else. A keeper needed sharp eyes. Running could be good for that. Especially if you had the unfortunate balance of Jasmine's feet.

User Image

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games