Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:18 pm
Doesn't look like it sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:03 am
There seems to be a lot of classrooms open that are dead threads. For example, charms has not been posted in since June. It confuses me... gonk  

lizzieangel

lizzieangel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:27 pm
OK, I set my lesson early because I can't come on now, for about 5 or 6 days, I hope thats OK... smile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:05 pm
KTweirdchick
So we don't have a House Elf class this term?
sweatdrop

Oh, geez, I forgot all about re-applying! burning_eyes gonk

*Fills out form*

Reese_Roper

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:17 pm
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?

Since July 21, 2005

2. How many posts have you made?

Oh geez... 750 something?

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?

Yes, and yes when my compy worked.

4. Class you are applying for:

Cleaning 101 (House Elf Class)
And if lizzieangel doesn't want to do the cooking class anymore, I'll combine that with it.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):

Professor Coaste
Username: Reese_Roper

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:

Doing classwork helps the house elves prepare for the classes they can do as students. It also help them get the posts required for sorting.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)

Same as always. Little blurb, little work, huzzah!

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)

I'm sure there is someone... katkepin (iceewitch now), mystic_emerald, Alutian.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:

An existance, really. Seeing as I'm the only one...

10. Anything else you would like to add:

Sorry for applying so late! I completely forgot! gonk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:08 pm
Go ahead and make your class Reese biggrin  

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

lizzieangel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:56 am
I don't want to do the cooking class this term... whee  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:43 pm
Note to teachers:

You aren't allowed to post in the common rooms to tell students you've made a new lesson. Please post any announcements like that in the entrance hall. Just post it in either "Say" or "Whisper" style. Don't use Document or ornate. Those need to be used for whole Guild announcements. But the Entrance Hall's purpose is to make announcements. So use it!! stressed

KTweirdchick

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:36 am
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:44 pm
New Note to Teachers:

The Hour Glasses are now open, feel free to go post any points you've been holding up.

KTweirdchick

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:37 pm
Done and done. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:47 pm
hmmm... Just a thought... But I think we should try to make a limit on how many points are given out for homework. Some teachers give out 5, some 20, some even 30. I think maybe we should make a limit. I realize that some people give lessons more frequently than others. So let's discuss it...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I think it should be 10 points per week...so if you give out a lesson weekly, each lesson is worth 10 points, if you give them out every 3 weeks, then 30 points. I think we all sorta try to go by that standard anyway...but I think it might be better to be formal about it.

As for extra credit: I think they should be worth only up to 10 or 15 points...regardless of how many weeks it's been. I mean, the extra credit work is rarely that much harder than the regular work.

I'm not sure about quizes, as I've never used them in a lesson plan...

And I think everyone's finals should be the same as well...but I'm not sure how much...

maybe, if we're all keeping track of who has and hasn't turned in their homework, who could say that they have a chance to earn 5xhowever many lessons they trunded in...but that idea is more shady than my others...I hope to get some in-put...so we can have an even better term next term...or possibly just this term...
3nodding

KTweirdchick

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:43 pm
I think the 10 points per week or 30 for a three week lesson would be good. As for me personally the 3 week scale is more workable for me cause I can plan it around my university work. I guess thats my input sweatdrop hope that helps KT  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:29 pm
I'm doing a general 'five points for doing the work' plus however many additional for getting each question correct. So a five-question bit of homework has a chance of ten points to the house, and a minimum of five.  

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games