50%
 50%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 55

The Leninator!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:14 pm
Frankenska
Guns of Navarone
Slag10
they dont really call it that, but they really should. SDRE was pretty much typical 90's emo with out the bite and some indie rock posturing thrown in for good measure

and i dont mind people not liking the music. it can be fairly abrasive. what ticks me off is that so many people make the judgement with out hearing the real thing.

and yeahh i agree w/ the people being judgemental, and it also pisses me off when people run around slitting their wrists and being so "emo" and they dunno s**t about it. no one knows any of the old bands. no one listens to sunny day real estate fugazi or anything. just omg hawthorn heights. lol

I completely agree with you. But geez don't you know, it's all about Hawthorne Heights these days? Haha, jk. Anyways, I had a friend who apparently cut her wrists and she would go around holding her wrists and go "Oww"just for attention. Now those kinda people piss me the hell off. Emo cutters in general do. Blah.

Yeah I hate attention grabbers, I met someone like that once who was prominently displaying slightly cut wrists (I have bigger cuts that are there by accident, but I do get in a lot of accidents) and talking about how much life sucked and how they were rejected (even though they were hanging out with a huge crowd of people) sos I walked up and punched their cuts to give them something to whine about. The scabs opened up, they called me a nazi, and they got a black eye. Long story short- life doesn't suck until someone opens the scabs. Emos are pussies.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:05 pm
The Leninator!
Frankenska
Guns of Navarone
Slag10
they dont really call it that, but they really should. SDRE was pretty much typical 90's emo with out the bite and some indie rock posturing thrown in for good measure

and i dont mind people not liking the music. it can be fairly abrasive. what ticks me off is that so many people make the judgement with out hearing the real thing.

and yeahh i agree w/ the people being judgemental, and it also pisses me off when people run around slitting their wrists and being so "emo" and they dunno s**t about it. no one knows any of the old bands. no one listens to sunny day real estate fugazi or anything. just omg hawthorn heights. lol

I completely agree with you. But geez don't you know, it's all about Hawthorne Heights these days? Haha, jk. Anyways, I had a friend who apparently cut her wrists and she would go around holding her wrists and go "Oww"just for attention. Now those kinda people piss me the hell off. Emo cutters in general do. Blah.

Yeah I hate attention grabbers, I met someone like that once who was prominently displaying slightly cut wrists (I have bigger cuts that are there by accident, but I do get in a lot of accidents) and talking about how much life sucked and how they were rejected (even though they were hanging out with a huge crowd of people) sos I walked up and punched their cuts to give them something to whine about. The scabs opened up, they called me a nazi, and they got a black eye. Long story short- life doesn't suck until someone opens the scabs. Emos are pussies.

HA. That's awesome.  

Frankenska

Ska Hippie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:24 pm
I know this is a little late, lol, but...
*tries to word what I'm thinking*
Well, to start, emo pisses me off. It always has. It was just starting to become cool when I was graduating high school, so I guess I kind of lucked out there xd What pisses me off most about it is...these bands, they're grown men! Yet, there they are, eyeliner & all, setting a disgusting example for the youth ~ "Oh, you're sad? You're upset about something? Well, pick up your guitar after cutting yourself & putting on your eyeliner & combing some hair in front of one of your eyes, & write a sappy song about how your girlfriend left you & you want to kill yourself. Don't get off your a** & do something with your pathetic little self, just whine about it!"
Some ska songs are about being sad & whatnot, but instead of doing all that emo bullshit, they add some upbeat music to it, or some lyrics like "I don't ******** care anymore!" To me, screaming that at a show is far more consoling than that whiny emo crap. Using Reel Big Fish, "Everything Sucks" is one prime example.
I had a pretty rough childhood; I had something fairly traumatic happen to me halfway through my teens. Did I go all emo? No. One thing that helped me was punk & ska ~ When life knocks you down, you get up & hit it back! wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:01 pm
Ska Hippie
Well, to start, emo pisses me off. It always has. It was just starting to become cool when I was graduating high school, so I guess I kind of lucked out there xd What pisses me off most about it is...these bands, they're grown men! Yet, there they are, eyeliner & all, setting a disgusting example for the youth ~ "Oh, you're sad? You're upset about something? Well, pick up your guitar after cutting yourself & putting on your eyeliner & combing some hair in front of one of your eyes, & write a sappy song about how your girlfriend left you & you want to kill yourself. Don't get off your a** & do something with your pathetic little self, just whine about it!"
Some ska songs are about being sad & whatnot, but instead of doing all that emo bullshit, they add some upbeat music to it, or some lyrics like "I don't ******** care anymore!" To me, screaming that at a show is far more consoling than that whiny emo crap. Using Reel Big Fish, "Everything Sucks" is one prime example.
I had a pretty rough childhood; I had something fairly traumatic happen to me halfway through my teens. Did I go all emo? No. One thing that helped me was punk & ska ~ When life knocks you down, you get up & hit it back! wink

I couldnt have said it better myself. 3nodding  

xApplexCorex

Ska Hippie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:09 pm
xApplexCorex
Ska Hippie

I couldnt have said it better myself. 3nodding

mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:33 am
lol hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaahha
skaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaska
skaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaskaska
psycho ska ahhh yeah thats all i got to say  

bake_out

Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas