Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lainauriel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:58 am
Hello,
i started loosing weight in December, i had 73kg and now i have 59,5kg. I lost a lot and i want to loose 4kg more. I am 169cm tall. I came here for the support and inspiration smile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:17 am
Welcome Lainauriel! Congrats on what you've lost!

Support for questions and problems is what you'll find, there are lots of people who have lost a lot of weight here so combined we've got lots of experience, and I'm sure you've got lots to add to our combined knowledge! : )  

Tandahda
Crew

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:42 pm
Hello everyone, I'm Crystal. I am 22 and have finally decided that I want to try to lose some weight. I have decided that I would join a guild or two on gaia, alter my sleeping, eating, and exercise routine, and tell no one irl except my bf so I will not have the pressure of people acting like I am lying or not really going to try. I have been overweight my entire life and I just want to see if I like it any better on the other side of the spectrum for a change.

Nice to meet you all <3  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:09 am
Wow, FranticLover, it seems like you're worried that no one is going to support you. I was in that camp a bit too and only really admitted it after I started getting the 'have you lost weight?' comments. I found that there were a bunch of people in my life who were really supportive.

Good luck and I'm glad you've got us in the beginning at least. : )  

Tandahda
Crew

Psychotic Maniacal Sanity

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:10 am
Hi there, guys! I'm Kitty, or PMS. You can call me either. :] I'm 18 (19 on the 20th of May), 4'11" and drastically overweight. I weight 69.8kg, so I could stand to lose something like 40 or 50 pounds. I found out last year that I have poly-cystic ovary syndrome, which is apparently what has hindered my weight loss since puberty. I've been trying to lose weight for nine years, been told by countless dieticians that I'm "lying" about my diet - but recently I went to be doctor again.

I was prescribed with Metformin for my PCOS, which might help my body manage better. Hopefully this will mean I can lose the weight I need to lose! I'm dead set and determined to get down to a healthy size. <3

Nice to meet everybody!  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:28 am
PCOS does make weight loss hard, but not unattainable. Your goal is stiff but also not unattainable. My sister in law is your height and has maintained 110 lbs for her whole life and looks great. I always thought I'd get down to my first goal and want to stop but being around 8 lbs away from that I'm a little disturbed because I want to go even further. : P

I hate it when people try and tell you that you're not being truthful because they don't want to look into other reasons why you're having trouble. It happens *way* too often to anyone who is even slightly overweight.

Good luck, welcome!  

Tandahda
Crew

Psychotic Maniacal Sanity

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:34 am
Thanks! Yeah, it is difficult. I used to be even heavier than I am now, at 73kg. But it's taken me two years to lose that 3kg, even with a 'perfect' diet, according to my doctor. Fingers crossed for Metformin! Since I've been on it, which is only five days, I've already lost half a pound. It's not much, but it is exciting!  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:49 pm
Hello all. I'm Munkers (obviously) or Laney. My weight loss journey started, more or less, in early 2008 after going to an endocrinologist and being diagnosed as insulin resistant. After starting on metformin and doing South Beach I lost 20lbs and was able to keep it off for over a year. Then I started planning my wedding and tried to lose some more. I got down about another 15lbs, but only actually kept off 10 of it and yo-yoed on the remaining five.

I've been back on the wagon now for a little while and am down 40 pounds total. Part of me can't quite believe it's true. I'm officially at a healthy weight, but don't quite have the figure I wish I did and am planning to try for another 15-20lbs lost.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:01 pm
Congratulations on your 40 lb loss! That's awesome! Good luck with the rest of your journey,  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:04 pm
Thank you!  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:28 am
Hello one and all, my name is p.l.a.y.d.o.h, I prefer Play or Kaydoh. My family has a history of diabetes, thyroid conditions, Lupus, and Cancer. I'm fairly sickly, and I don't get out much. I'm 19 years old, 5'8", and I weigh about 150 lbs. I have trouble in both gaining and losing weight. Last December I had a personal trifle and had lost my appetite for food which made me drop weight rapidly. I went from 150 to 130, and not I'm back up to 145. I want to go back down to 130, but at a much more healthier way. I wouldn't mind getting fairly toned while I'm at it. I'm just wanting to lose weight, and try to keep it off. since I'm terrible at it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 am
Hey Kaydoh, I'm glad you came!

I know the pain of family conditions. I'm currently dreading the tests they're going to give me to confirm what's up with my thyroid (its a crazy beast that is sleeping right now.)

I'm certain you'll be successful, and we're here to watch, congratulate and help (if help is wanted). <3  

Tandahda
Crew

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:56 am
Thanks a bunch! Though I probably wont be starting a Journal until next week. Or whenever I can get a scale... I don't even own one. >.<;  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:17 am
You need not have a scale to start a journal, scales are how most people measure weight loss but an even better one (but one that shows progress much slower) is to use measurements. Not having measurement tape isn't a problem either, use a piece of string and measure that on a ruler.

You can do your journal any way you want, you can track food intake or just exercise, (personally I'm tracking a bit of exercise and days I don't snack myself into oblivion. : P)  

Tandahda
Crew

pernicious toxic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:57 pm
User Image

Hello. My name is Terra Leighann. I'm 18, Five foot eight and weigh 247 pounds.
I started trying to lose a total of 60 pounds yesterday.

This seemed like a supportive guild, and I'm trying to find all kinds of support on all kinds of various websites.

So. Here I am :]

Hello.

I also tend to be VERY active in weight loss support. :]

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games