Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:22 pm
How many people do you usually brew for at a time?
What is your favorite color?
Do you like ratios that orient tall or squat?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:24 pm
TeaDidikai

Although I'm not the person you asked this of, can you please explain it? I've been watching this thread, but this is the only bit so far I don't really understand.  

Czidnoma

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:26 pm
TeaDidikai
How many people do you usually brew for at a time?
What is your favorite color?

Oh, hey. This was for me. *a little slow apparently*

Usually I just brew for myself, but I make enough for several cups, as I tend to drink a lot.

Favorite color for tea, or favorite color in general?

And I have no idea what that last one means.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:38 pm
Czidnoma
TeaDidikai

Although I'm not the person you asked this of, can you please explain it? I've been watching this thread, but this is the only bit so far I don't really understand.

Picture a golden ratio rectangle and a triangle that has two sides that are the same length. Does the longer side of the rectangle run along the X axis or the Y?

Is the vertex opposite of the other side acute or obtuse?

AngryRobotsInc.

Usually I just brew for myself, but I make enough for several cups, as I tend to drink a lot.
Okay. Tea for one style.
Quote:

Favorite color for tea, or favorite color in general?
In general.

Quote:
And I have no idea what that last one means.
See above.  

TeaDidikai

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:42 pm
Blue. And I tend to like ratios wider than tall, so along the X axis. And acute.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:44 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Blue. And I tend to like ratios wider than tall, so along the X axis. And acute.
Spiff. Helps a lot. Let me see what I can find.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:58 pm
Blue Accents, love the top.

I love the position of the strainer in this one. Again, pretty blue accents.

Second row, second column. I'm personally partial for handles that are positioned over the lid myself. I also like the texture of the glass, but that's a personal qwerk.

Similar to the one above, with but with wood. Good for decorating if you apply tea to your spiritual path. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:04 pm
TeaDidikai

Second row, second column. I'm personally partial for handles that are positioned over the lid myself. I also like the texture of the glass, but that's a personal qwerk.

Similar to the one above, with but with wood. Good for decorating if you apply tea to your spiritual path. ninja

Thanks. All of those are really nice looking. I'll bookmark and keep those in mind when it comes time to tell people what I want for gifts.  

IH_Zero

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:37 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Thanks. All of those are really nice looking. I'll bookmark and keep those in mind when it comes time to tell people what I want for gifts.
The quality of glass is pretty high for those as well. Proper temper is so important!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:35 pm
There's a beautiful purple and silver Morrocan style teapot on the front of the HSBC leaflet that I really want. crying

Anyway! Went tea shopping today!
I bought some more Bancha, some Ceylon silver tip, some sencha green tea flavoured with cherry, and some 'gunpowder'.

I bought the gunpowder because it looked and sounded so cool. I have yet to try it!  

patch99329

Calixti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:43 pm
Is tea an important part of anyone else's routine?

I ask because I'm an extreme creature of habit, and deviations from my established routine leave me seriously off-balance, upset, and confused all day, and my two biggest routines are my morning and before-bed ones--and both include a cup of tea. If I don't get that first cup in the morning, well, I'm irritable, twitchy, and upset all day, and I can't ever get to sleep at night without the final cup before bed. Even when I took Ambien, I couldn't fall asleep until after that last cup of tea! xD

Do you have a preference for routine-tea? Will any tea you've got around suffice, or does it have to be a particular type? My morning tea absolutely has to be what my Nana used to make, and what my dad used to make after we came back to the States--English or Irish breakfast, a spoon of sugar, and just enough milk to lighten it (I can practically see Tea twitching as I type that!), and my evening tea has to be Earl Grey, usually plain, sometimes with a bit of lemon and/or honey. The rest of the day, I'll vary what I drink, but my morning and evening tea absolutely must be the same every time.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:49 pm
TeaDidikai

Naw, all joking aside, milk ruins the health benefits of tea. That said, it can still be tasty in the same way that somedays you want red meat, others you want a light salad.

How does it ruin the health benefits?  

Aino Ailill

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:12 pm
I think I've only had loose-leaf tea twice, one Green and one Jasmine, and both were not to my liking. I don't quite remember why I disliked the green tea (though I suspect I don't like green tea in general as I don't like green tea ice creams, candies, flavored drinks, etc.) but the jasmine tasted too earthy and too watery.

My favorite tea is Earl Grey (only have had it by tea bag though I own it as tea pods) with honey. I'm quite fond of the Southern, Sweet, Iced Tea. My brief stint to New York left me with a love for MacDonald's, the only place around with sweet tea (though watered down or too syrupy. >.>)

I wonder if there is a restaurant near me that serves loose-leaf teas. I'd like to know what it is that I am missing out on.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:55 pm
TeaDidikai

What's the appeal of a glass tea pot? Is it just an aesthetics thing? I really liked how the iron pots looked, but I was wondering if the different materials changed the flavor of the tea.

Also the pot that Patch mentioned sounds gorgeous! Any pictures? *goes to look up Moroccan teapots*  

Ainwyn

patch99329

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:45 am
Ainwyn

Also the pot that Patch mentioned sounds gorgeous! Any pictures? *goes to look up Moroccan teapots*

Hehe, I may dig out that leafet later and take a photo. xD  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games