Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Comedy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:22 am
Rev.Matt
Creatio ex Nihilo

For the first time ever, I saw the Monty Python film in RS and I think that's quite a laugh.. Or am I just an idiot?

No it was the one with Gaz..I think it was called The Full Monty or something..The one where a group of chaps set out to strip for money. It was a laugh because they were inexperienced but I didn't understand have the humour..To be honest.

I'm pretty damned sure The Full Monty is nothing to do with Monty Python. I could be wrong and have accidentally slipped into a parallel dimension where very, very strange things happen on a regular basis, but I'm nearly completely sure (bar dimension slippage) it doesn't.

I think it's just a slight misunderstanding based on the word "Monty" in the titles...but oh GOD I now have the most disturbing mental image of the Pythons trying to be male strippers burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:13 am
I propose a moratorium on mindless parroting of jokes by other people funnier than you are yourself.

If I ever hear the words "forty two" or quotes from the following: Monty Python, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers and others taken entirely out of context by would-be social butterflies I am going to something very scathing, ironic and original about just how frankly unhilarious that is.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:43 pm
It's a dead parrot!

Oh, and don't mention the war!

P.S. the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything is forty two.

P.P.S. I'm a pretty funny guy.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:19 pm
Just saw Sean Lock live the other night, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard for so long.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:47 pm
Where was this, Julian? I'd no idea he was touring..  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:51 am
The Playhouse theatre in Oxford. It was the third night of his tour, so you'll definitely be able to see him somewhere else if you want to.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:05 am
Foetus In Fetu
If I ever hear the words "forty two" taken entirely out of context by would-be social butterflies I am going to something very scathing, ironic and original about just how frankly unhilarious that is.
Oh good God, agreed  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:57 pm
Forty Two.  

Mr. Bono Vox

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:43 pm
Forty Three.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:36 pm
Mr. Bono Vox
Forty Two.

Check me out... I'm so ~*~*edgy~*. I made a rinse-repeat-recycle joke after someone has said it's not funny.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:40 pm
Foetus In Fetu
Mr. Bono Vox
Forty Two.

Check me out... I'm so ~*~*edgy~*. I made a rinse-repeat-recycle joke after someone has said it's not funny.
xd Lets not forget the fact that BJ did exactly the same thing as well, making it worse  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:58 pm
There's something about the way Blow Job did it that made it less obnoxious... maybe the fact that he quoted the whole joke and not just the punchline.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:02 am
Forty Two.
Suck on that.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:26 am
I used to know a guy who always went on and on about how 42 was the meaning of life. I was like 'If you're gonna quote something to try and cover up the fact that you have no sense of humour yourself, at least get it right' rolleyes (Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against people quoting things as a rule, I do it myself even, but this guy was just a knob so it was extra annoying lol)

Anyway, the reason I came into this thread in the first place was to ask if anyone's going to see Bill Bailey on his winter tour question I'm going in Manchester whee

xXx White Lily xXx

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces