Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:13 pm
Stupid reviews are here!

Bioshock is kinda awesome in a scary sort of way. And its not even using cheap scares! I really liked the part where Mac was searching a cabinet and we heard someone go *woosh* behind him. Mac sighed and whirled around, only to see a creep with a welding mask and a wrench looking back at him, creepily saying "hullo.." He got a caved in skull for that cheap scare. The story was okay and the big reveal halfway through was nice, we digged the part where he lost all control of his character and was forced to watch as he beat someone to death with a golfclub. Would you kindly indeed! whee

pirate pirate pirate out of five happy pirates for making the game shocking at some points.

Dead Rising is slow and it took quite some time before we got into the actual game and could pick up every day items and use them to kill zombies. Anything is a weapon and when Mac donned a giant Lego man head as a mask and proceeded to beat three dozen zombies into a pulp with a till, baseball bat, hot frying pan and guitar it got laughs out of us. Too bad that the story is so boring, all we want is to beat zombies with blunt objects!

stare stare out of five annoyed staring persons who want to hurt the game developers for such stupidly long movies.

Call of Duty 4 at first didn't do much for me. But yay for being a cool british SAS guy who lives through the entire game. And the big nuclear explosion and the aftermath were kinda scary for some reason, especially when you control a dying character not once, but twice in the same game. This game felt like an action movie but with fun characters who dont take s**t from anyone and will shoot you when you are no longer useful.

ninja ninja ninja out of five sneaky SAS killas that may or may not stab you in the back while you crawl away wounded and begging for mercy.

Scene It? was fun, but some of the segments were really fiendish and outright hard to guess right. You'd need to be a real movie buff to know this and our resident movie buff was barred from playing because otherwise it wouldn't be fair. It had some fun things like guessing quotes or seeing small clips of a film and then guessing what movie it is from.

sweatdrop sweatdrop out of five stumped emotes that don't know the answer to really obscure movie questions.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 was played in coop and they had a blast playing it, going all tactical on each other as they fought evil mercenaries in las vegas, france and south armerica. It had some fun moments where non intervention would result in awful scenarios where people would be shot in gruesome ways. It was bloody but not really that fun to watch.

question question out of five question marks for some cool segments but a plot that went far beyond us.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:35 pm
Your rating system is amazing. 3nodding  

Xenos Mortium

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:41 pm

For the sake of being a Capcom/Megaman nerd, that's not a Lego head. The head that you can put on in Dead Rising is the head of a Serve-bot.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:34 pm
Now imagine a burly photographer wearing a said fully-enclosed helmet of a servobot head and imagine it splattered with blood. Imagine that face just smiling as more blood spatters on it as you beat the ever not-living s**t out of zombies.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:26 pm
Lt. Brookman
Now imagine a burly photographer wearing a said fully-enclosed helmet of a servobot head and imagine it splattered with blood. Imagine that face just smiling as more blood spatters on it as you beat the ever not-living s**t out of zombies.

I remember playing the demo and decapitating zombies with a hockey stick. That entertained me for all of 10 minutes until I accidentally ran into a cutscene that acted as a Demo end.

Caleidah
I'd possibly get it if I had the console, as I enjoyed the first one to a huge degree.

Well it comes out on everything basically. If you have a PC or PS2 you could get it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:41 pm
Lt. Brookman

I have indeed seen it and it makes me giggle.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

General Awesome

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:57 am
I never got to the end of Dead Rising... Missed out on some gamerpoints there, I guess.
And, I apologise for not reading the last 25 pages, so I dunno if it's come up, but.. if it has, can someone sum up the guild's general feeling on Oblivion?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:02 am
I just bought it two months ago for $15. I think it's great, there's a lot to do, the world is huge, lots of weapons and variations. The guilds are a great part of the game, I became master of all of them. You don't even have to do the main story if you want. The game can easily suck 100 hours out of your life.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

General Awesome

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:23 am
It's taken about 300 from mine. sweatdrop Haven't played it for a while, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:07 pm
MGS4 truly is the hallmark of how to over hype a game, make it extremely boring and over the top.

And Konami hands out oral sex to all the reviewers in the world because this game blows.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

General Awesome

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:36 am
And here I thought over-hyping couldn't get much worse than Halo 3.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:13 am
Halo 3 is just a piece of s**t that people seem to blindly like.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:57 am
Mac, you point to one popular FPS that doesn't anything away from Halo 3. Halo damn pioneered FPS on the consol, and it was amazing. And although Halo 3 just isn't as great is we thought because it's mostly the same old stuff from the last two games, the map editor and the recording system are great additions.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:23 am
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]
Mac, you point to one popular FPS that doesn't anything away from Halo 3. Halo damn pioneered FPS on the consol, and it was amazing. And although Halo 3 just isn't as great is we thought because it's mostly the same old stuff from the last two games, the map editor and the recording system are great additions.

You seem to be forgetting games such as 007: Goldeneye and the original Perfect Dark. If Halo "pioneered" console FPS gaming, what the hell did these games do?

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:32 am
Caleidah
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

You seem to be forgetting games such as 007: Goldeneye and the original Perfect Dark. If Halo "pioneered" console FPS gaming, what the hell did these games do?
Drat, you beat me to it.

All Halo did was sell XBox consoles when they weren't selling enoug black boxes. The N64 pioneered console shooting with the titles mentioned by Caleidah. The PS 1 had the solid Medal of Honour and I'm sure that the Dreamcast also had a good shooter, even Half-Life 1 was almost released for it.

Halo sold units, it presented nothing new. Halo 2 is more of the same. Halo 3 has yes, Forge and the ability to record people tea bagging one another, but really now? I hardly call it innovation when compared to most current on-line games and the fantastic Garry's Mod.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games