Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:55 am
We are young
We are strong
We're not looking for where we belong
We're not cool
We are free
And we're running with blood on our knees

User Image
User Image

Muggleborn Grчffındor Fırst Yeαr a** Kıcker

*¸.✬★*´´☽ Nare hadn't played in too many team sports back in primary except the occasional pickup game of football. She had pretty much resigned herself to having to find a totally new hobby to make up for the lack of racing she was going to be living with when she'd been introduced to a sport called Quidditch. From what she'd heard and read about it seemed at least interesting enough to check out. So on the day of tryouts, she changed into some old P.E. gear and went to the pitch where she spotted a handful of older girls, a table with some forms and...were those water balloons?! She was liking this already! "Hi, this is the place for tryouts, right?" It'd be Nare's luck she tripped upon like some secret water balloon battle scene instead of an actual sport.

Username: Yukina101
                                              Character's Name: Narine Pritchard
                                              House: Gryffindor
                                              Year: First
                                              Advanced Flying I: No
                                              Advanced Flying II: No
                                              Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
                                              Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Dang Healthy, Swift Swipe
                                              First Choice Position: Chaser
                                              Second Choice Position: Goalie Keeper maybe?

I could change the world
I can make it better
Kick it up and down
Took a chance on me
When you fake a smile
And you think you're better
Gonna put it down

User Image
Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:27 am
User Image
"Mattie"Matilda Rose Harper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 5th Year Repeat> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Music Club, Dueling Club, and Fite Club Member><Beater>
Wearing: Pink and Black workout gear
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Mattie was half surprised when Harmony called her over. She was not surprised by the request for the redhead. Aria would make a good replacement for Mattie. Maybe a better one. If Mattie had stayed in leadership of the Quidditch team next year she would have selected Aria as her Vice Captain. The girl was gifted enough in quidditch and besides wasn't her mother a captain of a professional team or something? That should give Aria an edge.

When Harmony mentioned taking the vice captainship she tensed for a moment. "Yeah that was discussed with Professor Harlowe already... and my parents. I was more under the impression it was a mutual decision but yeah everyone has my support still."

Aria could tell the older blonde girl was annoyed. Quite frankly Aria thought that Harmony could be more delicate about the matter. Aria would have been but split milk wouldn't change. Mattie was still enthusiastic enough about that team especially if Harmony's next words spelled out what Aria suspected: she was the next best choice as Vice Captain logically.

Aria tried not to wince at the praise of her talent and listened to the request. She nodded in response with the canned answer of a diplomat, "I will support the team. Thank you for the faith in the role." She paused and added with a smile, "Where do you think you will travel first? I travel a lot with my Mum and she has always made sure I learn as many languages as I can. I'd be happy to help out after practices on your plans too. Traveling the world sounds fun. Oh, and you definitely should join language club... but we were talking quidditch right?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                                Stefan Lee Salvatore

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Zack Knapp
GryffindorFirst Year

"What is my role?"

Zack was confused when he entered the quidditch pitch. He knew this was a co-gender sport... but there were only all females. He wasn't sure if he liked this, who would he talk to in the locker rooms to get hyped up before the game? He shrugged, maybe he was just super early. His mom was always early to things, maybe it was just a girl thing. He took a form, filled it out, then just stood there - what did one do when they were done filling a form but no one was playing yet?

All he really knew, he had to play quidditch - maybe that would get the attention of his dad, and his dad would come back home. Or, at least his cousins would see him and would talk to him.

Username: Stefan Lee Salvatore
Character's Name: Zack Knapp
Year: 1st
Advanced Flying I: no
Advanced Flying II: no
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Nat Flyer, and Deft Dodger
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Chaser

"Mad inventory of course!"

Stats go here

“”

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:27 pm
User Image
User Image
Mama said don't give up, it's a little complicated
All tied up, no more love and I'd hate to see you waiting
They say it's all been done but they haven't seen the best of me
So I got one more run and it's gonna be a sight to see

User Image

Halfblood | Second Year Gryffindor | Twelve Years Old
Quidditch Team (Reserve) | The Order of the Stick
Tryouts 2056 The Pitch With: Team Gryffindor
Wearing: Gryffindor hoodie and sweatpants Status: Quidditch Ready

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Normally Logan made a point to be one of the first to arrive on the pitch. Today wasn't one of those days. Logan had a tendency to sleep like a log, and one of his dorm mates wasn't putting up with his alarm clock going off for more than five minutes on end. He could have at least woke him up! It was really no skin off Logan's bones though--as he sprinted towards the pitch, broom in hand, he saw they were still missing a few from the line up. Relieved he wasn't late, he slowed to a jog as he made his way to their mighty captain. "Top of the mornin' ladies. Mornin', New Guy!" He greeted, flashing the new first years a smile and a wave.

"Harmony! You're gonna put me in this year, riiiight?" Logan asked as he plucked a form from the table, half-joking. He understood the team was still pretty full, but a kid could dream. At this point he'd take whatever she had--he just had to get in there! After finishing the usual form, Logan noticed the batch of water balloons, and he couldn't help but grin. Weren't there balloons at the last tryout, too? Whatever Captain Harmony was planning, someone would have to bite to find out. It may as well be him. "Hey, what's going on here? Got something up your sleeve for today?"

--
Username: Trickblues
Character's Name: Logan Strife
Year: Second
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Nadda
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: None
Any Special Skill: Sharp Eye, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position: Captain Harmony. Listen. I'll play whatever position you want. Put me in and I promise to make you proud!!

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Username

Had to have high, high hopes for a living
Shooting for the stars when I couldn't make a killing
Didn't have a dime but I always had a vision
Always had high, high hopes

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:50 pm
Harmony Aindrias
Seventh Year Gryffindor
PrefectUser ImageQuidditch CaptainUser Image Adventurer's Club ParticipantUser Image

▬▬ A smooth sea never made a good captain...So its confirmed!▬▬

Harmony shrugged when Aria asked where she would travel to first,
"I might continue just traveling the seas, although playing quidditch professionally has been toying with my mind, so wherever quidditch would take me." Harmony paused and frowned, she hadn't thought about needing other languages, she made a note to check out language club, before a first year and a second year came in.

Harmony laughed when Logan asked if she was going to put him in, "You know I'd love to have all of you be starters, but there's too many of us and not enough quidditch spots for that - we'll have to see if anyone doesn't show up or is seriously injured this year. Or maybe you can just impress me with you skills" However, Logan made the big mistake, and asked what was going on with the water balloons, "I'm so glad you asked! I need you to close your eyes..." She walked over to the balloons and picked an armful up, before gesturing at her team, Aire in particular, to grab some and join in. She figured, this was going to turn into a full out water balloon fight, just starting with Logan - a fun team building time. She raised her hand with a balloon in it, then threw it at Logan, watching it burst. She laughed as Aire joined in.

"Thanks for asking Logan! It's a water balloon fight. Everyone vs. You. Time to use those dodging skills!" She was glad Logan had been the one to do this, he would take it well she thought.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]House:[/b]
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
[b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
[b]First Choice Position:[/b]
[b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

▬▬ This is just one big storm and its all a mess, but Ill be a great Captain one day.▬▬

Where: Quidditch Tryouts
With Whom: The Team
Thinking about: It's time
Wearing: Leg Black shorts + clockwork tank top + head gear as seen in picture
OOC: Open for Interaction

mc2

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:16 pm
2056 - 2057 Gryffindor Quidditch Team
Captain
Harmony Aindrias

Vice Captain
Aria League

Keeper
Torin Byrnes

Chasers
Duanaire Andrias-Evera
Harmony Aindrias
Aria League

Seeker
Skyla Byrnes

Beaters
Dixie Walker
Mattie Harper

Reserves
Reserve Seeker - Logan Strife
Reserver Beater - Zack Knapp
Reserver Chaser - Narine Pritchard

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:51 pm
User Image
♡ Aria ♡ Artemisia Rosalie League ♡
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxx
Time: 2057-2058

Aria might have seemed like she did not like quidditch as she had always stated it was only a game but she was proud she was able to step up where Mattie could not as Vice Captain and now stand as the Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. She could only hope her first choice as vice captain (Torin Byrnes) could feel similar pride in the leadership role. Aria dreamed of being a rising star and boon to her people with the Ministry of Magic so she might as well take any leadership position given to her with a head held high.

Smiling (and remembering her mother's words of "Happy girls are the prettiest" ), Aria held sign up forms as she waited for her soon-to-be team to arrive.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Not your mother, indeed
                                                Looking for bigger, better things, are you?
                                                Well, I'm sure you'll find them in

Gryffindor!
                                                CatWaffle

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:38 pm
Zack Knapp
Gryffindor Second Year

"What is my role?"

Zack loved quidditch, and became close friends with Logan Strife - one of the only guys on the team. He walked to the quidditch tryouts and filled out his obligatory form, before giving it to the captain and starting to stretch. He had one mission this year - meet Erikk Knapp. Since this Knapp was younger than him, he had hopes he could take this Knapp Cousin under his wing and become besties with him.

Username: Stefan Lee Salvatore
Character's Name: Zack Knapp
Year: 2nd
Advanced Flying I: enrolled
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Nat Flyer, and Deft Dodger

"Mad inventory of course!"

Stats go here

“”

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:44 pm
2057 - 2058 Gryffindor Quidditch Team
Captain
Aria League

Vice Captain
Torin Byrnes

Keeper
Torin Byrnes

Chasers
Aria League
Narine Pritchard
Barbara Luney

Seeker
Skyla Byrnes

Beaters
Mattie Harper
Zack Knapp

Reserves
Reserve Seeker - Logan Strife

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:27 am
User Image
xxxxxx
Time: 2058-2059

Aria reluctantly made it to the pitch. It was not that she had no intention on being a good captain. She was likely most qualified thanks to her mum and her charisma and organization skills. Yet, Aria could not muster up the passion that many of her fellow Gryffindors (and classmates in general) did for the sport. Still she intended to win this year.

Stepping onto the pitch broom in hand, paperwork (and extra quills) in her satchel, and a box of mystery (water balloons), she stood ready for her new team. The form read:

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Not your mother, indeed

Gryffindor!
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:26 am
User Image
"Mattie"Matilda Rose Harper
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 7th Year Repeat> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Music Club, Dueling Club, and Fite Club Member><Quidditch Team Beater>

Mattie walked to the pitch to see her redheaded replacement. Honestly Aria was a good quidditch captain and she did have the advantage of her mother's meddling. Mattie suspected Aria was not thrilled with her mother's meddling or necessarily the position but she held it out of duty. And, Aria did seem to like the sport casually. Mattie just hoped Aria didn't hold anything against her. She had a rough fifth year (the first time around). Stepping back was just better for Mattie.

Taking a form she quickly filled out the necessary information regarding her skills that she could bring to the team:

Username: mc2
                                                Character's Name: Matilda Harper
                                                Year: 7th Year (Repeated 5th year)
                                                Advanced Flying I: yes
                                                Advanced Flying II:yes
                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 7
                                                Any Special Skill: Dang Healthy, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger

°• Baby doll, when it comes to a lover
                                                I promise that you'll never find another like •°

Freedom? Freedom is quite a big thing to ask for, dear
                                                I find you have to learn to grasp it yourself
                                                Rarely is it simply given
                                                Perhaps you'll find your own way in

Gryffindor!
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:35 am
User Image
✵ Nic ✵ Nicholas Hue Hayward-Ye ✵
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx

Nic's dad grew brooms he just had to fly, right? Besides, it was the closest he was going to get to football. Judging by his aunt Lola's enchanted snitches catching one of those wasn't for him. He thought about keeper but that might get boring. Chaser could be cool but then he found old school pictures of his aunt Lola and his dad and found they had something in common: both were beaters. Protecting people and taking out his frustration on angry iron balls, now that sounded like his cup of tea.

Walking up he saw two girls. The redhead seemed in charge and Nic said a polite hello to her and then the blonde before taking a form and quickly filling it out:

Username: mc2
                                                Character's Name: Nicholas (Nic) Hayward-Ye
                                                Year: 1st
                                                Advanced Flying I: no
                                                Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
                                                First Choice Position: beater
                                                Second Choice Position: reserve beater (please let me hit things!)

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ah, but this nose doesn’t need to poke too far
                                                To see that behind that distrustful warning
                                                You’d do quite well in

Gryffindor!
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:38 am
2058 - 2059 Gryffindor Quidditch Team
Captain
Aria League

Vice Captain
Torin Byrnes

Keeper
Torin Byrnes

Chasers
Aria League
Logan Strife
Narine Pritchard

Seeker
Skyla Byrnes

Beaters
Mattie Harper
Zack Knapp

Reserves
Barbara Luney - Chaser
Nicholas Hayward-Ye - Beater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:19 pm
User Image
xxxxxx
Time: 2059-2060

Artemisia Rosalie League, Aria. She was practically everything. Her resume was flawless, she even included Quidditch Captain much to her mother's joy and not totally to her dislike by now. But Head Girl. She knew she was probably going to get it even though she was wrong about Ron. Wasn't Milan hooked on potions and flung himself down the stairs last year for theatrics? The Wellbeloves were theatrical. At least Milan wouldn't step on her lead as head. But today was about quidditch just a fun game most took too seriously. Aria decided she was going to enjoy herself this year for the sake of the game and not worry about being the best in the sport. Being an obliviator and eventual head of a department did not take quidditch skills. Smiling, Aria held out the forms and spare quills for the incoming team (and perhaps some who didn't make the team).

Not your mother, indeed

Gryffindor!
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Trickblues

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:51 am
User Image
Out the gates, I'm rocketing faster
Supersonic, natural disaster
I may be desperate tonight
I'm never giving up
I won't change my mind

User Image

Halfblood | Fifth Year Gryffindor | Prefect | Fifteen Years Old
Quidditch Team Chaser | The Order of the Stick | Fencing Club
Quidditch Tryouts 2059 The Pitch With: O' Captain my Captain!
Wearing: Gryffindor jacket with a guitar tee, sweatpants, and old sneakers. Status: Let's do this!

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Finally! Logan was ecstatic to be back for another year. The Summer was all well and good. Spent some time with Nana Biddy, herded some sheep. Played plenty with his baby brother, Darragh. It was hard to believe the little tyke was already walking! There was time to get some Quidditch practice in with his cousin over the break, but that was practically nothing compared to playing with the whole team.

The pickup match last semester really took it out of him. For sure, Logan was never playing Seeker again–he was definitely most suited to Chaser. If he didn’t know better, he might have thought he personally offended the Knapp clan with how brutally they took him down. Logan spent the rest of that afternoon in the hospital wing, bruised ribs too sore between the bludgers and losing his lunch. It wasn’t his favorite day. Especially since he had to sit there and listen to Galen and Nora getting along so well. That day he decided it was best to let childish crushes go. This year, his head would be totally in the game!

“Captain Ariaaa, wassup!” Logan raised his hand in friendly greeting while approached from the edge of the pitch. “You have a good Summer? I’m ready an’ rarin’ to go, myself. We’re going to get that cup for sure this year; I can just feel it.” As he spoke, he took an offered quill and form and filled it out like usual.

--

Username: Trickblues
                                                              Character's Name: Logan Strife
                                                              Year: Fifth
                                                              Advanced Flying I: Yes
                                                              Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                              Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4
                                                              Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
                                                              First Choice Position: Chaser
                                                              Second Choice Position: Beater

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
                                                              Username

Can't stop me now (stop me now)
                                                              Lights out, no rhyme or reason
                                                              And now my pulse is speeding up on me
                                                              Too fast to hit the brakes, no time to stop
                                                              Steady go!

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces