Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:29 pm

Daniel looks concerned over Dame's tears, but his eyebrows climb as she takes his arm and gestures towards his back. Wiggling and squirming to get a better look, Daniel finally gets an arm up enough to see the shard. He grimaces at it, though the look seems to be one more of annoyanec than pain.

"Ah. Well that would explain a thing or two."

Lowering his arm, Daniel gently pulls Dame's hand away from his arm, and holds it in his other hand. He looks her in the eye and tries to force a smile, though he know seems more concerned than before.

"Dame, I can explain this too. Well, oh nevermind. Look, I know this is weird, and strange, and just completely bonkers. But believe me, I'm okay."

Daniel pats Dame's hand in as reassuring a manner as he can manage, before swallowing and blushing slightly.

"Uh, however, it is alittle discomforting. Not to mention awkward. So uh, I don't suppose you could, um, do me a favor? You know, just kinda, yank it? I would but I can't reach it there very well."

Daniel smiles somewhat abashedly at his own question.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:36 pm

((Um, so...is there even any blood? confused ))

eek gonk crying "Daniel! I'm not a physician!! What if I hurt you even more!? cry " she walks around to his back and studies it, looking worried. She glances around, looking for something that she can apply pressure with.

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:42 pm

((Little bit, about as much as ther would be with something stuck in you. Don't worry, it won't get any worse than that.))

Daniel tries to reach the shard in his back on his own, but still can't quite reach. At Dame's question, he nods understandingly.

"Look, Dame, I know you're worried. And first of all, I'm grateful for that. But you don''t need to worry. You can't hurt me. I've been through enough now to learn that much. All you have to do is pull. Then it'll be done."

Daniel tries to smile reassuringly again.

"Trust me?"
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:13 pm

dame fights down a sob and bites her lip, positioning herself behind him again and bracing herself. She tentatively touches her fingertips to the metal before getting a firm grip. Biting her lip harder and grimacing, she takes a deep breath, then yanks the the thing from his back, whimpering as it slides out. She holds it in her hands, tears running silently down her cheeks.

"Are...are you alright, Daniel?" she asks quietly, taking this time to inspect the metal for any rust or whatnot.

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Daniel feels Dame's touch as she takes hold of the metal shard. Then after a bizarre sliding sensation that elicits a grunt, Daniel exhales as the pain diminishes almost immediately. He moves his arm slightly to work the sore muscles. At Dame's question, he grins to himself.

"Just give it a second."

A familiar feeling sweeps through Daniel's mind, a sensation of returning. The feeling is as strange as the first time he felt it, but at least now he knows what it means. From Dame's vantage point, she can see that the wound did not bleed any further after she revoed teh metal. And shortly after being removed, what little blood had seeped from the wound, backtracked into the wound as if in reverse. Likewise, the gash in Daniel's back disappeared rapidly. Not really healing, but more like the injury itself was being undone, until finally Daniel's skin seemed as smooth and unmarred as the rest of him. Once the sensation subsided, Daniel turned as he pulled the the grimy goggles off his face, leaving a silhouette of dust on his face. His eyes are expectant but unsure as he looks to Dame.

"So. Go ahead and ask away."
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:56 pm

WARNING: THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A LONG POST DUE TO A LOT OF RETRO, WITH PROBABLY AN EQUAL LENGTH POST FOLLOWING. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO READ, THEN BY ALL MEANS DO NOT. HOWEVER, IF YOU CHOOSE TO CONTINUE, KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF ABOUT THE LENGTH SINCE YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED. THAT IS ALL.

(continuing from here)

-once he regained a portion of his composure, at least enough to stand alone and walk, the group moved into the dining area. Inside was a beautiful long rectangular deep cherry oak table, decorated with fine linen and delicate lace in ivory. The centerpiece was an enormous and vast array of lilies and tulips, all in various colors of white, pink and orange inside a uniquely designed crystal vase. There were ten chairs ornately crafted just as the table, four on each side and one at either end, all covered with linen back covers and plush cushions, also in ivory. Horne led Mama T to the head of the table and helped her into her seat, taking the chair to her right. Stubbs opted for the one on her left as he sat down a chair from Stubbs. The scent of a ready oven and melting butter waft into the room from the kitchen as they settle down. Tears having ceased and breaths coming in at a more normal pace, he intertwines his fingers on the table in front of him, palms facing up.

Studying his palms, he concentrates on placing his resolve back in order, knowing he was not the only one to lose it but not used to letting anyone see him in such a state. Taking a deep breath, he finally looks up and into Mama T's ever watchful eyes as she takes stock of him, the guys stealing glances to see if he's alright as they did not want to cause him any unease. Silently he let Mama T read him, something she hadn't done in years, and something he never did care for. Liv used to do the same thing to them and it drove him crazy to not have his own thoughts to himself. After she'd gleaned all she needed from him, she nodded her head once and closed her eyes, indicating that he could begin when he was ready. Clasping his hands together firmly on the table, he leans over them and stares at a spot behind Horne's head. The soft sage color of the wall and the antique gold filigree framed picture his focal points for the moment, his face somewhere between resolve and the past-

Since Horne and Stubbs are still here and not in flying fits of rage, we can rule out murder. Suicide is also canceled as we all know that Liv didn't roll like that. No matter how rough life got, how bad things were, the s**t she went through, we went through, she loved life. So that leaves only two conclusions: she either died of natural causes, which I seriously doubt, or she was sick. After laying all that out, my question is this. How long hasdshe been sick? What was ailing her? Why hadn't she told any of us? Why did she choose to spend her last days alone?

-in the middle of his onslaught of questions, Mama T held her left hand up to quiet him. Delicate hand still poised in mid air, she summoned her caregiver. Seconds later, a woman of average height with a slender frame dressed in lilac scrubs entered the room, her caramel complected face and deep brown eyes warm with a tiny smile on her face-

Camille dear, would you please put a pot of tea on for us? Something soothing and -mood lifting- if you don't mind. And maybe a small fruit and cheese platter to snack on before breakfast is done. I'm sure our weary traveler here is starving amongst other things.

-nodding her understanding, she leaves as quickly as she came, placing a kettle on the backburner of the stove for tea as she checked the skillets on the front burners. She then picks up a bowl of pancake batter and ladles two heavy dollops into each of the skillets, tossing a slotted sheet with bacon in the oven. Catching the hint, she also grabs a bottle of Mama T's finest bourbon, three shot glasses, and places it all on a tray, taking it out to the guys. As the men pour shots for themselves, Mama T finally opens her eyes and looks at him. Downing his, he prepares another and turns to face her, waiting for her to begin-

Liv had always been a very proud, very independent person, ever since she was born. She didn't like for anyone to hold her for long periods of time and hated to be pushed around in strollers and whatnot. She was so determined to not be coddled and toted, that she learned how to walk and talk at a very early age. She was very intelligent and talented, and we expected nothing but greatness from her. Whatever there was to learn out there in the world, she wanted in on it. Then around the time she was eight, she blacked out in the middle of class and was rushed to the emergency room when she wouldn't wake up immediately. That was the day she was diagnosed with a deadly debilitating disease, and given three years, max, to live. The blackouts were the first of the symptoms, which would lead ultimately to the loss of speech, motor skills, and comprehension. Roughly put, reverting her back to an "infant" stage. Though we her family were devastated by such news, she was unaffected, taking in the world around her as it turned, more interested in the machines she was hooked up to and how they worked than what the doctors were saying.

-laughs a little, a bit amused-

Apparently they didn't know Liv, and we didn't know her as well as we thought we did. The blackouts had become more frequent, and I wanted to take her out of school and have her home schooled, but she wasn't going for that. She soon learned the warning signs of an oncoming blackout were light sensitivity and headaches, giving her ample time to get somewhere she trusted to deal with her blackouts. A few months from her diagnosing, the disease started to attack her motor skills as the doctors said. There were times she'd be doing homework and would suddenly drop her pencil, unable to coordinate herself to pick it back up, let alone write. Not long after her legs would give way under her out of nowhere, at first leading us to think she was having a blackout until she'd turn over to rub her legs into submission. -another small laugh- Lord, but did that girl have a strong and stubborn will about her. There definitely were times she'd get frustrated, but she -never- gave up. She worked long and hard to prove those doctors wrong b/c she worked long and hard to walk, talk and do for herself and wasn't about to let anything take that from her.

-just then, Camille came out with a large silver serving tray holding a silver teapot, a crystal sugar holder, four cups, saucers, spoons, and a plate with various fruit, cheeses and crackers on it. Setting the tray amongst the group, she busied herself passing out cups and filling them, putting the plate a bit closer to him while passing out the saucers. Done, she takes the tray back up and walks back into the kitchen to finish breakfast. Mama T smiles at the young woman as she leaves, taking up her teacup and placing two sugar cubes in it, stirring before continuing-

With great determination, the help of her friends and school staff, Liv was able to go to school like a regular person, only taking off when she couldn't will her limbs to act accordingly. The times her speech was impaired, she just simply went through the days silently, communicating through body language and eye contact as I taught her. She took her disabilities and wove them into her everyday life. Her "silent" days made into games with her friends to see who could read her the best. Her days of immobility for meditation and talking to her nerves, muscles, and so on to get them to cooperate. There was never a moment that I can recall throughout her life that Liv didn't have a smile on her face, didn't have that lust for life, wanting to know what makes the world go round. My Liv fought that disease tooth and nail for twenty years, laughing in the doctors' faces when she hit her three year death date, six months afterwards, and every year from then on until about two years ago. When Liv and Lo showed up back home, her whole life packed up in her car, I knew something was wrong. Even with her meds advancing with age and coupled with her willpower, she'd fought for as long as she could.

Now, as you all were made to believe, you think Liv left and came home b/c of an altercation between her and Genevieve
{pronounced ZHAWN-vee-ehv, and will also be referred to as V at times}. But that's not entirely true. The two -did- have a falling out, but that was not her reason for leaving. The two had a falling out due to her leaving and not alluding as to why. While Genevieve had a feeling something was wrong with Liv, she didn't know completely and was utterly hurt that her best friend would keep something like that from her. However, she wasn't alerted to Liv's condition until her final weeks b/c that's what she wanted. She didn't want her downward spiral and the fact that she might not even recognize you before she died to be the last thing remembered by her closest and dearest friends. Somehow though, I knew she'd remember dear Genevieve out of everyone that ever came into her life. Even her friends from her school years were strangers to Liv when they would come and visit her. Those two had a strong and special bond, and V was the one Liv asked for during her last days. As upset as she still was, she couldn't and wouldn't refuse me or Liv, especially when she found out what was wrong. She was specifically told to not tell anyone, and that I would be the one to to call you guys when the she finally passed. When I called, there was no answer from any of you, and no return calls. V was kind enough to tell me that you all were either out in the field, or busy doing -other- things.

-when Mama T referred to Icy by her government name, he snorted at remembering she couldn't stand calling Icy by her alias. As she stressed that last part, he knew that Icy had either told her or was read by her, and that he'd hear more later when they were alone. There was so much he didn't know, and there was a lot to take in. While he understood Liv's requests, it still pained him that she didn't trust him and the guys to be with her through her time of hell and not remember her for what she was going through, but for who she was to them-a true and wonderful friend. Once again, Camille came out of the kitchen, this time rolling out a cart with breakfast on it. Pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage, grits, bisquits, warm fruit compote, syrup, butter, fruit, cheese, coffee and juice. He couldn't help as a chuckle escaped his lips. Though it wasn't Mama T that did the cooking, it smelled great and she knew she had three hungry men to fill. Once plates and utensils were passed around, everyone dug in and put the conversation on pause-

Flame Knightmaer

Dangerous Businessman

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:01 pm

eek dame's eyes grow wide as the wound seemingly heals itself and quite rapidly. She stands there her mouth agape and slowly backs away, not really believing what she saw. Eventually she hits the dresser and steadies herself against it, "What...How...Ar...You...Daniel!" She looks wild-eyed at Daniel, hand going unconsciously to her chest, hand closing around the small pillbox that holds his emerald, "Are...are you a vampire?! Or...or a mutant or something like Wolverine?!" eek
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:12 pm

Daniel looks almost embarrassed at Dame's question, and he fidgits with the goggles as he tries to find the right words.

"No, no vampire here. And I'm not sure how a large land based mustelidae is realted, but no, I'm not that either. Unfortunately, and you aren't going to like this I'm sure, but I don't know. It just, happens. I don't mention it because, well, because I can't explain it."

Daniel looks up, worry and consternation crossinghis face. He drops himself to sit on the bed and sighs to himself.

"Look, all I knw is that I'm as human as the next guy. Aside from the healing stuff. And maybe the not-able-to-die thing. And, ahem, the whole popping out of your wardrobe bit. But other than that, human all the way."

Daniel looks up at Dame with a weak grin, but not at all sure of how she will react in the end.

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:43 pm

dame crosses her arms, different emotions passing across her face as he speaks. Once he is done, she gives him a piercing gaze, sizing him up and measuring him for a few long seconds, her face unreadable now. She finally drops her gaze and her arms, walking over to sit beside him. She ruffles his hair as she plops down her ownself, "Are you sure you aren't crazy? You pay the people to let you outta here?" She shrugs and continues talking, "I'm good friends with a demon imp succubus thing as well as her counterpart an angel imp thing. I have a cloned dark elf grunny thing living in my bedroom, there was a vampire down the hall, the people at Chatty's are creepy as hell, my exboyfriend was best friends with a catgirl and is currently dating a witch." She throws up her hands, "Why the hell wouldn't I meet someone with latent self healing abilities while in the nuthouse?" rolleyes

dame grins and winks at him wink xd . "So, you popped out of my wardrobe, did you?" she nudges him with her shoulder, "Happen to visit Narnia while in there? Was Aslan nice? I feel he's nice..." xd
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:14 pm

Daniel grinned in relief as Dame seemed to accept him for whatever he was. He listened to Dame talk about her aquaintances, looking a little lost as she did. When she finished, Daniel just shrugged his shoulders and smiled.

"Dame, I'm not going to pretend to understand even a half of what you just said, but, thanks. For your understanding I mean. You're pretty much the only person I know that doesn't wish I was somewhere else. And considering the number of people I know, or at least remember knowing, can be counted on one hand, it means all the more."

He bumped his shoulder into hers playfully, trying to defuse his own embarrasment, as well as lighten the mood. Daniel's face turned serious for a moment as he seemed to think.

"And though I didn't catch the name of the place I was, namely because the guy refused to tell me, I don't think it was called Narnia. Can't recall ever hearing of a Narnia either, or meeting this Aslan fellow. No, I just foud dirt, ruins, people with guns, and things going blooey."

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:34 pm

dame burst up laughing, "Daniel, really? We needed to introduce you to come pop culture!" She listens to his words, "Ruins, people with guns and things being blown up? Where were you, Daniel? And...do you keep going there often?" Rubs her fingers on her chin contemplating and muttering something like "Nightcrawler".
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:01 pm

Daniel shakes his head while twirling the goggles slowly on a finger.

"I don't recall havnig ever been there before at all. Though there was a man there, some sort of soldier. He would wouldn't give me his name either. He said something that I'm still all bent on. He sadi that he didn't recognize me, but that he knew me."

Daniel waved his hands in the air with a shrug.

"When I pressed him for anything more, he would just go on about getting back to where ever I had hidden myself. I don't know. It's all just as confusing as everything else about me."

Daniel twirled teh goggles hard suddenly, and they shot up and over his head to land on the bed behind him. Smiling broadly, he shrugged again.

"Bah, I'm sure I'll figure this mess out eventually. All things usually work out in the end. Way of the universe I suppose. But enough about me and my bizarre status. How are you doing. I mean, I know it's only been a couple of days, but really, I hadn't expected to be back here quite so soon."

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:14 pm

She looks at him oddly, "...Daniel...you've been gone for two weeks or more...You even sent me a letter." dame stands and goes over to the dresser, getting out her stationary box. She opens it up and plucks out the letter, handing it to him. "This was on top of the letter," dame opens up the pillbox, shakes it slightly and the emerald falls out into her palm. She drops the emerald into Daniel's hand.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:32 pm

Daniel stares at Dame, slack jawed, as she retrieves both note and gem. Once both are in his hands, he still seems to hardly notice.

"Buh...wh...no. No. I was only there, at that other place for a day. I mean, twenty-four hours tops. There's no way, I mean...no way. Something's not right."

Finally taking notice of the items he is holding, Daniel flips open the note first. Reading through it quickly, he just shakes his head and drops it on the bed, standing to pace the room with teh stoen still in his hand.

"I don't know what all this is Dame, but I didn't write that. I mean, I don't even know what it's talking about. All I know is that early this morning, or maybe even yesterday I'll admit, I was walking back to the bar after spending the night in an alley. The last thing I remember is walking to the door, and then...nothing. The next thing I knew I was waking up with that guy I told you about and some girl, who I think was a medic, looking down on me. I was with them for the better part of a day. Bad things happened, I wound up here."

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:29 am

She furrows her brow, "I...I really don't know what to say about that, Daniel..." dame removes herself from the bed and goes to stand beside the dresser, arms crossed around her middle. Her face is in deep concentration, "Daniel...I don't really know what's going on here. And...I don't know if you do or not or if you keep forgetting but I'm starting to feel as if I'm getting messed with." She looks up angrily, evil "And it's starting to piss me off. And considering I have been angrier than usual, stare I really don't like it. stressed I think it's the meds." Or I'm tired of being sad so I have decided to be mad instead. stressed mad scream stare evil , she thinks to herself.
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games