Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:04 pm

((Yes. sweatdrop ))

*chuckles* I don't think it would work as well. I just had bad timing today, I guess.

*reaches up to pet Smok*
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:36 pm

damey had been in contact with Dec and Bonnie for most of the week through cell phone and institution phone. It had taken a few days for Dec to get back, he had been on a gig, but finally on Wednesday, Bonnie and her brother were able to come up and see dame.

She had calmed down significantly and watched stony faced as Dec and Bonnie read the letter Psyzapp had delivered. After heated discussions, with Bonnie acting as pacifier, dame asked Bonnie and Dec to go and remove her belongings themselves. She told them they would have to ask a MW lady or security to let them down to her quarters. She got her keys from the holding box at the front desk and took her MW key off. She handed it over to Dec and gave him her copy of the apartment key. She told them she wasn't really sure where in the apartment to put the stuff, but it shouldn't be TOO much stuff. Mostly clothes. She said to take everything in the drawers of the night stands and the dressers, everything in the closet - check the dryer and the washer and bring the laundry basket home. Leave any clothes that look like Flame's. stare Obviously he did nothing to stop it IF he's even there. stare She tells them to also grab any products from the bathroom. Anything else was already furbished - sheets, comforters, towels, etc. Bonnie and Dec nod their heads in understanding.

During the whole meeting, dame tears up only once. However, as they are leaving and damey is seeing them off outside, Bonnie says just the right thing and dame has a mini-breakdown while hugging her, crying that she doesn't understand why they are doing this and wailing, questioning what has she done and if they are punishing her for the whole 'L' thing and didn't they believe her when she told Psy and the MWs that she deeply cared for MW and wouldn't do nothing to damage or hurt it and that she dearly loved all the MW ladies. All her sentences were streaming together and Bonnie held back tears as she rubbed dame's back and stroked her hair. Dec stared straight ahead, face unreadable as his heart wrenched inside at dame's tears. One of the last things dame said before calming down and drying it up was her wondering if they didn't believe her when she told Psy if she had it to do all over, knowing what she knows now, she would do it over again in a heartbeat. MW has changed her life and she wouldn't give that up for a second. Did they not believe her? dame had searched Bonnie's eyes for an answer the young Irishwoman couldn’t give. Finally, Bonnie had to look away from the distraught green eyes. dame sagged and after a moment, took a deep breath, wiped her face, and hugged Bonnie again, kissing her cheek. She quickly leaned over the seat and hugged Dec too.

dame waved goodbye until they disappeared around a bend and then abrupt faced and marched purposefully back into the building. She went straight for her letters she had been composing and held them tight. The papers were stretched so taut they almost ripped. After a few precarious seconds, dame couldn't bring herself to rip them up. She placed them back in her stationary box and returned it to the drawer. She shut the drawer and sat on her bed, staring into space. Eventually she pulled out her phone and sent Flame a text message.

Flame's Text dame
FYI, in case you didn't know, my quarters at MW will be empty of everything aside your things by the end of the week. - dame

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:56 am

Daniel softly closed the door behind him. The room was pitch black, and yet he could 'feel' where everything was. Almost exactly as he remembered it. He moved slowly forward, making not a sound, despite the large coat and boots he wore. Kneeling quietly beside the bed, Daniel gazes at Dame's sleeping form. He smiles softly, and his eyes seem far away, as if remembering things long past. His movement, his clothes, and especially his eyes seem older. Well worn, but also well cared for.

"It is good to see you again old friend.", he whispers quietly. He extends his hand as if rest it upon Dame's shoulder but stops himself short. Instead Daniel pulls his hand back and removes something from a pocket. Reaching out he places a slip of folded paper on Dame's nightstand. Then on top of that he carefully sets down what appears to be a very large square cut emerald, almost a full inch to a side, but barely thicker than a few sheets of paper.

There comes a soft electronic chirp, and Daniel muffles something on his wrist, watching to see if Dame was disturbed. Glancing at something on his wrist, he grimaces as if not liking what he sees. Standing, he takes one last look at the sleeping Dame, bringing the soft smile to his face again. "Hang in there, Dame. Just a while longer." Daniel heads back to the room's door, though his hand stops just short of grabbing the handle. He holds there for a moment, then opens the door and steps through letting it shut queitly behind him.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:25 am

When Bonnie and Dec stepped outside the institution, Dec pulled his half sister into a strong hug. Bonnie sniffled a bit; rubbing her streaming eyes on his shirt. The siblings eventually straightened and headed towards their car. They stopped by home to pick up boxes and then headed over to the MW. The ride both ways was quiet; each sibling lost in their own thoughts.

OOC: I LIVE!!!!! Yay for Gaia!!!

Decorera

Dapper Shapeshifter

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:06 pm

dame looked very confused as she woke up and found a beautiful emerald by her bedside table and a note underneath. She picked up the stone and held it in her hand, turning it this way and that, looking at it and feeling the weight of it in her hand. Curiousity being one that killed the cat and ruled the damey, she acted just like the four year olds she used to teach and inspected the stone in all ways, feeling it, looking at and raising it up to her eye to look through it. rofl Finally, she picked up the paper, opening it to reveal clear but flowing cursive.

In the Letter, Daniel
Dame,

It seems as if an eternity has passed since I saw you last, for more reasons than one. And though I cannot explain it to you now, nor when I see you next, I know you will understand and accept me. I leave you this note for two reasons, not including my selfish wishes to see a friend once more.

The first is to break a promise, and tell you that all will be well in the end. It seems like nothing will be right again now, but before you know it, you'll be back out there and making a difference. And to tell you that if you ask it of me, I will help you with whatever you need. Even though I may not know why at the time.

Secondly, you will no doubt have noticed the rather shiny stone that was atop this message. I am reluctant to involve you in this, but it has been pointed out that you are in the best position to help. The next time you see me, you must give this stone to me. I know this sounds like a strange request, but as I mentioned, I cannot explain now. But soon.

Take care of yourself Dame. After all, I need you to talk sense into me every once in a while.

Your Friend,
"Daniel"

dame was even more confused by his letter. What the heck was he talking about? When she saw him again? Involve her in what? And what significance does this stone have? Millions of other questions raced through her mind as she pondered the letter, Daniel, and how she was going to keep up with and keep safe the stone in her palm. confused neutral
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:28 pm

dame had eventually taken to putting the square cut gem in a small square pillbox she had found. She had tested it first to make sure it fit snug but also was able to drop out if needed. She attached the pillbox to a small chain and wore it around her neck, testing the latch on the pillbox thoroughly.

The young woman had been busy the last several days since then writing and editing letters to be sent out. She had eventually cut off her phone until Dec and/or Bonnie could bring over her charger. She really shouldn't have her phone anyway.

dame had written and/or edited three letters so far: one to Dec and Bonnie, one to Flame, and one to the MW ladies. The one for Dec and Bonnie was easy to write. The one to Flame she had written a while ago but it needed to be revised. Same with the MW ladies one. However...in the end, she didn't have the heart to send the MW ladies their letter yet.

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:46 pm

dame's First Letter
Dear Dec & Bonnie,

Thank you so much for everything ya’ll have done for me. I can never express or repay. Ya’ll have shown me what true friends can do and how they act without selfishness. I can only hope one day I become such a good friend to someone. I have done absolutely nothing to deserve such wonderful friends I have surrounding me. Between ya’ll and others, I am truly humbled.

Ya’ll have taken me in when I was in need, gave me a job when I had none, clothed me, fed me (numerous, numerous sweets wink ), loved me when I was undeserving, stood up for me when I did not, bailed me out of jail, and put yourselves in danger, all out of your love and caring for me. Truly it is more than I could have ever asked for and I can never say thank you enough. Nothing could ever express my gratitude.

I know it hasn’t been easy o you guys, Bonnie, Dec. It has got to be hard seeing someone you love go through such decline. But truly, you have not shown doubt or anything but good faith since I have been in here. You have encouraged me and comforted me when I needed. You have let me blubber all over new clothes – if that isn’t a true friend, I don’t know what is.

I want to send to you feeling of good will and hope, guys. I am getting better and better each day. I hope to be out of here before Thanksgiving. I make no promises, but that is my hope. I really wanna spend Thanksgiving with my family, like I always have. IF I am out, I would love for you two to join me…at the nice grandma’s, of course. wink It’ll be like old times, Dec! xd It would be an honour to have you guys there.

Of course, as I said, this all lies on my recuperation. ^_^ I was also thinking of stealing Miru away for Thanksgiving. Maybe she can stay awhile; we’ll have to see about her breaks at school. Maybe she can stay during Christmas break! I miss that little tyke.

Anyway, I have most certainly rambled long enough, wouldn’t you agree? wink

Love you guys muchly,
damey

eek OH! P.S. I am thinking of asking the facility if we can have a Halloween Dance/Party/whatnot. If so, I am inviting you guys…depending on how it goes I may or may not invite the MW lades, it’s still fresh and raw but I need to work on forgiveness, if only for myself. -sigh- I am also going to keep corresponding with Flame, sad even if right now it’s one-sided sad I…I have to keep faith in something. Something has to go right and I hope it’s him.

Anyway, I love you guys. Many hugs and junk. wink
heart , damey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:27 pm

dame's Second Letter
Dear Flame,

I miss you like crazy, baby. I feel I’m doing well in here. The doctors and nurses are kind here and treat me nicely. I don’t know if it’s the meds or a mixture of those and the counseling but I am already not feeling like I am drowning or floundering. I actually see the surface again. It’s far away, but I see it. They have been working with me a lot about taking the blame where blame is due but NOT automatically taking everything upon myself. I am not responsible for everyone and everything. I am responsible for myself. I am not Atlas, the weight of the world is not on my shoulders.

They tell me not to go crazy though, because my actions normally do affect others. They told me that while they understand why I didn’t tell people where I was going and how I left, that it was inconsiderate of me and I need to tell what’s happening. I will be sending the bar a letter sometime too. I have already told you where I am located and I appreciate that you have respected my wishes. I’m not quite ready for visitors yet. I…I want to see you so badly though…I need a bit longer though….I am sending you the phone number for the hospital and I would love to hear your voice. I also have my phone with me though I am currently waiting for my charger to be sent to me. Once I do I will be able to text at almost any time and talk on the phone during certain hours.

I miss you like the dickens. I hope you are doing well.

heart ,
dame

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:48 pm

dame had told the doctors of the facility almost everything from the past three years of her life. Whether or not they believed her, well, that was to be seen, but the only thing she didn’t tell them was the identity of ‘L’. She had yet to out L as her sister.

“Three years ago -and you can prove some of this by my police record, as you’ve well seen- I received a call. I had just graduated college and was waiting for my certificate to go through. It takes about a month. Anyway, I received a call asking if I would help move some things from one storage to another. I felt something in my gut warn me but I ignored it, choosing instead to have faith in the person since I cared for them. Well, they couldn’t actually come because they were out of town. The other people they chose to help wouldn’t come until after dark, job restrains supposedly. So we pulled up to the warehouse and one of my friend’s men went in, saying they needed to check in. A few minutes later, the man came back and everyone go out of the van and head inside. It was pretty dark inside, the only lights being exits signs and emergence lights. I thought nothing of it and stuck close to the men, they seemed to know their way around. I followed them nearing the back to get this supposed storage moved,” dame shakes her head, “I should have known from the beginning, I should have just said, ‘No.’ but, well, I loved L, still do.”

She pauses for a moment, her eyes far away and expression sad. The young woman lightly shakes her head, “anyway, long story short, we didn’t actually have clearance and when we found a security guard who tried to stop us, one of L’s men pulled out a gun too and a gun fight started. I dropped for cover, screaming and crawled over beside some boxes. The security guard was yelling and then suddenly he wasn’t and I heard a crumpled thud hit the ground. Two of L’s men had already bolted when the man in the lead whipped out a gun. I never saw them again.

By this time, I was curled in a ball, crying and whimpering. Two bullets had whizzed past my head – the only two the guard was able to fire before being silenced himself. One of them embedded in the box right beside me. I was so scared I was shaking, arms clutched around my legs and face buried in my knees.”

Her face was questioning and contemplative as she told her story. Surprisingly though, none of her horror she experienced showed on her face as she did. A myriad of other emotions flew across her face however: humor, sneers, anger, resentment; to name a few.

((TO BE CONTINUED...
Maybe tomorrow because I'm lazy... sweatdrop ))
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:47 pm

After a few long seconds, she returned to the present, looking slightly startled the doctor was there. dame blinked a couple of times and then continued with her story.

“Before I knew what was happening, the man that was left was pressing warm metal into my hand and then there was yelling and guns pointing, lies being spewed, handcuffs and flashing lights. I was put in a holding cell and was so confused. I had never been in trouble with the law aside from a few traffic violations. I had never been so cared in my life. By the time I talked with the officers and got out on bail, my voice was hoarse and eyes red and puffy from crying. The man had lied on me, I was now charged with accessory to murder. One of L’s lawyers was the one who posted bail and brought me to her. She told me she could and would get me out of the mess. Make it disappear like it never happened. She said if the PSC ever found out I would lose my license before I even got it…and she was right. As I said, I care for L, I love her. I asked very timidly and hesitantly what I needed to do. She explained to work for her every so often and she would take care of those charges. She made it sound like she was doing me a favour.”

dame scoffed and shook her head, “And I was gullible enough to believe her. Not even two days later, my records were clean. After Christmas, in January, I got my certificate. I found two part-time jobs not much later. On January 16th, our cousin’s birthday, I started training. She had set me up. I didn’t realize it at the time, but L had se the whole thing up. I realize it now. stare That b***h.”

Resentment filled dame’s features before she went on, “Everyone thinks L was training me to be her protégé. But that was not true. She was merely training me like any other person she hired. The only difference was I had no previous experience. I guess that is why everyone believed I was special, why she was so hard on me. Truth be told, L would never hand over her business. She would rather her empire fall and dissipate when she was dead rather than leave it to a successor. She was harder on me, harsher, worked me longer than the other people she happened to be training at the time. I think it’s because we know each other in real life, I knew her true identity, the woman behind L. I guess she expected more out of me, I don’t know.” dame shrugged, “All I know is she taught me well. Within two years, I was already a crack-shot sniper, taking to the scope and precise aiming very quickly. I probably could have been doing sniping jobs before then, but L was very thorough. I went as backup and to learn firsthand, not to do the job myself. I was assigned mostly grunt work for almost the entire first year. L was also teaching me to throw shuriken and hand-to-hand combat. Mostly practical stuff, not fancy or complex moves. I was trained in a multitude of guns, mostly sniper rifles and concealable handhelds. I eventually stated being armed at all times and bought myself a beautiful set of throwing stars after one of the jobs.

The day after Dec and I celebrated our two year anniversary, I was assigned my first big mission. I wasn’t solo, but it also wasn’t a training mission. Since then, I have been working for L and doing her bidding. Well…until Switzerland…”

Her face became saddened. Everything had changed either during Switzerland or after. dame's body language and emotions became closed off. The doctor put down his pad, looked over steepled fingers at her and told her that was enough for today. She nodded and smiled a small grateful smile.

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:57 am

Back in Dame's empty room, there is sudden burst of wind as the doors to her wardrobe fly open, discharging Daniel onto the floor. He tumbles into the far wall and comes to a stop with a thump and a groan. Groggily, Daniel pushes himself to his feet with considerable dificulty. His eyes are covered by a set of grimy goggles and the rest of his clothes, which appears to be a vest and loose black trousers, are dusty, tattered, and shredded. Still shaky on his feet, Daniel stumbles forward a few paces then stops abruptly. Looking around he takes in his surroundings.

"Wait a minute. I know this place."

Looking down as the remanents of the vest and pants, Daniel sub-consciously begins dusting them off as he stumbles to the nearby bed. He lifts his left arm stiffly, grimacing at doing so, a hsi other hand going to the smal of his back. Suddenly he begins laughing to himself, cut off by a hacking cough.

"Oh, my back may be killing me, but at least I'm not naked again."

Daniel's mirth is short lived as eyes finally glaze over and he falls forward onto the bed. Apparently unaware of the shard of twisted metal the size of man's hand, embedded in his back just below his left shoulder blade.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:42 pm

dame walks in after a tiring session, ready to just fall in bed, really, and take a nap until dinner. She opens the door and glances over to her bed, ready to zone in and plop down. eek Her eyes grow wide and her mouth works not long after that to let out a scream. She rushes over to the person and sees that it's Daniel, "Daniel!?! DANIEL?! Ohmygosh, Daniel, are you alright?!? Daniel! Wake up!" She gently pats the side of this face, then a little harder. She also inspects the metal embedded in him as she does, " gonk Ohmygosh, Daniel!! What happened?! crying "

Nurses and orderlies down the hall hear her shriek.

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:08 pm

Danel's eyes shoot open as he throws himself backwards off the bed and onto his feet.

"WHAT?! WHERE?! Huh?"

For a moment he quickly looks back and forth at the room around him. Finally his eyes settle on Dame, and a light of recognition dawns in his eyes.

"Dame? Wait a minute, this is your room. No wonder I though it looked familiar. Sorry bout this really, and I know you've heard me say this before, but this isn't what it looks like. I can explain. Sort of. I think. See I was just doing what you suggested, with the bar and such. And then there was this ferret, but that's not too important, cause then I, uh, I...and, I, um. Dame, are you alright? Why are you looking at me like that?"
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:15 pm

crying "Daniel!!!" she exclaims through tears, "Why the hell do you have...what the hell...DANIEL THERE IS METAL IN YOUR BACK! crying Are you alright?!?" She grabs his arm, ready to march him to a nurse, "I'll get you help, Daniel!! crying "

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games