Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:41 am
dame is reduced to a girlish fit of giggles at Daniel's actions, a slight flush gracing her cheeks. She belts out a hoop at Daniel saying the machine is making him look crazy. She knows that one all too well. She shakes her head and gently grabs his hands, placing one on her waist, the other in her hand, standing about a foot apart or so. She places her other hand on his shoulder, "I know all too well about electronics being a pain in the keister. They really shall be the death of us all."

As she's talking, just as she thought he would, he starts gently leading her around the room, she smiles to herself and continues, "Ya know, my computer hates me all the time. For no good reason. 3nodding I could have never built a contraption such as that. 3nodding I did good to take my N64 controllers apart and put them back together in a working fashion. No, the only thing I can take apart and put back together without any kinks is my sniper rif... eek redface Er...um...so," she clears her throat, "what made you decide to come on this crazy adventure, Dan?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:57 pm
Amy sighed in frustration. "Oh..."

She watched Kits under the table for a few moments and then looked back up at Karrie with a small smile.

"So... you noticed the counters? I had them put in today. They're granite. I remember you saying while we were on Mackinac Island how much you've wanted granite counter tops for awhile. I hope you like them..."

She was blushing slightly and smiling somewhat nervously.  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:47 pm
Daniel almost jumped when dame took his hands, as it was he did flinch enough to drop the iPad onto the dresser. It landed with a slight clatter, and the screen flickered one last time before freezing halfway covered with static and rotated slightly off center. He looked between the now busted pad and Dame, seemingly unsure of what to do. When Dame places his hand on her waist, he started to blush and fidget slightly. He opened his mouth as if to say something, but could only manage a barely audible squeak, which in turn only served to deepen the blush quickly taking hold of his face. One seemingly incongruous thought that flashed through Daniel's mind was that in the space of just a handful of minutes, Dame had managed to render him speechless twice. As Dame took his other hand in hers, everything blurred and muted, except for her.

Dame leaned towards him with only the slightest of pressure, and though his mind seemed to have gone to auto-pilot, something in him knew what to do. Sub-consciously, Daniel moved his feet slowly and carefully to the rhythm. Consciously, he couldn't tear his gaze from Dame, and tried hard to swallow the lump forming in his throat. Dame continues to talk, but he can barely hear her. Feelings from the back of his mind, something that felt as if a deep memory. He spun her to the lively music, her long, bright red hair flowing behind her like a trail of fire. Daniel blinked. The music was still slow, and he was not spinning Dame. Dame doesn't have red hair. Dame blushed for moment, apparently at something she had said, though Daniel still hadn't heard. She came down the hall, her emerald dress shimmering in the evening light. The slight grin on her lips showing that she knew full well the effect she had on him. Daniel shook his head slightly, and let go a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. What was that? No wait, what was that? A question?

"So, what made you decide to come on this crazy adventure, Dan?"

Daniel blinked to himself, the flashes of whatever he had seen already fading from the grasp of his feeble memory. In its place, the nervousness and uncertainty flooded back onto Daniels's features. It took a moment for his brain to catch up and process the question.

"Huh, ah, what? Oh, oh yes, adventure. Well, I...uh I, um...well to be really truthful, I don't know. Really. Um...yes."

Daniel cleared his throat and tried to swallow, neither of which went exactly as he hoped. All he managed to do was slightly choke himself, which in turn made him cough, which he tried to contain. All of which made him lose focus on what he was doing and his step fumbled slightly. He tried to smile, but it didn’t look very convincing.

“Heh, sorry.”  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:26 pm
(( rofl Glad dame can help shake loose some of those repressed memories. wink ))

dame smiles congenially at him and softly and gently lets go of his hands as the song ends. dame pats him kindly on the cheek and chuckles, "That's quite alright. Well then," she says, crossing over to her bed and plopping down cross-legged, "What shall we do now that the contraption has met its end?"

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:45 pm
As Dame walked away to sit Daniel cleared his throat again, a little more successfully this time, and gave hsi head a slight shake. Walking over to the mass of electronics, he could still hear the last soft pops of static fading away. The lights on all the devices were beginning to dim as well, and Daniel knew he had used up the battery completely. He began sifting through the pile, slowly pulling things apart.

"Well, I supose I'm going to have to return all this stuff. I should be able to get the phones back together, and maybe the coffee maker. The toasters are done for I'm afraid, as is this poor computer. Sorry little guy, didn't mean to hit you so hard."

As he talks, Daniel continues to toss the components onto the bed behind him to be packed up.

"The battery is completely drained, though someone with a charger can probably fix that. But I fear the owner of the gum shant want this back."

Holding up the wad of gum and wrappers, now a mostly dark brown with a few blackened spots, Daniel walks over to drop it in a waste basket. That done, he begins pulling the mangled wire hangers out of he ceiling tiles, bundling them up as he goes. Finally he sits down and begins stuffing everything back into the pillow cases. Once they're full he stands and dusts his hands off.

"Well, that's it for those. They made it fun for a while. And, on a less than exhuberant note, this is it for me as well I'm afraid. Sorry to be such a downer ending."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:25 pm
dame watches in amusement as Daniel takes apart his contraption and talks. She laughs at his quip about the gum. She smiles as he finishes and continues listening.

At his last statement, she jumps to attention, back straight and hands holding the bed as she sits, eek "What?!" Confusion and shock plaster her face, "What do you mean this is it for you? sad confused "

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:52 pm
Daniel looks a little abashed at Dame's response, knowing now that perhaps he could have done that better. He fiddled with the pillow cases, though they were packed fine, casuing the contents to shift and rattle. Finally, when he had the words right, he took a deep breath. Though he couldn't bring himself to look her in the eye.

"It would appear that I have nothing for this place to keep me here. I'm neither deranged, imbalanced, depressed, or in need of emotional assistance. I'm simply an obnoxiously annoying fellow, with a shoddy memory, and apparently more good looks than common sense. Which of course, considering what little looks I have, begs the question of how I haven't yet burned downed the universe."

Daniel sighed. The feeling of confusion was returning. He so very much wanted to go out there and wander, to see what fantastic things awaited him there. But now he didn't want to go, though he couldn't put his finger on exactly why. And counter to what he had hoped, this evening had only muddied the waters. Looking up at Dame finaly, his eyes seemed lost and far away, shadowed in the dark of the room.

"I'm to be transferred to a homeless shelter. Where I don't know, but probably somewhere in the city. There, I will be aided and helped, and whatever other means of babying they consider necessary. I don't know Dame. None of this seems right now. I don't know why, but suddenly I don't know why I'm here."

He fidgets with his hands before standing.

"Sorry to ruin the mood. But hey, maybe when you get out of here, we could finally go on that adventure, huh?"

Daniel tries to smile, but it seems all too forced, and it doesn't quite reach his eyes.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:36 pm
dame nods sadly, "I understand, I suppose. Always good to not have anything wrong with your noggin, eh?" She shifts on the bed until her legs are hanging off, toes just brushing the floor, "Well then." She smiles up at him, "^_^ I'm happy for you, Daniel. I'm glad you get to get out of here and make a life for yourself. Oh!" idea dame gets an idea and reaches over to her bedside table, opening the top drawer and pulling out her journal. She rummages around a moment more for a pen. Then she opens it up to a random page and scribbles down a name and an address, ripping the page out. dame clicks the pen, closes the journal and puts them both away.

Standing, she goes over to Daniel, scrap paper proffered to him, "This is the address for the MW, Most Wanted Bar, I am a lady there. Tell them I sent you and that you seek a job. Or at least aid. If they don't have anything suitable at the MW, they can probably show you around and find something for you. Actually," she pauses, index finger to her lip, "Ask them if they wouldn't mind showing you around. 3nodding "

She pauses, "I mean...you can still come visit...right? After you get settled and get a job and everything..." dame trails off, looking at the floor.

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:58 pm
((Looks like Daniel found his voice again. xd ))

Daniel cautiously reaches out to take the paper, looking over the information written there, though it makes little sense to him. He hefts it with a slight smile before stuffing it in his pocket.

"Uh, sure. I mean, no harm in trying I suppose. But I mean, a job? Obviously I can't recall ever having one, but for some reason I don't strike me as the sort that would be able to hold down a job. Or even get one in the first place. Though I guess anything is better than being stuck in a homeless shelter."

Daniel starts to lift the pillow cases, but then puts them back down, a look of new determination showing in him. Turning to Dame he places his hands on her shoulders firmly.

"I promise that I'll visit, if they allow that sort of thing, but only if you make a promise in return. And even though they're kicking me out for being sane, this is probably going to sound a little crazy. When I'm around you I, ah I don't know, feel something is probably the best way to put it. Only I'm not sure what the something is. And every now and then, when I see you out of the corner of my eye, I feel as if I can almost see something about you."

Almost for emphasis, Daniel glances briefly over Dame's left shoulder, a flicker of contemplation across his face. He turns back to Dame, his jaw set and his eyes deep.

"I don't know what it is, but I think something deep down in me wants to protect it. That's why I think I have been so hard up to be entertaining, or why I kept trying to convince you leave. And why lately, I haven't wanted to leave. So you have to promise me, that however long you feel you need to be here, and no matter whatever may happen, that you will stay free.”

Daniel reaches up with a finger and softly taps at Dame’s temple.

“Up here I mean. Whoever you are now, the woman that I randomly met a week ago, has to stay. Sure you change your outlook or how you present yourself to the world all you want, but don't let anyone or anything change your core. Like I said, I don’t know why, but I know. It’s the only thing I know that I do know for certain. So can you promise that?”  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:18 am
((I hope you don't mind Sparks, I need to move time forward.))

The rest of the week had passed pretty unceremoniously since that odd night in which Daniel had told dame he was going to be released. She had seen him once more since that night they danced in her room, amazed they hadn't been caught with the racket they were making.

dame missed him, sometimes, and thought of him a couple of times a day, her feelings always troubled after she does. Left feeling weird and off-put by the last thing he told her. He hadn't creeped or weirded her out any time before then. But that night, she had certainly quickly agreed to his weird promise, ushered him out of the room after giving him an awkward hug goodbye, claiming she needed sleep. She had also promised to see him before he left, and she kept good on that promise.

Now every time she thought of his parting words she got chills. confused Now Friday, nothing had really happened since then aside from the institution's normal: outside time, meal times, sessions, leisure time, free time, group meetings, etc. etc.

dame was currently in one of the quiet rooms lounging on a couch, journal open, pen poised in hand, staring out the big bay windows at the sprawling grounds of the place.

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:50 am
*She drives for quite some time and follows her GPS on her iphone to the exact location of Three Rivers. A very tranquil place out in the middle of nowhere. She drives up to the overhang and stops at the glass front doors squinting to see if she can peer inside the lobby from the car. Unsuccessful, she drives to the parking lot and pulls into a space marked "Visitor" and gets out of the car. She grabs her handbag and the letter for Dame concealed in her signature black envelope and sealed with blood red wax imprinted with a custom seal made specifically for her.

As she walks up to the front doors she looks around and notices how tranquil it is out here. Peaceful and well kept and she is pleased to see that the building and facilities are so nice. She would have had a complete fit and raised hell with these people if this place were anything but top notch for Dame. User Image

She walks into the front doors and up to the receptionist. The lobby is very nicely done and not as sterile or clinical as she had anticipated. Quite pleased to see this, she grins as she goes up to the receptionist. Excuses me. I'm a friend of DameCharlie's. *She receptionist looks at her and cheerfully greets her. Welcome to Three Rivers. *She starts typing very fast and looking at her computer monitor.* I'm sorry, Ma'am, but DameCharlie isn't allowed to have visitors yet. sweatdrop *She eyes Psyzapp and her attire as Psyzapp sighs and a look of slight sadness can be seen on Psyzapp's face. I understand. Could you please just see that she gets this? *She hands the woman the black envelope.* Just tell her that everyone wishes her well and we hope she finds what she is searching for. User Image

*The receptionist nods and with that, she turns and walks out of the building a bit slower than when she went in, looking down at the ground and trying to fight he urge to weep. She gets into her car, tries to get a grip and speeds off.*  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:20 am
The receptionist watches feeling slightly guilty about having to tell the nicely dressed lady that she couldn't visit her friend. She sighs and looks down at the envelope. It has Miss Charlie's name on the outside and not much else except sealing wax. She sighs again and decides to personally deliver the envelope. She saw Miss Charlie just earlier going into one of the lounges.

The lady walks over and into the room, pausing a few feet into it, "Miss Charlie...?" she asks in a soft voice.

dame looks up, "Yes, ma'am?" she says, giving a polite smile.

The receptionist holds out the envelope, "This was brought for you just a few minutes ago."

"Oh? confused " dame rises to her feet and walks over to the woman, taking the envelope and looking it over. It is all black with a red wax seal and looks kind of ominious. "Um...thank you..." she continues staring at the envelope, studying it to figure out who it could be from. The seal seems somewhat familiar but she can't place it...dame looks back up at the lady, "Thank you, ma'am. I appreciate it." She gives her another smile. The lady nods and goes back to the front desk. dame returns to the couch and slides a finger underneath the fold, breaking the seal.

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:26 am
Letter to Dame from Psyzapp
Dear DameCharlie,

I do hope this letter finds it's way to you expeditiously and that you are settling well into your new surroundings. As I write to you, my heart is heavy. You are so young and have so much going for you. I want you to know your recovery and mental well being are important to me.

Since your arrival at MW, a great many things have happen to you. Sadly, I have watched as circumstances have pulled you down to the point you actually had to commit yourself. I had no idea you were that far gone from us and I can't help but feel responsible. The MW Ladies and I had taken you under our wing, trying to befriend you and expose you to a life and surroundings you didn't desire in the first place. You came to us under false pretenses and despite this I have tried my best to welcome you with open arms. Perhaps you were put in situations and instances you could have avoided had it not been for MW. I should have seen the signs and been more aware. So young to endure such stresses, violence and life tragedies. I cannot sit as a spectator and watch as you spiral into the recesses of your own personal hell due to me or MW.

I will see to it all of your things carefully packed up and delivered to your former apartment. After you have fully recovered, you can start your life anew. A fresh start and clean slate for you to be able to be the woman you desire to be. To live and be happy. Free from all the trappings MW has brought to your doorstep. I wish you all of my best and sincerely hope you can find it in your heart to forgive my blindness.

Godspeed Dame,
Psyzapp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:53 am
dame opens the letter and the first thing she sees is that it's typed. neutral Odd. She quickly looks down to see who its from. "Psy? Odd...why is it typed? I wonder if it's information about my case," she nods, "Yes, it must be, that's probably how she found me too. Harv knows where I am. ^_^ sweatdrop I hope it's not bad news." She settles back to read it.

dame's face becomes more and more troubled as she reads the letter, panic starting to take hold. She grips the letter so tight it starts crumpling.

By the end she can barely breathe, she starts hyperventilating. She is in so much shock she can't move...all the tension builds and suddenly she starts wailing. Nurses and orderlies burst in alarmed.

crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

They try to calm her down, blind with fury she fights them off, jumping to her feet and taking a defensive pose, glaring them all down, her gaze settling on the letter that has fluttered to the floor. The staff members are very uneasy about that gleam in her eye and back up a few feet. dame rips her hand into her pocket and whips out her cell phone. Hot angry tears are pouring down her face that she can hardly see to scroll through the list of contacts.

Finally she finds the number to the MW and pushes call. She waits fuming and crying, orderlies wondering why she has a cell phone.

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:08 am
dame slams the phone shut and flings it across the room, thankfully it bouncing off a couch before landing on the floor. She sinks to her knees and starts shaking and rocking, reduced to sobs and heaves. The scary look in her eye is gone and one nurse runs to get the doctor. Another slowly approaches and sits beside dame, speaking in hushed soothing tones, trying to calm her down. The nurse puts an arm tentatively around dame and gently rubs her shoulder. After a few long moments, dame finally caves and buries her face in the nurse's side. The lady's heart breaks and she wraps both arms around her, shushing her and trying to calm her.

crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk crying crying  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games