Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:20 pm
User Image
Not sure what my high school's show is going to be, but it sounds like my band director is set on the opener, at least. I'll have to go watch the band when I'm not busy.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:13 am
I know one of our shows next year might be thriller. yay college band!

I want a DCI corp to do a Beatles show, it would be awesome.  

Tubariffic
Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:55 pm
User Image
I won't be doing college band, but I'll be sure to attend the home games to at least see what the band's up to. I swear, band is the only reason that I became interested in football games. I still can't say that I know a ton about the sport though. ^^;;;

Oh, and I'd like to see a Star Wars show. :3

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:49 pm
yes starwars! Get hunsberger's symphonic band arrangement on the field. Greatest music ever. We read all of it for kicks after we used imperial for our march. The forest battle is hard, and the main theme has crazy rhythms in the bass line.  

Tubariffic
Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:02 pm
User Image
Sounds awesome. :3

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:22 am
Yeah, it does.

If we ever did a Star Wars show, there'd be tons of secret fans in our stands.

We have so many Star Wars fans in our band and at our school, most likely lurking in the hallways as normal people...that'd be insane.

At the community yard sale yesterday, fellow band member was selling a Darth Vader helmet, another tried it on, and a third bought it for himself. XDD  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:31 pm
User Image
I wish I could've seen that. XD I own two light sabers, but I'm not a hardcore Star Wars fan. I just think it's cool, but it's not one of my obsessions, persay.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:15 pm
I would so have gotten a video of the senior on a 10-year old's bike, with another senior with his own daisy umbrella arguing over who should ride it.
And then the freshman running over to take the bike back to his sale, but the senior trying to run him down. XDD

But I forgot my camera 'cause it was raining. -_-
At that point, it wasn't, and the umbrella was still up. XD  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:16 pm
User Image
I have a picture on my phone of a tuba player with his tuba bell over his head. It was great, everyone was getting shots of that. XD

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:49 pm
Wow.

Wish I'd gotten a picture of one of our clarinet players on Halloween when he dressed up as...well...
Basically he was a pimp Santa with devil horns. XDDD  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:33 pm
User Image
^^;;;

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:49 pm
...yeeeaahhh...

I think my band has more insanity than many due to hanging out with Hartmetz for basically 8 hours for two weeks straight through August. And like, six hours the third week of band camp.

XD We're all gonna be mental if H continues to make sarcastic jokes all the time.  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:13 pm
User Image
Our band camp schedules alternated between 9 and 12 hours for two weeks, excluding Sunday. Good ol' 9-5 and 9-9...

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:40 pm
Our schedule goes something like this:

August 11-August whatever: 9AM-5PM
August whatever - end of camp: 3PM-9PM

Or something like that.
I don't remember.
All I know is my birthday lies in the night camp week.
I think...last year's camp all felt like one big day after a while. XD
Even though we went home at night. Haha.  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:02 pm
User Image
We always had band camp in July, since schools starts back up in August. There's a mini camp before that (Typically in June or July, depending on the year), which is mainly for the new marchers and the people who are seeking out leadership positions. Percussion and guard get an additional camp to themselves the week before band camp, but all of the days are 9-5. I'm wanting to say that we've even gone as far as to having a few 9am-10pm days. I'm so glad that it was only for one season, because 12 hours was pushing it already.

Yeah, I know the feeling. It's hard enough to stay at school normally, but you have to see it so much over the summer and everything kind of runs together after a while. @.@ At least freshman have the luxury of getting familiar with the school before the rest of their class; I always thought that was pretty sweet.

Since my birthday's August 16th, I've always risked having my birthday on a marching band day, but it only happened once. If I wasn't a senior, it would be occurring on a Saturday practice this year. When the band was singing happy birthday to me and a guy who had the same birthday, it started pouring! What a good sign, eh? ^^;;;

Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games