Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Czidnoma

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:18 am
Brass Bell Doll
Likely nothing. If she was used to contributing to the home in a certain way and no longer is able to, she may be feeling that her value has been diminished and is taking it out on those around her.

I'm aware of that. It's why I've tried to be more sensitive to what she wanted. But I still feel used and manipulated, and I worry about what she's going to do without income and without my brother's and my income since she wants us both to leave. I sympathize with her frustration, but she has to let people take care of her for a while or it'll be her kids that suffer most and she herself may never be able to recover financially.  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:53 pm
I lost my job before I even started working?

I am quite angry with my university for rewarding work-study BEFORE scholarships, and then taking my work-study away A WEEK BEFORE I START WORKING because I am raking in scholarship cash (but am still paying out the butt for school).

This leaves me out of work, for probably most of the summer, unless my landlady pulls through and helps me get a job using her networking ninja skills.

Secretly, though, I'm glad I am not working half-days filling in spreadsheets at the University's budget office. If I can get a job at another farmer's market or on a local farm... *wishes*  

aoijea23487

Czidnoma

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:55 pm
o.o Good luck! Will hope the farmer's business around you does well so that you can get the work you want. smile  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:52 pm
Heheheh.
For my birthday, I forgot that I couldn't dance.
It seems that bit of knowledge, the internalization of it at least, is a permanent casualty.
I may not become more by doing less, but I certainly have become more by getting rid of clutter.
This is shaping up to be a good decade for me.  

Fiddlers Green

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:39 pm
this is why i refuse to get excited about anything. stressed  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:38 pm
"Wow, this is a really fun game for you. Well, this clearly says a lot about you".

I got this as a response to an anonymous missed connection I posted recently.

I'm timid in real life, so it would be quite awkward and I haven't gotten the courage to ask someone out. Is that sort of response just what I need to just give up? gonk sweatdrop  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:49 pm
sigh. My prayer beads have gone missing. A victim of the move, I suppose.  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:05 pm
Illiezeulette

I am quite angry with my university for rewarding work-study BEFORE scholarships, and then taking my work-study away A WEEK BEFORE I START WORKING because I am raking in scholarship cash (but am still paying out the butt for school).

This leaves me out of work, for probably most of the summer, unless my landlady pulls through and helps me get a job using her networking ninja skills.

Secretly, though, I'm glad I am not working half-days filling in spreadsheets at the University's budget office. If I can get a job at another farmer's market or on a local farm... *wishes*

The other day I wrote a carefully worded email of disappointment with the University's system, which prompted them to fly at top speed and secure me the exact same job outside of a work-study context. So I am formally (re)employed.

Lesson: Don't be afraid to fight for something.  

aoijea23487

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:22 am
Illiezeulette
Illiezeulette

The other day I wrote a carefully worded email of disappointment with the University's system, which prompted them to fly at top speed and secure me the exact same job outside of a work-study context. So I am formally (re)employed.

Congratulations!  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:50 pm
Not really a personal sadness, as I cannot say I knew the man, but relatively influential among metal vocalists guy Ronnie James Dio has left the building as of about 8am this morning, after a battle with stomach cancer. I've got a number of friends this upsets intensely, so I'm more feeling for them and his family than feeling the loss of the man directly...but yeah.

Bye Ronnie. It was fun while it lasted.  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:11 pm
Byaggha
Not really a personal sadness, as I cannot say I knew the man, but relatively influential among metal vocalists guy Ronnie James Dio has left the building as of about 8am this morning, after a battle with stomach cancer. I've got a number of friends this upsets intensely, so I'm more feeling for them and his family than feeling the loss of the man directly...but yeah.

As you were, I was

I didn't even know til about 20 minutes ago that Ronnie James Dio died. I loved that man, he was an awesome singer and the world/music won't be the same without him.

As I am, you will be

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:48 pm
Byaggha

Dio died?!.... he invented the rock on sign, man, what the crap?! crying crying crying  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:24 pm
Brass Bell Doll
Illiezeulette
Illiezeulette

Congratulations!

Ditto! 'Tis a very good lesson, indeed.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:00 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Dio died?!.... he invented the rock on sign, man, what the crap?! crying crying crying
Sort of funny thing about that - when MSNBC finally picked up on the story, the photo they used was him throwing up the horns. It made a number of devastated people grin, regardless of their hurt.  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:24 am
I've been somewhat amazed by the number of people I know who were (in some way) affected by Dio's death. Definitely a sad day in the world of music. sad  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games