Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:32 pm
dame half feels half stumbles to the door, clothes and hair rumpled, almost tripping over the bed sheet as it is tangled around her ankle. She kicks at it for a few seconds, shaking her foot furiously to get the blasted thing off. Finally she does and by this point she is grumbling under her breath wonder why the hell they haven't just come in. stressed "I'm coming! I'm coming, jimney cricket, can't a girl get some rest around here?

dame reaches out and gets more and more irritated as the knocking grows more and more insistant. "What the...what do you want?!" mad scream she asks as she flings open the door to find Daniel standing there, knocking furiously. "Dan...daniel? What are you doing?" confused neutral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:49 pm
Daniel looked somewhat startled when the door opened, though less by Dame’s outburst before she opened the door or the confused look on her face after. The slightly crazed grin popped onto his face as he saw her, and relief seemed to over him briefly.

“Ah, good. Right room. Now, in-in-in.”

Daniel waved his free at Dame to get her to back up slightly before spinning back to the hall. He glanced up and down the hall before closing the door quickly but softly. He looked as though that was it, but then turned back to the door for a moment. He slowly cracked the door open just enough to peek out briefly, and then just as slowly closed it back. Finally, he came into the room, the misshapen bundle on his back rocking and creaking. He pointed over at the made bed.

“Not using that one I take it?”

Daniel very gently lowers the bundle onto the bed, and then looks around in the darkened room.

“Wow. Two beds? And actual drawers and stuff. And furniture in general. I have for walls and a plastic table. Very hard to do anything in there. And you can open your door too? Huh, hadn’t thought of that earlier. Ah well, I’m here now!”

And with that, Daniel upends what is now apparent as two pillow cases onto the bed, with none of the care that he had been using previously. The clattering noise seemed deafening in the quiet of night, but he didn’t seem to notice. Out of the pillow cases spilled all manner of electrical devices, many already in various states of disassembly. A coffee pot, two small toasters, a remote control, a curling iron, at least a dozen cell phones of various makes, three digital watches, and what looks to be an iPad in less than intact condition. In addition to the devices, there also appear to be an extension cord, a pile of wire hangers, and what could only be a car battery. Once all is spilled out, Daniel begins moving many of the appliances and devices over to the free space on Dame’s dresser.

“Oh this is gonna be fun. See, I started working on them as I went. Helped pass the time while I was looking for some of the extras.”

Daniel shakes some of the devices to show Dame as works, to emphasize his word.

“And wow, this stuff is amazing. I mean, did you know that they put electronic circuits in, like, everything now? I mean, it’s a smörgåsbord of goodies out there. I mean look how small these phones are, and this!”, Daniel waves the iPad in front of him, loose wires and ribbon wire tape waggling, “This is a computer for crying out loud. Confused the hell out of me at first. What with the picture of an apple on it, and I mean only one button? Thought it was cutting board or something. But wow, I mean, it’s all come a long way.”

Throughout his rambling, Daniel continued to move devices, hook wires together, and even begin stringing wire hangers into a zigzag pattern. Never slowed by the sleepy stunned look of Dame still near the door.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:09 pm
Amy just about melted when Kits cuddled close to her. She had such soft fur and was so sweet!

"Do you want some milk? I can get you a saucer of milk..."

She stood up from the chair, holding Kits next to her, and started to go to one of the cupboards to get a saucer out.

"Kits is so freaking adorable as a cat..."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:32 pm
dame raises an eyebrow as he just comes in and takes over the extra bed and some of her dresser. stressed "Daniel!" she hisses, "What the hell are you doing?!" stressed She irritatedly smoothes her hair back and gathers it over one shoulder, twisting to keep it in place somewhat. The girl takes a few deep breaths, going to her bed to pick up the sheet and throw it back on top while calming down. "Daniel! How can you even see in this darkness? stressed Why do you have all manner of electronics! mad " she stomps over to the bed where he has strewn all the gadgets.

She looks at them in dismay and with a face that says 'this is ridiculous'. "Daniel, why have you decimated all these things? Don't you think someone's gonna miss them?" She looks them over again, "Especially that car battery, these cell phones and that Ipa... eek ". She snatches a cell phone in mid-sentence, "Where did you ge- you didn't destro- Daniel! gonk Please tell me you haven't touched this one! gonk crying " She starts to turn it on, panic obvious in her face.

"Come on, baby...come on..." she coaxes the cell phone, rubbing it slightly as it takes its sweet time trying to come on. Finally a ball comes onto the screen and swirls around. "Yes! Come on, keep it up..." As soon as the background comes up, she knows it is hers. "Oh my god, baby!" she hugs the cell phone to her chest and glares slightly over at Daniel, "Ya know, I might have killed you if this had been damaged, mister." She smiles down at the picture of the gruff looking man, eyes calculating and cool, features dark and handsome. He looks frightening and off-put that someone is taking a picture of him, however, if you look closely, you can see the faint trace of a smile gracing the corner of his lips. Her grin gets wider as she looks at it and she pulls it back closer to her, nose pressing against the screen whee before she gives the screen a quick peck and pulls it back, "Hey there, Flame. I miss you, baby. ^_^"

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:07 pm
Daniel hums to himself as he continues wiring stuff together. At dame’s sudden panic he does stop moving for a moment, a look of uncertainty on his face. When she calms and more soothed, he smiles again.

“Oh, that one, nah. Didn’t know it was yours honest, but it’s a little too integrated, if you know what I mean. Can’t do much externally with it is all. But some of these, these obviously older ones, they’re perfect. And don’t worry, even if their missed I can just put them all back together.”

Dropping the now partial reassembled iPad back on the bed, Daniel pulls out a pack of gum, and then proceeds to unwrap and stuff all five pieces into his mouth. Chewing the large wad of gum as best he can, he continues talking as he starts leaping in the air sticking the wire hanger construction into the ceiling tiles.

“But that’s only downside to all this fancy though isn’t it, the integration. All these little bits and pieces getting smaller and smaller, and before you know it you need a machine to operate the machine that is putting your machine together. Makes personal customization a thing of the past. Well, modification I guess you say. Well, maybe hijacking. Whatever.”

Leading the wire connected to hangers down to the construction on the dresser, he ties to one end of a gum wrapper. From his jury-rigged device he pulls another wire, and attaches it to one end of another gum wrapper. Finally, giving his gum a few last vigorous chews, he pulls the gooey mess from his mouth. Then, he places one of the wired wrappers on either side of the gum-mass, which he in turn lays on top of the coffee maker’s heating plate.

“But we can still make do, am I right? One low density, variable capacitor, if a bit of a finicky one. And one last touch.”

Twisting some of the toaster coils that he had prepped earlier one last time, he plugged one of the toasters into the wall outlet, and the other was wired to the car battery. As he did, the entire contraption, which had used all but four of the cell phones and a watch, came on, lighting the room in a dim electric glow. The iPad’s screen flickered a moment, then settled on a screen that showed a series of strange symbols, in a ten by ten grid.

“And, ta-da!”  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:15 pm
*looks offended by the way she's being held and starts wiggling to get down*  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:07 pm
neutral "...And just what the hell is that, Daniel?" she asks, hands on her hips, phone in her pocket.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:55 am
Daniel’s excited smile slid into a look of confused surprise. He gestured at the monstrosity of metal and power that he had strewn over the dresser and ceiling.

“It’s…well, it’s a music…thingy. I mean, I know it doesn’t look like much, but…okay so it looks like something you might pull from a scrap pile. But, I bet no scrap pile reject can do what this baby can do.”

Snatching up the iPad, Daniel begins rapidly tapping at the grid of symbols that appear on the screen. Every now and then the display flickers with a wave of static, but to no apparent ill effects. Daniel continues tapping on the screen, a look of intense concentration sometimes floating across his eyes. After a few seconds, he finishes, and looks back up to Dame.

“Prepare to be entertained, my dear friend.”

Pushing a single key that had lit on the screen, all the other device lights grow in intensity, and then begin a patterned pulsing. Almost immediately the lights are accompanied by music, emanating from the many speakers present in the device. The music comes across clearly, and of a much better quality than such a setup would seem capable of. Daniel spreads his hands in front of him, the smile again spreading his face.

“Ah? Ahhh? What’d I tell you? Fun and entertainment will not be contained. Ha-hah!”

Dropping the iPad onto the bed, Daniel begins dancing around to the music, waving at Dame to join.

“C’mon. Come onnn! It’s fun. It lifts the spirit and inspires the soul.”

Cutting loose, Daniel looks to be the happiest he’s been since his arrival.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:26 am
eek ... neutral ... confused ... eek .... rofl

dame has a myriad of emotions cross her face - shock, confusion, disbelief, and at last, settling on amusment. She stands there in a shock for a few brief seconds before letting out a hearty laugh. She quickly picks up the beat and grabs Daniel's hand, cutting a rug and beginning to do the Jitterbug with him. xd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:18 pm
As the song winds down, Daniel slows to catch his breath.

"Whoo! What'd I tell you? Not even this dreary place can keep you down when you've got music."

Snapping up the Pad again, Daniel types in another set of symbols. There is a brief shifting of static and distortion, and there is some sort of speech almost audible in the mess, but just as quickly the static dies away and the music kicks in again. As the tune starts up, Daniel looks like it wasn't quite what he was looking for, but soon enough he is moving his feet in time.

"And of course, the night is still young."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:37 pm
Kits Rose
*looks offended by the way she's being held and starts wiggling to get down*

Amy looked down at Kits in confusion and then set her on the kitchen floor. "What'd I do?"

She looked at Kits and then at Karrie, completely confused.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:54 pm
A slow smile froms on dame's face as she recognizes the song and makes her body very rigid, giving a mock salute. Once the song starts really going, she sends the salute off and then does some fancy footwork while snapping her fingers. After a few seconds she starts singing the song as well as dancing like a 40's "Army Nurse" from a black and white flick she had watched when she was younger. Her face lights up as she boogies and dances, swinging Daniel around every once and a while, bending and wagging her finger, shoulders, and hips in sync.  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:59 pm
*darts under the table, sitting near Karrie's feet*  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:23 pm
Daniel dances lively with Dame, keeping up and showing some moves himself. When the song finally winds down, there is some brief applause form the speakers, but this slowly fades into a soft static as the device again loses audio. Daniel seems completely content, and plops down on the spare bed, breathing heavily from the dancing. For a while, it seems the dancing has done what nothing else could, as Daniel is silent as he sits there except for a slight chuckling emanating every now and then. Finally he picks up the Pad and stands once more.

"Okay, okay. One more. Just one more, to which I shall throw everything I got into it. And I think I know just the thing."

Daniel begins typing on the Pad, then raises an eyebrow as the screen flickers heavily. He tries again, but only gets a few key strokes in before the screen goes completely fuzzy.

"Ah, come on. I said just one more."

Giving the Pad a slight whack on the side, Daniel frowns as nothing happens. He looks over construction, and pokes at one of his connections. He is rewarded with a loud pop and a big jolt, which sends his arm jerking back at him.

"Whoa! Ow! Ow, ow. Okay, that part's good, don't touch that one again."

After a moment or two of scanning, he reaches down to his bubble-gum component and squeezes, forcing the two wrapper strips closer together. As he does, the screen of the Pad clears up slightly.

"There we go. Okay, looks like one more may be all I can squeeze out of this thing. So let's try this."

Daniel quickly types in a series of symbols and hits execute. The screen flickers and flashes at him, and in response, he whacks the back of it against the bubble-gum component. Quite hard. The static becomes louder, and Daniel begins hitting the side of the Pad with his hand. As he does, snippets of speech can be heard coming over the speakers.

"sssssssssssssssssssss..date which will live in infamy *WHACK* ssssssssss..was suddenly and deliberately attacked *WHACK* ssssssssss..Base here. The Eagle *WHACK* ssssssssssss..open this gate. Mr. *WHACK* sss..tear down this *WHACK* sssssssssssssssssssss."

When the machine finally goes back to a soft static, and the screen stops flashing and clears up, Daniel looks up at Dame with an embarrassed smile.

"Sorry about that. But what can you do? Anyway, this time I got it."

Hit one last button the static dies away and the music comes up. The look of shock and deeper embarrassment on Daniel's face makes it clear that he wasn't expecting the particular tune that came on. He begins a combination of furious typing and repetitive striking on the side of the iPad. Neither action appearing to have any effect, or on the iPad or the music that continues to play. Daniel turns away from Dame, certain that he must look a fool.

"Ah. Haha. Uh, one sec, I got this. Come on you stupid thing, not what I asked for. I'll have it off in just a tick, hang on. You stupid machine, you're making me look crazy."

*WHACK*  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:51 pm
*sighs* I should have warned you. She likes being held, but not carried around. *reaches down to pet Kits*  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games