Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:59 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                  ιтѕ jυѕт one oғ тнoѕe dayѕ wнere yoυ don'т wanт тo waĸe υp
                                                  everyтнιng ιѕ ғυcĸed, everyвody ѕυcĸѕ
                                                  yoυ don'т really ĸnow wнy, вυт yoυ wanт тo jυѕтιғy
                                                  rιppιn' ѕoмeone'ѕ нead oғғ

spaceJude didn't know what he was even doing here; he felt awkward and out of place, and wasn't all that enthused at the prospect of a team sport. He liked sports, but he wasn't exactly a people-person. But, this was just about the only option available to him in terms of organized activity, because like hell was he joining clubs. Official school sports were academically sanctioned, run by professors and a part of the official school setup. Clubs were social activities. He was not interested in social activities. Even if one of them did involve swords.

spaceStill, he needed something to do to work off all the nervous energy he'd had building since he came here. Uncle thought that Quidditch would be good for him. The old man had never played in an official capacity, so Jude could safely say this was not him trying to mold his nephew into some smaller version of himself. Since he'd been sorted into Duncan's house, that came as a small comfort. He didn't think he'd enjoy this all that much, but he was willing to give it a go, at least. Still, he felt awkward, filling out the form and handing it to the girl evidently in charge of the team. He wondered if she was nervous, too. He wondered if anyone was, or if it was just him. That wouldn't surprise him.

мy ѕυggeѕтιon, ιѕ тo ĸeep yoυr dιѕтance
                                                  caυѕe rιgнт now ι'м dangeroυѕ
                                                  we've all ғelт lιĸe ѕнιт and вeen тreaтed lιĸe ѕнιт
                                                  all тнoѕe мoтнerғυcĸerѕ тнaт wanт тo ѕтep υp
                                                  ι нope yoυ ĸnow, ι pacĸ a cнaιnѕaw - ι'll ѕĸιn yoυr aѕѕ raw

Username: Cara MiaKitty
                                                  Character's Name: Jude Cairn
                                                  House: Gryffindor
                                                  Year: First
                                                  Advanced Flying I: No
                                                  Advanced Flying II: No
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: None
                                                  Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Dang Healthy
                                                  First Choice Position: Whatever
                                                  Second Choice Position: Whatever

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

αnчthíng чσu cαn dσ, í cαn dσ вєttєr
                                                          í cαn dσ αnчthíng вєttєr thαn чσu
                                                          αnчthíng чσu cαn вє, í cαn вє grєαtєr
                                                          sσσnєr σr lαtєr í'm grєαtєr thαn чσu

spaceDixie Lynn was so excited for Quidditch! She was practically vibrating with her enthusiasm, surprising absolutely no one, she was sure. The first year full on sprinted the last stretch of space between herself and the captain, taking a form and filling it out as quickly as she could while keeping it at least semi-legible. She handed it to Talia with a flourish, then turned to look at the other Gryffindor's who'd shown up so far. Not a lot, which she was surprised about, but then again, she'd been pretty eager to get here, she was probably kinda early. What surprised her even more, though, was Jude's presence. Her prickly yearmate wasn't exactly someone she'd have expected to want to play Quidditch. She could barely even believe he was in Gryffindor, most days.

spaceKnowing he'd hate it, and not caring even a little, she bounded over to him, having just enough presence of mind to give him a personal bubble of space. He still didn't look happy with her intrusion, but oh well.
                                                          "Fancy seein' you here, stranger," she said, hands on her hips. "Gotta admit, didn't think you'd be into this kinda thing."

spaceHe glared. "I'm not."

spaceShe grinned.
                                                          "Why're ya here, then?"

spaceHe muttered something under his breath that she was 90% sure was a curse. Either the cussing kind, or the 'a pox on your family' kind, she wasn't sure. Then, louder, but still mumbled, "Uncle Duncan thought it was a good idea." He looked embarrassed, which didn't surprise her.

spaceShe didn't let it phase her.
                                                          "Your uncle sounds very wise and cool," she said, earning another glare. She shrugged. "What? Quidditch is great! You seem all, like. Broody and angry. Sports are good for that kinda stuff. What're you trying out for, like, for a position? Beater? I bet you'd be a decent beater."

spaceShe visibly saw his eye twitch. "I didn't specify," he said. "I don't know enough about it to pick one. Also, I don't care."

spaceHer eyes widened.
                                                          "Wait, lemme get this straight, yer tryin' out even though you've got no clue what's goin' on?" At his slow, reluctant nod, she cackled. "Ho boy! This is gonna be hilarious. I can't wait. May God have mercy on your soul, kid." He sputtered, but she ignored it, closing the distance between them a little to punch his arm playfully. "Ferreal, though, if ya got questions, I can answer 'em. We're gonna be a team, gotta look out for each other." He obviously didn't know what to say to this, staring at her like she'd grown a second head.

αnч nσtє чσu cαn rєαch, í cαn gσ híghєr
                                                          í cαn síng αnчthíng híghєr thαn чσu
                                                          αnчthíng чσu cαn wєαr, í cαn wєαr вєttєr
                                                          ín whαt чσu wєαr í'd lσσk вєttєr thαn чσu

Username: Cara MiaKitty
                                                          Character's Name: Dixie Lynn Walker
                                                          Years of Previous Quidditch playing: None
                                                          Any Special Skill: Dang Healthy, Good Arm, Mean Swing
                                                          First Choice Position: Beater
                                                          Second Choice Position: Chaser

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:54 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                                  I've got 𝔭𝔬𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔰 on the 𝖜𝖆𝖑𝖑
                                                                  My 𝓯𝓪𝓿𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝕣𝕠𝕔𝕜 group 𝒦𝐼𝒮𝒮
                                                                  I've
                                                                  ʇoɓ Ace 🄵🅁🄴🄷🄻🄴🅈
                                                                  ɘv'I got ₚₑₜₑᵣ Criss
                                                                  ฬคเՇเภﻮ there for ʍɛ

Kenna arrived on the pitch with a bounce in her step, and quickly filled out a form. She was hoping she might make first string this year, but she had a feeling it'd still be another year or so before that happened. Unlike Slytherin, it seemed every Gryffindor on the planet tried out for quidditch which made their reserves very full. She didn't mind tho. She knew she'd eventually be first string right?

Position:
                                                                  AC: 15
                                                                  Modifiers: +3 to swing
                                                                  Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
                                                                  Lives: [❤] [❤] [❤]
                                                                  Final Roll:

Username: Devlyn MayCry
                                                                  Character's Name: Mackenna Butler
                                                                  Year: Second
                                                                  Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
                                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
                                                                  Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
                                                                  Second Choice Position: Whatever You Need

𝐼𝓃 the ﻮᵃrαᎶᵉ
                                                                  I
                                                                  𝒻Ee𝔩 丂ÃF𝐄
                                                                  No
                                                                  𝑜NⒺ 𝕔𝒶𝓇es about my ω𝐚𝓎𝓢
                                                                  Where I
                                                                  BєĻØᑎg
                                                                  No one Ħε𝐀𝐑𝓈 me sing this Ş𝔬ή𝓰

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:59 pm
User ImageUser Image

I scream at myself when there's nobody else to fight
                                                                I don't lose, I don't win, if I'm wrong, then I'm halfway right

All you said to do was slow down
                                                                But I was already gone

Val skipped onto the pitch and immediately spotted her good friend Dixie Lynn, and her soon to be friend Jude... he just needed more prodding. Enough prodding would make anyone her friend obviously. She filled out a form before hopping over to join their conversation.

"Heya!" She grinned and waved as she bounced in place. "Aren't we all excited for tryouts? I'm trying out for seeker. I think that's got to be the coolest spot on the team. What about you guys? I think you'd both make bomb beaters! Dixie Lynn's got the eye for it, and Jude's got the brooding anger to go behind the swing!"

Position:
                                                                AC: 12
                                                                Modifiers: +2 to spot, +2 to catch
                                                                Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
                                                                Lives: [❤] [❤] [❤]
                                                                Final Roll:

Username: Devlyn MayCry
                                                                Character's Name: Valeria Diarmid
                                                                Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
                                                                First Choice Position: Seeker
                                                                Second Choice Position: Whatever You Need I guess

Told me, "Kid, you're going way too fast
                                                                You burn too bright, you know you'll never last"

It was bullshit then, I guess it makes sense now
                                                                Here I am, standing all alone

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:54 pm

User Image✶☁
DUANAIRE LIANE AINDRIAS-EVERA

second year || Gryffindor || halfblood
Art Club sketcher || Cooking Club snacker || Language Club appreciator || Quidditch reserve
irregular attendee of any club events

“And who is on the Montrose Magpies and what positions do they play?” Aire quizzed, walking with Harmony to the Quidditch pitch. She still didn’t have her own broom, but her mum had promised to buy both her and Harmony nice brooms next year.

“Good. you should be ready for tryouts. And when in doubt, just say ‘Montrose Magpies are the best’. Failing that, ‘Kenmare Kestrels kicks a**!’ That’ll win them over.” Sure there was no actual Quidditch Quiz, but this was a harmless joke. Plus it might even help! Imagine Harmony’s relief when she found out there was no quiz.

Now that they were on the pitch though, Aire quieted back down. There were more people than she expected. She didn’t know any of the first years--she’d stopped paying attention after Harmony’s sort early in the evening--but Harmony shared a room with some of them. She gave a quiet shrug in case Harmony would rather hang out with the other people.

Username: addaellis
Character's Name: Duanaire Aindrias-Evera
Year: 2
Advanced Flying I: currently taking
Advanced Flying II: next year
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Beater

Aire hesitated for a moment, then sneakily added "Favorite team:" to the bottom of a blank form before handing Harmony the form and pen. Prank in place, she found a spot next to Maya Masters--who was related to THE James Masters of the Montrose Magpies (!!!) as she'd found last year-- and started her stretches.

This in any case gave her a splendid view when Sparrow came hurtling onto the field. The older girl caught her breath, then approached Captain Talia: "Hihi Tally! First, Congratulations on Head Girl! Eeeeee! You're going to be marvelous! And second, I'm really really super sorry but I'm not trying out this year! I'm still going to be announcing--actually I'm probably taking over announcing? And if there's time I'd love to come by and practice announcing during practices! But otherwise I think Gryffindor team won't hurt for my not being here especially with all these new kids--HI NEW PEOPLE!-- so I guess I'm just here to officially resign but keep fighting! Win!"

Aire blinked at Maya and murmured quietly: "Is it bad I'm glad she's sticking to announcing?" The moment she said it, Aire snapped her mouth shut. Ahhh, what was she thinking?! She shouldn't have said anything, much less to Maya Masters! What if they were friends? What if Maya thought she meant that rudely? Yeah, shutting up and never saying another thing.

setting Quidditch Tryouts 2050 || with Gryffindor team
appearance 4'4", 85 lbs || wearing shirt and shorts outfit with warm leggings!
status I like Quidditch but this team is getting big.

@Steffy-- Link to the Quidditch teams just in case you wanted to have the roster but not hunt it down. Hope you don't mind that I implied a response! I can always edit too!

@Weasley-- Throwing Sparrow's thing onto here just because it would be 1129% in character for her to do this, but also I didn't want to make a separate post for her because she's not actually trying out.

@Gryffie-- Hope this works to start a conversation!
Position: reserve
Total roll: ## = ??

Stats:
Modifiers: +2 to spotting and catching the snitch
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
Lives: <3 <3 <3

Stefan Lee Salvatore

[quotex="The Forgotten Weasley"]
Miss GryffindorK

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Hope when you take that jump
You don't fear the fall
Hope when the water rises
You built a wall
Hope that you spend your days
But they all add up
And when that sun goes down
Hope you raise your cup
☁✶
~"I Lived" by One Republic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:08 am
User Image
                                                ╔══════════════════════════════╗
                                                Penelope Barrett
                                                Thirteen Years Old - Third Year - Gryffindor - Reserve Keeper - Halfblood
                                                Member of the Art of the Sword and Namaste

╚══════════════════════════════╝

Penelope walked onto the pitch, hoping to try out for chaser again although she had been getting better at playing Keeper since she made the reserve position for it for two years now. The thirteen year old filled out the form and handed it in to their captain before quietly slipping off to a corner to stretch. Although she knew most of the students on the team, she wasn’t particularly close with any of them even after all this time.

Position:
                                                Armour Class: 14
                                                Modifiers: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Great Catch
                                                Skills: (shooting +4) (stealing +4) (blocking +4)
                                                Total Roll:
                                                Lives: [1] [2] [3]
                                                Steal: > opponent’s AC
                                                Score: > opponent’s roll
                                                Block: > opponent's roll

Username: kiska166
                                                Character's Name: Penelope Barrett
                                                Year: Third
                                                Advanced Flying I: Yes
                                                Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
                                                Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Great Catch
                                                Second Choice Position: Keeper

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Everything was beautiful at the ballet
                                                And I was happy at the ballet

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:25 pm
User Image
Harmony Aindrias
First year Gryffindor

▬▬"We need, in every community, a group of angelic troublemakers."▬▬

Harmony walked next to Aire, holding a school broom. They didn't have their own brooms already, they didn't need them on the ship obviously, so why would they? But with both of them interested in quidditch (of course they were, with mr. Jackson being a diehard fan of quidditch) When Aire started quizzing Harmony she was prepared, this wasn't a new quiz, merely a review, unless they had changed players recently? Aire had been dead serious that there was a pop quiz before you could try out, but Harmony was ready for it. She answered back to Aire, "The Montrose Magpies, Keeper is Nikaru, no it's Hikaru Nakano. Beaters are Ellis and Rosales, Chasers are Macclellan and Bailey, and one day it's going to be Duanaire Aindrias-Evera or Harmony Aindrias rocking that third chaser spot." She grinned to her cousin, "And of course, the seeker is James Masters, one of the best seekers in the world if you believe Mr. Jackson, and who am I to say that he's wrong." Yes, Harmoyn would ace that quiz if there was one (not that there had been any mention of a quiz from the flyers that had been hanging up).

She took the form from Aire, filled it out (Copied all of Aire's answers) and returned it, before running back to Aire. The last question looked scribbled in, but maybe the form was used for all the teams and gryffindor had an off the record special question? Well Aire wasn’t a liae and Harmony knew her answer.

Sure, Harmony had hoped to talk to some other kids, but she trusted Aire, who knew about these others yet. Except for the one girl, Seagrave she was interested in befriending her. The hyper Gryffindor girl that Harmony had met once, and already wasn't a huge fan of, swung by about not doing quidditch, thank goodness Harmony wouldn't have to sit next to her for the game, that would have been the worst time ever. Aire spoke to a girl, she looked older than Aire, Harmony whispered to Aire, "Who's your friend Should she be my friend, foe, or next target?"

Username: Stefan lee Salvatore
Character's Name: Harmony Aindrias
Year:First
Advanced Flying I: no
Advanced Flying II: no
Any Special Skill: Swift Swipe, Good Arm, Deft Dodger
Favorite Team: Go Montrose Magpies!!!

▬▬"That's me, the angelic one. The Angelic Troublemakers, has a nice ring to it."▬▬

Position:
Modifiers: +2 shooting; +2 Stealing
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Good Arm, Deft Dodger
Lives: User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Roll: --
Trying to:

_____

_____

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:26 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Quidditch Pitch
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Teammates
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Gryffindor Tryouts
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I better make the frickin starting team this year

Maya watched fellow teammates filter onto the field including a certain someone that she totally wasn't crushing on. No way. She looked over as someone stood beside her, a second (or third?) year girl called Aire. She was another reserve, though for chaser. She had skill, Maya had to admit, though a bit more practice was always a good idea. Suddenly, another girl, Sparrow (who had also been a reserve chaser) hurried in, loudly greeting people and announcing a resignation for the team. That... sucked.

Suddenly, Aire spoke up, asking if it was bad that Sparrow opted for announcing. The question seemed to panic the younger girl, who looked almost upset at her own response. "Well, it depends. She was a pretty good chaser in her right. However, if you're going solely from an 'I want the next available spot on the team' stance, I don't think so. Plus Sparrow'll probably be pretty good. Anyone who can say 'Gryffindor wins!' is alright with me." She adjusted her ponytail, ready to get in the air. Maybe shortly. The very blue haired girl beside Aire was whispering to Aire, and Maya vaguely wondered if she should be worried. Oh well, she'd find out eventually.

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

AC: 18
          Modifiers: +8 {Spotting & Catching}
          Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
          Spotted: x/3
          Catching: x/2
          Total Roll:xx {xxxxxx}
          Lives: [✬] [✬] [✬]

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:22 pm

User Image✶☁

Art Club sketcher || Cooking Club snacker || Language Club appreciator || Quidditch reserve

Aire smiled a little when Harmony decided to stick with her. She made a little shrug about friend, or target. Everyone was a target. Aire didn't know whether to count Maya as a friend. A...teammate? That meant something right? She would have gotten overthought it very quickly but thankfully remembered the first part of the question:

Before she could introduce them though, Maya had replied! Ack! What was she going to reply with? Aire nodded seriously when Maya said Sparrow was a "pretty good chaser in her own right"-- if Maya Masters said it was so, it was just true, right? She shook her head when Maya said it was from a next available spot stance--oh no, Aire did not think she was a good chaser. Not yet. Like Harmony said. She'd eventually be a pro, but now was not then. Aire nodded again when Maya said Sparrow would be a good announcer. Yeah. Sparrow didn't seem to need to breath when speaking, which seemed like an important job for people doing the announcing.

She kept nodding until she realized Maya had stopped talking and then she introduced awkwardly, “Harmony, this is Maya Masters. Maya, this is Harmony, my crewmate--my cousin.” She nodded at Harmony, confirming yes, THE Masters. “Um....Yes? No, I'm just reserve. Wait, yes. Sparrow the Announcer can cheer for us when we win...loudly.”

Did she answer the question? Did Maya even ask a question? Quick, change the topic! “Um...so you're going to be the starting seeker this year, right? Since Eve graduated?”

status omg she talked to me

Position: reserve
Total roll: ## = ??

Stats:
Modifiers: +2 to spotting and catching the snitch

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Miss GryffindorK

You don't fear the fall
You built a wall
But they all add up
Hope you raise your cup
☁✶

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:34 pm
User Image
Eliza Ann Whitmore
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Gryffindor Third Year Reserve Beater
Twin Thirteen Year Old Seer

User Image
                                                  Location : Quidditch Pitch - Gryffindor Tryouts

Eliza Ann was more then ready to begin another year of Quidditch. Hopefully, this year she could get on the team. However, she’d first have to get down to the pitch. Today she was behind schedule. Usually she was one of the first on the field, today not so much. Rushing down broom in hand she was just grateful to be there before everything started. Grabbing a form, she quickly filled it out before fixing herself up. Her hair was a right fine mess and she her socks were all wonky.

Straightening herself up, Eliza scanned the field. Sparrow had decided playing Quidditch wasn’t her thing which, was a bit depressing. However, Eliza knew that Quidditch wasn’t for everyone. Luckily, she’d be in the announcing scene at least and that was at least something. They’d have other things to do together. Loads of classwork, she was sure.

Username: murruelecreuset
                                                  Character's Name: Eliza Ann Whitmore
                                                  Year: Third Year
                                                  Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: Two
                                                  Any Special Skill: Sharp Eyes, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
                                                  First Choice Position: Seeker

Company : Gryffindors

OOC :
                                                  Modifiers: +4 Spotting, +4 Hitting, +2 Catching, +2 AC
                                                  Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
                                                  Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life] [Life]

You're looking for adventure, eh?
                                                  Well then, I know just where to put you
                                                  Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:06 pm
User Image
Maxwell Elias Heulwen
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Gryffindor Fourth Year Reserve Chaser
Fourteen Year Old Half-blood Adopted

User Image
                                                  Location : Quidditch Pitch - Gryffindor Tryouts

Max simply put wanted to stop worrying about his brother. Phoenix would be fine even with what happened during the sorting. So, he panicked it was no big deal. It happened to the best first years. Hopefully, the rest of the year would go smoothly. Walking onto the field, Max was prepped. He wandered over to the forms and filled it out. It was the same pretty much every year. Getting to his stretches he hoped to have a good run.

Username: murruelecreuset
                                                  Character's Name: Maxwell Heulwen
                                                  Year: Fourth Year
                                                  Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: Two
                                                  Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe
                                                  Second Choice Position: Anywhere you need me!

Company : Gryffindors

OOC :
                                                  Stealing / Passing: --- - 0/3 to Goal - Total Roll: --
                                                  AC: 18
                                                  Modifiers: +8 AC, +6 Stealing
                                                  Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe
                                                  Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Ready, eh? Well, you seem quite sure of that
                                                  I think you'll find yourself right at home in
                                                  Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:02 pm
User Image
                                                Circling your, circling your, circling your head
                                                Contemplating everything you ever said
                                                Now I see the truth, I got doubt
                                                A different motive in your eyes and now I'm out
                                                See you later

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Ꮐꭱꭹꮁ̵ꮁ̵ꮖ🇳ꭰꮻꭱ || Ꮁ̵ꮻꮜꭱꭲꮋ Ꮍꭼꭺꭱ || Ᏼꭼꭺꭲꭼꭱ

════════════════════════

Marcia raced tot he pitch, already feeling like she was late. She hadn't meant to be, but she had taken a wrong turn when she was traversing the stairs. How she'd ended up near the History of Magic classroom, she didn't know, but she had beat a hasty run toward the pitch as soon as she discovered it. Stooping over, she tried catching her breath a bit before she came forward to take a form to fill out.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                Character's Name: Marcia Drage
                                                Year: Fourth
                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3
                                                Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer, Mean Swing
                                                Second Choice Position: Still beater

AC: 19
                                                Modifiers: Bludgers +7
                                                Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer, Mean Swing
                                                Lives: biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
                                                Final Roll: --

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, I didn't miss tryouts.
                                                OOC:

-◎-

Conclusions manifest, your first impressions got to be your very best
                                                I see you're full of s**t, and that's alright
                                                That's how you play, I guess you'll get through every night
                                                Well now that's over

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:12 pm
User Image
                                                He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
                                                To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgetting
                                                What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
                                                He opens his mouth, but the words won't come out
                                                He's choking, how? Everybody's joking now
                                                The clock's run out, time's up, over, blaow!

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Gʀʏꜰꜰɪɴᴅᴏʀ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ || Kᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ || Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ

════════════════════════

Rune blinked as he walked up to the pitch, already noting everyone that was there. It seemed odd to be one of the older players, but then again, he hadn't expected a lot of really young players for tryouts. Must be something about Gryffindor that attracted a lot of athletic types, he mused. Getting his form, he nodded at Tally and settled in to fill out the form, thinking tryouts would be a bit interesting this year if nothing else.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                Character's Name: Rune Borson
                                                Year: Fifth
                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4
                                                Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Great Catch, Hold the Line
                                                First Choice Position: Keeper
                                                Second Choice Position: I dunno, seeker maybe?

AC: 17
                                                Modifiers: Blocking +9
                                                Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Great Catch, Hold the Line
                                                Lives: biggrin biggrin biggrin
                                                Final Roll: --

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, I'm ready for the season.
                                                OOC:

-◬-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

You better lose yourself in the music
                                                The moment, you own it, you better never let it go
                                                You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
                                                This opportunity comes once in a lifetime

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:56 am
Feet don't fail me now
Feet don't fail me now
Was born for going
Against the grain
Can't keep me quiet
I won't sit and stay

User Image
T A L I A
K I S S
W A L S H

gryffindor team captainhead girlhalfblood

Gryffindor tryouts were always loud and chaotic as everyone arrived, but Tally never minded. It reminded her of her massive extended family, and that always put her in a good mood. Plus, she'd rather everyone be overexcited and chatty than just standing around moping or looking bored. She tried to smile and greet everyone who arrived, especially the first years, even if it could get a little confusing as to who was who.

"Thanks, Sparrow," she grinned at the characteristically bubbly younger girl. "You don't have to apologize; I'm sure you'll be great as a full-time announcer. You're welcome at practices anytime." At least they could be sure the announcer would never have a grudge against Gryffindor during games, right? With that in mind, she stepped towards the front of the talkative crowd of athletes, clapping her hands together for attention.

"Hi, everyone! I'm Tally Walsh, the team captain, and also one of our chasers. Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who are new, I'll be running tryouts and our practices, along with my vice captain, Jasper Blackmoor, who will take over the team next year. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to approach either of us, I promise we don't bite." She grinned. "For this year's tryouts we will be doing a scrimmage system, so Jasper and I will stay back and observe while you lot play. I can't promise everyone will get their first choice position, but you will all get time in the air. We'll divide you into two teams, Red and Gold."

She consulted the battered clipboard in her hands, reading off names. "Red Team will consist of Penelope Barrett and Aire Aindrias-Evera as chasers, Marcia Drage and Dixie Lynn Walker as beaters, Maya Masters as seeker, and Valeria Diarmid as keeper. Gold Team will consist of Harmony Aindrias and Max Heulwen as chasers, Eliza Whitmore and Mackenna Butler as beaters, Jude Cairn as seeker, and Rune Borson as keeper. Seekers are off limits to beaters during scrimmage, but everyone else is fair game. If you get seriously injured by a bludger, we have healing potions on hand. Before we get started, let's all fly three laps around the pitch, and then I'll release the balls."

Tally hopped onto her broom and kicked off, waiting for the others to follow suit before soaring up into the air. She'd flown a fair bit during the summer, but it still didn't compare to being on a proper pitch. When they were done, she released the snitch, the bludgers, and tossed up the red quaffle, beginning the match.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Devlyn Maycry

murruelecreuset

addaellis

Miss GryffindorK

Stefan Lee Salvatore

kiska166

Kungfudemoness

I'm on the edge of breaking
Where tension hangs
It's what I believe in
That feeds my pain
I feel my legs begging to slow down
I gotta get there
I've come too far to give up my ground

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
addaellis rolled 10 10-sided dice: 10, 3, 8, 4, 4, 6, 1, 9, 10, 5 Total: 60 (10-100)

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:34 pm

User Image✶☁

As Sparrow fluttered off to the stands to watch tryouts, Aire grinned mischievously when Tally put her and Harmony as chasers on opposing sides. Sure Aire wanted to play with Harmony, but playing against each other could be fun too.

She did her laps. The air didn't smell like sea and salt, but she didn't have to worry about flying too far from the ship here or watching for planes. When the time came to go for the quaffle, Aire raced for it, eager to get playing with an actual quaffle.

status Chasering things

Position: red chaser
Total roll: 60

Stats:
AC: 13
Modifiers: +3 to spotting and catching the snitch

Stefan Lee Salvatore

You don't fear the fall
You built a wall
But they all add up
Hope you raise your cup
☁✶

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games