Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
___ ways to annoy your band director Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Takuya Kanbara

Peaceful Protagonist

6,290 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:31 am
Our band HAS to wear gloves, that doesn't work for us...

-When your instrument is in the shop, pester him about its location until you get it back.
-Distract the band by pretending to be a bird right before you begin to march your show during rehearsal.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:08 pm
When beginning to learn our positions for Marching Band, our band director uses a CD of the pieces to give us some idea as to what we're playing when we're marching. I've always wanted to switch the CD out with a highly embarassing one (Cher, mayhaps?) and have him accidentally play it.  

LuckyDan

Takuya Kanbara

Peaceful Protagonist

6,290 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:15 pm
xd I did that last year. Use techno, it throws off the ENTIRE band. It was soo funny. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:36 pm
Fermata
Chew gum, talk, wear sunglasses, wear a shirt that says 'its funny how the director thinks I'm listening', forget you INSTRUMENT!

with my band director she kills when you forget your instrument!! he almost ate me alive when i had to goto my house 20 mins before a concert -__-  

Passing_Through_the_Fog

[[Flavored~Condom]]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:38 pm
i need a friend.. crying i just pretty much started and i have no friends. and it sucks. i'm about to leave gaia. cause with no friends it's like no fun.. ya know? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:38 pm
make band sexual inuendos like...."my French horn is acting a little horny today" stuff like that...

my band friends and i made a list of everything sexual sounding that had to do with band but i forgot most of them..  

Passing_Through_the_Fog

Passing_Through_the_Fog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:41 pm
Belle89
Some of what we have are...

pretend you're a fire alarm during long measures of rest

sit on a pillow during class and say it channels your creative energy when he wants to take it away

eat candy... offer him a piece

Have a conversation with the walls, give them names, when questioned tell him that you can't trust the ceiling so he's being shunned.

Put signs that say "musical focus exits here" by all the exits or not exits

Give him presents, things like My little ponies and his very own fart machine!

in relation to the
Have a conversation with the walls, give them names, when questioned tell him that you can't trust the ceiling so he's being shunned. Statement....the senior class when i was in 10th grade named all the sound blockers in the band room (they are big bumps on the wall that makes the sound stay in the room) there were like 30 of them with names like Glen and Adagio you name it, it was probly up there. pirate  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:56 pm
Eat in uniform
smoke in uniform
be late for a game
be late for a concert (or graduation rehursal)
listen to music on a Portable device in class
dont wear Black socks
drop your instrament
dont practice

for a Band director who majorly plays the Clarinet, Change Reeds in the middle of a peice or Warm ups (Valve oil changes work too)

get a Job and are unable to goto a march or game
dont know your steps
you claim you cant walk heel toe
your postures crappy
both your feet are not flat on the floor
you loose your music and say "someone stole my music!"
touching the Sike (big white wall behind you on the stage that is worth $15.000)
during a Trip to a Big concert like Micca or Tanglewood sing 99 bottles of beer or someannoying song off key

the list goes on....

but there are some for yah rofl  

Passing_Through_the_Fog

~[ART]~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:04 pm
wher sandles during the crab walk. ninja twisted
((herts like hell))  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:11 pm
aw man. our drum section made 356 paper airplanes and dumped them all into his office (which is VERY small).

i think that would annoy any director....except ours. lol  

skylar elliott

MissCattington

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:02 pm
This probably won't apply to your band director, but...

Ask him if you can decorate his bald head with your glittler glue.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:39 pm
if your director's short, put the batons ontop of the chalk board  

Iasitni

Takuya Kanbara

Peaceful Protagonist

6,290 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:46 pm
XAngelxCupcakeX
This probably won''t apply to your band director, but...

Ask him if you can decorate his bald head with your glittler glue.

After I saw this, i totally asked my BD if I could. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:51 pm
ask if you need to wear your plume for a game/parade.

if playing a rock/pop song sing instead of play (works wonders with bohemian rhapsody)

if you're a brass player and you frack a note, stop playing and start messing with your case, when asked what you're doing say you need to find a new reed.

get your entire section to turn their music upsidedown and play it.

pass around a plastic animal/figurine while playing, if the band director takes it get it back and have someone on the opposite side of the room hide it.

bring a lawnchair or kiddie pool to marching rehearsal and use it during breaks.

have waterguns with you at rehersal and use them liberally when given a water break

on an exposed part miss a sharp/flat/accidental. next time around have another person on that part miss it, repeat as many times as necessary

on a long stretch of repeating eighths alternate notes with others on the same part. continue to do this when he asks your part to play by yourselves.

write notes to each other on your music and don't erase them

have a notepad ready to write down the odd things he/she says during rehersal, then make a website of them all

set the dr. beat to the voice, on sixteenths (or some other odd rhythm) and as fast as it will go.

*i'll have more later when band camp starts  

Iasitni

mrs.muffin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:13 pm
Skip instead of march.
Blow bubblegum bubbles when you're supposed to be playing.

Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games