Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Mpreg? Gross, wrong, or misunderstood? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

deathglare77

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:09 am
I like mpreg if Allen Walker is the Mom(daddy) and KAnda is the Dad(daddy). Other than that, I like to see and read it for myself. Mpreg is okay for me.. more thrill in fics..  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:28 am
Following labels of Mpreg (mine):

weird/gross:They're both guys...
my guilty pleasure: in some cases, it's kinda hot...
Illogical: we'll, I've read several M preg fanfics and i have found many holes in the logic of how it came to be. here are some examples and whats wrong with them:
Demon is a female: This excuse is most often used in naruto, where the author excuses the unfounded pregnancy on the idea that the possessing demon is female. they then go on to explain that this has caused the body of the character to change, usually upon puberty. this, however leaves one wondering how the characters... umm... stuff... can interact with the seme's to create a child, and how the baby can be properly delivered or cared for in the womb if the character still doesn't have any forseeable... um... lady parts...
Magic/Potion: more commonly seen in fanfics sucha as Harry Potter fics, au and fantasy stories, this, i suppose has a little more credibility, as in some cases the spell or potion gives the uke the proper womb to care for the developing fetus(ew.). in almost all cases, however, the "mother" still doesn't have the proper, err.. opening to properly deliver the baby. some stories offer explanations like c-sections and a birth canal openingduring labor, but these still seem to be a bit illogical.
Mates: this is another extremely illogical reasoning for mpreg simply because the fact that two men are soul mates or meant to be together forever does not magically enable the either party to carry children.
Char. was female all along: This is definitely in the top two of illogical reasons simply because there would have been so many signs of their female identity. possible mood swings, a period, lack of a certain part of the male anatomy. it comes to no surprise to me that this is the least common mpreg excuse
Hermaphrodite: this means the person has sets of reproductive organs from both genders. while at first this may sound like a valid reason, in nearly all cases one if not both sets of organs are sterile, and the female organs are almost always the sterile ones in this situation.

there was one HP fanfic i read that seemed to have more credibility than any of these other ones. it was a snarry tentacle rape fic and i only read the first few chapters so i don't know how it ended. so, here goes... one snape's er... tentacles was used to bypass harry's er... system and transform a few of his sperm into eggs while at the same time another was using a certain chemical to create a womb inside harry for the eggs to develop after fertilization as well as create a passage that would open up upon delivery for the children to be delivered through.

Well, i should probably stop talking now since i'm probably killikg the thread... mpreg is still my guilty pleasure, i just don't think about how illogical it is until after i'm done reading it...  

BlackBleedingRoses539

3,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

69_Go-Go_69

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:59 am
i think its annoying.
and on top of that, having kids means restrictions on the lemons!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:07 pm
I've read 2 really good MPREG fics in the past. It's not my favourite thing to read but if i like the characters and it keeps me interested then i'll carry on reading it smile  

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

mizuki uchiha

7,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:11 am
Personally I like mpreg's. But I'm picky when it comes to reading them. They need to have a good explanation for how a men can have a kid. I like it when some tough guy becomes a father and when the kids born they go all loving.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:04 pm
Mpreg is my guilty little pleasure.
Its tough to find fanfic's (or any stories for that matter) that do it well. Its funny sometimes when the author just tosses explanations out the window.  

SnackySatan

periphescent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:20 pm
I honestly find it too silly to take seriously. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:08 am
I'm personally not into it.
& I agree with periphescent, I can't really take it seriously. P:

-PANDATUBE

tanuki wolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:13 pm
I think it's cute. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:09 pm
i dont mind , although I have seen a doujinshi where naruto got prego because he used sexy no jutsu and did it with sasuke .
All and all i dont really mind  

GaarafanGurl08

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

HubridBunny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:15 pm
i agree with alot of what other people said.

If the plot sounds good i'll read it, but i don't think i've ever seen a finished M-Preg. I once read a really good one that went into detail of how it was possible and everything, but it only got up to chapter 4.

now, M-Preg fanart? that's disgusting. i'm sorry, but it just is.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:52 pm
I generally don't search them out. But I'll read them. It really depends on how it is written. I know that a no-duh answer, but really it's important. In fantasy based worlds like Naruto and Harry Potter its more believable.  

CrystalDear

MagicalSecret

Galactic Huntress

22,775 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:14 am
Kisame is kinda sharkdemon thing, and sharks give birth like mammals. So I guess the only problem in the birth is Itachi being male.

And m-preg is okay, I don't search for it, but if it happens in the story I do keep reading.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:10 pm
Ugh, I tend to avoid that genre of yaoi in general. It takes away all the masculine sexyness of the man. I read yaoi to read about sexy men, not girly boys who get knocked up...  

lecoser

Romantic Conversationalist

XxBlackRosesxX94

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:14 pm
I'm fine with M-Preg, It all depends on who the couple are and how the now M-PREG character acts. If it gets way too out there then i end up just either stop reading it, or depending on how good the story plot is, Continue reading it.

I'm not the type of person who gives up reading a story if i think it has a semi-good/great PLOT.
Sometimes it's even cute whee

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces