Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Triste-chan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:48 pm
"Oh, Wiccan, Roma, same thing!"

- An actual quote from a girl at school.

Edit: Full story.

So I'm walking out of English class, and this girl, Mouse, comes out of her history class and bumps into me. So apparently she's been learning about the Salem Witch Trials. This creates much drama, because Mouse is "Wiccan."

So she's like, "FOMG, I never would have survived those times." And I start talking about the theories that the girls were actually getting hallucinogens in their food and that's where they got all these kooky ideas from, and then she says, "Yeah, only two of the people there were actually Wiccan."

stressed

So we go outside because it's the end of the day and stuff, and she's still talking about TEH SALEM WITCH TRIALS. Eventually we get to talking about the European Witch Trials. And I'm like, "Yeah, the people killed there were pretty much just normal Christians. It was more about personal vendettas and dislike of strange people than religion or anything."

So she says, "You know, I did some research --" and I'm thinking, no, nono. She wouldn't. "-- and I found out that my great-great-great-great-great grandmother was a G~" and yes, she did indeed use the racial slur, despite my somewhat lame attempts to inform her that it is very much offensive, "and she was killed during the Burning Times."

crying

After doing my usual 'FOMG racial slur' spiel, which was immediately ignored, Mouse is like, "Jeez, even my ancestors were persecuted for being magical people." So this other kid says, "Wait, how does her being Roma (because this kid is actually awesome and REMEMBERS when I ask him not to use racial slurs) make her 'magical?'"

So she punches him playfully, and says, "Oh, Wiccan, Roma, same thing!"

burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:59 pm
Triste-chan

burning_eyes

twisted Full name please.  

TeaDidikai

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:03 pm
TeaDidikai
Triste-chan

burning_eyes

uh oh, that looks ominous(sp?)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:09 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
TeaDidikai
Triste-chan

burning_eyes

Where's my damn angelic emoticon. ninja  

TeaDidikai

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:39 pm
TeaDidikai
Dragon_Witch_Woman
TeaDidikai
Triste-chan

burning_eyes

Where's my damn angelic emoticon. ninja

Something tells me you have little rights to it at the moment... wink

Not that I blame you in the slightest.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:01 am
Triste-chan
"Oh, Wiccan, Roma, same thing!"

- An actual quote from a girl at school.

Edit: Full story.

So I'm walking out of English class, and this girl, Mouse, comes out of her history class and bumps into me. So apparently she's been learning about the Salem Witch Trials. This creates much drama, because Mouse is "Wiccan."

So she's like, "FOMG, I never would have survived those times." And I start talking about the theories that the girls were actually getting hallucinogens in their food and that's where they got all these kooky ideas from, and then she says, "Yeah, only two of the people there were actually Wiccan."

stressed

So we go outside because it's the end of the day and stuff, and she's still talking about TEH SALEM WITCH TRIALS. Eventually we get to talking about the European Witch Trials. And I'm like, "Yeah, the people killed there were pretty much just normal Christians. It was more about personal vendettas and dislike of strange people than religion or anything."

So she says, "You know, I did some research --" and I'm thinking, no, nono. She wouldn't. "-- and I found out that my great-great-great-great-great grandmother was a G~" and yes, she did indeed use the racial slur, despite my somewhat lame attempts to inform her that it is very much offensive, "and she was killed during the Burning Times."

crying

After doing my usual 'FOMG racial slur' spiel, which was immediately ignored, Mouse is like, "Jeez, even my ancestors were persecuted for being magical people." So this other kid says, "Wait, how does her being Roma (because this kid is actually awesome and REMEMBERS when I ask him not to use racial slurs) make her 'magical?'"

burning_eyes

She was in history class and learned that the Wiccans were burned at the stake during the Salem Witch Trials? What kind of teacher is this, or is she just dense?

Maybe you should ask her the three questions, or rather two questions about Wicca.

Who created it?

What type of religion is it? (anything but fertility witch cult is of course wrong, but you know that, so we dont have to go into that spiel)

And, Wiccan = Roma....Geeze, not even the fluffy bunnies I know would say that, though one did say she was from the G-word line. Her mom didnt say that though, nor did her dad.  

jaden kendam

Triste-chan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:50 am
deadmanjake

She was in history class and learned that the Wiccans were burned at the stake during the Salem Witch Trials? What kind of teacher is this, or is she just dense?

Maybe you should ask her the three questions, or rather two questions about Wicca.

Who created it?

What type of religion is it? (anything but fertility witch cult is of course wrong, but you know that, so we dont have to go into that spiel)

And, Wiccan = Roma....Geeze, not even the fluffy bunnies I know would say that, though one did say she was from the G-word line. Her mom didnt say that though, nor did her dad.

In Mouse World, anything vaguely related to magic is Wiccan. And since her knowledge of Roma is mostly gleaned from Hollywood, they are included.

Anyway. I'm not big on confrontation IRL. I'm trying to work up my nerve. Mouse has a serious temper, so I expect a lot of bullshit if I ever manage it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:41 am
Triste-chan
deadmanjake

Who created it?

In Mouse World, anything vaguely related to magic is Wiccan. And since her knowledge of Roma is mostly gleaned from Hollywood, they are included.

Anyway. I'm not big on confrontation IRL. I'm trying to work up my nerve. Mouse has a serious temper, so I expect a lot of bullshit if I ever manage it.

Just do to her what the fluffies like her do when presented with facts. Say, "******** you, you dont know what your talking about, and when you finally grow up, I hope that you learn the truth." Or call her A Ravenwolf Wiccan and see if she gets the insult.  

jaden kendam

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:45 am
"This year, Herne chose me to lead the Wild Hunt!"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:01 pm
deadmanjake

Just do to her what the fluffies like her do when presented with facts. Say, "******** you, you dont know what your talking about, and when you finally grow up, I hope that you learn the truth."
i laughed when I read that, but then I stopped when I realized how true it is. sad  

Eshmasesh

Triste-chan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:23 am
Henry Dorsett Case
"This year, Herne chose me to lead the Wild Hunt!"

LOLOLOLOLOL  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:17 am
Eshmasesh
deadmanjake

Just do to her what the fluffies like her do when presented with facts. Say, "******** you, you dont know what your talking about, and when you finally grow up, I hope that you learn the truth."
i laughed when I read that, but then I stopped when I realized how true it is. sad

Sometimes the truth is the funniest thing in the world.  

jaden kendam

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:18 am
"If I had a penny for every time a Sidhe hit on me..."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:39 pm
"Artemis is a red-headed heifer b***h."

I kid you not. Also note that Artemis is pronounced "air-tee-mees."  

midara the happy banshee

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:47 am
I was in the Akashic record- and I didn't know why, then I realized it was when I was reading for you.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games