Welcome to Gaia! ::

ρєтαℓѕ σи тнє ∂яєαяу (Closed / Might be revamped)

Back to Guilds

Can you find what you're looking for and can you live with the consequences? 

Tags: Love, Romance, Heartbreak, Curse, Battle 

Reply City of Obyvatelé
Kona Cafe Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yasei Jihi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
YASEI

Yasei waved to Hurik as she walked in. “Morning!” she called. Yasei then flinched remembering the customer’s likely hangover.
She looked back to the customer and plucked the menu out of his hands apologetically. “I’ll have that right out!” She chirped quietly, as if that would make up for yelling just now. Yasei quickly made her way back to the counter, not wanting to trouble her patron anymore.
“Hey you.” Yasei greeted Hurik cheerfully as she passed briefly into the kitchen, “Did you have a late night too?” she asked when she returned with a lemon, a teacup and a saucer in hand.
Yasei poured some hot water form one of the kettles into the cup and steeped a single serving tea bag in it. While she waited for the tea to saturate, she set about cutting a lemon slice to place on the saucer. As she prepared her tray with a tiny pitcher of milk, and another of honey, she peeked over at the customer and saw that he didn’t seem to be reaching for his flask. Yasei decided this probably wasn’t something she needed to bother Hurik with. Not yet anyways.

Company: Customer. Hurik
Mood: Sympathetic
Outfit: Button down shirt & vest, shorts, stockings, loafers and apron.

Aeval_Silvertongue

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:37 pm
User Image

*~~*Hurik Ogden*~~*

User Image

Hurik was busy with making a cappuccino to-go for a walk-in when Yasei walked behind the counter. "She's chipper, that's good." She commented in her thoughts. A smile crossed her lips before answering. "Nah, Don let me sleep last night. Did you," She replied. Don, short for Belladonna, was her black cat; she loved her kitty, but anyone that didn't know, would probably think she was talking about a guy or something. Turning her attention from the girl to her task, she finished with the cappuccino and set it at the pick-up counter. As she made her way back to the register, she would risk a peek at the young man Yasei would be serving.
User Image

(OutOfCandy!: )

Yasei Jihi

Felfordulas

Aeval_Silvertongue

Timid Hunter

Felfordulas

Celebrating Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:58 pm
User Image
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
Stahl § Venerra
"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished"
Where: Kona Cafe | With: Cafe Staff | Mood: Calm, Sleepy --> Not so Sleepy

Though the louder greeting by the waitress did make Stahl blink just a little, the quieter response to his order threw him off just a tad more. He supposed being loud at this time would be a little on the irritating side for people who've had a bad morning...his wasn't ideal, yes, but not necessarily bad. Still, he opted not to comment on it as she moved towards the main counter. Exhaling a small breath, he glanced out the nearest window. It was sunny enough, but things would start to get colder...he just hoped he wouldn't be caught out in another episode of rain without proper gear any time soon. With the moment to himself, he thought back to his plants back home, specifically where he should be moving the maturing ones. rain was going to be good for them, but they'd still need to stay in pots...leaving them to spread beyond their initial planting zone could prove troublesome if they suddenly started invading the gardens of his neighbors. There was also the question of whether or not the younger saplings would be able to grow strong enough before the winter arrived. That thought made his brow furrow just a little...even if they were inside, the chill of the season wouldn't find trouble creeping into the house. "It'll be a tough couple of days, but they'll live." His thoughts reassured himself, the entire biology of the flowers running through his thoughts to confirm their resilience. With a slight sigh, his attention shifted back to the outside world on display from the window, though it did not last long. For once, Stahl managed to hear someone approaching him, his gaze shifting once more to the waitress as she set his order down on the table. "Thanks." He said, offering another polite smile before turning to his drink. Without thinking too much about it, he lifted the tea up to his mouth and gave it a long, testing sip....well, there went the first layer of his tastebuds. Reeling back just a little and sucking in a quick, quiet hiss of air, the sudden burning sensation on his tongue was definitely enough to say the male was now well and truly awake. "Good job." His thoughts, previously reassuring, commented sarcastically. Setting the cup down onto the saucer, he eyed it for a moment, then the pitcher of milk. In all honesty, thought it would help cool the beverage down, he preferred his tea without. Asking the waitress for some water was out of the question too, his thoughts pointing out that his somewhat unintentional arrival had already meant more work for her this morning, his gut instinct telling him not to bother her further. Again without thinking, focus more on his still buzzing tongue, Stahl reached for his flask and flipped open the lid and started to pour. Though he had yet to make a decent dent in how much liquid was already in the cup, there was enough missing to refill that would probably help cool it down.

{Sorry for skipping ahead just a fraction, but could not help starting shenanigans to start the day xD}

Aeval_Silvertongue

Yasei Jihi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:06 am
YASEI

Yasei wanted to brag that she’d gotten a pretty darn awesome sleep last night, but the words couldn’t come out. “Mhm!” She nodded as she carried the tray out to the customer. Yasei served the tea, waiting to make sure it was to the customer’s liking and see if there was anything else he wanted to order. The young man took a sip and the look on his face was unreadable. Before Yasei could ask if he was okay or if there was something wrong with the tea, the man grappled with his flask and started pouring liquor into the tea.
Yasei was speechless, and for once, it had nothing to do with her curse. She felt a little betrayed, as though this stranger had broken an unspoken agreement: he would not get drunk in her cafe, and she would not have to do anything about him getting drunk in her cafe.
“A-are you..” Are you kidding me?! I thought we were cool! I was gonna be cool about it! Yasei honestly didn’t know how respond. Moving on autopilot, she reached out and grabbed the saucer with the teacup off the table. A voice in the back of her mind told her that she could somehow get in trouble for that as a server, but she couldn’t think of how or why, and she didn’t particularly care. “Hey! You can’t do that in here!!” She said, a little too loud. She’d likely attracted the attention of Hurik and the early birds that were trickling in, but she didn’t dare look to confirm it. She didn’t want to cause a scene, but it seems she already had.
Crap! I shouldn’t have taken the cup. But I can’t just give it back now! What’s he going to do? Is he going to try to pick a fight?! I need to calm down! I need to take control of the situation!!
It only took a second for Yasei to hide her inner panic under a practiced, stony glare. She clenched her teeth, attempting to steel herself. Whatever happens next, I can handle it!

Company: Hurik. Hungover customer.
Mood: Panicked.
OOC: No problem! Let's get this show on the road!

Aeval_Silvertongue

Felfordulas

Yasei Jihi

Aeval_Silvertongue

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:57 pm
User Image

*~~*Hurik Ogden*~~*

User Image

Hurik smiled, glad to see her new co-worker so happy. She then distracted herself with other paying customers for the morning. The "child" was happily working on an Americano when there was a strange commotion. "What in the world??" She frowned in confusion and glanced over the counter. As she did it seemed others looked over as well. "Oh dear," She muttered under her breath, she refused to get involved until she felt she had to. Trusting their new girl to correct and handle it, she went back to her current customers for now; she would look for a certain regular customer though. At the same time, customers were ordering again and she went back to her barista duties.
User Image

Yasei Jihi

Felfordulas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:23 am
User Image
Stahl § Venerra
Where: Kona Cafe | With: Cafe Staff | Mood: Surprised

As the final drop left his flask and the teacup was back to it's original amount of liquid, Stahl prayed that it would be enough. Alas, he was not going to find out as soon as he was expecting, flinching slightly as a set of hands entered his field of view and grabbed hold of his drink and the soucer it sat upon. Eyes quickly flicking up to their owner, he blinked as he realised he was looking at the waitress who had just set his cup down not moments ago. He opened his mouth to ask what she was doing, but she beat him to speaking first, her expression also catching him off guard. There was a second or two of surprised silence from the male, opened flask still in one hand. "Can't do that? What do--" Stahl said quickly, however, cut himself off just as hurriedly. There was another pause from him, eyes flicking from the waitress - whose nametag he only now just caught, filing the name 'Yasei' to memory - to the cup and then finally to the flask. The gears seemed to turn much slower than usual this morning...it normally didn't take this long for the brown and green-haired male to catch on to this particular mistake. "Ah..." Was all that seemed to leave his mouth for a moment, still staring at the flask, as if the sheer lapse in judgement denied him proper words. "Quick, before you get thrown out of here." His brain advised, causing him to turn his attention back to Yasei. "Sorry! B-But it's not what you think!" He said, raising his free hand up as if to indicate he meant no harm. By now, he was well aware of the other gazes in the cafe upon them, obviously curious as to what was unfolding this morning...Stahl couldn't help but wonder if he should just never come back here to avoid being remembered as 'the guy who tried to liquor up his drink in the morning'. Of all the things he'd have liked to be remembered as, an alcoholic was definitely not very high on the list. "It's just water. I, uhh, dehydrate easily and these are easier than carrying a bottle everywhere..." He explained. With an embarrassed smile, he held the flask out to her to let her inspect what water remained inside...or confiscate it, if she wasn't going to be so trusting. It was a little odd, not quite explaining the full reason why, as if he wasn't allowed to just tell people what he could do. In a sense, he guessed people not from his home weren't supposed to know, but he had already shown his gifts to a few people in the city, so the point was moot. That aside, now probably didn't require a full run-down of that. "I just....didn't want to bother you just for some more water. Again, I'm really sorry, I wasn't thinking and...." He trailed off, lest he started blabbering even further, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly as he lowered it in apology. "Sorry."

Yasei Jihi

Aeval_Silvertongue

Felfordulas

Celebrating Waffles

Yasei Jihi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:06 am
YASEI

Yasei looked between the teacup and the customer in disbelief. Water?! Does he think I was born yesterday?! But after hearing his excuse, she wasn’t sure what to believe.
He didn’t want to bother me? I’m a waitress! “I’m here to-” Yasei tried, but she couldn’t continue. She huffed in frustration, trying to think of a way to rephrase what she wanted to say without referencing herself. “It’s a waitress’ job to bring the customers what they need. If you needed water, you could have asked.” She scolded.
He was far too apologetic and… almost scared for a guy with a hangover who’d just gotten his drink confiscated. She had expected some sort of irritated tantrum, or for the customer to storm out upon being caught. He sounded more like a kid who didn’t know not to touch a fancy vase in an antique shop. Maybe he really did have water in that flask…? She didn’t really believe that this was the type of guy who would blatantly sneak alcohol into a cafe this early in the morning. But she also didn’t believe that someone who had walked into a cafe looking exhausted, sat down at the closest table he could find, and then proceeded to pour liquid from a flask into his drink wasn’t sneaking alcohol into said cafe.
Yasei sighed at the quiet young man. “Here, I’ll- uh, you can…” Wait, why am I telling him he can stay? I didn’t kick him out. Does he know I’m not kicking him out? “Wait there. Let’s get you a fresh cup.” Yasei compromised as she picked up the remaining tray in her free hand and began to head back towards the service counter. She turned around as she remembered the guy’s flask. “And put that away, okay?” She advised. She was still suspicious, but either way, she didn’t want Hurik or any of the customers to see that in here.
Yasei came back a couple of minutes later with a new cup of tea on the tray, as well as a glass of ice water and set it gently on the table. "Careful. It's hot." she warned, with a joking lilt to her voice.

Company: Problematic Customer.
Mood: Exasperated. Sympathetic

Felfordulas

Aeval_Silvertongue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:25 pm
Sora Kitsu
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Kitsu had been walking when he got to the Cafe. Today was the day, he was going to talk to her. Like really talk to her. He was feeling extremely nervous. He was finally where he wanted to be to ask her. He opened the door, then he felt a familiar wave. He pulled out his wallet, and threw it inside. He would then shrink. He then was looking at the ground, barely 2 feet tall. He was embarrassed, but he was here...and there was peanut butter. His tail would be going back and forth. He would then go and pick up his wallet. This was becoming too frequent...He would avoid this place, but he enjoyed the peanut butter cookies. He would sit in front of the counter, his tail going back and forth, waiting for someone to notice him.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

[[OOC: ]]

Yasei Jihi
Felfordulas
Aeval_Silvertongue

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

Aeval_Silvertongue

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:40 pm
User Image

*~~*Hurik Ogden*~~*

User Image

Hurik quietly observed the progress of her co-worker, she was impressed with the deflation of the drama and went back to work. After the cafe quieted down and things returned to normal, everything seemed to run smoothly. A soft sigh escaped her lips and time passed rather dully. "Wait a minute...is that him?" She thought as her eyes traveled to the door. He was there...and then he was gone? Taking care of her latest customer, she pouted a be before thinking he was in fox-form. "I should get that ready," She said softly to herself, but first, she leaned over the counter and waved to her favorite fox customer. Smiling a little she decided to ready a few peanut butter cookies, warming them up in the toaster oven just a little. "I have two peanut butter cookies warming up for you. Would you like anything else with them?" She asked him. Seeing as he was in fox form, she would walk around the counter with a menu and set it before Kitsu with a kind smile.
User Image

(OutOfCandy!: Sorry, had to edit as I kinda rushed in reading last night. x.x)

Yasei Jihi

Felfordulas

Youroka Kage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:15 am
User Image
Stahl § Venerra
Where: Kona Cafe | With: Cafe Staff, Other Customers | Mood: Embarrassed --> Curious

At first, Stahl was hesitant to look back up at Yasei...he didn't mean to cause any trouble, but it was feeling more and more like he was about to be asked to leave. When she cut herself off, however, his emerald gaze flicked back up. She was here to...what, exactly? His almost instinctual curiosity, however, was pushed down by the decision that she would either tell him, or it would simply be another little annoyance to ask what she was going to say. Hearing her speak up, he flicked his gaze to the side and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Yeah..." He said simply. The temptation to add a 'but' after that was definitely there, but turning this into an argument wasn't going to help. Even if he was technically innocent, she was just trying to do her job, there was no faulting her for that. As a brief silence fell between the pair, Stahl wondered if that was his cue to make his exit...it really was quite embarrassing just sitting there after a public chastizing. Attention once more shifting to the cream-haired woman as she broke the silence, he couldn't help but blink in surprise. A fresh cup? After all the commotion he had caused so quickly, and during what he would still call early morning, he was getting no more than a slap on the wrist? He wasn't sure if he had just met the most forgiving person on the planet or if his thoughts was just overplaying just how much trouble he was actually in...a small, betraying corner of his mind thought he may as well have actually brought alcohol with him just to have made the incident worth the rollercoaster of emotions both of them had probably just experienced. "G-Got it." He responded quickly, just as hastily closing and re-clipping the flask to his belt, sliding it across until it was obscured by his jacket.

As the waitress left, the sound of movement caught his hearing, turning his head towards a sight that made him blink once more in surprise. There, right in front of the counter, sat a fox. Literally a four-legged, fur-clad fox. If the gears in his head were turning slowly, this brought them to an absolute stop. Nobody seemed to bat an eye at it's presence...in fact, the other cafe worker seemed to greet it like a friend. "What on earth?" He thought, that deceptive little piece of mind now wondering how a fox was welcomed into the place, but his flask was frowned upon just from the possibility of containing liquor. "Ah...note to self: never be in public this early ever again." He added as he reminded himself just what city this cafe sat in. Unless he was mistaken and that truly was just a common fox, trying to keep up with the many different people of Star Creek was exhausting sometimes. Pushing his focus away from the counter, he found Yasei once again approaching his table. As the tray was lowered, he paused momentarily as his gaze fell upon the one item that stood out: the glass of water. Though he wasn't sure if it turned out to be a visible blush, Stahl certainly felt his cheeks heat up very slightly. Eyes flicking back up to the waitress as she spoke, he was somewhat glad there seemed to be a flicker of humor in her words. Rubbing the back of his head, he offered one last, apologetic smile. "Noted...and thank you." He said, hoping he was able to keep from accidentally causing anymore trouble this time around.

Aeval_Silvertongue

Yasei Jihi

Youroka Kage

Felfordulas

Celebrating Waffles

Yasei Jihi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:46 pm
YASEI

If Yasei couldn’t be certain about what was in the flask, it was safer to just get him a new cup. Luckily, the customer accepted the new cup of tea without a problem. She hoped her little quip didn’t come off as too snarky.
As she turned around to tend the other tables that were starting to fill up with the morning rush, she stopped short. Sitting in front of the counter was an animal. A little fox! Hurik was knelt in front of it, holding a menu in front of the creature. That’s when it clicked that the fox was probably another citizen of Star Creek. Yasei suddenly felt guilty for all the pouting she’s been doing for the past couple of weeks over her difficulties with speaking. Man, I’ve got it easy. She thought sadly.
She continued towards the counter, taking orders as she went. Most of the customers were only ordering hot drinks, sometimes a breakfast sandwich or a muffin.

The muffins! CRAP! Yasei dropped her notepad of orders on the counter and rushed back to the kitchen. She could smell the burning muffins she’d put into one of the ovens before people started coming into the cafe. She quickly turned off the oven and opened it, a haze of smoke lazily crawling out towards the ceiling.
Without thinking, Yasei reached into the oven and made contact with the hot metal of the muffin tray. She swore, immediately withdrawing her hand from the oven. “Stupid!” She grabbed an oven mitt, pulled the burnt muffins from the oven and dropped it unceremoniously onto the table. Yasei sighed at her failed creation and opened a window, allowing the kitchen to air out.
She’d get rid of the burnt pastries once they were cool enough to be touched. Right now, she had other orders to fulfill. She went back out to the counter and started on the coffee and tea orders.
Every once in a while her hand would sting. She glanced at it while a fresh pot of coffee was brewing. Her fingers were a red where they’d made contact with the hot tray. This is so annoying! She’d have to get aloe or something for it after work.

Company: Hurik. A... fox? A room more or less full of morning customers.
Mood: Disheartened.
OOC: I plan to have Yasei end her shift and leave the cafe in one or two more posts

Felfordulas

Aeval_Silvertongue

Youroka Kage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:32 am
Sora Kitsu

Kitsu would wag his tail when Hurik saw him. He was happy to see that she was here today. However, he still couldn't talk, and ask the question he had for her. She herself was in her child form, so neither of them looked like themselves fully. Then she said she had cookies warming up for him. He would stand up and do a twirl, before looking at the menu. He had worked on communication before in the workplace, however, he doubted that they had a computer here.

He take his wallet out of his mouth, as he looked over it. He wanted the usual, though no hot drinks today. Hot drinks were too much of a pain while in this form. He would point at the plain bagel however, the menu didn't have the peanut butter that he liked on it. He would look up at at Hurik, his ears back, trying to tell her about the peanut.

[[OOC: ]]

Yasei Jihi
Felfordulas
Aeval_Silvertongue

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

Aeval_Silvertongue

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:06 pm
User Image

*~~*Hurik Ogden*~~*

User Image

Hurik was happy to oblige her regular customer. Being that he was a fox for now, she was kind and patient with him. "He's so cute, I want to pet him," She thought absently, blushing a little at the thought. While she waited for his 'answer', she took silent note of the activity before her focus returned to Kitsu as he twirled from her telling him of the cookies.

Even if he couldn't use words, she found him easy to understand after the few times he's been in.
"Ah, your usual bagel with peanut butter, right," She said with a kind smile. Her expression turned to one of concern for her fellow co-worker as she seemed to be flustered and a little sad upon her return. Kind lavender eyes looked to their vulpine customer as she stood carefully. "I shall get the cookies and warm up the bagel. Please feel free to take a seat while you wait?" She she suggested to her furry friend before she walked away and back behind the counter, just as the toaster oven signaled the cookies were warmed, carefully taking them out to place on a plate, she prepared the bagel next.
User Image

Yasei Jihi

Felfordulas

Youroka Kage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:21 am
User Image
Stahl § Venerra
Where: Kona Cafe | With: Cafe Staff, Fox(?) | Mood: Calmer

With the ordeal more or less in the past, Stahl turned his attention to the new cup of tea. He hesitated for just a moment, as if pondering whether this cup would also betray his tongue...which, by the way, was still somewhat numb from the first cup...but soon the cup was raised with one hand, a gentler sip following this time to test the flavour. The male, at this point, was too embarrassed to have had any complaint about it if the flavour wasn't desirable, but as such it was just as pleasant as he hoped. "If a little hot." His thoughts interjected sarcastically. In fairness, he was warned already and despite not requested there was also some water to balance it out. Lowering the cup, he let out a soft sigh...he would probably come back to this cafe again at some point, just not at a time where he couldn't think before he acted. Taking a quick glance at a nearby clock, he shuffled what morning schedule he had in his thoughts a bit, not that there was much of importance. "Maybe just head back home, kill a few hours and do the other stuff tomorrow." He thought. Although it was a little harder keeping track of when he did and didn't have work, he didn't mind occaisionally having a break during the week rather than the standard Saturday and Sunday.

Stahl already didn't drink tea very quickly, but this morning's stop took a bit longer than the norm...and that wasn't including the little incident before. Still, it had barely reached half an hour by the time he finished the last of his tea, as well as the glass of water so it didn't go to waste. He let out another sigh, this time in mild satisfaction, he always did feel better after some tea even if he was already in a good mood. Setting the cup down, he shuffled in his seat for a moment to fish out his wallet. Though not a regular, he had been enough times to know how much the tea costed. Flicking through the various notes and coins, his lips drew a thin line briefly. He had done quite a fair bit of travelling for his age and the wildly differing currencies was just the one of the many things he could never get used to. For once this morning, Stahl had a lucky break, having more than enough today. This was an especially rare stroke of luck, as 'enough' in this instance meant 'enough to pay for both cups'...guilt would not let him leave this building without properly paying off this debt. Speaking of which, his gaze flicked around the cafe, finally spotting Yasei at the counter. She seemed...not in good spirits at the moment, which made him tilt his head just a little in sympathetic curiosity...he hoped that wasn't entirely because of him. A thought coming to mind, Stahl made sure there were no eyes on him as he closed his own, clasping his hands together and resting them on the table. He concentrated momentarily...planning and picturing, then shaping and growing, every little detail coming to mind without a single exception. Letting out a long breath, Stahl carefully removed his top hand to reveal his creation: an almost neon-bright pink and blue flower, a pencil-thin stem slowly elongating until it was about the length of his finger. With a quick inspection, Stahl smiled slightly and set it down beside his payment. It wasn't much, and it probably wouldn't last more than a couple of days out of water, but it would be his sort of peace offering, something positive to end their little encounter and, hopefully, something that'd replace his flask as the thing he'd be remembered for if he were to ever come back whilst Yasei was on shift. A long shot, yes, but there wasn't any harm in trying, right? Without a word, Stahl quietly got up from his chair, making sure he left nothing but the payment and flower before slipping outside, making a beeline for home.

{was going to send Stahl off anyway for this post, so it works ^^}

Yasei Jihi

Aeval_Silvertongue

Youroka Kage

Felfordulas

Celebrating Waffles

Yasei Jihi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:17 pm
YASEI

Yasei sucked it up and made her rounds as the coffee brewed, and breakfast pastries - made by more competent hands - toasted. She went along, asking customers if they needed anything else, updating them on how long their order would take. Until she returned to the table by the door where her first customer once sat. She picked up the tray with the empty cups on it and counted the cash on the table. Why’d he leave such a huge tip, especially after she chewed him out about the whole flask situation? Wait a minute. Was he paying for the cup of tea he didn’t drink too? I was gonna strike that from his bill… Yasei thought a little guiltily. Yasei also noticed he’d left something behind on the table. It was a flower. Yasei picked it up and poked at the pale blue and pink petals. It’s real. She looked out the window at the bushes outside of the cafe. They didn’t have any flowers like this on it. “Where did he get this…?” Yasei muttered to herself. It seemed like some kind of apology. She was glad there were no hard feelings between her and the customer. Realizing she had more tables to wait before her shift ended, she carefully slid the flower into the pocket of her apron with the unused markerboard and returned to the counter with the tea tray.
Yasei glanced at the clock and at the orders she had left to fulfill. It seemed like the morning rush would be ending around the same time as her shift. She finished the beverages and served them to the customers. They were emptying out of the restaurant as slowly as they had come in. When Yasei was finally done, there were only a few customers loitering, drinking and ordering coffees to go. People would likely file back in for the lunch hour. Yasei’s shift had technically ended about 15 minutes ago.
She looked to Hurik, who still appeared as a child. By now, Yasei had learned that Hurik was a little older than her, and even in her child form she was pretty capable. And while Yasei respected her as a superior, she always felt a twinge of concern when she left Hurik alone in her younger state. “It’s Stop O’clock, Hurik!” She said. She retreated to the kitchen to clean up the burnt muffins from earlier that morning, and any other dishes that were still in the sink. When she was finally done and the kitchen looked manageable for one person, she untied her apron and called to Hurik once more, “Text me when you get home safe!”
Once Hurik responded, Yasei went to the back room to prepare to leave. She carefully stowed the flower from her apron into the outside pocket of her backpack, left out the backdoor and pedaled off on her bike. She waved goodbye to the cafe as she passed around the front.

[EXIT]

Company: Hurik, customers. -> No one.
Mood: Relieved.
OOC: Later lovelies!

Felfordulas

Youroka Kage

Aeval_Silvertongue

City of Obyvatelé

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items