Submit

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:24 am
If you want multiple runefangs, get both KF and Reiksmarshall, thats simple.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:34 am
Right I am going to post up my Empire army list later on. But please remember I only got the big Empire box set. So that will explain the fact of the lack of big blocks of troops.  

Centigrade

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:21 pm
post it in the army list section, I'd like to see what do you created using thse plastics  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:56 am
Van Evok
post it in the army list section, I'd like to see what do you created using thse plastics

It is not going to be good I warn you about that. Mainly as I said I can only make one decent sized block of infantry.

Right so far I have got all my characters sorted out(General of the Empire, Captain of the Empire and a Battle Wizard). And so far with items and whatnot my list is so far 444 points. I will get cracking on the rest of my list later on and will post it up when I am finnished.  

Centigrade

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:32 am
Centigrade
Van Evok

It is not going to be good I warn you about that. Mainly as I said I can only make one decent sized block of infantry.

Right so far I have got all my characters sorted out(General of the Empire, Captain of the Empire and a Battle Wizard). And so far with items and whatnot my list is so far 444 points. I will get cracking on the rest of my list later on and will post it up when I am finnished.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Mommy!

Wait, a General? But you can't use him in anything less than a 2,000 point game. Just use him as a Captain. Unless he's already mounted on a Griffon. Then you just have to wait until your force gets bigger. xp

And don't worry about needing large blocks of infantry. We're the Empire, we have Cannons and other various weapons of mass doom to make up for that. Actually in most of my recent battles my entire Core choices have been two squads of 10 Free Company. Everything else has been in Outriders and Pistoliers.

Yes?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:27 am
Everlasting Chaos
Centigrade
Van Evok

Mommy!

Wait, a General? But you can't use him in anything less than a 2,000 point game. Just use him as a Captain. Unless he's already mounted on a Griffon. Then you just have to wait until your force gets bigger. xp

And don't worry about needing large blocks of infantry. We're the Empire, we have Cannons and other various weapons of mass doom to make up for that. Actually in most of my recent battles my entire Core choices have been two squads of 10 Free Company. Everything else has been in Outriders and Pistoliers.

Yes?

But usually the big box sets have enough so that you can make an army worth 2000pts. Well if I can not make a fair army out of it then I will change the General to a Captain.  

Centigrade

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:35 pm
he probably has battalion set, not army deal...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:19 am
Van Evok

Nah I do have the£145 army deal with the Limited Edition Bright Wizard.  

Centigrade

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:36 am
Centigrade
Van Evok

Nah I do have the£145 army deal with the Limited Edition Bright Wizard.
Mommy!

Oh, ok then. Not completely sure it was 2000pts that those things could make... I thought it was only like 1,500...

Yes?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:38 am
checked the inventory of the army deal, it got about 1000 points of troops and 3 characters, looks like 1500 points to me. Of course you can buy KF and make it instant 2k smile but probably more regular stuff would be ok. Go with more cannons for shooty army, more knights for hand to hand army.  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Centigrade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:20 pm
Van Evok
checked the inventory of the army deal, it got about 1000 points of troops and 3 characters, looks like 1500 points to me. Of course you can buy KF and make it instant 2k smile but probably more regular stuff would be ok. Go with more cannons for shooty army, more knights for hand to hand army.

Ok advice taken aboard. I am probally going to get another big block of state troops next as I think one just is not enough. So I am eventually going to end up with 1 unit of 20 Swordsmen and 1 unit of 20 Spearmen. Overall I am going to go with an army that has a bit of everything. I am going to get KF soon as I want to pit him against Archaon who my friend has. So right now I am going to have to re-do my characters as I do not have enough units to make a 2000 point army.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:09 am
Centigrade
Van Evok

Ok advice taken aboard. I am probally going to get another big block of state troops next as I think one just is not enough. So I am eventually going to end up with 1 unit of 20 Swordsmen and 1 unit of 20 Spearmen. Overall I am going to go with an army that has a bit of everything. I am going to get KF soon as I want to pit him against Archaon who my friend has. So right now I am going to have to re-do my characters as I do not have enough units to make a 2000 point army.
Mommy!

Archaon... Eww... I'd highly recommend against using Karl against him though. He always strikes first, and if he unleashes his sword that's a whole lot of death flying at Karl. If you really wanna screw with Archaon take an Arch Lector with Speculum and Shield of the Gorgon. Archaon has a mighty 2 attacks. Wow.

Yes?

Everlasting Chaos

Centigrade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:31 am
Everlasting Chaos
Centigrade
Van Evok

Mommy!

Archaon... Eww... I'd highly recommend against using Karl against him though. He always strikes first, and if he unleashes his sword that's a whole lot of death flying at Karl. If you really wanna screw with Archaon take an Arch Lector with Speculum and Shield of the Gorgon. Archaon has a mighty 2 attacks. Wow.

Yes?

I actually did not mean put KF against Archaon directly just in the same battle.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:40 pm
Centigrade
Everlasting Chaos
Centigrade
Van Evok

Mommy!

Yes?

I actually did not mean put KF against Archaon directly just in the same battle.
Always go for your opponets special characters. I only have a Fey enchant, but I'm getting the Green knight to help agiansts stuff like Kroq-Gar, Archaon, Techlis, etc  

Reddemon

Centigrade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:30 am
Reddemon
Centigrade
Everlasting Chaos
Centigrade
Van Evok

Mommy!

Yes?

Always go for your opponets special characters. I only have a Fey enchant, but I'm getting the Green knight to help agiansts stuff like Kroq-Gar, Archaon, Techlis, etc

Damn Brets is the army I fear the most. Very very scary on the charge indeed. I am going to try and get all the Empire SC just for the hell of it. But I have to say I like the looks of Kurt Hekborg the most. Yes I know statisticaly Karl Franz is better but I like the sound of Kurt Helborg leading a charge with a unit of Reiksguard Knights a lot more.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff