Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:29 pm
Alchemy classroom may be locked up now.

Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? I came sometime during the end of, not last term, but the term before. A couple of months at least…

2. How many posts have you made? Not sure. Quite a few, really.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? Yes to both questions.

4. Class you are applying for: Divination

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required): Alutian (Professor Serenity Summers)

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: I just have an interest in teaching Divination, and some theories on divination itself. It's something I'd like to try.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like): I'll mostly be teaching the theory of divination at first: why it works, how it works...later there will be practical work. I will give some information, but in essays the students will have to look up extra material. I will try to provide a couple of websites to make this easier. Extra points will be given to those who go above and beyond the call of duty.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.): I don't think that I can really give any references for this term, though redpopsicles and Voluptuous Jon both recommended me for the job last term.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: I'll make the students actually do a little research of their own. I believe that divination is mostly interpretation, and will make sure the students know that. They will have to think to answer homework questions instead of just copying from the lessons.

10. Anything else you would like to add: I was the Divination professor for the latter half of last term. As such, the Pre-Divination lessons may end up taking a longer time than the later years’ lessons. Also, the levels of class are not divided by year, but rather by whether or not that person participated in the previous level.

Thanks for taking the time to read my resume!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:44 pm
Question: How long will the next term last? (How many weeks)  

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

lizzieangel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:29 am

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
A year, I think.

2. How many posts have you made?
200 at last count

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
I have enrolled in classes but have not always handed work in as last term I was incredibly busy with exams and other very important reasons that I do not wish to disclose here. If any of the mods want to know, then they can PM me.

4. Class you are applying for:
Arithmancy

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Vector, lizzieangel

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
I will set rergular lessons and mark homework fairly. I will be kind to students and understanding too.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
Basic Arithmancy for first and second years with a short essay homework
Arithmancy for third and fourth years with a longer essay or an easy quiz.
Advanced Arithmancy for the other years with a research homework, a longer quiz or a long essay.
All lessons will be on the same subject which will be set weekly.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
KT can vouch for me that I was a good Arithmancy teacher.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
Willingness to try harder on a second chance

10. Anything else you would like to add:
I understand completly if you feel like I do not deserve the post of Arithmancy teacher after my lack of lessons last term but I would really like a second chance.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:06 pm
A very long time. Um. I'm not sure how long, but long.

More than KT, even though it says left, cause I quit and re-applied.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? Yes I was, and I taught classes before as well.

Muggle Studies

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Wingz, but you can call me Mizz Wingz, my username is Angilwingz

Because I really enjoyed doing it, and I miss it, so I want to do it again.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
If you want to look up past Muggle Studies classes taught by me, it will be much like that, with improvement to structure, updates on lessons for higher years, and the addition of extra credit.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
KT !

Previous head of house status.

If someone else has already replaced me as Muggle Studies teacher, I understand, however I feel I could do an excellent job.

Angilwingz

Voluptuous Jon

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:22 am
12-23-05

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Yes I have been enrolled and yes I have been diligent with the work.

Charms

I think I was Professor Jon or Professor Voluptuous, I cant remember. And my username is Voluptuous Jon.

Because I have been for the past two terms and I enjoy doing it!

It would be alike my past two years, I will teach and make students post in class and they will get some homework assignments every now and again.

Um, I had some last term and the term before that.

I am nice and smart and I like to make things perfect, and I have taught before.

Nope, thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:37 am
I will be a reference for Alutian and Voluptuous Jon, As they were both in my Astronomy Class and did the work that was assigned to them and sometimes went above and beyond just the questions/answers.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

KTweirdchick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:09 am
Fall Term's Teachers

Alutain will be teaching Divination
Angilwingz will be teaching Muggle Studies
Avatar34 will be teaching Astronomy
Celestial_Archer will be teaching Transfiguration
lizzieangel will be teaching Arithmancy
Voluptuous Jon will be teaching Charms

All teachers should note:

Your classrooms will need to be re-made for the term. I expect you to have a thread ready by the 4th. (You do not need to have a lesson up or anything like that, I just expect you to have your class thread ready for people to being posting that they'd like to sign-up for your class.) Please post here when you are ready for your old thread to be deleted. But know that all the old threads will be deleted on the 6th. (I'm giving you two extra days, seeing as how it took me so long to assign all the teachers)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:11 am
Alutian
Question: How long will the next term last? (How many weeks)

10 weeks per term
I will try to get the calender up by monday...
but I'm a busy girl...
sweatdrop

KTweirdchick

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:12 am
I'm going to dip my wand into Transfiguration biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:57 pm
Would anyone mind if I just automatically re-hired Hope Maxime Hagrid?
Since no one applied for the job and I have most of my lessons ready already for her...
It's just that I'm doing a lot of things at once for the up-coming term and don't really have time to sign on to her and re-apply...I feel like such a hypocrite... sweatdrop

KTweirdchick

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:00 pm
If someone else wanted that job I'd say no; but since it doesn't appear that anyone else does its fine with me...this time wink  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:01 pm
AGH!
Everyone, make sure you don't invite students to sign-up until the 4th...
The term hasn't started yet!!!
sweatdrop

KTweirdchick

KTweirdchick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:02 pm
Celestial Archer
If someone else wanted that job I'd say no; but since it doesn't appear that anyone else does its fine with me...this time wink

Well, if someone else wanted the job, I would be more than happy to let them take a crack at it...I can't hog the subject to myself...but since it's still open...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:03 pm
um on at note, sorry about that....Alutian said something about being moved up a year but she wasn't sure.  

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

KTweirdchick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:12 pm
So we don't have a House Elf class this term?
sweatdrop

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games