Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:07 pm
Xandris
And, to go with the new topic... Mmmm, TastyCakes. I'm glad I live in one of the few areas in America where they're distributed. The rest of you are missing out. xd

You sig... is AMAZING.

And it's all good. I'm from Texas and we have Blue Bell Ice Cream and Dublin Dr. Pepper made with cain sugar (way better.) Mmmm... Dublin Dr. Pepper with Blue Bell Ice Cream float... best thing ever....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:48 pm
I don't know if we have TastyCakes O_o

Haven't been here long enough. Perhaps I shall have to take a look see.

And..

I FINALLY HAS INTERNETZ!!!!!!!!! XD

*clears throat and recomposes herself*

And uh...bout that bluntness thing? I know blunt, ok? I dunno why people keep saying I seem to have issues with people being blunt. I don't. I have never been known for my subtlety or love of it. I do very much prefer when people just say what they mean. But it also doesn't mean you can't manage to say it in a manner that doesn't make the average person feel attacked. I s'pose the text does make things harder, though, too. And I'm really bad at interpreting the tone of it, I think. There's so many little cues one misses when they can't actually hear a person's voice. O_o

I am also starting to wonder about my talents for diplomacy. I never thought I had that. Mebbe I'm learning?

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:16 am
I would consider criticisms of my "tone" more serious except every time I hear them they are wrong. That, added to the hypocrisy of some of the criticisms tends to make me a bit unconcerned.

People often read what they want to read into what other people say, or in this case type.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:08 pm
I'M ALIVE YOU GUYS! I know I kinda disappeared for a few days, but work kinda ate my life. That and Harry Potter and House. I was marathoning House, trying to catch up by the time the new episode aired yesterday, and then I missed it anyway because I was at work. xd And I've been obsessed about watching the Harry Potter movies lately. I finally found somewhere I can watch them online (i iz por, okay?)

But anyway, let me get caught up on the rest of everything. 3nodding

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:23 pm
Heheh. Been meaning to get around to reading the Harry Potter books. But my reading list is sooooo long emo  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:25 pm
Mine too!

1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

3. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
4. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
6. Pride and Prejudice
7. This Present Darkness
8. Piercing the Darkness
9. Prophet
10. The Time Traveler's Wife
11. Sunshine
12. The Heretic's Daughter
13. Tithe
14. Valiant
15. Ironside
16. Middlesex
17. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
18. In the Forests of the Night
19. Demon in my View
20. Shattered Mirror
21. Rivalry
22. Lady Chatterly's Lover
23. The God Delusion
24. Havemercy
25. The Last Unicorn
26. Making History
27. College Girl
28. Marley and Me
29. Paint it Black
30. Kushiel's Dart
31. Kushiel's Chosen
33. Kushiel's Scion
34. Kushiel's Justice
35. Kushiel's Mercy
36. Gone with the Wind
37. 1984
38. Sabriel
39. Lirael
40. Abhorsen
41. The Art of Racing in the Rain
42. Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure
43. Lolita
44. Kitchen
45. Cut

The first two I've already knocked out for this year, and I'm reading OOTP now. My goal is 50 books by the end of 2009, but I've left some blank spaces at the end in case I come across something I wanna read during the year. 3nodding

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:39 pm
eek

Erm...mine is a less literal, more mental reading list...
I have a ton of classics I've been getting from the Easton Press that I have to get into. Plus all the good book series to catch up on.

I've also been way into the Vampire Huntress legends by LA Banks and I have the first two Eragon books and want to get Brinsingr. Aaaand Gregory McGuire has a new one out aaaaand my roomie just got me addicted to the Dresden Files. And that's just kinda off the top of my head.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:41 pm
The only reason I have a physical list is because it's my New Year's resolution- to read 50 books this year. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:01 pm
Ah. I've been meaning to make an actual list but have just never really gotten around to it. Also have it in my head to re-read some ols faves that I have and invest in a series that my old roommate got me into.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:15 pm
These are all books I haven't read before. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:22 pm
Well I kinda figured that razz

Are there any that you have or would like to read again?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:32 pm
Definitely Memoirs of a Geisha (which I've already read 2 and a half times). Uh ... The Red Tent, maybe? Captivating and Wild at Heart (two Christian non-fiction books) are really good too. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:38 pm
Hm. Never read Memoirs of a Geisha. Saw the movie, though. But then, everyone knows the book is always better 3nodding

I've been wanting to read through the Discworld books again. And I want to start collect the Drizzt books, those are the ones my old roomie got me into.

For now though, I'll probably read some more of the Dresden Files when I get back on a reading kick. Or the few recent ones that have come out. Might splurge on some books when I get my tax money. Though, I'll have to sit on most of it for now, if I don't get employment soon.

I have an idea for a story burning in my head that I might be able to turn into a book or even a series (it's one of two ideas I have). Maybe someday I'll write them and get published ^^

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:56 pm
Memoirs of a Geisha was much better as a book than as a movie, even if most of it is historically and culturally inaccurate. It explains more about stuff too. Like how Chiyo's mother died from bone cancer, and some small detail about what happened between Sayuri and the baron at his estate when he had her try on the kimono. Stuff like that.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games