Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shogun Eclipse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:06 pm
What's up guys and gals. [/crappy intro]

Anyway, you can call me Eclipse. I am naturally athletic so all of my life I have played sports. But during the summer before 6th grade I went through a rough time in my life. I lost interest in playing sports. So from 6th grade until 8t grade the only physical activity was one season of soccer.

My freshmen year I joined the football team, I weighed around 230. I was 13 years old at the time. I was only about 5'6-5'7. I had joined football to loose all that excess weight. Unfortunately I gained 5 pounds that year.

So I was convinced to join the Wrestling team. In one year I dropped to 185. And I had never cut weight or starved myself to get there either. My Junior year I (reluctantly) dropped to about 170. That was when I cut weight. I hated it. So I promised myself that on my Senior year I would wrestle at a comfortable weight, 180. Well I dropped to 180 but then I fractured my radius and my growth plate in my wrist. I went up to 200.

So my coach decided to make me wrestle up, which means I wrestled 285. I suffered several minor injuries...so I quit. Now on my own, I have dropped to 178 as of this morning.

Sorry if its a bit of a read. Anyway, I'm Eclipse and that's my story. (My pics in my sig...obviously)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:25 pm
Hi! Yay I've been accepted and thank you all for being a part of this guild its good to know there are others who are willing to share their stuggle!

I'm lookingforward to sharing mine!  

Gurei Zuvuya

Beloved Star

Almond Scented Cyanide

Dapper Nerd

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:37 pm
'Ello, my name's Liz but please call me Almond. I'll be turning 20 in two weeks. :3 I'm from frosty Michigan but I live in humid South Carolina. Too. Hot.

I've never really had a problem with weight, but moreso exercising. I'm terrible at sticking to routines and I tend to be really lazy sometimes and I sleep a lot.

My entire childhood I was really underweight because of my then high metabolism and I was really active outside. Like, so much so that people would ask my parents if they fed me. D: Once I hit puberty, though, my metabolism slowed down and I finally gained some weight and looked proportionate. I kept in shape by dancing along to hip hop music videos. However, I've since grown apart from that genre of music and I cut down on dancing because honestly, it's not that easy to dance to rock. XP

I'd be happy to lose about 10lbs. I typically hover around 124-126lbs. But I don't want to diet, just to gain some muscle tone and flatten out my stomach and thighs.

I'm currently working part-time at a bookstore which always keeps me on my toes. Running around the store, carrying 20lbs of books at a time really burns. xD I totally love it. I'm not in college right now because I hate the schools around here. I'm a wannabe radiology major, though I think I might switch to opthalmology. Though my dream career is to be a medical examiner. >.>;

Anyway, thanks for inviting me to the guild, solely from a post in a BMI thread. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:59 am
Welcome to the guild, guys! :D
If you ever need anything, feel free to PM me or drop by my journal. <3

@Almond; I'm sure she meant no offense by inviting you via that thread. It's all about working together, so we all try to get new people in and share the knowledge and support to do this!

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:11 am
Hello everyone, I'm Anne. From about 9 years old up until graduating high school, my weight has been right on the line between the upper end of healthy and overweight. However, that changed in college, as I ate every time I was stressed out. I'm 5' 9" and started at 165 pounds; now I'm in my senior year of college and weigh around 205. I'm not sure what a reasonable weight is for me since I haven't been at one for over 10 years, but somewhere between 130 and 150 sounds good.

At my school, 99.5% of people are not only healthy but very slim, which makes my weight an embarrassment and leaves me out of a lot of groups of people who otherwise would be more accepting of me. Also, I've always loved steampunk/gothic/other alternative fashions but realize that a lot of the clothes don't flatter my body right now. My mom has successfully lost a lot of weight through Weight Watchers, which is what I'm going to do to watch my calories. I'm extremely proud of her, and also mostly wearing her old wardrobe. Yeah, not good. I'd also like, as a geology major, to be able to hike more efficiently, which means stepping up the exercise.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:33 pm
Your motivation is very good - doing a good thing for your health and your career! I've heard a lot of good things about WW, I wish you all of the success in the world with it. (:
I'm also at University, and I know what you mean about the tiny ladies. =_=
Just realize that many of them don't eat enough in order to look like that, and it will cost them greatly later on - it's just not good for your body. ):

I'm Stars, welcome to the guild! If you need anything, feel free to drop by my journal in the diaries subforum, PM me, or post anywhere in here for support from everyone! <3

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:29 pm
Hi Everyone! My name is Bridget and I have been struggling with my weight my entire life. Growing up I was never a popular kid in school and often was called fat to the point that I believed it and still do. I did not live in a healthy eating household and have gained many of my mother's bad habits (stress eating especially). Recently I had to move home after graduating from college and in the last 6 months I have gained another 10lbs sending my weight to 210 lbs. and my dress size up to an XL. By joining this community it is my sincere hope to not only drop the 70 lbs that would put me at an ideal BMI for my height, but to also break bad habits of negative thinking and harmful actions such as over eating and lack of exercise.

Although I am very down on myself, I will never be down on other people and will always do my best to support and help in constructive ways. Thank you very much for accepting me into this guild and for your continued support.

Blessed Be,
Bridget  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:26 pm
Hello the name's Ngaurhoth, you can call me Hoth for short. I personally love to cosplay, and while it is a very shallow reason to lose weight(or rather gain healthy weight) I still want to be able to cosplay as this guy:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
and well, a body suit just ain't gonna cut it.
As I go around school I'm very envious of other guys, first of all I know several that have a fair amount of guys with muscle and don't have to do any work to get it. In addition I have always been insecure about my body, and while I don't like body-builder bodies, I do like muscular bodies(no you can't have my muscular cadavers D<) and want to get one for myself. Problem is I constantly procrastinate, it's not that it's really hard to work out, more that it's hard to stay motivated and remember to work out. I'm a Junior in High School, and since I'll being going to college soon, I would like to not be talked about behind my back by my room-mate about my physical appearance(which TRUST me, they often do).  

ngaurhoth1

Mega Glitch

juliezombie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:54 pm
Hi, my name is Julianne, or you can call me Julie, Juju or even Zombie. I am 22 years old and weigh about 375. Last year for my wedding I lost about 30lbs but after I quickly regained that and more. I lost my job and became depressed. It was very diffcult for me to motivate myself. It's been about a year since my wedding and I want to get healthy. I want to have a healthy pregnancy and be able to have healthy babies. I've started walking around my neighborhood and eating better.

User Image
This is me about a year ago

User Image
This is me on Easter  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:43 pm
JulieZombie, are you pregnant now? I'm not sure, but that was the feeling I got from your intro, if so you should talk to your doctor before you try losing weight, its my understanding that you should not lose weight when you are pregnant. Most women should gain weight, but the goal for women who are overweight is not to gain more weight than the amniotic fluids account for... but, this is informations from the internets and should be verified by a doctor because I'm in no way an expert. If you aren't, I'm sorry for getting the wrong idea. : P

Welcome~! Eating healthy is a big thing here and so there's lots of good tips. : ) You should make a food journal!  

Tandahda
Crew

juliezombie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:02 am
I'm not pregnant, I want to be pregnant. I have talked to my doctor and he told me that it's more difficult for overweight women to conceive. My cousin is over weight and she had a baby but durring her pregnancy she sufferd from gestational diabetes and as a result her son was born under weight. The point of my intro was that I want to get healthy so that I could have healthy babies one day...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:38 pm
Hey everyone. Well, my name's Richard and I'm 30 years old. I was overweight throughout my childhood and can remember such chants from back then as "Fat Albert" and everyone mimicking the earth shaking from an earthquake. After high school however, I sorta pushed myself into obesity. I'd been depressed for a really long time to where I would sabotage the few times I did go on diets. Well, it effectively prohibited my from becoming a Commercial Airline Pilot (though I am licensed as such) due to the immense current weight of 370lbs.

Personally, I'm sick not only of being judged for being overweight, but for judging myself even when no one has said or expressed anything. I'll think in my mind that everyone is thinking horrible things about me, even if they are showing the opposite with their actions. I'm actually getting ready to start a "Biggest Loser" fundraiser at church and putting teams together to see how much combined weight can be lost (with myself working hard for my own benefit), and have enlisted the help of a friend at church who is also a PE teacher for the county that has agreed to help me keep the metabolism going and exercise routines varied.

Let's see.... It's almost a year old as it's from my 30th birthday meal at a local Japanese Steakhouse, but It gives a slight idea (I'm somewhat larger now than even in that picture).

User Image  

Waffle King Richard

Sweet Alchemist

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:58 pm
JulieZombie
I'm not pregnant, I want to be pregnant. I have talked to my doctor and he told me that it's more difficult for overweight women to conceive. My cousin is over weight and she had a baby but durring her pregnancy she sufferd from gestational diabetes and as a result her son was born under weight. The point of my intro was that I want to get healthy so that I could have healthy babies one day...

*Nodnod* I was just wondering, and I'm sorry if I offended you.
That's a great goal.

Welcome Richard! This is a great place for you! I'm glad to have more males on the board. : ) Becoming healthy is good for any time of life.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:27 pm
You didn't offend me Sweetie, I just have the tendency to come of Bit**y. I'm sorry!!!!!!! Plus my husband was annoying me at the time of typing that!!!!!!!

Sorry  

juliezombie

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:12 am
No worries at all, I've got a friend that used to constantly get asked when her baby was coming (despite not being pregnant at all) just because of her body shape. So I know its a touchy subject and I hate being mistaken. : P  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games