Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:30 pm
AngryRobotsInc.

I do think my issue with black teas is that most of what I've had is of the crap variety, though.
Quite likely. How do you feel about Oolongs?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:33 pm
I've never actually tried any Oolong varieties. I've mostly had greens, blacks, and very very few whites.  

IH_Zero

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:46 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
I've never actually tried any Oolong varieties. I've mostly had greens, blacks, and very very few whites.
I'd give them a try actually. They have more body than greens, less than blacks and when taken with fatty foods, they can help flush some of that fat through your system.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:51 pm
Awesome. I'll keep that in mind, too. I'm looking at tea seriously now, instead of "That would be nice to try sometime" because I'm trying to cut soda out of my diet, and would like to have a healthier alternative. I've had a few loose leaf types in the past, mostly when I was able to go to nice places that made it as such, and know it's certainly better quality than anything you can get off the shelf in a bag, or powdered.  

IH_Zero

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:10 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Awesome. I'll keep that in mind, too. I'm looking at tea seriously now, instead of "That would be nice to try sometime" because I'm trying to cut soda out of my diet, and would like to have a healthier alternative. I've had a few loose leaf types in the past, mostly when I was able to go to nice places that made it as such, and know it's certainly better quality than anything you can get off the shelf in a bag, or powdered.

I've noticed a lot of people use tea as a way to cut soda out of their diets. biggrin It was met with success for me until I discovered green tea ginger ale.

It's not exactly tea, but it's pretty delicious.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:18 pm
Collowrath

I have been known to cook with tea in order to flavor soda water.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:43 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Sounds delicious.

I'm curious about using tea as a spice. I've heard of it, but I've never worked up the nerve to try it. Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:57 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Sounds delicious.

I'm curious about using tea as a spice. I've heard of it, but I've never worked up the nerve to try it. Any suggestions?
Start with small, finely ground amounts of tea- pair it with other spices and mix it in then taste it.  

TeaDidikai

Calixti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:09 pm
TeaDidikai
I picked up some more of my favorite Black when I was in Seattle last. heart
Ooh, really? What tea?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:40 pm
Collowrath

I've noticed a lot of people use tea as a way to cut soda out of their diets. biggrin It was met with success for me until I discovered green tea ginger ale.

My dad mentioned getting some of that for me the other day, but I have no idea where he put it....  

Ainwyn

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:15 pm
Calixti
TeaDidikai
Ooh, really? What tea?
Natela Gold Standard, also known as Natela's Old Lady Tea.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:31 pm
TeaDidikai
Calixti
TeaDidikai
Ooh, really? What tea?
Is this it? If so, I may give it a go once I'm no longer broke. I need to pick up more Irish Breakfast and restock a few of my favourite rooibos blends too. sweatdrop  

Calixti

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:33 pm
Calixti
TeaDidikai
Calixti
TeaDidikai
Ooh, really? What tea?
Is this it? If so, I may give it a go once I'm no longer broke. I need to pick up more Irish Breakfast and restock a few of my favourite rooibos blends too. sweatdrop
Yep. That's where I buy mine too.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:17 am
I love living in a city. In addition to the number of Asian, Middle Eastern, and Indian food markets, all of which have some variety of loose leaf tea, there's a Russian and European food market which stocks a bunch of varieties of Chelton loose teas. Which is great, because at the other aforementioned stores, it's mostly green tea, darjeeling, and chai. And Earl Grey at one of the Middle Eastern ones. heart  

Calixti

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:10 am
I'm doing some browsing for my Christmas list, and am currently looking at tea pots (we already have a kettle). I'm looking mostly at glass, because I rather like watching the water's color change. Given that I have very little idea what the hell I'm doing, I was wondering if this looked like a decent enough pot. I'd like something that comes with a removable infuser already, and that looks nice enough, but I have no idea if the infuser is wide enough to really let the tea move or anything.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games