Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Comedy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:29 am
xXx White Lily xXx
eek I love the moon. My favourite bit is when he sings Lovecats whee
I was just about to ask if anyone saw Noel Fielding on Buzzcocks, so you led me onto that quite nicely blaugh

I saw the last half of it of it or so, but the focus was mostly on slagging off Donny Tourette, wasn't it?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:41 am
yeah, I was annoyed that Noel was on the same day as that Donny cause I knew he'd prob try and hog all the limelight.. luckily Noel did manage to get a few words in edgeways  

xXx White Lily xXx

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:22 am
Russell Brand's standup > Russell Brand on TV
3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:18 am
Howard Moon > Vince Noir.

You know it's true.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:25 pm
Nah, love 'em both equally 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:40 pm
I hope you don't mind me bringing this thread up a bit. I want to add an underestimated comedy... The Young Ones. I was watching it when I was little, back when they showed it here in the states on MTV. A long, long time ago. I recently grabbed some dvds to refresh my memory and of course I understood a lot more this time around. Still hilarious as ever. Of course Monthy Python is on top too. Fawlty towers has always been a favorite, thanks to my mum. But my most favorite British comedy show (ok, next to the Office I guess) has to be Coupling (Before Jeff went to Lesbos). That was the first show in a very long time that I watched religiously and laughed just as hard or harder watching the same episode over again. They just got it right. Seriously.  

festara

Peculiar Monsieur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:39 am
I am a fan of Monty Python's Flying Circus, hence John Cleese's silly walk in my signature. Of the British television comedy that I have seen other than Python, I've seen the original Whose Line Is It Anyway? which is British. I've also seen short little clips of British television shows on The Internets. Other than that, I am nowhere exposed enough. There should be a British channel for regular cable. Not one of those 1000 channel deals. And BBC doesn't count either!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:39 am
Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps! FTW! amazing show  

banksy800

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:36 am
Never understood what people thought was good about that programme.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:10 am
A bit of Fry and Laurie- fantastic.  

ficklefiend
Crew

Creatio ex Nihilo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:34 pm
For the first time ever, I saw the Monty Python film in RS and I think that's quite a laugh.. Or am I just an idiot?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:46 pm
Which Monty Python film? The life of Brian I assume. We watched that one in Religious Studies when I was at school (oh so many moons ago) It still makes me laugh just as hard today. A brilliant celebration of getting hold of the wrong end of the metaphorical stick and beating yourself soundly about the head with it.  

Rev.Matt

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:28 am
Bremner, Bird and Fortune...

Okay, so I really shouldn't be laughing in some ways I guess, but honestly, those guys are SO on the nail every time. Not only that, but they are so often bringing up background stuff which you can laugh at, at first....and later think about and investigate for yourself.

Before that for me, Spitting Image, Drop the Dead Donkey and Yes Minister/PM were probably the best, political satire-wise, but I feel that they lacked the...immediacy that Bremner, Bird and Fortune offers. Still highly entertaining in any case smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:09 pm
Rev.Matt
Which Monty Python film? The life of Brian I assume. We watched that one in Religious Studies when I was at school (oh so many moons ago) It still makes me laugh just as hard today. A brilliant celebration of getting hold of the wrong end of the metaphorical stick and beating yourself soundly about the head with it.

I watched that with my family. No it was the one with Gaz..I think it was called The Full Monty or something..The one where a group of chaps set out to strip for money. It was a laugh because they were inexperienced but I didn't understand have the humour..To be honest.  

Creatio ex Nihilo

Rev.Matt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:42 pm
Creatio ex Nihilo

For the first time ever, I saw the Monty Python film in RS and I think that's quite a laugh.. Or am I just an idiot?

No it was the one with Gaz..I think it was called The Full Monty or something..The one where a group of chaps set out to strip for money. It was a laugh because they were inexperienced but I didn't understand have the humour..To be honest.

I'm pretty damned sure The Full Monty is nothing to do with Monty Python. I could be wrong and have accidentally slipped into a parallel dimension where very, very strange things happen on a regular basis, but I'm nearly completely sure (bar dimension slippage) it doesn't.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff