Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:54 pm
I wonder If we'll get anything on DoW II.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:57 pm

As big as its going to be and how big the other games were, I'd say that its got a pretty damned good shot at being there.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:55 pm
Well, 2008 is apparently the year of the epic sequels. Some games released and/or announnced this year:

Fallout 3
Starcraft 2
Baldur's Gate 3
Diablo 3
Deus Ex 3
Grand Theft Auto 4
Metal Gear Solid 4
Resident Evil 5
Far Cry 2
Fable 2

I'm probably forgetting some things too, but I think just a couple of those by themselves are enough for most people.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:21 pm
Baldur's Gate is getting another sequel? Maybe I should check it out.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:16 pm

I've heard that the Baldur's gate games are pretty damned good. Haven't ever played 'em, mostly for the sake of cash. What's the gist of 'em? From the word on the street they're based in D&D, but what isn't these days?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:14 pm
I don't know, I've heard they were good as well, so I ask the same question.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:16 pm

Speaking of D&D, though on a completely different topic, I'm pissed off that the 4th edition release didn't include the 3D gaming tool that was supposed to release with the book.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:26 pm
Caleidah

Speaking of D&D, though on a completely different topic, I'm pissed off that the 4th edition release didn't include the 3D gaming tool that was supposed to release with the book.
Huh, maybe they're releasing it as a separate product?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:30 pm
DarkElf27
Caleidah

Huh, maybe they're releasing it as a separate product?

They are, although Wizards of the Coast had promised that the thing was going to be released with the book. And they said that several months before its release.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:47 am
I now know for sure that there is no god: http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/watchmen/893589p1.html  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:04 pm

God might just be in hiding, Brookman. It could turn out to be fairly cool. *is still hunting for a copy of Watchmen*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:01 am
Universal rule: if a game is to tie into a movie, it will blow in 99% of the cases.

Only exception to this is Chronicles of Riddick - Escape from Butcher Bay and that is only because it is a franchise tie-in and not a movie to game adaptation.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:38 am
Gears of War is most boring, not fun to watch at all. Not even the fabled chainsawgun moments are that eye catching. Call of Duty is now being loaded up behind me, I hope this one is better.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:23 am
I think I am gonna buy Mercenaries 2, because total destruction is so much fun! I'll buy it if I find my wallet that is... cry  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:39 am
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]
I think I am gonna buy Mercenaries 2, because total destruction is so much fun! I'll buy it if I find my wallet that is... cry

I'd possibly get it if I had the console, as I enjoyed the first one to a huge degree.

General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games