Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:15 pm
Yukia-PerrianDM
Could someone please, on the "A Current List of all DM's and their Quests" thread, post beside Perrian's username this username in ( )? Also, could someone please add Dungeon: Royal Kidnapping to one of my present things?
There you go.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:50 pm
Ok so a guy is trying to make his character who just joined the guild. He wants to be part of the "Council Org" straight from the get go. while that is not a problem (he really just gets the item right off) he also wants to spend 1CP on a org ability. is that allowed?  

DM of Death

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:51 pm
I did it when I changed to the angelic choir, so I don't see why not.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:51 pm
DM of Death
Ok so a guy is trying to make his character who just joined the guild. He wants to be part of the "Council Org" straight from the get go. while that is not a problem (he really just gets the item right off) he also wants to spend 1CP on a org ability. is that allowed?

I don’t see any reason why someone could not spend starting points in org skills.  

FARGORE
Captain

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:52 pm
I don't have a problem with it. Your still limited to a 24 point character after all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:10 pm
Lots of changes Changes
Spells can no longer have an MP cost below 1.

Speedy caster now only cost 1 MP to use.

You must buy multiple ranks of speedy caster to use more than once and you may only purchase it a max of two times.

Fast caster now only cost 4CP.

All above where also changed for the action version of the abilities.

Fireball nerfed: Deal 2 damage per point of Magic to any amount of enemies, divided however you wish.

Meteor nerfed: Deal 2 damage per point of Combat to any amount of enemies, divided however you wish.

The Magic fountain is going to be split into several reads. There will be a waiting list to enter and a specific DM will be in charge of running it. You can only be on one fountains waiting list. You can only enter a fountain in groups of 4. The rules for the magic fountain will be posted, including how easy it is to find the fountain itself and the “Ancient Pillar”.
These effects officially take place after the current Runs in the fountain are done. I have changed the current fountain to be mine, if another DM would like to run one then can create it using mine as a baseline.

Characters can now buy the ability Pet that allows you to control 2 cp worth of pet. You can only buy it once and it is replaced by the tamer ability which you can invest as much as you like in.

Magic Bow nerfed: E2, 5 charges, use 1 charge and 1 MP to deal 2 damage per a point of magic to one target. Counts as magical damage.

The werewolf organization will be added as the 12th organization for RPS.

Organization items are lost if you leave the organization, you still get to keep the abilities.

Fury now cost 4 and increases in cost by 2 each time you buy it. You may only purchase it a maximum of 4 times. (so cost progression from first to last is 4, 6, 8, 10)

New character creation abilities (or moved from special list)
Magic Pull: 3CP
Once per turn, you may redirect any single source of Magic damage directed at one ally to you. Cannot be used if you have already had enough damage allotted to you to knock you out.
Special Pull: 3CP
Once per turn, you may redirect any single source of Special damage directed at one ally to you. Cannot be used if you have already had enough damage allotted to you to knock you out.
True Guardian: (5 CP) Redirect any offensive spell, action, ability, or attack that causes any type of damage to yourself instead. Cannot be used if you have already had enough damage allotted to you to knock you out.
Pet: (1 CP) allows you to control 2CP worth of pets. You may only purchase this ability once. This ability is replaced by Tamer. You may invest any amount in tamer (your one point in pet does convert to one point in tamer)

New items in the item shop (or moved from special list)
Magic Bunny : [2] cost 500 chips, attack 0, defense 0, combat 0, life 5(1) magic: 1, Equip: 0
Attack Squirrel: [2] cost 500 chips, attack 1, defense 0, combat 0, life 5(1) magic: 0, Equip: 0
Action-Special Block(1AP): Resist 1 point of Special damage this turn per point of Defense you have.
Spells-
Heal, Lesser(1 MP): Heal yourself or one party member by 1 HP per 2 points of Magic, rounded down.
Heal (2 MP): Heal yourself or one party member by 1 life per a point of Magic.
Stunbolt(2 MP): Deals 1 damage per a point of magic to one target, target looses one action or spell use this turn.
Fighters Heal(3 MP): Heal yourself or one party member by 7 life.
Fighters Mana shield(3 MP): Set your temporary life layer to be equal to 9.
Over Blast: (3 MP) Magic x3 damage, with single target.

New items added to the ticket shop. (or moved from special list)
Action-Deflect(3 AP): Block 15 points of Physical damage to yourself this turn.
Spells-
Arc Lightning(3MP): Deal 3 times your magic damage to one enemy. You may pay an additional 1MP to hit another Enemy for 1/3 of the original damage. Max targets obtainable = to magic score.
Heal, Improved(3 MP): Heal yourself or one party member by 1 and a 1/2 HP per point of Magic, rounded down.
Heal, Greater(4 MP): Heal yourself or one party member by 2 HP per point of Magic.
Incinerate (4 MP): Deal 3 damage per point of Magic to any amount of enemies, divided however you wish.  

FARGORE
Captain

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:15 pm
If changes to abilities affect your character you may refund those abilities and repurchase as you please.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:25 pm
The reason I got skilled caster is because it only cost 4 instead of fast caster's price of 6. Could I change my skilled caster to fast caster or do I have to stick with skilled caster?

And I brought the heal spell when it was in the ticket shop. Do I still have the ticket lost or do I regain that ticket?  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

-A M P-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:59 pm
I guess i'd like to use my one retool then, cause I just got ultra nerfed!

Before:
Character name: Gerbo [33] Tosscobble Posting Leader, Shopkeeper
Attack: 1
Defense: 2
Combat Dice: 1d3 (1)
Magic: 7
Life: 15 (3)
Equip: 5
Abilities: Magic Shield(2), Skilled Caster (4), Fast Caster (6), Speedy Magic (2)
Items:
- [Amulets] - Wizard's Amulet, Amulet of Spell Dispersion, Apprentice Amulet x2,
- [Staves] - Apprentice Staff, Staff of Mist, Priests Staff
- [Potions] - Healing Potion x2, Strength Potion, Potion of Defense, Potion of Endurance
- [Charge Items + Tokens] - Leo's Talisman (c 1/1), Mist Beast Token (Die c 2/3), Goblin Patroller Token, Charge Coin x14
- [Gear] - Armor of Mist, Spellkill Shield, Ring of Foresight
- [Non-Dungeon Items] - Shop Ticket, AP Fighter Mage

Spells: Fireball, Energy Burst, Singe, Stun Bolt, Counter-spell, Lesser Mana Shield, Living Mist, Heal, Frost, Chill, Mana Sheild, Twin Blast
Actions: Smash, Supreme Strike, Power Up, Call Mist
Special Locations: Order of Magic Preservation, The Red Dragon Lounge
Money: 35

AFTER
Character name: Gerbo [33] Tosscobble Posting Leader, Shopkeeper
Attack: 1
Defense: 2
Magic: 7
Life: 15 (3)
Equip: 5
Abilities: Magic Shield(2), Fast Caster x2(8 ), Speedy Magic x2 (4)
Items:
- [Amulets] - Wizard's Amulet, Amulet of Spell Dispersion, Apprentice Amulet x2,
- [Staves] - Apprentice Staff, Staff of Mist, Priests Staff
- [Potions] - Healing Potion x2, Strength Potion, Potion of Defense, Potion of Endurance
- [Charge Items + Tokens] - Leo's Talisman (c 1/1), Mist Beast Token (Die c 2/3), Goblin Patroller Token, Charge Coin x14
- [Gear] - Armor of Mist, Spellkill Shield, Ring of Foresight
- [Non-Dungeon Items] - Shop Ticket, AP Fighter Mage

Spells: Fireball, Energy Burst, Singe, Stun Bolt, Counter-spell, Lesser Mana Shield, Living Mist, Heal, Frost, Chill, Mana Sheild, Twin Blast
Actions: Smash, Supreme Strike, Power Up, Call Mist
Special Locations: Order of Magic Preservation, The Red Dragon Lounge
Money: 35

so now I get 3 mp a turn, use one for speedy magic, and with my staff equiped, still can use the other 2 mp to cast any 2, 2 mp spells. I guess it doesn't change much, but hampers my power growth for further endevors...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:16 pm
Quote:
Organization items are lost if you leave the organization, you still get to keep the abilities.

Does this count for spells/actions/items that you have made????

Cause if so that kinda sucks... I'm already feeling nerfed, even more so since stunbolt is now in the item shop. We don't get anything special for this org anymore... *cries*  

-A M P-

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:19 pm
-A M P-
Quote:

Does this count for spells/actions/items that you have made????

Cause if so that kinda sucks... I'm already feeling nerfed, even more so since stunbolt is now in the item shop. We don't get anything special for this org anymore... *cries*

No, the stuff you make is still your to keep.
It’s just the item you get automatically for joining the guild that they take back.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:22 pm
Perrian
The reason I got skilled caster is because it only cost 4 instead of fast caster's price of 6. Could I change my skilled caster to fast caster or do I have to stick with skilled caster?

And I brought the heal spell when it was in the ticket shop. Do I still have the ticket lost or do I regain that ticket?

Yes you can change and because it was so recent I will refund you a shop ticket.  

FARGORE
Captain

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:22 pm
Ok, thank you Fargore.

Old Stats

Username: Perrian
Character name: Perrian (25) Servant of Shiva
Attack: 0
Defense: 0
Magic: 3
Life: 40 [8]
Equip: 4
Abilities: Skilled Caster (4), Heal (3), Angelic Sacrifice (3)
Items: *Blessed* Angel's Mark, Apprentice's Amulet, Sorcerer's Amulet, Shield, Seal Charm, Strength Potion, Combat Potion, Defense Potion, Health potion, Goblin Patroller Token, Charge Coin x14
Spells: Heal, Lesser Mana Shield, Counter-spell
Actions: Stunning Blow
Special Locations: The Order of Preservation of Magic, The Red Dragon Lounge
Money: 465 chips
CP 2

New Stats

Username: Perrian
Character name: Perrian (25) Servant of Shiva
Attack: 0
Defense: 0
Magic: 3
Life: 40 [8]
Equip: 4
Abilities: Fast Caster (4), Heal (3), Angelic Sacrifice (3)
Items: *Blessed* Angel's Mark, Apprentice's Amulet, Sorcerer's Amulet, Shield, Seal Charm, Strength Potion, Combat Potion, Defense Potion, Health potion, Goblin Patroller Token, Charge Coin x14, Shop Ticket
Spells: Heal, Lesser Mana Shield, Counter-spell
Actions: Stunning Blow
Special Locations: The Order of Preservation of Magic, The Red Dragon Lounge
Money: 465 chips
CP 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:25 pm
Holly Tolito, thats a huge nerf to my character, especially to an item only I have. Well, I ask that you let me finish my tournament as is because I'm going to have to completely re spec my character now. Also I think mage's should be able to exchange their fireball for over blast if they so desire as most mages bought that as there nuking spell rather than an aoe. Unless you have a magic score like mine that spell has now become almost useless to most mages as they barely do enough damage to with the 2x magic score to finish off one target. I personally think fireball and meteor should be nerfed to 2.5 rather than 2 as an aditional 1mp is a rather exorbant cost to just be able to spread you damage around.  

Kowsauni
Crew

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:35 pm
Kowsauni
Holly Tolito, thats a huge nerf to my character, especially to an item only I have. Well, I ask that you let me finish my tournament as is because I'm going to have to completely re spec my character now. Also I think mage's should be able to exchange their fireball for over blast if they so desire as most mages bought that as there nuking spell rather than an aoe. Unless you have a magic score like mine that spell has now become almost useless to most mages as they barely do enough damage to with the 2x magic score to finish off one target. I personally think fireball and meteor should be nerfed to 2.5 rather than 2 as an aditional 1mp is a rather exorbant cost to just be able to spread you damage around.

Yes you may finish your tournament before the changes take place, and anyone may exchange their fireball if they wish.

Does everyone think the changes make sense? I know no one likes their character getting nerfed but, are they fair? The idea was that we were getting tons of mages that could throw off ridicules amounts of powerful spells like water. That’s why we put the limit of three spells and the min MP cost of 1. This is new and still totally up for negotiation. So if there are any suggestions to fix the nerf I’m open to them.  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games