Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:39 pm

Syumerrt
Well I'm closing down another failed literate roleplay that never got off the ground....though I hadn't made a actual IC post, I was waiting for people to join...sadly no one did and Barton Town drowned my poor creation under a bunch of illiterate crap, was going to do something medieval involving some civil war with a few major nobles trying to gain a empty throne....too bad half the time Barton seems to find ways to get rid of literate roleplays, so umm....anyone got some helpful ideas for me?

Cling for dear life to the good RPers that you know and PM them anytime that you start a new RP.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Syumerrt
Well I'm closing down another failed literate roleplay that never got off the ground....though I hadn't made a actual IC post, I was waiting for people to join...sadly no one did and Barton Town drowned my poor creation under a bunch of illiterate crap, was going to do something medieval involving some civil war with a few major nobles trying to gain a empty throne....too bad half the time Barton seems to find ways to get rid of literate roleplays, so umm....anyone got some helpful ideas for me?

Private roleplays. Or, better yet, don't roleplay on Gaia, all the "literates" really aren't. You should try to hunt some down on InvisionFree, they host a lot of different forums, not all for roleplaying, but a lot of good forums for roleplaying go there and to other forum hosts. Just search around, you'll get lucky.

Or you could just grab people you know would be dedicated and literate.

--

@Cale: NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD
That being said, I'm jealous. xd I require monies, but when I get said monies, I'm blowing it all on making a Death Korps Commissar. And THEN I'll save up for important things, like a car, apartment, college, video games, 40K, I'm trailing off again...
Good work, though biggrin

Necro Fusion

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Well the good roleplayers I know so far either have too many roleplays, are dedicated to one roleplay, different timezones, or in Torika's case want to play a orc when I want to have just humans for the roleplay.
Hoping to dear god that I can get the almighty MachinaMaker the next time he logs on....whenever that is.
On second thought, here's the RP I was thinking of closing, my latest version of Blood & Iron
X
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Necro Fusion

@Cale: NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD
That being said, I'm jealous. xd I require monies, but when I get said monies, I'm blowing it all on making a Death Korps Commissar. And THEN I'll save up for important things, like a car, apartment, college, video games, 40K, I'm trailing off again...
Good work, though biggrin

Well, the nerdiness of what I made is whetted by the fact that I'll be wearing that stuff while out on a field and possibly having my s**t broken by padded weapons. I've been winded more than once by single strikes. Last week I had a bruise from my ankle to mid-calf. I've seen people get hurled through the air. All in all...good times. smile

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Yeah, there's that roleplay I was planning to close.
So how do you send people flying with padded weapons???
I would love to get involved in a Warhammer Fantasy LARP, or something like D&D maybe a medieval LARP or something like A Song Of Fire And Ice....too bad where I live there's no such thing as LARP, and the kids at my school...well my classmates from this year in 9th grade in PE think I'm weird since I like roleplaying.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:03 pm

Syumerrt
Yeah, there's that roleplay I was planning to close.
So how do you send people flying with padded weapons???
I would love to get involved in a Warhammer Fantasy LARP, or something like D&D maybe a medieval LARP or something like A Song Of Fire And Ice....too bad where I live there's no such thing as LARP, and the kids at my school...well my classmates from this year in 9th grade in PE think I'm weird since I like roleplaying.

*swat* No. Belegarth is not a LARP. The weapons are made with a solid core and usually only about 1.25" of heavy cell foam padding. Larger weapons have more padding, obviously. The other day, Fox (one of the guys in my realm, huge son of a b***h) was using the equivalent of a greatsword. Thing was about 5' long, weighed something like three pounds. He got up a good head of steam and caught someone right across the chest. They were knocked clean of their feet and back several feet. Another time, I saw someone get hoisted up off of their feet and over someone's shoulder on the end of a spear.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:11 pm

Hmm so more of a like you're acting as if you're using real weapons in some fight?
Well asked someone if they want to join that I know from a past literate roleplay, say would you be interested in joining Cal?
There's going to be babies having their heads dashed against walls ((Poor Aegon had his head dashed against the wall by Gregor Clegane, think it was just to get some sort of honour from Robert for killing a Targaryen.)), Holds being burned with their people inside, you the stuff that would actually happen in a medieval war that I have hardly seen in some roleplays or fantasy stories...which is why I like A Song Of Fire And Ice series since it's a bit realistic for a fantasy story.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:31 pm

Syumerrt
Hmm so more of a like you're acting as if you're using real weapons in some fight?
Well asked someone if they want to join that I know from a past literate roleplay, say would you be interested in joining Cal?
There's going to be babies having their heads dashed against walls ((Poor Aegon had his head dashed against the wall by Gregor Clegane, think it was just to get some sort of honour from Robert for killing a Targaryen.)), Holds being burned with their people inside, you the stuff that would actually happen in a medieval war that I have hardly seen in some roleplays or fantasy stories...which is why I like A Song Of Fire And Ice series since it's a bit realistic for a fantasy story.

www.belegarth.com
All of the rules are there, but here's a quick run of it.
All limbs can take one point of damage. If you get hit on your arm and you're not wearing armor, you put it behind your back to represent it being cut off. If you get hit in the leg, you go down on that knee. If you lose two limbs, you're dead. If you get hit in the torso, you're dead.

Blue weapons are less than 48" long and are traditionally used one handed. This includes swords, axes, and flails.

Red weapons are 48" or longer and weigh at least 24 oz. They do two points of damage to the target area, which means that they strike through armor.

Green weapons are stabbing. This primarily means spears. If you build a weapon and want to be able to stab with it, it has to be green legal.

Yellow weapons are projectiles, meaning javelins and arrows. They have to pass all of the various other rules along with several other more strenuous safety checks.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:40 pm

Hmm, bring out the shield and one hand sword for me, shield bash and a quck slash at the knee followed by return cut to the chest...how do you like me now?! Now if we could get a chapter down here in the Southern US.
So would you like to join the roleplay or haven't looked at it from the link.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:57 pm

I like RP's, am very lit, but alas. I only really am interested in an IG RP.

Optional Roles are; Frontline Officer

Tank commander.

Is hard to find an active roleplay.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:28 am

Paul, you look like an effete fop! gonk
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:30 am

Kaori Kapoigne
Paul, you look like an effete fop! gonk

I blame the poofy sleeves.

A slightly more better picture?
User Image

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Who is the girl?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Everyone else should share their pictures. ninja

So I can continue on with my ability to pick out your flaws and not tell you about them. >o>

Sir Kyle Aziz

Necro Fusion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:44 pm

Sir Kyle, I'm very fully aware of my own flaws. xd

But wow. That actually sounds really interesting, Cale, and sounds like something I'd try to do. As for the roleplay, I'll check it out myself. :3

But let's see here... Browse Facebook for a good yet new picture of myself, I guess...

User Image
User Image

See the resemblance yet?
... Also, just so no one's shocked, we all remember my signature and it's warning that I am, in fact, a guy, right? eek
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games