Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:18 pm

We didn't even go to contest. Stupid snow got it canceled. xp Probably would have gotten II or III, though. Evidently last year the high school was amazing, but all the good people graduated...and all they got was us freshmen. Not quite a replacement, aye? lol But I must admit, most of the upperclassmen don't practice at all. To be honest, I think less than 20-30% of the band practices regularly. I do, just because I'm that big of a band nerd.

The funny thing is we can now to state through default...and we are. It's time for a miracle, yes? Ha ha

On an unrelated note: ~Happy Belated Birthday to Masq!~

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:29 am
*looks at calendar, counts days*

About...21 days until we leave for Disney.
And...six band classes during that time.
We're screwed. D:  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:27 pm
w00t, leaving for Chicago next Friday! We dropped the ridiculously hard piece, so now we can surely get first place by a large margin!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:33 pm
Good luck!

We have two new songs for Disney...

One we haven't seen before and it's in 5/4...
Other we played before but sucked...and now suck worse.
And our other three songs from the concert...

So, we're gonna fail. Majorly. >_>  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:02 pm

A most random post on the subject of hard songs:
Don't you hate it when your given a wicked hard, yet awesome sounding song that you really want to play. You spend hours working on it, but few other people do, so it sounds horrible and you have to drop it? scream

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:15 am
Aelfwyn, that would be pretty much our entire band right there...-_-

There's a reason we're the second of the two. And it's because we suck.

Lessee...none of our trumpets aside from one practice like, ever...
Hartmetz always has to work with about...the entirety of the woodwinds for a large chunk of the class because they don't practice their 16th note runs and suck at them...
And then there's us in percussion. Enough said. >_>

Oh, wait, you were talking about hard music, not sucky band members. Oops.  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:01 am

I'm implying hard music paired with sucky band members xp Yeah, our trumpets don't practice either... I don't claim to be good myself, but at least I practice regularly. Considering I picked up horn two months ago, I need all the practice I can get. xp

What really sucks is this the only band, so I cannot dream about being in a "top" band. Small school, smaller music program

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:34 pm
Our school was really small a few years ago.
I mean, it opened in 2003...
That year, there was no graduating class, the highest grade were juniors.
Now I'm rather surprised that the entire school can still fit in the gym for pep rallies.

Our marching band was a 1A at the time, if I remember what H said correctly...and we're now a large 4A, or small 5A...

Maybe yours'll get bigger too?  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:25 pm
That's exactly what happened to us D=
on a scale of 1-6 it was like an 8.
The range was ridiculous, the rhythms and time signatures were equally ridiculous. Colonel Graham said that if anybody could pull it off we could.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:37 pm
[User Image]

My school's over 100 years old (Original building caught on fire, that one rare tornado hit it not too long after, and then they decided to relocate to where the school is now). I can't say I know a lot about my school's band history, but I can say that there have been tons of different band directors. The town I live in experienced a bit of a population boom sometime in the 90's. Before that, I can only guess what the division was, since the town used to be fairly tiny and unexciting and Colorado Bandmasters Association has only been going since 1980. The school educates roughly 2500 students now, so we're a 5A band. The band received 1st place in 4A back in 1995, so we haven't been in 5A for a terribly long time. I should go look at some of the older trophies and see if we ever competed in 1A, 2A, or 3A.

[User Image]

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

peridot1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:10 pm
for a contest idea, the admin of the guild can come up with a random number generator,like this " a random number between 1 and 500, the number to get is 475" then you go to the post action while you post something, and choose random number, type in the number guild lines, in the example: 1-500 and post your comment. first one to get the magic number in the example:475 wins the prize, whatever you want it to be, suggestion though, the harder the number is to get, the bigger the prize or worth of the prize.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:59 pm
We've only had one director so far...and that's Hartmetz.

And knowing our luck, he'll be there a lot longer than any of us can imagine. XD  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:23 pm
[User Image]

In the time that I've been in high school, there have been two band directors. I'm a senior now.

[User Image]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:53 am
My high school has had the same band director FOREVER.

And spring break is over, new classes are starting. It makes me sad.  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:59 am
I'm starting to think that Hartmetz gets more insane every marching season...

Parade practice on Thursday, he threatened to throw the snare player across the street we were practicing on, called me and the snare player short, and almost gave the lead flute player in my line a heart attack by running at her and pulling her back to the center. o_o;;

And he made me play cymbals...jeez, those HURT.

And our spring break just ended, too...last week. We don't start new classes after that, though.  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games