Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:39 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

plants & nature

πŸ’ BOUQUET - create a bouquet for them! what do those flowers mean? are any of the flowers their particular favourite?
Hmm... well, there definitely would have to be lavender to reflect her connection with Ed. But other than that I'm not sure... I'll have to think about that more.

πŸŒ™ MOON - what is your oc's greatest wish? how far are they willing to go for it?
For Ed and Izzy to be happy. She will go out of her way to make sure it happens, even if it means she has to be hands on putting things into motion.

πŸŒ‹ VOLCANO - how bad is their temper? is it a slow boil, or a instant explosion?
It's like a storm. She will appear calm on the outside but there will be slight signs of her anger boiling within (glaring eyes, sudden refraining from speaking as if holding back on what she really wants to say). If things don't improve, it can eventually boil over and like a storm, it will be a hurricane like gust of anger directed to whoever she's upset with or those who contributed to her state.

🌺 HIBISCUS - do they have any allergies?
No.

🍁 MAPLE LEAF - what is their favourite season? why?
Summer. Perfect sailing and beach time weather.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:45 am

πŸƒ FALLING LEAF - do they enjoy being in nature? what is their favourite outdoor activity?
A life on the sea means constantly being surrounded by nature. She enjoys adventuring on beachs when she's not sailing.

β˜€οΈ SUN - are they a morning person? what is the first thing they do in the morning?
Not really but she has become accustomed to keeping a Royal Navy-like shift schedule and having to get up early for shifts she is taking on. She'll usually drink some tea and eat a simple breakfast.

πŸ•·οΈ SPIDER - what is their biggest fear? do they have any irrational / mundane fears?
She is afraid of losing Ed and Izzy. She has become quite attached to them and hates to see anything bad happen to them.

🌹 ROSE - do they like valentines day? have they been confessed to before? have they confessed to anyone before?
She never really cared about it before as she never had any love interests before. She does try to do something for Ed and Izzy but doesn't make a big deal out of it.

πŸ™ˆ SEE-NO-EVIL - whats a side of your oc that they don't want to show other people?
Most people see her as being confident and unafraid of doing whatever she puts her mind to... but in reality, she is hiding the fact that she feels uncertain on whether she's made the right choices and concerned whether she's being true to herself or if she's "camouflaged" herself to match the aesthetics and traits of those around her that she's learned skills from.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:50 am

πŸ™Š SPEAK-NO-EVIL - what is something your oc will refuse to stay quiet about?
Ed and Izzy? *laughs* I don't know.

πŸ™‰ HEAR-NO-EVIL - what is the worse thing your oc could hear from someone?
Hmm... can't think of anything specific. But I'm sure it would be some insult directed at her on a personal level.

🌱 SEEDLING - what is their most vivid memory from childhood?
I haven't put much thought to it... but I'm guessing probably interactions with her Uncle when she was younger. Maybe she showed extreme interest in books about pirates and/or seafaring life and him shooting her down, that it was "unladylike" behavior and to put such silly notions out of her mind.

πŸ€ CLOVER - do they believe in luck? are they lucky?
She feels like she is lucky considering the lifestyle she's entered into and the people she's crossed paths with.

🌏 EARTH - will they give up the world for someone they love? is this decision easy for them?
She'll do what she can for Ed and Izzy, even if it might mean giving up something personally to make them happy.

🌌 MILKY WAY - what was the inspiration behind your oc? what was the first thing you decided about them?
Combination of self-inserting myself into the world of OFMD... and reading about Blackbeard's wife Mary Anne Townsend (and making the unconfirmed connection that she might be related to my ancestor's wife). Probably the first thing I decided when she was first forming was that she was going to be a love interest of Ed "Blackbeard" and had a father-daughter-like relationship with Izzy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:55 am

activity

⚾ BASEBALL - can they play sports? what is their best position if they play a team sport? what's their strong suit (speed, power etc.)?
Probably the only sport she would participate in would be either sword fighting or something equestrian.

🏊 SWIMMING - can they swim? or are they afraid of water? how well do they swim? how do they feel about swimming in the ocean?
objects
Yeah, she learned how to swim once she took on the life at sea. As her swimming skills improved, many began to tease her that she was a mermaid.

πŸ“£ MEGAPHONE - how loud are they? what do they speak like? got a voice claim?
They are pretty calm and speaks slightly below normal level... unless she's upset, then she'll be louder and tends to snap her statements at people.

πŸ“– OPEN BOOK - do they like reading? what's their favourite genre?
Absolutely loves to read. If there happens to be books on a ship they are raiding, you'll be sure to find her browsing through the selection to see what she might take to add to her collection. She loves pirate and seafaring themed tales.

πŸͺ€ MOUSE TRAP - what will always lure them into certain danger? a loved one in danger? a promise of something they are always searching for?
Her love for Ed and Izzy is definitely a concern for her as being used against her as bait.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:06 am

πŸ“Έ CAMERA - do they enjoy having their picture taken? what's their go-to pose? do they like taking photos? what do they take photos of?
Well... it's the 1700s, so technically photography (as we know it as) hasn't come into fruition yet; it'll be another 100 years before cameras are invented. But the equivalent would be portrait paintings or drawings. She quite enjoys them though staying in one position for a long period of time can be a bit boring for her. She enjoys having hers down on her ship either in an action pose (like standing on the railing holding onto a rope while leaning out over the passing water looking in the distance) or sitting in her cabin.
She enjoys drawing sketches of scenery she sees... or other ships. Occasionally she might draw particular people aboard her ship.

🎭 MASKS - do they act differently around certain people? what's different between the way they act around friends, family, strangers, etc.?
When she is back on land among the genteel people, she takes on quite a reserved and proper persona. When aboard her ship, she takes on a leader role. With Stede and his crew, she tends to take on a motherly or school teacher role with them (depending on the individual), constantly looking out for their welfare and giving them the chance to learn. With the Queen Anne's Revenge, she steps back into a "follower" role, not wanting to overstep the image of Blackbeard being the true leader of the ship and Izzy being second in command. When she is with Ed or Izzy on a private level, she is quite relaxed and open... and sometimes flirty.

βœ‚οΈ SCISSORS - what is the "last straw" for them to cut someone out of their life? how easily do they let go of people?
Depends on the person. Some people are harder to let go than others.

πŸ’‘ LIGHTBULB - is your oc a planner? do they write down every small detail or just wing it?
She's somewhere in the middle. She'll write down details to formulate a general plan but she'll leave it open-ended for any unexpected occurrences that pop up that may cause the original plan to change.

πŸ’Ž DIAMOND - how rich are they? can they live the lifestyle they want to?
Being born in the genteel class and then being an excellent pirate has made her quite well off. The life on the sea has allowed her to feel free to do the things she wants without the concerns of meeting genteel society's expectations.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:17 am

🎁 PRESENT - what types of presents would they be most happy to receive? are they good at gift giving?
Jewelry, clothing or outfit accessories, knick-knacks, or books would be high on her list. She is quite good at gift giving; she makes sure the items she chooses have a purpose and will be useful, or has some significance that the receiving person will acknowledge that she's been paying attention to their likes and dislikes and such.

🍼 BABY BOTTLE - what are their thoughts on children?
As long as they are well behaving and not being too chaotic, she doesn't mind them. She becomes a bit at a loss of what to do when they are troublesome or get upset and don't show what could calm them back down.

πŸ”ͺ KNIFE - how do they react to injury / misfortune befalling their loved ones (significant other, family, friends)? do they put themselves at blame?
Depends on the situation.

πŸ‘‘ CROWN - what does your oc want to be remembered as? why?
Well, considering she's partially based on a historical figure, I'm quite pleased with the stories surrounding the person. She was respected during her genteel life as well as in her pirate life. Blackbeard trusted her with his treasure and only the two of them knew where they supposedly buried treasure in the Carolina area (which is now lost to time as no one knows where it is). And she wasn't given the stereotypical ending like other female pirates - she is said to have died by hanging or sickness, or returned to live the life of a respectable woman life. Nope... she escaped capture after taking care of treasure in the Carolina and disappeared; no one knows what actually became of her. That's saying something considering the times.

✏️ PENCIL - is there a particular quote / lyric that you associate with them?
There's quite a few songs that I've started accumulating that I associate with her. Right now I'll say "Genius" by LSD because I still associate it with the relationship between Blackbeard and her.

"Do you think I'm stupid? / Do you think I'm batshit crazy, having you on my mind? / Do you think I'm helpless? [...] Do you think I'm calling out your name every night? / Girl, I have fallen for you [...] Baby, baby, don't you see? / I got everything you need / Only a genius could love a woman like me"

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:30 am

🎡 MUSIC NOTE - what is their playlist like? their favourite artists? do you associate a particular song with them?
Combination of songs that make you feel like a bad-a** and sea shanty like tunes.

🎀 MICROPHONE - are they good at singing? what is their go-to karaoke song?
Yes, she is good at singing. It's another reason why she is sometimes called a mermaid. She tends to go for sea shanty songs like "Wellerman" or "Hoist The Colors" (from POTC - just pretend it exists in OFMD too).

🎷 SAXOPHONE - do they play any instruments? are they any good at it?
No, she doesn't play any instruments. Just sings.

πŸ“š BOOKS - how were they at school? what is their best subject? what is their worst subject? do they have a favourite subject?
She was excellent at school. History and geography (and related maths) appealed to her especially when related to sea life scenarios (which sometimes got her into trouble because of her fascination with non-ladylike topics).

πŸ‘– JEANS - what is their go-to outfit?
Knee high boots and corsets/vests are common in her general outfit selection. She is also always wearing her rings from Ed and Izzy and two necklaces - one being a compass locket and the other being a Spanish gold medallion on a chain.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:37 am

🎨 PALETTE - can they draw? what do they like to draw?
Yes, she enjoys drawing and sketching. She'll do landscapes or sketches of people aboard her ship.

🎑 FERRIS WHEEL - are they someone who wants to kiss at the top of the ferris wheel?
Again this is the 1700s, so the Ferris Wheel hasn't been invented yet; it'll be 100 years before the first one is created. But the equivalent would probably be going up to the crow's nest of a ship... and you bet she enjoys giving a kiss to her boys up there. But only with them.

⏳ HOURGLASS - are they usually late or on-time?
She arrives precisely when she needs to.

πŸ”« PISTOL - do they trust people easily? how easily will they turn their back to someone? have they been backstabbed before? will they betray someone if given an ultimatum?
No, it takes her awhile to trust people because of past experiences. Some she learns to trust faster than others. Depending on who the other person is, she may betray them... or find a way to double cross - make it seem like she's betraying the trusting person but in reality is betraying the person who is putting her into such a scenario.

πŸŽ€ RIBBON - how would they fit into other worlds / aus? what aus would you like to try out? what fictional world would they fit / not fit into?
Let's see... the most commonly mentioned AU universes associated with OFMD has been cowboys, college/flower shop, and... hmm... can't think of what the other one was. She can pretty easily blend into these alternate scenarios. In a Western setting, I can see her being the badass lady living by herself on her own farm. For college/flower shop, I can see her being the booksmart/artsy girl who is best friends with Ed and Izzy - the one that Stede finds easiest to talk to about Ed and get a perspective of him from a friend's perspective.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:45 am

πŸ“Ž PAPERCLIP - a random fact.
Well... I sort of already hinted at it earlier. My ancestor's wife may potentially be related to Blackbeard's wife. I don't have definitive proof... but too many signs indicating the possibility being true. It certainly would explain why Blackbeard of all the pirates - even with Anne Bonny and Mary Read - has appealed to me the most despite not really knowing why.

πŸ“¦ PACKAGE - what are some "most likely to..." that can apply to them?
Most likely to... steal right in front of you but make you totally believe she was innocent the whole time and don't know how said item came into her possession. xd

Haha... I don't know.

πŸ–οΈ CRAYON - what advice would you give to them?
Learn to trust others outside of Ed and Izzy. You'll be surprised to find there's more members to your sea family than you realize who would risk their lives for you

βš™οΈ GEAR - what are your ocs thoughts on science & art? which do they give more importance to? how much value do they place on each?
She enjoys both as she is quite curious and loves recording aspects of what she's seen throughout her travels. Art is usually easiest for her to turn to though.

πŸ”§ WRENCH - are they good at fixing relationships? or do they tend to avoid doing so?
In my head scenarios, she's the one that helps reconnect Ed and Stede... and helps Izzy learn to let go of his obsession with Ed and realize Stede is actually a good thing for his boss.

❇️ SPARKLE - what is their most prized possession? what do they value?
I feel like I already answered a question similar to this. It's her rings from Ed and Izzy.

πŸ“ RULER - is your oc well educated? where did they get their learning from?
Once again, she was raised in the life of genteel society. So she was educated via those means. Plus all of the adventuring she's done.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:49 am

transport

πŸš† TRAIN - what is their answer to the trolley problem?
Trolley problem? What is this trolley problem? confused

🚲 BICYCLE - can they ride a bike? what do they remember from learning to ride a bicycle?
I'm sure she would be good at it. Don't really have much use for it on the seas though.

weather

🌩️ LIGHTNING - are they scared of lightning?
Oh no. She is quite fascinated with it.

πŸ’§ DROPLET - random angst headcanon
Uh... I guess... her wondering if her feelings for her "sea dad" Izzy might be more than just a father-daughter thing. *shrugs* I don't know.

❄️ SNOWFLAKE - do people consider them cold? if so, what made them this way?
If they are on her good side, they will be quite surprised by how warm and welcoming she is. And how curious and fascinated she is with others stories of being on the sea - especially when she meets Stede and his crew. If you are on her bad side, they will feel uncomfortable with how coldly she regards them.

πŸŒͺ️ TORNADO - what is the biggest change you've ever made to them? how have they changed from their original version?
They're pretty much the same from the early versions. Just connected her to an actual historical figure that makes it easier to coordinate storyline wise on how she knows Ed and Izzy and Stede and such.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:56 am

🌈 RAINBOW - what advice would they give to their younger self?
Don't give up on your love for pirates and the seafaring life.

πŸ”₯ FIRE - do they have any self destructive tendencies? what habits do they have that hinder them from becoming their best self?
When she is feeling extremely down or upset, she will gravitate towards drinking and/or seclude herself from others.

☁️ CLOUD - a soft headcanon
Um... Izzy and her developing a romantic connection when they both move on from Ed? *shrugs* I don't know...

🌟 GLOWING STAR - what do they think about when they look at the night sky? is there someone they want to star gaze with?
Half the time she is looking at the stars for navigation purposes. However, she does gaze up at them for pleasure too. Ed and Izzy are her usual standbys... but I can see her having a good time doing it with Buttons. I think she would be fascinated with his view of things regarding the starry night, especially when he's doing his "bathing in moon glow" stuff.

🌠 SHOOTING STAR - if they could make any wish with no repercussions, what wish would they make?
That Ed and Izzy find what makes them happy (and be able to keep it).

β˜„οΈ COMET - what do people assume about them? are they right?
When she's among the genteel society, they may see her as being an innocent lady incapable of stealing let alone harming anyone; obviously they would be wrong as she is actually a pirate and has had no issue stabbing villains to their death. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:01 pm

hearts

πŸ’“ BEATING HEART - what gets their heart racing?
Sailing through precarious settings. Raiding ships for loot. Oh.. and being around Ed and Izzy. wink

πŸ’˜ HEART W/ ARROW - what traits do they look for in a relationship? do they believe in love at first sight?
Trust is an absolute must. She wants someone who can appreciate her interests and help her expand her knowledge in relation to them. When it came to Ed and Izzy, there was definitely an immediate connection with them; at the time she wouldn't realize it was the spark of love.

πŸ’— GROWING HEART - if they have a crush, is it noticable? what changes when they're in love?
Well... she's technically married to Ed, so... yeah... it's pretty noticeable having a ring on her finger and all, lol. When it comes to Izzy, she does tend to be more open and friendly with him than she is with others... and sometimes says flirtatious comments just to make him flustered (which she finds amusing and charming).

❀️ RED HEART - their love language(s)?
Quality Time... and I guess Gifts would be too.

πŸ’™ BLUE HEART - do they miss their s/o easily? how do they act when their s/o isn't around?
She loves Ed dearly and but knows Stede and him have something that Ed and her never had. When he's not around, she is constantly wondering what he's up to.

πŸ’š GREEN HEART - what things make your oc feel comforted? hugs, kisses, food?
Being with her friends and loved ones. Being on her ship sailing.

πŸ’– SPARKLING HEART - are they a subtle or a showy lover?
Subtle for sure. Simply because of past experiences of trust and heart being broken.

πŸ’Œ LOVE LETTER - do they like love letters? what kind of messages do they leave for their partner?
I think she would find them charming.

πŸ’” BROKEN HEART - what could their partner do that would absolutely break their heart?
Hmm... can't think of anything right now.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:48 pm

coldbrewslut:
Tbh I assume everyone on here is lgbtq+ if you’re straight you’ll have to come out to me

Funny to come across this because when I went to the Ren Faire, one of the friends of my Critter friends commented "I just assume that anyone new I meet is bisexual unless proven otherwise." It was amusing... because even though I consider myself straight, I've been saying "openly straight" because there have been times where I've been attracted to a few individuals who are outside of the cis male identity; some of these folks have come out as transsexual (and have made the transition) and others classify themselves as non-binary.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:56 pm

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:04 pm

User Image

User Image

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games