Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:28 pm
The sad thing, symphonic band wise, my high school symphonic band is better than...a lot of the college bands xD
For the ones that I applied to, Appalachian State is a little bit under us, ECU is under us, and NCSU is waaaay under us xD
Only maybe like UNC Chapel hill and UNC Greensboro are better, and their top bands are all music majors.
There is something in the water at my school, I swear, we just pwn hXc.
It's our BD though, he is the greatest, it is what we learn from him that allows us to be so good, schools don't like sending their student teachers to us because it wouldn't be realistic for them to have a band of our stature.
It is nice being the best razz
as for life after college, I want to be a Chemistry teacher, but I also really like Psychology, but I don't know if they want a "hard" science teacher teaching a "soft" science.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:33 pm
If my school had a music program I would probably would have been all over it. We do have a music major (I forget the actual technical term it's called, but it's not just "music major), but it's more for recording, mixing, editing music, and adding sounds and musics to like TV and animations. I have sometimes seen the rare class for string quartets or very classical stuff, nothing that usually involves trumpet.  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

WickedSong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:18 pm
Tubariffic
The sad thing, symphonic band wise, my high school symphonic band is better than...a lot of the college bands xD
For the ones that I applied to, Appalachian State is a little bit under us, ECU is under us, and NCSU is waaaay under us xD
Only maybe like UNC Chapel hill and UNC Greensboro are better, and their top bands are all music majors.
There is something in the water at my school, I swear, we just pwn hXc.
It's our BD though, he is the greatest, it is what we learn from him that allows us to be so good, schools don't like sending their student teachers to us because it wouldn't be realistic for them to have a band of our stature.
It is nice being the best razz
as for life after college, I want to be a Chemistry teacher, but I also really like Psychology, but I don't know if they want a "hard" science teacher teaching a "soft" science.

That's cool. I really enjoy Chemistry and Psych, too, but I think my scientific interests lie in physics.
I've been accepted to Colorado State University, which I've wanted to go to since seventh grade. They have an awesome marching band which has a great mellophone section (and that's half the reason I want to go there, lol). I think I want to major on my horn, but I might major or at least minor in physics.

And these apps made me laugh:
"i play the trombone and what trombone jokes are you talking about?! i hate it when people say bad things about the trombone! i have been playing sense sixth grade and i am in sixth grade" (this last part especially made me chuckle - way to sound important)
and
"i want a friend"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:25 pm
Well im not a band nerd but im a stressed person who ppl say is so popular and gurls are all over me and if u want to become a popular person i can direct u but its not as souped as it is to be u do this then evry1 copies and u never can be urself cuz every1 is tryin to be u so being the most popular person isnt kool but moving up to mid class would be great u dont have to worry bout much socially so u can be happy or u jus should habg with ur frns because ur popular in that group blaugh

Denied! the request is just one huge run-on sentence with terrible spelling and grammar...
Didnt state anything about knowing people in band nor that they were interested in music...
stressed  

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:54 pm
[User Image]

Request that made me giggle: "im not a nerd im emo but i like nerds there funny and awesome so except meh ! 0.0"

@WickedSong: So you do live in the same state as me! I saw your bio and thought I recognized the CU Buff in the background of one of the pictures.

I've been accepted to University of Colorado, Colorado State University, and University of Northern Colorado (Still waiting on the one school out of state that I applied to). I'll most likely go to CU, but I have absolutely nothing against CSU and wouldn't have a problem going there either. The suicide trombones are awesome.

[User Image]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:42 pm
I chuckled

because i PLAY AND INSTURMENT

i had to accept him because he "PLAY AND INSTURMENT" 3nodding

Tifa do you go to Nan Desu Kon?

I've gone for the last two years and played with the SAO!  

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:35 pm
MHHornfreak
I chuckled

because i PLAY AND INSTURMENT

i had to accept him because he "PLAY AND INSTURMENT" 3nodding

Tifa do you go to Nan Desu Kon?

I've gone for the last two years and played with the SAO!
[User Image]

I haven't gotten the chance to yet, since it conflicted with marching band's schedule and my parents probably wouldn't have let me go anyway. I've always wanted to go though. Maybe I'll get the chance within the next few years.

[User Image]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:18 pm
im gonna guess we got
a little off topic here  

Atreides340

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:59 am
Atreides340
im gonna guess we got
a little off topic here

No. Not really. It's friendly chat among the mods of this guild so we're a unified group. What's the point if we're all just a bunch of strangers running the same guild?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:48 am
We have no topic xD
If we do, it most likely falls along the lines of, hey, look at this request that I denied.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:22 am
Well in other news I updated the Rules and Banners announcement. Updated the rules, deleted the old members, and fixed our banner posts. So now we can post up new banners without the coding getting all messed up. I learned that we can post up to 28 banners per post. (At least that's how many it seemed to take.) Also I made it where if people have created new banners, they are suppose to post them in here. That means . . . you guys should actually update the banners into the announcement. There is no excuse since the coding is now fixed. Just remember: 28 banners per post.

P.S. Should "picture" threads go into the media subforum?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:44 pm
Hmmmm that's a good idea masq!  

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:13 pm
Yes, it is!

I was always wondering why the banners were so...screwed up.
And I never could fix it since I couldn't edit posts. (But now I had just forgotten about it. XD)

*looking through join requests*
Oh, a good one...

And a person who mispelled trombone...'trumbone'. X_X
Our director would kill us if we mispelled trombone, since he plays it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:21 pm
[User Image]

I've seen so many people misspell saxophone in their requests. They replace the "o" with an "a".

[User Image]

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:59 am
T i f a
[User Image]

I've seen so many people misspell saxophone in their requests. They replace the "o" with an "a".

[User Image]

thats me and penguins pet peeve stressed  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games