Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
The Shiny Furret rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:49 pm
User Image
                                                    𝔸 𝕟 𝕟 𝕒 𝕝 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖 𝕄 𝕒 𝕣 𝕚 𝕖 𝕂 𝕦 𝕣 𝕥 𝕤
                                                    ___╘═══▶ second year : gryffindor

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                    __________________________________________

Anna finished up her stretches, then gathered in the center of the pitch with the other players, listening as the Captain announced the new Vice Captain and organized their mock teams. She was playing as a Chaser, which she was a little nervous about. Not that she had any experience playing as a Beater, but she definitely didn't have much skill at Chasing, she thought. Oh well, she would give it her best shot regardless. Taking a school broom, she flew up and followed the others as they flew their practice laps. Circling around to the center, the balls were released, everyone immediately taking action. Annalise hurried to keep up, doing her best to keep her eye on the Quaffle. Chris did his best to steal it from Tally, but just barely missed the speedy girl. Now it was her turn to try. Feeling a bit unsure, Annalise reached out, hoping to snatch the ball away from Tally.

OOC: . . .

Red Team Chaser
                                                    Nat Flyer | Mean Swing | Deft Dodger
                                                    AC: 14 | Mods: +0
                                                    Stealing/Passing: from Talia
                                                    To the Goals: 0 / 3
                                                    Final Roll: 7 (fail)
                                                    [ X ] | [ X ] | [ X ]

Red team
                                                    Chasers : Chris, Annalise, and Hamid
                                                    Beaters : London and Kendall
                                                    Seeker : Chelsea

Gold team
                                                    Chasers : Tally, Joshua, and Charles
                                                    Beaters : Ana and Jack
                                                    Seeker : Eve

Keeper : Griffin

❝ Well I’ve been stuck in my head wonderin’, what’s it gonna take to break the mold?
                                                    I’m searchin’ for something, that fire, that lightning, I used to think was uncontainable. ❞

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:47 am
I'd like to teach the world to sing
Hope when you take that jump
You don't fear the fall
Hope when the water rises
You built a wall
Hope when the crowd screams out
They're screaming your name

User Image
T A L I A
K I S S
W A L S H

gryffindorhalfbloodsecond year

Tally dodged Anna, reached the goals, and gritting her teeth, took the shot. Hopefully she didn't humiliate herself in front of everyone by missing by a mile.

OOC:
Position: Gold Team Chaser
AC: 14
Mods: +2 Scoring
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Deft Dodger
Lives: (X) (X) (X)
Post to Goal: 3/3
Roll: 8
Number of Goals Made: 0

murruelecreuset

Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay
Hope that you fall in love
And it hurts so bad, yeah
The only way you can know
You gave it all you had
And I hope that you don't suffer
But take the pain

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
Summer II rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

Summer II

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:23 am
User Image
╔════════════════════════╗
Anasofía Celeste Montenegro
Seventh Year Gryffindor
╚════════════════════════╝

xFeeling: Excitement
xLocation: Practice Pitch
xWith: Gryffindor Team
xStatus: Single

When the try-out game started, Ana took to the air and prepared for an all out battle. There were three people competing for one spot, after all. She watched as Kendall, then Jack took swings at her team, but thankfully, both were able to dodge the shots. Chasing down one of the bludgers, Ana redirected the shot at Hamid.

╔════════════════════════╗
Out of Character: {...}
╚════════════════════════╝

Gold Team Beater
Aiming: {_}
AC: 17
Modifiers: +7 Swing
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Dang Healthy
Total Roll:{_}
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life] [Life]

oyehh

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:23 pm
User Image
Griffin Bran Fearon
Gryffindor Prefect Sixth Year
Half Blood Comic Collector Keeper

User Image
                                                  Location : Quidditch Pitch - Gryffindor Tryouts

Griffin was happy for Chelsea when she was named vice captain. She'd do well he was sure. Being named keeper for both teams, he got to his post after doing laps. Waiting until Tally got to the goal he got ready to block. Moving to stop the quaffle from getting past him, he hoped he wasn't rusty after summer vacation.

Company : Gryffindors

OOC :
                                                  Passing: --- - Total Roll: 14 (block)
                                                  Modifiers: +7 AC, +9 Blocking, +7 Catching
                                                  Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Hold the Line, Great Catch
                                                  Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Teams :
                                                  Red team

Gold team

Don't want to be like your father, eh?
                                                  Sharing a house will hardly be the final nail in the coffin, my boy
                                                  But, if you're quite certain, you'll do well enough in
                                                  Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:30 pm
User Image
Griffin Bran Fearon
Gryffindor Prefect Sixth Year

User Image

Griffin caught the quaffle with a smile. Since Tally was on the gold team he looked for someone on the red team. Passing it off to Annalise he hoped to give her a shot at the roll of chaser.

OOC :
                                                  Passing: Annalise - Total Roll: 14 (block)
                                                  Modifiers: +7 AC, +9 Blocking, +7 Catching

Teams :
                                                  Red team

Gold team

The Shiny Furret

Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:33 pm
User Image
Chelsea Alexis Durant
Fifth Year Gryffindor Vice Captain
Muggleborn Young Detective Seeker

User Image

Chelsea glanced around. She stopped Griffin catching Tally's shot at the goals. She smiled and went back to looking for the snitch. It had to be around there somewhere.

Status : Hyped || Omg I'm vice captain!

OOC : Red Team Seeker
                                                    19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch, (0/2 attempts) Total Roll: 8 (nop)
                                                    Modifiers: +7 AC, +7 Spotting, +7 Catching
                                                    Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes

Teams :
                                                    Red team

Gold team

It is rather curious, isn't it?
                                                    I must say, you seem to be taking this all in stride
                                                    That in mind, I think you're well suited for
                                                    Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:32 pm
I'm a moon-walker, I'm like MJ up in the clouds
I know it sounds awkward
I'm filthy as charged, filthy as charged
You're a sweet talker,
But darlin' whatcha gonna say now?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ƧƖҲƬӇ ƳЄƛƦ ƓƦƳƑƑƖƝƊƠƦ ¤ ƬƛƤЄ ƧƖƊЄ ƛ ¤ ƢƲƖƊƊƖƬƇӇ ƇƛƤƬƛƖƝ

Jack noticed the sun setting and figured now was a good enough time to put a halt on tryouts. So he flew down to the ground and grabbed his whistle to capture everyone's attention signaling them to land. He grabbed his satchel of healing potions to anyone potentially needing them leaving them up for grabs.

"Alright guys, gals, and nonbinary pals! Thanks so much for coming to tryouts and giving it your best! My vice captain and I will talk and deliberate and team notices should be out by the end of the week at the latest. Be sure to grab a potion if you need one annnddd see you at dinner!" Jack grinned giving a thumbs up to the collective group. He survived his first tryouts, halle-freaking-lujah.

AC: 19
Modifiers: +9 to Hit
Final Roll: ~
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
Lives: [1] [2] [3]

The midnight marauders,
The higher never come down, never come down
You can't take me anywhere, anywhere
You can't take me anywhere, anywhere
I'm still uninvited, I'm still gonna light it,

oyehh

Summer II

Cara MiaKitty

Miss GryffindorK

Kungfudemoness

Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret

The Forgotten Weasley

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:22 pm
Gryffindor Quidditch Team

Team Captain
Jackson Hawthorne

Team Vice Captain
Chelsea Durant

Keeper
Griffin Fearon

Chasers
Hamid Abbasi
Christopher Avery
Talia Walsh

Seeker
Chelsea Durant

Beaters
Jackson Hawthorne
London Ellis

Reserves
Eve Whitethorne - Seeker Reserve
Charles Abbot - Chaser Reserve
Joshua Sparks - Chaser Reserve
Anasofia Montenegro - Beater Reserve
Kendall Saunders - Beater Reserve
Annalise Kurts - Beater Reserve

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:40 pm
I think I got too many memories getting in the way of me
I'm 'bout to go Tonya Harding on the whole world's knee
And I'm stuck, night-vision
So stuck night-vision
But I come to life, come to life]

ƧЄƔЄƝƬӇ ƳЄƛƦ ƓƦƳƑƑƖƝƊƠƦ ¤ ƬƛƤЄ ƧƖƊЄ ƛ ¤ ƢƲƖƊƊƖƬƇӇ ƇƛƤƬƛƖƝ

Jack walked out onto the pitch with the usual crate of balls floating behind him while holding the forms and handful of pens for people to use. It was rather bittersweet starting his last ever tryouts but he was sure the team was in good hands once he graduated and, in all honesty, he couldn't wait to finally be out of school. Though there was still NEWT's to go over....nope! Not today Ghede, he was totally focused on Quidditch and not on the pile of homework still needing to be looked over. Totally.

[b]Username:[/b]
                                                            [b]Character's Name:[/b]
                                                            [b]House:[/b]
                                                            [b]Year:[/b]
                                                            [b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                            [b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                            [b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
                                                            [b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
                                                            [b]First Choice Position:[/b]
                                                            [b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

[color#FF6103]"Typi

AC: 19
Modifiers: +9 to Hit
Final Roll: ~
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
Lives: [1] [2] [3]

Some princes don't become kings
Even at the best times I'm out of my mind
You only get what you grieve
Are you smelling that s**t?
Are you smelling that s**t?
Eau de résistance

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:56 pm
User Image
Chelsea Alexis Durant
Sixth Year Gryffindor Vice Captain
Muggleborn Young Detective Seeker

User Image

If there was anything that Chelsea was looking forward too most it was Quidditch. With everything going on Quidditch she could count on. Heading down to the field she had her broom in hand. There was no way she was going to not enjoy this today. Hopefully they had a good turn out. She didn’t want to be down numbers. Walking onto the green, she was surprised Griffin wasn’t there yet. He’d said he’d meet her at the pitch for tryouts. Normally the two would walk down together but it didn’t bother Chelsea much. It was just odd not to see her boyfriend there yet.

At least Jack was there because she didn’t want to question how to run tryouts without him. She wasn’t captain just yet. “Hey Jack, ready for another year?” She asked with a smile. She knew she was, more then ever. She was one year away from running the team and she wanted to get a good team this year to instill confidence in herself for the upcoming year. When you had a good team, you didn’t have much to worry about in the long wrong. As is she’d have to deal with Jack and Griffin leaving. Those were some pretty big shoes to fill.

OOC :
                                                    19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch, (0/2 attempts) Total Roll: --
                                                    AC: 18
                                                    Modifiers: +8 AC, +8 Spotting, +8 Catching
                                                    Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes

It is rather curious, isn't it?
                                                    I must say, you seem to be taking this all in stride
                                                    That in mind, I think you're well suited for
                                                    Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:22 am
I'd like to teach the world to sing
Hope when you take that jump
You don't fear the fall
Hope when the water rises
You built a wall
Hope when the crowd screams out
They're screaming your name

User Image
T A L I A
K I S S
W A L S H

gryffindor chaserhalfbloodthird year

Tally showed up for tryouts brimming with excitement, after having made first string last year. While she could still be relegated to reserves this year, she was determined to prove herself again. Being stuck on the bench would be awful after a whole year of playing matches. Grinning, she grabbed a form to fill out, and hastily scrawled in the information. Hopefully they had a good turnout today.

Username: The Forgotten Weasley
Character's Name: Talia Walsh
House: Gryffindor
Year: Third
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Deft Dodger
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Beater

OOC:
Position: Chaser
AC: 16
Mods: +4 Scoring, +2 Stealing
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Deft Dodger
Lives: (X) (X) (X)
Post to Goal: n/a
Number of Goals Made: 0

Quote:

Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay
Hope that you fall in love
And it hurts so bad, yeah
The only way you can know
You gave it all you had
And I hope that you don't suffer
But take the pain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:58 am
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Quidditch Pitch
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Gryffindors
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Tryouts
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I can't wait until I make the team!

The morning of tryouts, Maya was up early. She was a little mad that she didn't have her very own broom, but she figured once she made the starting team, she could petition for one or something. Besides, she was destined to be on the team anyway! She'd even stolen borrowed one of her dad's old team shirts to wear for the tryouts. Hopefully he wouldn't notice.... though she had to admit it felt really, really cool to be standing in the pitch with her name emblazoned on her shirt.... was this how the pros felt all the time?! She walked over to Jack, the captain, and happily filled out a form. It had an option for a second possible position? She debated, then figured Chasers seemed really cool 'cause they were always zipping around scoring points and stuff. The other thought had been beater, but she'd tried messing with Aunt Cyd's bat and that nonsense was heavy. So. Chaser. Perfect. Once the slip was filled out, she handed it in and tried to contain her excitement just long enough.

Username: Miss GryffindorK
                                                                Character's Name: Maya Masters
                                                                Year: First
                                                                Advanced Flying I: Not yet
                                                                Advanced Flying II: Nope
                                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1 (mta)
                                                                Any Special Skill: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
                                                                First Choice Position: Seeker
                                                                Second Choice Position: Chaser

AC: 13
          Modifiers: +3 {Spotting} +3 {Catching}
          Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
          Spotted: x/3
          Catching: x/2
          Total Roll:xx {xxxxxx}
          Lives: [✬] [✬] [✬]

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:56 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Quidditch Pitch
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Jack
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Tryouts
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Surprised Maya didn't steal a broom...

London walked onto the pitch following his kid cousin. Maya was way more hyped than he remembered being, but then again, he'd also been a pretty wild child... so maybe. He looked around at the few people that were there so far, then walked over to Jack. "You ready to kick arse this year? 'Cause I think we'll be stacked. Plus we got the prodigal child of your love interest James Masters here. So. We should be all set." He waggled his eyebrows playfully, elbowing his cousin in the ribs. Even still.... he had to admit Jack had good taste in people. With that, Londy busied himself in his form, before hoping Jack wouldn't note that they had similar attractions as of late....

Username: Miss GryffindorK
                                                            Character's Name: London Ellis
                                                            Year: Seventh
                                                            Advanced Flying I: Yep
                                                            Advanced Flying II: Absolutely
                                                            Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 6 (+1 for MTA)
                                                            Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Nat. Flyer, Deft Dodger
                                                            First Choice Position: Beater
                                                            Second Choice Position: Still Beater

Yukina101

AC: 20
Modifiers: +8 {Hitting}
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Nat. Flyer, Deft Dodger
Saving: xxxxx
Aiming At: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ƬσтαƖ RσƖƖ:xx {xxxxx}
Lives: [✬] [✬] [✬]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:56 pm
User Image
Christopher "Chris" Avery
Gryffindor Fourth Year
Pureblood Adventurer & Chaser

Older Brotherxxxxx

User Image

Chris was looking forward to playing on the team this year. It was a given to be fun and enjoyable. Far better then doing schoolwork and staring at books. That was more his sister’s thing. She could enjoy it and all that, but he wasn’t about to commit to books and learning. Fun for him was never going to be hanging in the library. Although he’d admit there were a few times with the Whitethorne twins that he found some enjoyment.

Speaking of, Chris was certain to see Eve at tryouts. Walking onto the pitch Chris had his aunt’s broom in hand. He would make the team again this year he was sure of it. He was in fourth year now, plenty of experience to get him on the starting line. With a smile he walked over and quickly filled out the form. He was ready for this. Time to get tryouts started.

- - - - - - - -

Username: murruelecreuset
                                                    Character's Name: Christopher Avery
                                                    Year: Fourth Year
                                                    Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                    Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4 (MTA)
                                                    Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Dang Healthy, Natural Flyer
                                                    First Choice Position: Chaser
                                                    Second Choice Position: Beater

- - - - - - - -

Status : Ready for it! Let's go!
                                                    Company : Gryffindors...

OOC :
                                                    Stealing / Passing: --- - 0/3 to Goal - Total Roll: --
                                                    Modifiers: +7 AC, +7 Shooting, +5 Stealing (MTA)
                                                    Special Skills: Good Arm, Dang Healthy, Natural Flyer
                                                    Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life] [Life]

Is it now, then?
                                                    You're quite perceptive, I must say
                                                    Yes, you'll do quite well in
                                                    Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:15 pm
User Image
Griffin Bran Fearon
Gryffindor Head Boy Seventh Year

User Image

Quidditch was always something Griffin could share with his friends. Philip played for Hufflepuff and it was a friendly fun rivalry between them. Off the pitch they were best buds. Chelsea despite being a year younger and vice captain of the Gryffindor team was also close to both of them. It was a trio that was inseparable. It was common knowledge that he and Chelsea were dating. While the rumor mill would love to say that Phil was stilling his girl for weddings. Griffin considered it borrowing and besides Philip would never do that to him.

Walking onto the pitch for what would be his final tryouts, Griffin found it bittersweet. He’s spotted Chelsea right away as he made his way over. “Hey Chels,” He greeted her. “You’re late!” She shouted, her hands finding her hips. Oh god! Would it too late to run? He probably wouldn’t make it out alive. “Sorry Chelsea. I still made it in time, didn’t I?” He told her. “Yes, but… that’s hardly the point. You better be super really to first practice, if you make the team.” She told him folding her arms. “I swear I’ll make it up to you.” Griffin assured his girlfriend before grabbing the form and filling it out. Adding a little nod to it being his last year in it as he doubted after three years of playing the same position that it would change any time soon.

"You'd better." Chelsea replied before taking his form and adding it to the pile.

- - - - - - - - -

Username: murruelecreuset
                                                  Character's Name: Griffin Fearon
                                                  Year: Seventh Year
                                                  Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: Five
                                                  Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Hold the Line, Great Catch
                                                  First Choice Position: Keeper
                                                  Second Choice Position: Seeker, but we all know where I'm ending up

- - - - - - - - -

Status : Happy || Is it too late to run?
                                                  Company : Gryffindors... Chelsea

OOC :
                                                  Passing: --- - Total Roll: --
                                                  AC: 18
                                                  Modifiers: +8 AC, +10 Blocking, +8 Catching

Gryffindor!

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games