Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hornworts

Rare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:41 pm

Should I make a whistleblower thread in the GCD about why reapersun hasn't finished the case and equate the reason to the extensive amounts of offsite projects and fanart she's been doing?

sure she's been doing some RIG illustrations (she did the entire story for underland) but at the same time with this on her work tumblr....

i mean it has to take some times to get all that fanart done :U
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:42 pm

The Undead Suitor
we may have lost pan but at least it looks like another dev, with a slightly more silly name, seems to have picked up the slack

Big Lanky?

He isn't new but he has been posting more recently.

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Slick Southpaw
Genea
MrsrachaelSnape
Genea
MrsrachaelSnape
Genea
Good afternoon. heart

Afternoon? it's late here hehe
1.20pm heeere. User Image I love living in the future. User Image

will the future be great? Best thing is you don't have to stay up for bid blast.
Yeah they always seem to finish while I'm sleeping. User Image

The future is cold. D: It's the middle of summer and it's effing COLD. D:

come to my winter where it's 60 degrees Fahrenheit on a chilly day wink

Where do you live? Let me guess oz?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:49 pm

MrsrachaelSnape
Slick Southpaw
Genea
MrsrachaelSnape
Genea

will the future be great? Best thing is you don't have to stay up for bid blast.

c:
The desert.
Ariiiiiizzoooooonnnnnaaaaaaa

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Genea

Crew

Sexy Glitch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:50 pm

SHUT UP TEA I LOVE REAPER'S TUMBLR I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING IT FOR A LONG TIME. User Image
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Sir Black Tea
Should I make a whistleblower thread in the GCD about why reapersun hasn't finished the case and equate the reason to the extensive amounts of offsite projects and fanart she's been doing?

sure she's been doing some RIG illustrations (she did the entire story for underland) but at the same time with this on her work tumblr....

and not work on the case.

However if Gaia wants to be the titanic so bad, let it. It's not like they even tried being competition to the other sites gaining popularity that are like Gaia/every other site out their.

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Slick Southpaw
MrsrachaelSnape
Slick Southpaw
Genea
MrsrachaelSnape
Genea

c:
The desert.

OMG way too hot.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:52 pm

Genea
SHUT UP TEA I LOVE REAPER'S TUMBLR I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING IT FOR A LONG TIME. User Image

I follow it too

but there's only so much fanart from a fandom you don't follow you can have on your dash

hornworts

Rare

hornworts

Rare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:53 pm

Jayce Reinhardt
Sir Black Tea

and not work on the case.

However if Gaia wants to be the titanic so bad, let it. It's not like they even tried being competition to the other sites gaining popularity that are like Gaia/every other site out their.

Meh

Personally I like Gaia

I got in a few years ago and I'm still here

and it's one of the most updating sites I believe and most other sites have their own problems

it'd just be fun to stir the GCD

I mean when was the last time we had a baww thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Sir Black Tea
Genea

I follow it too

but there's only so much fanart from a fandom you don't follow you can have on your dash

Excessive masturbation over sherlock causes hairy palms.

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

Genea
Slick Southpaw
Genea
MrsrachaelSnape
Genea

IDK what that translates to in C. CBF working it out. Sounds hot. In the literal sense. xD
I'd honestly prefer the cold over the heat.

It feels like it's about 15 degrees C outside. Let's see what it reeeally is on the BOM. 16. Huh, I was close. xD We've been getting heatwave summer weather recently, but we have this crazy spiralling low-pressure system blowing over us from Antarctica so rain and cold for the next couple of days.

@ Rachael: That would be pretty interesting! :O I must admit waking up and spending the day outside when it barely reaches over ten degrees isn't fun.
No it isn't as long you have high winds or it will really suck.

MrsrachaelSnape
Slick Southpaw
MrsrachaelSnape
Slick Southpaw
Genea

c:
The desert.

OMG way too hot.
cool BUT ITS A DRY HEAT

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Quote:
To anyone and everyone reading this:

Bear in mind, these are just ideas I have floating around in my head, so take them or leave them, but I do hope they help.

One, while you have a standing order with the staff to communicate issue to the user base, from what I have seen, there is a big discrepancy between what is communicated from the staff (which has gotten better), and what the userbase is actually concerned about.

We'll take alchemy for example, since that is the hot topic at the moment.

Several users brought up the issue of Gaia's newer project, with poor drop percentages, statements that have been made by staff that were seemingly inappropriate, issues with the system that are way unbalanced, and as a result, these issues were brought time and again to AtA, with today being a big showing of users voicing their concerns about it.

Yet, what we keep hearing is "we'll look into it, we know folks are unhappy, we're trying." And then...nothing happens that is visible to the userbase. few updates to the issues brought up, no sign that it is being actively looked into, or any real indication that it is in fact being worked on at all.

And that may be standard policy in the office, but it is a poor way to handle the business. gaia is a growing company, and wants to compete with the big names in gaming online right now, such as Zynga and Rovio. But these companies are light years ahead of Gaia in the realm of customer interaction.

It's been my understanding, and yes, I know I may be wrong here, that Lanzer is kind of the defacto "Face of Gaia's Staff" for Gaia's modern format. But half the time, it feels like he's feeding the users candy coated info, and not really addressing the issues at hand. The AtA is supposed to be fun, we know, but it's really the only time we get to directly ask the staff questions and get an immediate response...if we get lucky enough to get to first page of the thread.

If the staff can't all attend (Or at least the Dept. Heads) then why not get a person whose job is to gather info related to the issues from the week before, address them in the first post of the AtA, and then can take follow up question or even nice and silly ones.

I know the staff monitors SF (and to a degree, GCD), and don't have time for ALL the threads, but when a major issue is staring your staff in the face, it feels like it's being swept under the rug.

Maybe what is needed is a more...prominent PR dept.? One whose face is regularly seen, and deeply connected to the dept. heads, getting the information, putting it together in an easy to digest format, and making it presentable to the userbase. And not just the issues the site has, but the stuff you guys have in the works that you are really excited about!

New contests in the GCD by DJ Helsing? Heck yeah, that'll go in. New items in zOMG? Great, let's tell folks! Fixed some long standing issues with some items? Hurray! Let's tell everyone!

PR has always been a huge issue for Gaia, and from what I have seem, I don't know if it is because it's never really been addressed, the pr folks you have aren't stepping up, or there just isn't really anyone there who knows how to do it. But it's hurting you guys. And has you continue to expand and grow, that issue is only going to get worse.

Biggest thing I can suggest, is hiring someone, who has either made this a career goal, or someone who really gets and cares about Gaia like your userbase does. You want someone there who can live and breathe the site like any other user, and is a part of it! And wants to share the best of the site, what's being done to make it better, and really listens to what folks have to say!

Thank you for taking the time to listen. I hope that some of this can be put to good use.

Joshua Diener, aka Ridley Starsmore

Sent that to lanky just now...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Slick Southpaw
MrsrachaelSnape
Slick Southpaw
MrsrachaelSnape
Slick Southpaw
Genea

c:
The desert.

OMG way too hot.
cool BUT ITS A DRY HEAT

AZ is a hell of a lot warmer than Jersey.
Not much of a fan of cold weather.

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

Genea

Crew

Sexy Glitch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Sir Black Tea
Genea

I follow it too

Get into the fandom. crying OMG Sherlock and Hella Jaaaaaawn so winnnnnn. User Image
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games